Author Topic: Spartak Moscow  (Read 65195 times)

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spartak Moscow
« Reply #40 on: September 1, 2017, 05:23:43 pm »
More details on the echo:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-pay-visa-costs-fans-13562029

Sounds like it is only for uk based visa applicants, someone further up asked about that. Also sounds like you need to prove you went to from this below. So maybe they give us the money back after the trip.

“If every ticket is allocated, everyone gets a visa, everyone is UK based and everyone goes and can prove it, we’re looking at paying back around £250,000.”

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #41 on: September 1, 2017, 05:24:51 pm »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #42 on: September 1, 2017, 05:38:21 pm »
Want to get back to doing a couple of European aways soon, decided against this season especially as it feels wrong trying to jump on when we're back in the premier competition for the first time in ages but saving now for future seasons potentially.

This sort of trip is basically what I should be looking at in future if I want to get into the stadium isn't it? More likely to be spares from people outside the ground? As Tony Tiger says, the sort of trip where a couple thousand tickets get sold but only 500 or so make the trip is one where you're more likely to get one, than say Sevilla in sunny Spain where everyone wants to go.

Impossible I presume it's been impossible to get onto the ladder since I fell off in 2010, and while I enjoyed Inter Milan away in 08 and only got a ticket off the back of scoring the winning goal in a fans friendly match you'd rather travel knowing you'll get to see the game  with the outlay of a holiday in Europe- though I'm not totally against enjoying a three day break somewhere based on the draw of balls by Uefa and having laugh and asking for spares, as it beats not bothering at all and essentially giving up. I've done four trips now where I've just decided to go with people who had tickets and managed to get one.

Not asking about this one in particular, but basically my main options in future would be

a) Extremely large away grounds in ballache places to get to (for outside chance of my own card)
b) Making friends with people who circulate tickets amongst a group (i was part of one of these before but we've all fallen off now)
c) Chancing a trip and asking around out there

Is that about right?

Shame really as I'd love to take my brother to one soon as hes never been on one.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 05:40:01 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 1, 2017, 05:46:25 pm »

Not asking about this one in particular, but basically my main options in future would be

a) Extremely large away grounds in ballache places to get to (for outside chance of my own card)
b) Making friends with people who circulate tickets amongst a group (i was part of one of these before but we've all fallen off now)
c) Chancing a trip and asking around out there

Is that about right?

Shame really as I'd love to take my brother to one soon as hes never been on one.

If they do proof of travel for Russia this time, then everyone who goes will get the credit and possibly be sorted for the future games. It depends how they do Maribor, if they do it based on Spartak, then Spartak is a must go.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #44 on: September 1, 2017, 05:55:05 pm »
If they do proof of travel for Russia this time, then everyone who goes will get the credit and possibly be sorted for the future games. It depends how they do Maribor, if they do it based on Spartak, then Spartak is a must go.

I can bring forward going to one of these if it means I can get a credit and buy one directly from the club, just have to cash in some savings. I'm sure there was a possibility of this happening before, I think Besikitas but if you can't buy a ticket for it initially then you can't provide proof of travel?

If i have to go to the arse end of Europe and prove I've been, that's no issue, I'm up for going anywhere really. I'm still fairly certain it would be hard to access the sale with 0 credits though.  I reckon people would buy and not go and then just not get the credit because they can't provide proof of travel (as they haven't been) before it drops to 0- but the problem would be that it would have sold out and the tickets distributed they just weren't used and credits weren't given out.

It's a shame there wouldn't be a number out there you could buy by producing your own membership card on the day of the game in the city.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 05:59:05 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: September 1, 2017, 06:00:14 pm »

I hope you're correct but don't feel confident of it dropping to all members. I never got a credit for Kazan despite submitting my travel documents. My mate whose card I used received the credit for it.I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar this time round.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2017, 06:52:40 pm »
Great news on visa costs! Can you rock up anytime at the Russian consulate in Manchester or do you need to make an appointment?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »
has anybody applied for their Visa yet
I've seen a few websites with different prices and not sure what I need

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2017, 07:16:53 pm »
Any decent routes left?

