Author Topic: * Inquests 2015/16 - News Only Updates *  (Read 132298 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: * Inquests 2015/16 - News Only Updates *
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2019, 05:59:49 pm »
There is something rotten at the centre of this country to be honest, I'm can't honestly say I'm surprised by the turn of events though. My heart goes out to the families though. Keep strong everyone.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2019, 06:00:34 pm »
I felt awful hearing him being found not guilty. But reading the guardian article I now feel empty and sick which feels even worse. I can't begin to think what the families feel who have attended daily.

I cannot comprehend how they have allowed this court case to be spun, making exceptions for duckenfield because he's sick, or suffered, and not once allowing family statements of there suffering.

The poor chap thing has left me feeling so bitter about this world. I don't even want to relay my true emotions to this.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2019, 06:18:37 pm »
I have not really kept up with this. Just read the David Conn article and it is pretty shocking but at the same time not that surprising.

So what happens now? You mentioned there are still live criminal proceedings?
Two detectives are up for perverting the cause of justice, commencing next year so it remains important that we stay focused for now.
Our day will come.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2019, 06:19:48 pm »
Let's not forget in the first trial John Beggs QC, Duckenfield's barrister,  who blamed drunk fans - fans "in drink" as he put it to besmirch and repeat a lot of the lies and pull the wool over the Jurors eyes.

Beggs on his website boasts of the work he has done in defending the Police and he was the git who defended the army top brass when that poor lass committed suicide at Deepcut.

His website boasts that he is "the person police officers turn to when they’re facing matters of serious reputational concern". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

https://www.serjeantsinn.com/barrister/john-beggs-qc/police/

As much as it grates, its his job to defend his client using whatever means necessary, thats how the court system is set up. But, once he started peddling the egregious falsehoods about drunk fans, thats when the judge should have stepped in, or the CPS objected. That is what is most dismaying about this.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2019, 06:33:40 pm »
Please remember there are still live criminal proceedings ongoing.

The David Conn article in the Guardian succinctly illustrates what the families and survivors were up against, that should be shared as wide as possible.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/hillsborough-david-duckenfield-verdict

I've just read that. What the absolute fuck.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2019, 06:35:51 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/374335-liverpool-fc-statement

Following today's verdict at Preston Crown Court, Liverpool Football Club would like to commend the bereaved families, survivors and campaigners for the remarkable courage, dignity and resilience they have shown during the past three decades.

With further related legal proceedings listed for April and the restriction for commentary, we share the reactions and frustrations by the families today and those affected by the Hillsborough tragedy.

The journey that reached today’s stage, and will continue, is testament to the perseverance and determination of all involved in the ongoing campaign for justice.

We also reiterate that the inquests in April 2016 concluded that the behaviour of Liverpool supporters did not cause or contribute to the Hillsborough disaster. We were disappointed that the allegations were raised again in this process.

We have immense admiration for the Hillsborough families, survivors and campaigners for what they have achieved and our thoughts remain with them and those 96 Liverpool supporters who went to watch their team and never came home.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2019, 06:37:48 pm »
Just... fuck off.

Margaret said it best.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2019, 06:42:00 pm »
Two detectives are up for perverting the cause of justice, commencing next year so it remains important that we stay focused for now.
Our day will come.

Yes but this was the one I wanted  :'(
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2019, 06:45:56 pm »
I am gutted. The flag will be there on Saturday and to Salzburg. Never Give Up.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:47:54 pm by ACLE »
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »
Guy who orders gate opened then lies and said fans forced it open is not guilty of manslaughtering said fans.

Oookay.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2019, 06:59:56 pm »
A travesty of justice.

We need to hound that bastard till his last breath.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »
Hard watch this.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/374754-margaret-aspinall-on-hillsborough-retrial-conclusion?

"I don't believe in justice, but I do believe in accountability".

Not accidental, not lawful, no one responsible.  JFC.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2019, 07:03:50 pm »
'Duckenfield's lawyers fought to show jury "worst hooliganism ever filmed"':-

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/duckenfields-lawyers-fought-show-jury-17333335
That is absolutely disgraceful.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2019, 07:43:10 pm »
I'll bow out of this thread for the time being.  I suspect I'll end up either wanting to scream or break shit, and neither is healthy for me.  I'll try to distract myself with other aspects of the forum.

