Author Topic: European Cup Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool - Build up here. D-day  (Read 47862 times)

Offline MGC

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What score dya's reckon we'll beat Milan ?
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2005, 12:33:15 pm »
I fancy 2 v 1 within the 90 mins.
Stevie G gettin the winner.

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
Re: What score dya's reckon we'll beat Milan ?
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2005, 12:35:32 pm »
confidint little thread isn't it. I rekon 0-0 Reds on peno's Carra to get the winner.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2005, 12:36:23 pm »
i reckon we'll get beat to be honest.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2005, 12:37:30 pm »
i reckon we'll get beat to be honest.

Ah come on have a little faith buddy -

We are the Mighty Reds and we fear no-one!

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline peodude

• Kemlynite
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2005, 12:38:05 pm »
i think 2 - 1 as well Cisse, Garcia and Schvenko ;D

Offline coop

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2005, 12:46:57 pm »
confidint little thread isn't it. I rekon 0-0 Reds on peno's Carra to get the winner.

Are you Razor?

2-1 Extra time: Baros, Cisse

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2005, 12:48:04 pm »
I think we'll score early like the Bayer, Juve and Chelsea games then defend like anything for 70 mins, then get another throught Cissé on the break. Milan to get one back with Kaka, but we win.

2-1 all the way
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
I think we'll win 3-1, no idea about scorers, you never can tell in a Benitez team can you!

Offline peodude

• Kemlynite
In the earlier article posted:

Liverpool is on a 7  match undefeated streak since (Matchday 6) while Milan's 7 match unbeaten run came to an end in the second leg semi-final in Eindhoven. It is extremely difficult to maintain an unbeaten run in this competition for long. Liverpool have not conceded a goal since the second leg QF in Torino versus Juventus. That is three games now. These are not good omens for Liverpool.

Why are these NOT good omens for Liverpool, either that should say "These are good omens for Liverpool" or "These are not good omens for AC Milan" :o :o :o

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who is the Referee??
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
Media Release Date: 19/05/2005
Communiqué aux médias No. 066
Medien-Mitteilung
Top-quality TV from UEFA Champions League final
The 2005 Final will be the first UEFA club competition final produced in HDTV
The UEFA Champions League final between AC Milan and Liverpool FC to be played
at the Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadi in Istanbul on Wednesday next week, 25 May, will be
the first UEFA club competition final ever to be produced in High Definition Television
(HDTV) format.
“The UEFA Champions League has always been associated with quality in every
aspect,” comments Lars-Christer Olsson, UEFA’s Chief Executive. “So we are
naturally very pleased to break new ground and set new standards with state-of-theart
technology. Our aim is always to help our broadcast partners to offer their viewers
‘the best seat in the stadium’ and this is another step in the right direction. I’m happy
and proud that the TV transmission of the 50th final in this competition will be a ‘first’
in terms of the quality of the images we will be beaming all round the world from
Istanbul. It’s good to make use of technology that will match the prestige of the
event.”
Pictures of the Istanbul final will be distributed to some 200 countries and territories
worldwide and the estimated audience is around 150 million viewers. Images will be
shown by the 80 television networks who have been ‘Broadcast Partners’ throughout
the UEFA Champions League campaign. For the first time, the networks will, in
addition to Standard Definition format, receive pictures in HD1080i high-definition
format. The audio production will match this quality by bringing the latest surroundsound
technology to viewers.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Red1234

• Main Stander
I fancy 2 v 1 within the 90 mins.
Stevie G gettin the winner.

Had a dream very similar to that the other day! Baros scored the other!

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
In a tense game, there were few clear cut opportunities. Shevchenko missed a glorious chance to win the game for Milan late on, when a sublime pass from Kaka put him one on one with Jerzy Dudek. Luckily for Liverpool, the Ukranian striker blazed handsomely over the bar. Cisse and substitute Baros went close for Liverpool, but as the clock ticked away, the game remained goalless.

In the 86th minute, Liverpool won a corner. Eschewing the short-corner routine that hadn't worked for them throughout the game, midfielder Xabi Alonso whipped in a precision cross. Quite what happened to the Milan defence next, nobody will ever know. An unmarked Igor Biscan rose like a giraffe to blast home a power header at the far post, leaving hapless goalkeeper Dida with no chance.

A shellshocked Milan back four looked at each other in total disbelief. The tight defending that Milan had made their trademark was in tatters, blown away by Liverpool's departing Croatian superstar. Liverpool shut up shop for the final five minutes of normal time, and an incredible SIX minutes of nail-biting injury time, and held on to win the game. To the victor, the spoils - an astounding fifth European Cup for Liverpool, and a place in folklore for cult hero Igor Biscan.

