Poll

I go to the match and it's interesting how few friends I have that support England.. .If you are an LFC fan - do you support England?

YES! (And I'm English/British)
63 (23.2%)
NO! (And I'm English/British)
139 (51.1%)
I'm not English or British - here you are..
70 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 272

Author Topic: Liverpool fans that support England in Internationals..  (Read 24925 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Liverpool fans that support England in Internationals..
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:27 pm »
Been interesting talking about the World Cup with lads I know in work and at the match and mates in general. I honestly don't think I personally know one single Liverpool FC fan that supports England (Though, I suppose some might but keep it quiet..)

I can't say were really against them either - just don't really give a stuff.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool fans that support England in Internationals..
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:22 pm »
I'll watch England matches sometimes, but generally I care far more about Liverpool than England.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:59 pm »
International football is shite unless it's one of the major tournaments. I only jump on the bandwagon of one of the Irish teams. Couldn't give that much of a fuck if they qualify or not.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:01 pm »
Couldn't care less.

Like it if a Liverpool player has a decent game, but that's about it. Tend not to even watch them.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:37 pm »
I’ll support them in a major championship but friendlies and qualifiers are a complete waste of time. As far as my support goes it’s only the 90 minutes. I won’t feel any different if England lost, whereas club level it hurts for days.

The World Cup is unique though. Love watching the lower key South American teams play.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:46 pm »
Good excuse to get together with mates and watch them at tournaments, otherwise I’m not arsed.

I’m not from Liverpool but totally understand why many from there Don’t follow England, though

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 08:33:10 pm »
Love the World Cup and Euros but never in my lifetime will I support England. Just cos I'm from here doesn't mean I have to get behind them. Plus, England fans are the biggest bellends in football

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 08:40:32 pm »
I’ve wanted them to actively lose for years. I don’t see how anyone could bring themselves to cheer on the likes of Beckham, Neville, Ferdinand, Cole and Terry etc. My go to response a few years ago when asked this question was, how could I possibly watch Rooney lift a trophy and be happy about it? Or Roy Hodgson... it’s all a bit hypocritical.

Now that the majority of my disliked players have moved on and now that England are managed by a nice guy, I no longer want them to lose I just watch as a complete neutral. If they started playing decent football and started picking players on merit rather than letting the media dictate what happens then I would probably even route for them in the same way I’ve routed for Spain and Germany in the past.

All that aside, I’ll always want the Liverpool players involved to do well.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:43 pm »
I want England to win it, but if they don't I won't be arsed at all. I love the World Cup though, it's still a tournament like no other. Hope for some memorable football this time around, 2014 was meh minus the Brazil-Germany game.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »
^ yea, what they all said. scouse not English . I went to the WC in Germany as a neutral observer and the England fans in Nuremberg were sound but in Cologne were total dickheads.

Their no surrender, rule Britania, god save the queen song book is about as unscouse as it gets.
And the fucking band that plays the great escape. Are they still around? What a bunch of twats they must be to sit next to :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:45:54 pm by kavah »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »
Not a liverpool fan, but I do support England.

The only issue I have with England is the players, the manager,the style of football, the media, the fans, the racist undertones, the casual hooliganism, the imperial delusions, the sinister connotations, the shitty war related songs.
Apart from that, Lets faacking hav it lads! Ingerlund Ingerlund Ingerlund

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 08:53:58 pm »
I'm not English, Not British and not a Liverpool fan    :D

I support England only when there is a Toon player playing in the team.     :P

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:23 pm »
Love the World Cup and Euros but never in my lifetime will I support England. Just cos I'm from here doesn't mean I have to get behind them. Plus, England fans are the biggest bellends in football

This is why I cannot follow the England football team. Even though as far as I am concerned I am Scouse not English, I will support England at Rugby, Cricket, Motorcycling and F1, GB at athletics, in fact English/British in any sport where the fans do not act like utter twats, but I am sick to death of watching Ingerlund fans running about Europe acting the c*nt, abusing locals and tourists and going on about a war that ended 73 fucking years ago.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 09:03:34 pm »
I'm not English, Not British and not a Liverpool fan    :D

I support England only when there is a Toon player playing in the team.     :P

Is that cos you are a Geordie?  :D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 09:04:19 pm »
I was right behind England in the 1990 World Cup. I was a kid and it was the first one I properly watched, I was gutted when we went out on pens.

I was fairly swiftly turned off them when my Dad took me to my first England match a couple of years later.  We went to see the San Marino game at Wembley. (Later found out that Dad chose that one as he knew the attendance would be down, so he thought there’d be fewer headbangers and no real prospect of trouble).  Some of you might remember that that was the night that tens of thousands of England fans gave John Barnes dogs abuse all night.  Barnes might not have been the player he was, but he was still an idol of mine and I was really pissed off about the way he was treated. He deserved way better than that...in fact no-one deserved that treatment.

Since then I’ve thought “fuck em” when it comes to England mainly because of the fans...and then the media...and then in the 2000s the players started becoming more and more unlikeable too.