Keeping you all in my thoughts. JFT 96

Popcorn's Art

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2019, 08:00:36 pm »
I'm lost with this verdict.....

JFT 96... Never forgotten   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:56:33 pm by AllyouneedisRush »
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2019, 08:33:43 pm »
Good interview from Margaret that, gutted obviously but resolute as ever.

JFT96 
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Block G Raptor

• Kopite
  • Cóir do na Nócha Sé
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2019, 08:42:18 pm »
I've no words, I'm Numb. Just wanted to come on and reiterate my support, admiration and love for every single person affected be the events of April 15th 1989

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2019, 08:47:05 pm »
Not that I think anyone else is as dumb as me but don't even think about peeking at the Daily Mail article + comments unless you want to feel even shitter. Just, fuck them

We are a community will fight. We've been outnumbered from the start - what the fuck else is new, corrupt system with corrupt people, corrupt Tory govts in power when it happened and now... FIGHT ON.

Karma is real and justice WILL be real. JFT96

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2019, 08:48:07 pm »
Gutting that it turned out this way but can't say I'm surprised after what's gone on before, two steps forward, then three steps back.

I'm not sure what else the families can do to get justice for those they lost and those affected by the tragic events.

We will support them in whatever they do, JFT96
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2019, 08:53:26 pm »
I can not imagine what families must feel at this moment. All those people who have worked hard all their lives, paid their taxes and played by the rules only to repeatedly be denied justice, denied closure, after they could no longer deny the truth. Heartbreaking and so painful. Lost for words really.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »
I mean, if they'd come to this verdict because there wasn't quite enough evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt, or because it didn't quite meet the technical definition of 'manslaughter' or something, it might be more acceptable. But to read that all of the conclusions from the inquests were basically ignored and all the old arguments and disinformation came back into play, and the judge allowed such things to go unchallenged, is just beyond belief. It's like all the progress made in recent years was lost and the whole thing went back 30 years. Honestly that judge sounds like someone straight out of 1989.

The contrast between the process of the inquests - modern, open, thorough, professional and unbiased - and this trial - amateurish, ignoring important evidence, and vulnerable to the whims and prejudices of the judge - is really shocking. If the jury were not exposed to (or were told to ignore) the outcome of the inquests and all the facts that have been established recently, and were confronted instead with all the old arguments and disinformation, it's kind of understandable they would think there wasn't enough conclusive evidence to convict. But they should have had all the facts, and the defence should not have been able to dispute them. It had already been established that the fans were not to blame, so all they should've been considering here was how responsible Duckenfield was, and whether it could be classed as manslaughter. There's no way anyone should've been allowed to even suggest that the fans were to blame.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:09:21 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
Disgusting.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:34 pm »
Unbelievable verdict- how is it possible?

Lost for words! Feel for the families

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2019, 09:23:40 pm »
Disgusted, the inquest exposed just how incompetent Duckenfield was, thought the inquest also proved why many more people should have been in the dock as well and am sure many of them did expect a knock on the door when the prosecutions were announced.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:30:35 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2019, 10:27:59 pm »

'Hillsborough families voice outrage at not-guilty verdict':-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/hillsborough-families-outraged-david-duckenfield-not-guilty-verdict - by David Conn
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2019, 10:36:33 pm »
When the news came out I had to leave work. I pushed chair back, explained to them all that I was in no frame of mind for continuing and will see them tomorrow.

I can see people tomorrow. Today people for whom tomorrow never came are still awaiting justice. Survivors go into tomorrow knowing today let so many people down.

It’s all a very sinking feeling with an establishment yet again knocking truth down.   :'(
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2019, 11:18:03 pm »
I’m honestly at a fucking loss as to what I should say, I’m fucking gobsmacked to be honest.