Surely he must now sign an extension to his contract?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 05:00:11 pm by GingerRed »
Da Dang

Offline liverbird23

• Main Stander
  • legends all round
is anyone else gettin worried yet?

our very own mister carragher says their the best team in europe, yet everyone seems to be pretty confident.........

.................not that i dont have faith in us or anything, im just very superstitious and most people think were goin to do well, which is normally when we dont
The joy was enormous, incomparable. The goal, the people, qualification. It was all a dream.

.....and there was glory round the fields of anfield road......

Offline Red1234

• Main Stander
In a tense game, there were few clear cut opportunities. Shevchenko missed a glorious chance to win the game for Milan late on, when a sublime pass from Kaka put him one on one with Jerzy Dudek. Luckily for Liverpool, the Ukranian striker blazed handsomely over the bar. Cisse and substitute Baros went close for Liverpool, but as the clock ticked away, the game remained goalless.

In the 86th minute, Liverpool won a corner. Eschewing the short-corner routine that hadn't worked for them throughout the game, midfielder Xabi Alonso whipped in a precision cross. Quite what happened to the Milan defence next, nobody will ever know. An unmarked Igor Biscan rose like a giraffe to blast home a power header at the far post, leaving hapless goalkeeper Dida with no chance.

A shellshocked Milan back four looked at each other in total disbelief. The tight defending that Milan had made their trademark was in tatters, blown away by Liverpool's departing Croation superstar. Liverpool shut up shop for the final five minutes of normal time, and an incredible SIX minutes of nail-biting injury time, and held on to win the game. To the victor, the spoils - an astounding fifth European Cup for Liverpool, and a place in folklore for cult hero Igor Biscan.

Surely he must now sign an extension to his contract?

:wellin

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom
I found these two articles on channel4.com and I think they can be interesting.
Enjoy the read ;)

First a article about Sheva and his thought on the match.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may19d.html

Andriy Shevchenko says Milan must treat the Champions’ League Final against Liverpool like just any other game.

The two teams clash in Istanbul on May 25 and the European Footballer of the Year believes he has the recipe for success.

"The most important thing is to remain calm and serene in the days leading up to the match," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The European Cup Final obviously creates pressure as it is the most important game in the European football calendar.

"But it is important to also remember that it is ‘only’ a game and you have more of a chance of winning if you don’t forget that."

The Rossoneri will go into the encounter as favourites, a fact that the Ukrainian striker undoubtedly agrees with after their 2003 success.

"This experience is different to the Manchester one when we beat Juventus," continued Shevchenko, who netted the winning penalty in that Old Trafford shoot-out.

"That was the first Final for many of us and there was a different approach going into that particular tie.

"We are more accustomed to these situations now, especially as we have won a lot between Manchester and Istanbul."

However, Milan have looked shaky in recent weeks after seemingly losing the Scudetto to Juventus.

"Our recent dip is only normal," he noted. "We are now regenerating ourselves and we will be at 100 percent against Liverpool."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is another one, Ancelotti si talking about his starting 11.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may19i.html

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has already decided on his starting line-up for the Champions’ League Final against Liverpool.

The Rossoneri face the Premiership giants in Turkey on Wednesday and the tactician has no selection doubts ahead of the tie.

"I’ve already decided who will play in Istanbul," he said. "I just need to evaluate the condition of certain players who haven’t featured too regularly recently.

"But I have no doubts. The side has already been drawn up and I’ll speak again about it on Tuesday."

However, the reigning Italian champions will firstly have to face Palermo on Friday night in an attempt to keep their slim title hopes alive.

"We want to beat Palermo as we want to end this Championship well," added Ancelotti, whose side would hand the Scudetto to Juve if they fail to win tomorrow night.

"We know it won’t be easy as Palermo are fighting for a UEFA Cup spot and (Week 38 opponents) Udinese are going for the Champions’ League."

Ancelotti is expected to field a second-string side at the San Siro against the Rosaneri, but he has brushed aside claims that his players are tired.

"I don’t see a tired Milan side," he underlined. "We have suffered psychologically but not with tiredness.

"The game against Juventus was well balanced. The gap in the table is made up from the two games between us. We picked up one point, while they collected four."

Ancelotti also confirmed that Pippo Inzaghi, who has had an injury plagued campaign, will feature against Palermo.