This set of players seem largely harmless, but the fans can still fuck off, and therefore I couldn’t care less.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 09:09:53 pm »
Scottish so I spent most of my life desperate for England to lose - but the shine went off that in one of the ones where they lost to Portugal, so that would’ve been 2004 or 2006, because England were actually pretty good then, not especially unlikeable, and it was actually pretty sad to see how disappointed the players were when they hadn’t really deserved to lose.

So now I actively do try to support England.  I guess in a way I’m trying to wind up my 18-year-old self.

Doesn’t really work though, I just can’t help it.  Honestly, England’s once-a-decade proper meltdowns (Iceland in 2016, Croatia in 2007) are the most thrilling thing in international sport.

PS yeah I forgot the fans, jeez.  Seen England live once, v Brazil, and on the way out saw a flag-wearing oaf yelling in the faces of a group of singing Brazilian girls to ‘facking shut it’.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:13:56 pm by Iska »

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:12 pm »
Is that cos you are a Geordie?  :D
Yes, I'm a Geordie from the Kingdom of Northumbria   :)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15:00 pm »
Not a liverpool fan, but I do support England.

The only issue I have with England is the players, the manager,the style of football, the media, the fans, the racist undertones, the casual hooliganism, the imperial delusions, the sinister connotations, the shitty war related songs.
Apart from that, Lets faacking hav it lads! Ingerlund Ingerlund Ingerlund
You didn't even mention the F.A. The ones in charge and the ones who gave up trying to find a winning coach a long time ago.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15:20 pm »
I used to be a huge England fan up until I was about 16 (2006). Not been arsed since. I'll watch the games in major tournaments but it doesn't bother me if they get beat. Until something changes and a fresh approach is taken then it shall remain that way.

I'm still a fan of the lower age groups (under-17's, under-19's etc)

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 09:23:12 pm »
I used to support England when I was a kid, stopped as soon I was around 15 when Barnes was getting all that stick of the fans .  Always hope our lads play well but that's it for me.
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:16 pm »
I support England.  Why?  Because I was born in England ... and accident of my birth of course, but I don’t like people who say they support Brazil or Germany or wot not... that’s not really how international foootball is supposed to work.

But I don’t support england very well.  I resent half the players, the managers usually shite and most of the fans attending the game are Brexit knuckle scrappers ...
It’s all very very underwhelming
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 09:30:05 pm »
Come tournament time, I'll be on board with England doing well. Especially since we always have at least one player who is a main member of the team.
All the teams which feature one of ours, I'll support.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:31:37 pm »
I wont lie, there was a time when England meant more to me than anything, granted I was young and stupid. When our current manager missed the pen at euro 96 i cried, world cup 1990 was my earliest memory of a world cup and all i wanted to be for the next year was Gazza.
Forward to 2004, I was still big on England till then, really big, as in, sleepless night before a knock out game vs Argentina etc, then I found myself walking down the street wearing an Arsenal shirt one summer day, it was the day England were playing France, I passed by a pub, some pissed out of their heads cretins decided to corner me and tell me to go fuck off and support France. 9 hours later, Zizou curles a free kick into the corner of Englands net, France win 2-1 in the last minute, and guess whose fist flying through the air giving it the allez les bleu, yours truely.
That was me done with England, I would get back on board if they ever try to play football again, but winning because "we are England, we invented the game", can fucking do one.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:54 pm »
I love international tournament's, Couldn't give a damn if England do well or not.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51:03 pm »
No way. FUCK England. I'm not proud to be from this Tory Brexit shithole nation with it's racist supporters, so no. Fuck England. I'd rather Syria won the World Cup.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:04 pm »
No interest in International football. CL knock out games are the best standard of games at the top level.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 10:10:10 pm »
I loathe everything to do with the England set-up and don't support them in any way. Can't stand the moronic Ingurland mentality either.

I hope the Liverpool players involved do well, but that's as far as my interest goes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »
I used to be quite fond of international football, my first memory is probably euro 96, I vaguely remember stuff on the news about England not qualifying for the 94 world cup. Then 98, 2000 and throughout Sven's campaigns I was still interested in international football and wanted England to do well. We've always had a few key personnel so I've always wanted them to do well if selected. What I noticed as I grew older particularly post 2002 was what i viewed as a xenophobic media huddle If you will. A group of players labelled Golden just so the journalists who coined the term could use it as ammunition against a manager, just the highest order of shithousery. I saw the water cannons in France and tbf took little notice but then I realised we are supported in the stands by actual c*nts. I don't know if it's because there's this impression that they support Dulwich Hamlet or something but the way they behave is just odd.

I guess my issue isn't with the England team, despite the fact I could name a better manager and a better set of 23 players, it's everything else that's English which surrounds it.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 10:17:59 pm »
I loathe everything to do with the England set-up and don't support them in any way. Can't stand the moronic Ingurland mentality either.

I hope the Liverpool players involved do well, but that's as far as my interest goes.

The more Liverpool players in the team, the more interest.