96 people died at Hillsborough but it’s impossible to count the number of people who’s lives have been destroyed because of it, and that fucking pig Duckenfield is responsible.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2019, 11:47:12 pm »
I’m a survivor who rarely posts on the main boards. Just want to agree with the poster above who slates the CPS and encourage everyone to read the David Conn article posted above. It is pretty much unheard of for a journalist to attack a judge in the manner David does here.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2019, 11:59:07 pm »

https://twitter.com/joe_thomas18/status/1200186086292672512:-

'While Duckenfield used his condition as a reason to avoid scrutiny, brave #LFC supporters who survived the crush caused by his order stood up in court and gave powerful, emotive evidence. The contrast could not have been more stark'.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ptsd-flashbacks-humming-court-impact-17333987

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #309 on: November 29, 2019, 12:27:55 am »
An absolutely disgraceful decision and heartbreaking for both the families of the 96 and the survivors.The establishment can go tae fuck for all I care the corrupt twats.We are Liverpool and we will be there for all those affected.YNWA JUSTICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE 96.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2019, 01:08:54 am »
Establishment closing ranks, biased judiciary, incompetent legal representation and victim blaming..by all accounts it's still 1989 ffs.

Feel so sad for the survivors and families..as Margaret rightly but bewilderingly asks, how can an inquest determine that 96 people were unlawfully killed and then for the courts to find no one accountable!? Astonishing that this can be the verdict in this day and age, particularly with all the evidence presented.

Stinks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:53:42 am by The Final Third »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2019, 03:06:09 am »
Fuck sakes what an utter travesty.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #312 on: November 29, 2019, 07:45:18 am »
Shocked but not surprised at the outcome, like most I suspect.

The “it’s not his fault, poor chap” comment from a prejudiced judge (who shouldn’t have been presiding)  whatever the context, is disgraceful but says it all about the predetermined outcome. Having a feckless CPS counsel against a defence that engaged in the dark arts and took every advantage (unchallenged), however legally or morally reprehensible, didn’t help either.

It’s one thing for that man to walk free, but it’s the attempted erasing of past fact findings that’s most sickening of all.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #313 on: November 29, 2019, 08:45:42 am »
There is something rotten at the centre of this country to be honest, I'm can't honestly say I'm surprised by the turn of events though. My heart goes out to the families though. Keep strong everyone.  :(

Totally agree.

At best there was gross negligence by those in charge, followed by a major criminal cover-up involving many, many people to hide that negligence.

Our country is divided by design and this case is just one that shines a spotlight on that.

Gutted for the families who have been constantly kicked down and derided by a large section of our society, they deserve better.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 29, 2019, 09:03:14 am »
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Love to families/friends of the 96 and also to the survivors.

JFT96

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #315 on: November 29, 2019, 09:31:51 am »
I am so disappointed

being a dublin man there is a lot in the news lately about the stardust disco and comparisons can be made in terms of how the families have been left searching for answers for so long and their fight for justice.

I can only say how disappointed I feel for everyone after yesterday, i never saw that outcome coming. I really didnt.

Id rather we lost to Napoli and lost a few other games if it meant the families had proper closure.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #316 on: November 29, 2019, 10:10:55 am »
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Love to families/friends of the 96 and also to the survivors.

JFT96

Nicely put Paul. You’ve always been very vocal on this and I’m sure more important people have thanked you but I truly appreciate the support you’ve given over the years on here.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 29, 2019, 10:23:38 am »
Shocked but not surprised at the outcome, like most I suspect.

The “it’s not his fault, poor chap” comment from a prejudiced judge (who shouldn’t have been presiding)  whatever the context, is disgraceful but says it all about the predetermined outcome. Having a feckless CPS counsel against a defence that engaged in the dark arts and took every advantage (unchallenged), however legally or morally reprehensible, didn’t help either.

It’s one thing for that man to walk free, but it’s the attempted erasing of past fact findings that’s most sickening of all.

Nice to see your input Rossi

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #318 on: November 29, 2019, 10:30:46 am »
No words.

JFT96

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 29, 2019, 11:00:11 am »
Nicely put Paul. You’ve always been very vocal on this and I’m sure more important people have thanked you but I truly appreciate the support you’ve given over the years on here.
It is my opinion that no person, anywhere, let alone here on RAWK is more important than the next.

Thank you.

Take care man.