Booked
Manc - Cologne - Sunday
Cologne - Moscow - Monday
Moscow - Cologne - Wednesday
Cologne - Manc - Friday
All for 249

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »
has anybody applied for their Visa yet
I've seen a few websites with different prices and not sure what I need

Go on the FCO website and follow the link from there. Others will charge you unnecessary fees

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2017, 09:10:39 pm »
Great news on visa costs! Can you rock up anytime at the Russian consulate in Manchester or do you need to make an appointment?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

just turn up any time - on the application you have to put 'London' as the application centre as there isn't an option for Manchester

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »
Spartak pretty much sold out on the first day their tickets went on sale (25 August). Huge interest in this and they're much better supported than CSKA.

Spartak's stadium is 1.5 times bigger than CSKA's (45k v 30k)*. I reckon that LFC should get ~1,700 regular tickets & ~300 Cat 1s. The regular ones are a bit more expensive than CSKA's, so should be around 26-29 quid. Cat 1s could end up significantly dearer - around 70-80 quid each.

*the grounds are 4 miles apart

Correction. CL regs: away club gets 5% (that 2200 number) & 200 Cat 1s.
United didn't take up the full allocation.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 09:27:10 pm by Pata »

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2017, 09:32:14 pm »
Is that because of the World Cup approaching? I trust what you say with your inside knowledge, but won't be holding my breath
Yup but English clubs have visited Moscow before (Spurs @ CSKA a year ago) & it wasn't exactly Armageddon. Certainly, nothing as bad as Liverpool's trip to St.Petersburg or, say, Naples.

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2017, 09:45:22 pm »
...I enjoyed Inter Milan away in 08 and only got a ticket off the back of scoring the winning goal in a fans friendly match...

Buried our only half-chance. :) Can't argue with 1-0 win away in Europe.

Btw, if anyone fancies a game & a few bevvies with the locals in Moscow, my Spartak chums got in touch the other day. They are trying to organise a match against a team of Liverpool fans. Might be an opportunity to resurrect these events with a new generation of players. Very much enjoyed the games we played in 2007-2009.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2017, 10:00:02 pm »
Buried our only half-chance. :) Can't argue with 1-0 win away in Europe.

Btw, if anyone fancies a game & a few bevvies with the locals in Moscow, my Spartak chums got in touch the other day. They are trying to organise a match against a team of Liverpool fans. Might be an opportunity to resurrect these events with a new generation of players. Very much enjoyed the games we played in 2007-2009.

Does that match include a organised 11 vs 11 brawl in the end? :D

Just joking, sound like a good idea if its safe enough.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2017, 11:09:55 pm »
Will be laughable if we take the full allocation. I expect we will take a 1000 at most with the club requesting proof of travel and visa for credit.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2017, 07:57:20 am »
just turn up any time - on the application you have to put 'London' as the application centre as there isn't an option for Manchester
Cheers mate   :wave

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 2, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
When we expecting the sales criteria?

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 2, 2017, 10:51:33 am »
Will be laughable if we take the full allocation. I expect we will take a 1000 at most with the club requesting proof of travel and visa for credit.

For Kazan there was about 200-400 that bought through the club and got the credit. Our end was full though. Spoke to few Russian and Kazakhstan reds on that day and club personally emailed most of the supporters group to take up the tickets. There was approx 3000-4000 reds there that day, including neutral section. Wouldn't be surprised to see our club take the full allocation and give most of them to russian and other eastern supporters club as a gesture of goodwill. They will not get the credit though.

But maybe its all different cause this is CL and not EL...

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: September 2, 2017, 11:34:15 am »
We had to register for Kazan for something like £5 or £10 can't remember now which was then refunded out of the price of the ticket.Cut out a few time wasters.I wonder will they go for the same approach with this one or is there enough time.Can see all the tickets being sold with only those travelling getting the credit.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60 on: September 2, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »
Anybody booked hotels yet?

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: September 2, 2017, 02:35:20 pm »
Just a suggestion to folks that it is a good idea to add a day or two onto the return date you get put on the voucher/confirmation and the visa.  That way if, in the hopefully unlikely event, that your plane was delayed or cancelled and you had to return the following day, then you wouldn't be in trouble with Russian authorities for overstaying on visa.   If you've already got voucher/confirmation documents, then just make sure you put same dates on visa application so that it doesn't fail.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
« Reply #62 on: September 2, 2017, 03:12:44 pm »
i did my visa last night via an agency , bollox really i had to fill it in and then send it off to the agency to be proof red ,then hopefully submitted without any problems , just a heads up seems a lot more questions than the kazan one , how much you earn, have you got a bank account and if your self employed bank documentation to support your claims , etc etc , what makes it worse for me is I'm bloody useless on computers but hopefully I've done it ok .if you know someone that can type your answers in quicker than someone like me (the one fingered ,searching for the letters type),then it will be a breeze  :) heres hoping for a good trip

