Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 584202 times)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #4080 on: June 13, 2018, 11:32:07 am »
Assuming there's something massive i'm missing here but i don't get the outrage to be honest

I don't get how he's 'acting how he wants' or what it being a few days before the world cup has to do with it. He's taken a massive job that begins after the tournament, didn't Conte take the Chelsea job while Italy manager and Van Gaal do the same while Holland manager?

He's still managing the national side regardless of the Real job

Did those guys have permission to speak to those clubs? I'm going to say yes.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4081 on: June 13, 2018, 11:32:41 am »
That's what I've been thinking

Doesn’t make sense to myself

Originally when I heard he got the job , I though Madrid had cleared it with the FA

SSN

Saying he had agreed to sign for Madrid after World Cup 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:35:48 am by rocco »

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: June 13, 2018, 11:32:43 am »
Just seems strange if he has already signed as Manager for Madrid and not accepted the job but to sign after World Cup when he resigns as spainisg coach

Didn’t think you could sign for a Club while managing your country without some agreement

Not sure of FIFA rules but the new head of the Spanish FA's not to be messed with:

Guillem Balague@GuillemBalague

Key -the personality of Rubiales and his promises during campaign that made him president of the federation a month ago. He promised a clean Federation, he is strong, determined and feels that things don’t get done “getting a call or two only five minutes” before RM announcement

“With time this decision will makes us strong,” Rubiales said. I know what he is saying. He wants a strong Federation where Real Madrid, Barcelona or whoever does not treat them like a little weak brother.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4083 on: June 13, 2018, 11:37:17 am »
Did those guys have permission to speak to those clubs? I'm going to say yes.

Ahh i see, didn't realise he hadn't discussed it with them at all. In that case that makes sense

Just amateur from him to be honest and sums up Real Madrid, as if anyone needs more reason to hate them and the way they act :lmao

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: June 13, 2018, 11:37:21 am »
Madrid Contract not signed .

Gas if they changed their minds at Madrid

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4085 on: June 13, 2018, 11:45:09 am »
Madrid Contract not signed .

Was just wondering if this was the case. Could get worse for him

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:06 am »
The whole thing smacks of contempt from Real and shows a complete lack of pride and respect in the national side and, to a point, the nation.

They should have had a private dinner, agreed to keep it under wraps until after the WC and just got on with their respective summers, keeping in private contact over transfers etc and then announced it post-WC.

Whatever happened to Spain in the competition would have given him an excuse to leave - a bad performance, and he gives it the full Mea Culpa and resigns, a win or a brave loss in the latter stages and he gives it the full 'I have given it my all' and no one begrudges him leaving.

So somehow he's managed to pick the absolute worst option available to him. So congratulations to him on that.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: June 13, 2018, 11:53:32 am »
His agent will need sacking off too :)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: June 13, 2018, 11:55:15 am »
Was just wondering if this was the case. Could get worse for him

Ridiculous Madrid didn’t wait until after the World Cup to approach the FA and Lopetegui

That’s Madrid’s .

How could they think their new manager could coach Barca players with them knowing he was The next Madrid coach
Think the FA where thinking that

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4089 on: June 13, 2018, 11:55:31 am »
So who manages Spain in World Cup?

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: June 13, 2018, 11:56:27 am »
New avatar to show my solidarity in these dark times.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #4091 on: June 13, 2018, 11:58:38 am »

Moysie? He can count to three.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4092 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:12 pm »
Ridiculous Madrid didn’t wait until after the World Cup to approach the FA and Lopetegui

That’s Madrid’s .

How could they think their new manager could coach Barca players with them knowing he was The next Madrid coach
Think the FA where thinking that

Wouldn't surprise me if Madrid's usual media sources start to blame Lopetegui for blabbing. If they get knocked out in embarrassing fashion, the knives will come out. It's a no-win situation

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:24 pm »

Big Sam.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: June 13, 2018, 12:01:28 pm »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: June 13, 2018, 12:01:49 pm »

From the Guardian -

"Asked who would be taking over, he [Rubiales] added: “We are going to touch as little as possible. We are working on it. When we know we will tell you. I have spoken with the players and I can guarantee they will do everything, along with the new coach, to take the team as far as possible. To win is very important, to have the best coach very important, but above everything is acting in the right way. Maybe this is tough now, but in the end it will make us stronger.

“I took a plane, came back from Moscow, missed the vote on the next World Cup to be here. We had to react, I know that whatever I do I will be criticised, I accept that.”

Spain Under-21 manager Albert Celades, who is part of the coaching staff with the senior squad in Russia, and director of football Fernando Hierro are two of the possible replacements as head coach heading into the World Cup. Spain play their first Group B match against Portugal on Friday evening."

