Author Topic: Hillsborough trial collapses  (Read 24736 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hillsborough trial collapses
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 01:13:28 pm »
But expert witness Sir Robert Francis QC told the jury there was no legal duty of candour for police at a public inquiry.

So we can discount anything said at future public enquiries as we won’t know the difference between who is lying and who isn’t.

The findings of future public enquiries will be difficult to assess not to mention write up.
Feel for everyone, but sadly not surprised with the outcome.
They played for time, offered Mackrell up as a sacrifice then got the sweeping brush out. I just hope that those involved have not been able to rest easy over the last 32 years - just like the families

Going forward there needs to be action against people coming out with lies. The underlying facts of the case are clear - perhaps the needs to be a fund to bring slander/libel cases against people deliberately misrepresenting the facts of the case?

What a terrible precedent, allowing the Police to lie at inquiries.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2021, 01:14:54 pm »
Absolutely disgusting.  I feel sick to the stomach. 

How can none of them be held accountable for a criminal offence on such a mass scale as this?!

The whole fucking corrupt system is as bent as a Boxing Day turd.  Utterly insane.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2021, 01:17:23 pm »
Disgraceful and sickening. JFT96 - never, ever forgotten.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2021, 01:17:29 pm »
I certainly didn't. 

On a personal note I was 27 years old when Hillsborough happened. My whole life ahead of me.  I am now 60 and have had my life totally consumed by Hillsborough. 

I just keep wondering, what would my life have been without this consuming me?
Big love to you, Millie....

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2021, 01:27:42 pm »
I'm raging, I'm nearly in tears for those who've gone through all of this. I want to burn something down.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2021, 01:31:09 pm »
96 people unlawfully killed & no one's to blame.

How does that work then ?

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2021, 01:34:59 pm »
But expert witness Sir Robert Francis QC told the jury there was no legal duty of candour for police at a public inquiry.

So we can discount anything said at future public enquiries as we won’t know the difference between who is lying and who isn’t.

The findings of future public enquiries will be difficult to assess not to mention write up.

That certainly seems to be the case for non- statutory inquiries. I am in no way close to these issues (so apologies) but if it hasn’t been done already, it would be worth investigating the decision to make the Taylor inquiry non-statutory, a decision that is having massive repercussions today.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2021, 01:36:44 pm »
96 people unlawfully killed & no one's to blame.

How does that work then ?
Dodgy handshakes, laaa.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2021, 01:40:35 pm »
Dodgy handshakes, laaa.

Corruption is at the heart of everything to do with the Establishment, as we all know Jim.

Hate to say it, but if we want any form of justice - or for this country to suffer any form of consequences for the establishment's actions - its time to play dirty.

The Euros are coming up, the one thing that abortion in Number 10 is pinning his hopes on to save his arse.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:44:02 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2021, 01:42:47 pm »
96 people were found to be unlawfully killed, that's a fact.

Here is what I would like to happen and I know this is fanciful and not possible in our legal system. We have to accept someone is to blame for this. Round up every single one of them in a court - whether that is 2,3, 9 or 10 people ranging from the police in charge to the stewards, Sheff Wed's board to the FA. And let them argue it out between each other in a court and have a jury decide at the end who is guilty.

This is the problem with our judicial system, its too binary. Its clear someone is to blame here, and there are no mysterious figures who we aren't aware of - these people are all known. The law is an ass.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2021, 01:42:58 pm »
Some fucking country this.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2021, 01:43:42 pm »
Someone needs to sue this Goldberg c*nt.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 01:45:30 pm »
Goldberg told a verified lie in public - which I believe is contrary to his professional obligations.

https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/online-reporting-form.html?route2_3

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 01:46:32 pm »
These are the people leading the country. It’s frightening. The same will happen for the people who are responsible for Grenfell.
If you have money or are part of the establishment in this country you are untouchable.
Anyway my thoughts are with the families who have been so dignified for the last 32 years, your loved ones will never be forgotten

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:01 pm »
These are the people leading the country. It’s frightening. The same will happen for the people who are responsible for Grenfell.
If you have money or are part of the establishment in this country you are untouchable.
Anyway my thoughts are with the families who have been so dignified for the last 32 years, your loved ones will never be forgotten

Yep.

The judiciary are a fucking mess. Jobs for life - and they’re almost all posh old white guys from certain backgrounds with certain connections.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:01 pm »
Did you expect acquittal on the technicality that it's okay to lie in a public enquiry........?

Not quite that, but expected them to get away with it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:08 pm »
And we like to think the world is ruled by laws. Incredible.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2021, 01:53:14 pm »
Yep.

The judiciary are a fucking mess. Jobs for life - and they’re almost all posh old white guys from certain backgrounds with certain connections.

And often selected because there is something that makes them easily controlled .    .     .

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2021, 01:53:18 pm »
Not quite that, but expected them to get away with it.
Definitely yeah - the way in which it's been done just smacks of planning - days after the league ends and the day Cummings will be spread across the headlines for the next 48 hours or so - and ahead of possible public enquiry into BoJo's corrupt clan.....

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2021, 01:53:26 pm »
My heart just bursts for everyone affected by it. Just awful.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2021, 01:56:09 pm »
They’re Evil
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2021, 01:59:16 pm »
Definitely yeah - the way in which it's been done just smacks of planning - days after the league ends and the day Cummings will be spread across the headlines for the next 48 hours or so - and ahead of possible public enquiry into BoJo's corrupt clan.....
It had the added bonus for the bastards of putting the defending QC on prime-time radio having a dig at Andy Burnham.  Handy timing as Burnham looks like being at the heart of another local vs. national government argument in the coming days and weeks.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2021, 02:01:09 pm »

Shameful , but expected !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2021, 02:01:33 pm »
Charles Dickens had it right. The law is indeed an ass.