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: September 2, 2017, 06:29:46 pm »
For Kazan there was about 200-400 that bought through the club and got the credit. Our end was full though. Spoke to few Russian and Kazakhstan reds on that day and club personally emailed most of the supporters group to take up the tickets. There was approx 3000-4000 reds there that day, including neutral section. Wouldn't be surprised to see our club take the full allocation and give most of them to russian and other eastern supporters club as a gesture of goodwill. They will not get the credit though.

But maybe its all different cause this is CL and not EL...

Wasn't even close to that many

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 2, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »
I'm desperate to know the selling criteria here. I've sort of got quite a few credits but sort of not - it depends what they go on.

2014 season. Basel. Ludogorets. Read Madrid. Beşiktaş.
2016 season. United. Dortmund. Villareal.

If they go on the 2016 games I've only really gone to the 'big' ones with big allocations so nothing that loads of others won't already have.
If they do both seasons I've probably got a fair chance.

Anyone able to have educated guesses on the credit criteria?

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: September 2, 2017, 07:30:31 pm »
Fairly sure you'll be okay.

I suspect they will insist people provide proof of travel by way of their visa and boarding pass. Be like Kazan

I think anyone could get a ticket for that in the very last sale.

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: September 2, 2017, 09:55:58 pm »
Am going to the visa application office on Friday(my day off) or should I go sooner?

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #67 on: September 2, 2017, 10:52:04 pm »
Am going to the visa application office on Friday(my day off) or should I go sooner?
we arrive back from Spain 1pm Thursday  - have filled in most of the form and will head straight to  the office in Manchester once I've printed it off at home - says 5 working days so should have enough time  - kazan only to about 5  days to arrive back 

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #68 on: September 2, 2017, 10:52:37 pm »
I think they say it takes about a week to get your visa - assuming you're going to Manchester and having it posted back - then if you go Friday, you'd be expecting it back by 18 Sept.  If you're not going out well in advance of the match, it still gives some leeway in case.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 3, 2017, 07:42:21 pm »
A lad at work is dating a girl from Moscow, he tells me the visa takes 2-3 days to process and be posted back.

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: September 4, 2017, 08:25:38 am »
Need selling details..cant book yet since i dont have any credits for away in euro  :butt
Stockholm>Moscow getting expensive day by day

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: September 4, 2017, 08:41:57 am »
Just booked flights for €215 all in going over Monday and back Wednesday Going to sort out the visa next week.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: September 4, 2017, 10:45:51 am »
Just booked flights for €215 all in going over Monday and back Wednesday Going to sort out the visa next week.

where are these flights from mate? (details if you don't mind?)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 4, 2017, 01:25:42 pm »
Just put my visa application in, got sent to for a new photo as the picture I had matched my passport which was renewed last year. Collecting it next Monday.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 4, 2017, 01:51:45 pm »
Just put my visa application in, got sent to for a new photo as the picture I had matched my passport which was renewed last year. Collecting it next Monday.

I have just been for new photos, as the only one I have is the same as passport.

How long did it take? I have a client meeting in London tomorrow, so I am going after that.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 4, 2017, 02:02:35 pm »
I have just been for new photos, as the only one I have is the same as passport.

How long did it take? I have a client meeting in London tomorrow, so I am going after that.

Trip took 90 minutes, half of that time was the journey from work and the majority of the other half was finding the off licence that did photo's and queuing up again as it after midday.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: September 4, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »

I've just been to the London one and was in and out in fifteen minutes. There's a photo booth in the consulate too if that helps.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 4, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »
Liverpool FC fans wishing to purchase tickets for the Champions League away fixture with Spartak Moscow on Tuesday September 26 must register their intention to travel to Russia prior to tickets going on sale.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/274205-spartak-moscow-v-liverpool-ticket-update

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: September 4, 2017, 03:26:26 pm »
as expected if you want 1 for this you will get 1.

Offline Colm305

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: September 4, 2017, 03:32:15 pm »
as expected if you want 1 for this you will get 1.

Only if you have 1 of the games mentioned. I have done Kazan and the majority of games over the last few years and still don't qualify!