"He did well in the half an hour against Juve and then against Lecce," he stated. "He’ll play at least 45 minutes on Friday."

Milan probable for Champions’ League Final: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Shevchenko, Crespo

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
The Excitement Rises To Unbearable Levels
:scarf :champ Come on You Mighty Reds :champ :scarf
[/color][/size][/b]

Fquk i cant take this. Six days to go to the biggest game for a generation.
Someone help if they can.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
I'm keeping quiet over score or anything.  I'll let it all out at the end of the game next week.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
i think the reds are gonna win 5-1

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
i think the reds are gonna win 5-1

If we win the European Cup final 5-1, I'm going to work nude for a week.
Da Dang

Offline Little Alex

• Legacy Fan

:lmao

Offline ste669

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
id settle for a 1-0 win with a own goal dont care as long as we win
roll on wednesday cant wait to hit istanbul

Offline rasher

• Legacy Fan
think we can scare the bollox out of them from the start, two goals up by half time and we're slightly gigging. Another goal just after half time, then Milan grab one, chase the game and we score two more for good luck and we're totally laughing. Baros and/or Cisse should run rings around there defence, plus Gerrard coming through like a bull from midfield is enough to scare even the most hardened Italian.

Offline jiky

• Rafa's monkey shoulder
  • Legacy Fan
  • i think i want to die.someone shoot me

yeah but your an artists model right?
im off to switzerland,baby. Wanna assist?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Ok here's my twopenneth

Dudek
Finnan   Carra  Hyypia  Riise
               Hamman
Gerrard   Alonso   Kewell
               Garcia
               Baros

Cisse to come on after 60 mins when we're 5 up  ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Heres my selection....

Dudek

Finnan   Carragher  Hyypia   Djimi

Garcia     Gerrard    Alonso    Riise

Cisse         Baros

Then if we are leading after 60-65 mins it will be changed to

Dudek

Finnan   Carra  Hyypia   Djimi   Riise
         Josemi     Hamman Igor
                       Gerrard   
                  Smicer/Kewell

If we are behind with 25 mins to go...

Dudek
Josemi   Carra     Hyypia   Djimi

Hamman
Finnan                                Kewell 
                     Gerrard
            Cisse           Baros

If we are behind with 5 mins to go.....

Dudek (in goal)

Every other player in Milans half....long balls from jerzy :wave :wave

Unthinkable

"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
Mattlfc05,

That's what I call possibilities. ;D
Da Dang

Offline MattLFC08

• Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Mattlfc05,

That's what I call possibilities. ;D
Wonder if Rafa is thinking the same as me?
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Offline BringBackMeelan!

• Main Stander
  • Euro champs 2005!
i think rafa will start with the 4-5-1 but do u think that at some point in the game rafa may go to 4-4-2 with cisse and baros playing upfront or will it depend on whether we are winning or loseing?

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4-1 to milan

Offline castleman

• Anny Roader
Wonder if Rafa is thinking the same as me?

You think you're of the same mentality?

God these jokes are getting tedious :butt ;D
This signature has been replaced by a PIN.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
As we get closer, the more nervous, excited I get. I think some of my friends and family are getting annoyed with me because in every conversation they start up, I always have to fit Liverpool in the conversation and now with the final looming, Im talking about Liverpool even more.

We going to win this match, Im sure of it. It will be important for us to get the first goal and early on in the game, which leaves them to chase the game.

Think Benitez will start with a 4-2-3-1, with Didi and Alonso in the centre and Garcia, Gerrard and Riise attacking with Baros upfront running the Milan defenders ragged. Baros is also going to score, I can feel it.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline MattLFC08

• Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
I just don't know.... ;)

Offline Code72

• Is a cunt
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom
More comments from Ancelotti.
I think these one show that he has the upmost respect for Rafa. :D

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s342/st73493.htm?fromrss=1

Milan boss speaks ahead of the Liverpool game
By European Football - May 19 2005

Carlo Ancelloti has been quizzed by the Italian press ahead of the Champions League final against Liverpool into his opponents strengths and weaknesses:

'We have to watch out at set-pieces but we are going to this final to showcase all that is best about this club. Adriano Galliani gave was a speech that relaxed everyone. It’s all looking positive and from a psychological point of view the team is in good shape. As for Liverpool, they play like an Italian side, so we are training as would if we were facing an Italian side.

In any case, it’s not an easy match to prepare for tactically as they close up the space a lot. We haven’t always done well when this happens but this theory could go out the window if after three minutes they decide to attack and we are forced to defend. Liverpool look at the opposition and change their style of play accordingly as they did against Juventus.