Arse-covering, rank-closing fuckers....the lot of them.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2021, 02:10:46 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1397539153844310017

It is with huge disappointment that Liverpool Football Club notes the latest developments in the judicial process relating to the Hillsborough disaster. 

The 96 will never be forgotten.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
It is with huge disappointment that Liverpool Football Club notes the latest developments in the judicial process relating to the Hillsborough disaster.

While it would not be our place, legally or otherwise, to comment on those proceedings as they pertain to individuals, it is incumbent on us to forcefully point out that the 96 victims, their families, survivors and all those who suffered as a result of the Hillsborough tragedy have continuously been failed in their pursuit for justice.

We salute all those who have campaigned for justice. They have been let down yet again.

We have a situation in which 96 people were unlawfully killed and yet no individual or group has been deemed legally culpable for their deaths.

As ever, our thoughts are with the families, survivors and campaigners and we would reiterate that, as established by the 2016 inquests, the behaviour of our supporters was not a contributory factor in the disaster, a truth for which the bereaved families had to fight for over a quarter of a century.

The 96 will never be forgotten.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2021, 02:12:49 pm »
Utterly, utterly flabbergasted - absolute corrupt set of bastards....I'm fucking shaking with rage !

I feel for the families so much - heartbreaking ! Like Millie, this has occupied my mind for half my life - and this is the end result ? When I calm down - I'll cry buckets I know I will....then finish off the open bottle of Bushmills I started last Sunday.

Justice for the 96 - RIP the 96.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2021, 02:13:45 pm »
They show no regard for the living that survived or the dead that have passed. It's so heartbreaking thinking of how families and survivors feel right now.

Nobody from the SYP and WMPC cohort of bastards should be able to sit comfortably to think they've got away with it, again. Nobody
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2021, 02:16:17 pm »
It had the added bonus for the bastards of putting the defending QC on prime-time radio having a dig at Andy Burnham.  Handy timing as Burnham looks like being at the heart of another local vs. national government argument in the coming days and weeks.
I'm sure Andy will have a suitable response very soon........

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2021, 02:16:49 pm »

Thanks for that - great statement from the club. A thinly-veiled eff off to the corrupt system.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2021, 02:19:37 pm »
Disgusted..Yes
Surprised..No
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2021, 02:26:03 pm »
Thanks for that - great statement from the club. A thinly-veiled eff off to the corrupt system.

Yep, agreed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2021, 02:30:09 pm »
Prob worth mentioning it's best to watch what is said in here.

Aye.  What I want to say isn't repeatable.  But I'm thinking it.  Lots of it.

Love and respect to you all.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2021, 02:35:53 pm »

Hillsborough: Relatives of four of the 96 unlawfully killed, Henry Burke, 47, Brian Matthews, 38, Sarah and Vicki Hicks, 19 & 15, talking to the media following the collapsed trial 32 years later.

Have said the trial was “a farce.”

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:41:04 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2021, 02:39:06 pm »
Margaret Aspinall called it "the cover up of the cover up of the cover up". She's not wrong.

Gloves are off, gags are removed. With nobody on trial (and no realistic prospect of there ever being anybody else brought to trial) I'd say the days of keeping our powder dry ARE FUCKING OVER!!!!!

Is there room to release everything you have and dare these bastards to sue you for libel? I'd contribute towards a defence fund.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2021, 02:43:09 pm »
Margaret Aspinall called it "the cover up of the cover up of the cover up". She's not wrong.

Gloves are off, gags are removed. With nobody on trial (and no realistic prospect of there ever being anybody else brought to trial) I'd say the days of keeping our powder dry ARE FUCKING OVER!!!!!

Damn fucking right.

It's time to play dirty.

Start of next season. Start of the Euros. If we have to - Doesn't need to be at Anfield - can be wherever we want it to be. Take the fucking war to whoever and wherever we want.

United haven't been punished for their fans doing what they did at the end of last season - as far as I'm concerned its open fucking season now.

The FA haven't been punished. They need to be.

The Tories haven't been punished. They have to be.

And as for News International. Well.

We don't stop until the authorities are fucking bleeding.

Start with this c*nt.

jonathan.goldberg@goldbergqc.com
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:45:56 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2021, 02:51:41 pm »
Damn fucking right.

It's time to play dirty.

Start of next season. Start of the Euros. If we have to - Doesn't need to be at Anfield - can be wherever we want it to be. Take the fucking war to whoever and wherever we want.

United haven't been punished for their fans doing what they did at the end of last season - as far as I'm concerned its open fucking season now.

Start with this c*nt.

Is right......I'm with you brother - we need to nail these bastards.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2021, 02:56:15 pm »
Not a surprise unfortunately. Bent doesn't even begin to describe it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2021, 03:02:54 pm »
I certainly didn't. 

On a personal note I was 27 years old when Hillsborough happened. My whole life ahead of me.  I am now 60 and have had my life totally consumed by Hillsborough. 

I just keep wondering, what would my life have been without this consuming me?
i feel so sorry for people like you

i wish i had better words mate.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2021, 03:05:07 pm »
Damn fucking right.

It's time to play dirty.

Start with this c*nt.

You’re right. With Goldberg - best to start by reporting his comments today to the Bar Standards Board. Wrote a lengthy one myself earlier. Although they don’t listen to people like us.