I suspect it will be one of the two they've mentioned.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #4096 on: June 13, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »
The old Man Utd song, We do what we like, cos we are Man Utd, is taken to a whole new level by Rotten Madrid.

They don't even consider the National team when looking for a new Manager or player for that matter.

They should have made sure the Spanish FA were involved with the World Cup about to start.

A club that's rotten to the core.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: June 13, 2018, 12:05:39 pm »
Surely we play the Champions league final again after this shitstorm. How do I set a petition up?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: June 13, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if Madrid's usual media sources start to blame Lopetegui for blabbing. If they get knocked out in embarrassing fashion, the knives will come out. It's a no-win situation

Don't think RM give a shit about optics..they've got their man and will have their media spin the PR their way if need be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: June 13, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »
Should give it to Rafa.

He could do a good job for them, maybe he'll be the Spain manager at some point in the future.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4100 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:51 pm »
Under-21 manager Albert Celades will manage Spain at the World Cup.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4101 on: June 13, 2018, 12:36:00 pm »
Under-21 manager Albert Celades will manage Spain at the World Cup.

Where's that from? Is it official?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: June 13, 2018, 12:39:21 pm »
Where's that from? Is it official?

Looking around, it doesn't seem to be official yet.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4103 on: June 13, 2018, 12:40:16 pm »
Looking around, it doesn't seem to be official yet.

Guess they don't realistically have many options. Don't want to disrupt preparations this late by getting in a new guy with new ideas and tactics
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #4104 on: June 13, 2018, 12:46:03 pm »
Fucking hilarious
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4105 on: June 13, 2018, 12:56:24 pm »
Don't think RM give a shit about optics..they've got their man and will have their media spin the PR their way if need be.

Third time in about 18 hours I've heard/seen this word being used.  What's with this new craze?  ;D

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: June 13, 2018, 01:07:23 pm »
Should get Zidane in, he is clearly some sort of Illuminati grand master and will win them the world cup.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4107 on: June 13, 2018, 01:11:58 pm »
Hierro has taken over, which under the circumstances makes sense as they'll need someone who can command respect. Tactically they might come unstuck as things progress

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4108 on: June 13, 2018, 01:12:13 pm »
No, it’s Fernando Hierro!!

Does he have any management experience?? Surely involved in the Spanish set up??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: June 13, 2018, 01:12:49 pm »
Hierro has taken over, which under the circumstances makes sense as they'll need someone who can command respect. Tactically they might come unstuck as things progress

So much for Celades being named manager! ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4110 on: June 13, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »
What in the world? Why did the Spanish FA sack him now???

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: June 13, 2018, 01:17:42 pm »
No, it’s Fernando Hierro!!

Does he have any management experience?? Surely involved in the Spanish set up??

He was assistant at Real in 2014-15, Oviedo manager in 2016-17 and was Spain's Sporting Director since last November, which he was for four years between 2007-11.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:02 pm »
What in the world? Why did the Spanish FA sack him now???
Because he didn’t inform about the negotiations for Madrid and didn’t ask for permission.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:30 pm »
Because he didn’t inform about the negotiations for Madrid and didn’t ask for permission.

I know that but 2 days before the opening game, just madness.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: June 13, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »
Now watch him get the sack for losing Madrid’s pre season match

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4115 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:00 pm »
The whole thing smacks of contempt from Real and shows a complete lack of pride and respect in the national side and, to a point, the nation.

Playing a little devil’s advocate here.  What if this were LFC and we needed a new manager but the manager that we chose was coaching the England NT.  Wouldn’t we all expect that the owners and sporting director put LFC first and get the man in that we wanted as soon as possible rather then waited another month and had to put up with all of the media discussions and supporter angst wondering what the hell we were doing waiting to find someone?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:24 pm »
Playing a little devil’s advocate here.  What if this were LFC and we needed a new manager but the manager that we chose was coaching the England NT.  Wouldn’t we all expect that the owners and sporting director put LFC first and get the man in that we wanted as soon as possible rather then waited another month and had to put up with all of the media discussions and supporter angst wondering what the hell we were doing waiting to find someone?

Of course we would.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: June 13, 2018, 01:36:11 pm »

Yep. Absolutely nowt wrong from Real's perspective. Their responsibility is to find a new manager.

Why would anyone think they would say "actually, you know what, don't talk to us right now". Particularly when it puts that hire at risk, where he could go to a competitor or it's too late in the mid-season gap to be able to prepare for the coming season

Not that it affects my point at all, but if a good manager was due to take England to the world cup (extremely unrealistic I know), but we secured him and then England sacked him I'd be laughing my arse off

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4118 on: June 13, 2018, 01:36:33 pm »
Can England possibly do the same to Southgate? Not because other teams call him but cuz no team ever offered him a job?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4119 on: June 13, 2018, 01:38:22 pm »
Hope you enjoy your 6 months at Real Juan, you utter fool.