I'd be more interested if Lallana and AOC were playing but other than that I won't be going out if my way to watch them.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 10:18:55 pm »
The England team is for Tories

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 10:24:41 pm »
I’ll watch as many games as possible in the World Cup. As for England i would sooner we weren’t in it . Could not give the slightest of shits.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 10:56:30 pm »
I like it. Come Euros or World Cup its sunny outside, out with everyone in the boozer. The lads who breath football, the lads who cant stand it, girlfriends who wouldn't go the pub to watch football out, generally a decent day out. Everyone happy when England win, everyone saying how shite we are when we lose again. Cup competitions are great, friendlies are shite.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 11:23:21 pm »
the fact is the rivalries are that big in the premier league as a scouser I can't follow england. in 2014 i'm in vegas watching england vs uruguay. gerrard goes down in the box cockneys go "hes slipped again". a 20% fit suarez then bangs in the winner as a parting gift before he left and i couldn't stop laughing for about 25 minutes.

the thing is english people love failure more than they enjoy winning. i call it paula radcliffe syndrome because shes remembered by 99% of people for having a poo in the road as opposed to being the marathon world record holder(albeit now surpassed). its why gazzas tears are constantly on our screens every 2 years. did hamanns biography mentioned this. said gazzas a legend in england for failure in a semi final whereas ballack competed in a world cup final and a european final and lost both so he'll be forgotten.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 11:32:22 pm »
Happy to see England win but not particularly arsed. The thing about me in sport is that I always need a side to root for to get properly invested, so I do tend to support England on that basis. You're an even bigger wanker if you've got a Brazil top on and that. It's hard to even support England on any level when they're so shite though!

For me, the England squad is so bland now that I don't even hate anyone in there. The United players are average, there's no Chelsea ones in there, I'll never be arsed enough about Spurs to hate their players.

Tell you what, I would be made up to see Henderson prove people wrong and have a great tournament. Trent getting some minutes would be boss too.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:46 pm »
Kind of lost interest in the England team around 2004 Euros.

I don't care if they win or lose.

The vomit inducing media with the hype/1966 and those twats at the FA put me off the team,the Suarez stitch up by the FA made me hate anything FA related including the FA Cup.

CL is way better for me,international tournaments are just players playing on empty after the slog of a long season so the football is no where near the standard of CL.

I tend to root for Argentina in World Cups and Italy in the Euros and i have no links to either country.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:22 pm »
I enjoy going to international tournys but with regards to England I am not arsed & haven't been since I was a lad as the twats always used to break Barnes,something that has carried on throughout the years.

Am hoping that England,Egypt,Brazil,Spain,Croatia,Serbia & Belgium all fails to make the 2nd round.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:35 pm »
Club before Country every day of the week, my friends. Fuck Ingerlund FC and their shower of shite fans, massive delusions of grandeur and their racist overtones, not to mention that fucking No Surrender fucking bollocks. Nope. About as far removed from the values I grew up with (and still hope to maintain) as a Liverpool supporter.

SNE all the way.

I want England to have three incredibly boring matches, losing every one of them but not one Liverpool player injured, so they all come home safely and the fans sulk into their flat beer back in Nowhereshire.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:26 am »
I'm actually interested to see how I feel when it gets going.

The Euro 2004 tournament was amazing with a combination of us having an exciting team with Rooney at his international peak (I honestly think we could have gone on to win it had he not got injured) and the personal circumstances of being 21, back with old childhood mates after time away at uni in what I remember being beautiful weather.

I went to the World Cup in 2006 for a week in the group stages and had exactly the same experience as the poster above - seeing the best and worst of Engand fans both at the games and back at the campsite we were staying on (the latter was brilliant apart from one night where the campsite, maybe complacent at how well behaved everyone had been, laid on a coach to the local nightclub which inevitably ended in chaos).

From that point on it went downhill though. I don't know I was just older and more aware or whether a combination of underachieving, defensive squads and a worsening economy brought the worst out of people but I sat through a few games in pubs in really poisonous atmospheres before abandoning that and watching the games at home. Once I'd taken the crowd mentality and the beers out of the equation I found I really didn't care a great deal. I've not bothered with any of the qualifiers.

I'm going to give it another go for the tournament though as it feels like we have a young team that is going to at least go out and attack. I actually like most of the players - it's only really Alli that I think I'd find it hard to cheer on. I still think that if you find somewhere with 'proper' football fans (as opposed to the 10 german bombers mob that only seem to turn up for England games) it can actually be nice to put the club rivalries aside and have everybody pulling in the same direction.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:44:25 am by Sammy5IsAlive »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:54 am »
Club before Country every day of the week, my friends. Fuck Ingerlund FC and their shower of shite fans, massive delusions of grandeur and their racist overtones, not to mention that fucking No Surrender fucking bollocks. Nope. About as far removed from the values I grew up with (and still hope to maintain) as a Liverpool supporter.

SNE all the way.

I want England to have three incredibly boring matches, losing every one of them but not one Liverpool player injured, so they all come home safely and the fans sulk into their flat beer back in Nowhereshire.
This all day, week, month, year long.
Couldn't give a flying shite about the national side and all that goes with it. And all the fucking s*n reading fuck bags that follow them can fuck rarrr off as well...