They didn’t make any mistakes in both legs, playing two perfect games. However, we cannot become too concerned. We have to stay relaxed and at ease as we are going to play in the most important event of the year, with the chance to do something really good. Liverpool are more predictable than Chelsea but from an organisational point of view they did more and won.'

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
my side:

Dudek

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Riise

Hamann         Alonso
Garcia          Gerrard      Kewell

Cisse
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline Haroon

• Main Stander
  • - Forza Milan -
Hello Liverpudlians.  :wave

I'm new here and I see that my reputation precedes me. First of all a very warm welcome from me. I'd like to mention that this board is absolutely top notch and the best one I've seen by far. A big thumbs up for that. It's excellent.  8)

Let me give a brief introduction of myself. I'm originally from Lahore, Pakistan and live in England. I've been a Milanista for almost two decades now and following  "Il Diavolo Rossonere" is a part of my life. I had the pleasure to go and watch Milan play Utd. in the Stadio San Siro. I highly recommend for you guys to go and watch a big European game in the Holy Shrine of World Football. ;) You'll love the atmosphere in the stadium. It's unique. I know it is odd for me to say this but seeing is believing and it will leave a lasting effect on the people who go and see it. 10,000 Mancs who were singing all day were left awe-struck prior to the kick-off when the choreography was revealed and the confetti, tickertape and banners came out.  8)

I also had the pleasure of going to see the EuroDerby first leg vs. Internazionale. Both games were marvellous experiences for me. In both the games I was seated in the Curva Sud (Southern Stand) section of the San Siro. "Seated" would be a wrong word as nobody sits in the Curva.  ;) They only sit during half-time for 10 mins.

The Curva Sud is also the same section where the Fossa Dei Leoni & Brigate Rossonere are stationed in the 2nd tier.  Commandos Tigre are stationed in the first tier. FDL and BRN are the two major Milan Ultra groups. I mention this because in 1989 it was the Curva Sud singing the Italian version of YNWA in the semi-final 2nd leg of the European Champions Cup when Real experienced their worst European night thanks to the Devil. The Milan Ultras are unlike ULTRAS of clubs like Real, Barcelona, Juve, Lazio or other Spanish clubs. The Milan Ultras have nothing to do with politics, violence or any deragotory behaviour. It is passionate support for the team in home and away matches.

I don't think I need to say more than the events of 1989 when the Milan Curva sang YNWA. Nobody else did it. The Milan Ultras did it. ;)That should suffice. Ultras is for intense passion. These guys sing non-stop for the entire game. There is drumming, singing and the noise is intense. It is very very loud.

Getting to the game now .... I'm glad in a way that Liverpool are back on top of European football. It is great because great clubs belong at the top. You are part of the cream of European football. A part of the Elite 5 as I mentioned in my preview. It is big big game for Liverpool. The biggest one in two decades. It is the biggest game for us this season and the biggest one in two seasons as we won our 6th only two seasons ago.

I can say that the respect is mutual on both ends and because it is Liverpool, I have made the exception of joining a rival forum for the first time to have a discussion with you guys. I see that there is a huge list of omens being listed.  ;D I liked the C.A.M.E.L one personally. It was ingenuity at its best!  :P

It will be a tough game for Liverpool and us. Our side looks well prepared and up for it.

ACM 1899

Offline MattLFC08

• Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
10,000 Mancs who were singing all day

Didnt know the mancs could sing.... :D

Offline Haroon

• Main Stander
  • - Forza Milan -
The Mancs were singing all day. When it came to crunch time and when they saw the Curva Sud start off proceedings with the choreography they went numb and thousands of flashes to capture the vivid imagery. They were quiet the whole game and no prawn sandwiches available in the San Siro as an excuse for their silence.  ;D The San Siro is loud and the architecture of the stadium keeps all the sound locked up in it.

ACM 1899

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Heres my selection....

Dudek

Finnan   Carragher  Hyypia   Djimi

Garcia     Gerrard    Alonso    Riise

Cisse         Baros

Then if we are leading after 60-65 mins it will be changed to

Dudek

Finnan   Carra  Hyypia   Djimi   Riise
         Josemi     Hamman Igor
                       Gerrard   
                  Smicer/Kewell

I doubt he'll get away with four substitutions
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan

Dudek

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Riise

Alonso

Gerrard

Cisse           Garcia         Kewell

Baros

Subs: Carson, Traore, Hamann, Biscan, Nunez, Smicer
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur