Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1515016 times)

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2920 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:29 pm »
hope we get drawn away in all the carling cup games next season, always easier for the young lads to get tickets,
should be boss

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2921 on: May 13, 2013, 06:44:11 pm »
hope we get drawn away in all the carling cup games next season, always easier for the young lads to get tickets,
should be boss

how?
how do you guys get tickets in the away end btw? We were just lucky there's a neutral area. And if/when blackburn's back in EPL, that works as well.
but for others ?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: May 13, 2013, 06:45:32 pm »
what kind of smoke bombs are we talking about?
are they these things?:

http://www.ultrasshop.com/index.php?a=sklep&p=182

or are they home-made jobbies?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2923 on: May 13, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »
I like the smoke canisters, I think they're great fun.

Have to say thoughthere were some right tits on the Kop at the derby. They were a few rows in front of us and set their canisters off just as the huge flag moved over their heads - cue a lot of coughing and spluttering as all of the smoke was trapped and concentrated in a small area ;D

I echo a post made by El Lobo above - they add atmosphere to an increasingly anodyne environement, but those setting them off should be careful to do so in as safe a way as possible.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: May 13, 2013, 06:59:05 pm »

The reason they are banned I believe is to cover the club and FA's arse, if they weren't illegal everyone would bring them in and the second one person suffered an injury from one the FA/Club/police would get their arse sued.

It's got nothing to do with the club. It's in violation of the Sporting Events act of 1985 which isn't just exclusive to football.

They look boss, the lads letting them off are having a blast and reclaiming some passion back into the support and should be applauded for it. BUT, I hope they don't get caught and get bans/jail sentences and I hope we don't have our allocation cut. I fear that both of those are inevitable though so maybe it's good it's gathering pace towards the end of the season and hopefully folk around the country will forget about it over the summer.

I've got nothing against the club trying to convince lads to cut down on it though because no doubt they are getting pressure from the other clubs and local police/stewards but I just don't like the tone they took with their last "warning"
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #2925 on: May 13, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
I saw the young kid being led away by the St John ambulance crew - difficult to tell what had caused his distress, and - though far be it for me to assume - he looked upset, without being hysterical.

We had an 11-year-old lad in our group, and he loved it. He was more distressed by the sight of the Fulham fans in the adjoining section watching the game through iPads.

Yesterday was superb - a cracking second half and a great atmosphere. And I even had a beer with Alan Kennedy at half-time - along with just about half our away support, by the look of it.

'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2926 on: May 13, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »
Found this on youtube.....video of the smokebombs from yesterday, looks great in my opinion. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4EVt5uTNs
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2927 on: May 13, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »
what kind of smoke bombs are we talking about?
are they these things?:

http://www.ultrasshop.com/index.php?a=sklep&p=182

or are they home-made jobbies?
http://www.ultrasshop.com/index.php?a=sklep&p=274

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #2928 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »
next time try one of these .. you can forget about the footy for 5-10 minutes ;D

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2929 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »
It's got nothing to do with the club. It's in violation of the Sporting Events act of 1985 which isn't just exclusive to football.

They look boss, the lads letting them off are having a blast and reclaiming some passion back into the support and should be applauded for it. BUT, I hope they don't get caught and get bans/jail sentences and I hope we don't have our allocation cut. I fear that both of those are inevitable though so maybe it's good it's gathering pace towards the end of the season and hopefully folk around the country will forget about it over the summer.

I've got nothing against the club trying to convince lads to cut down on it though because no doubt they are getting pressure from the other clubs and local police/stewards but I just don't like the tone they took with their last "warning"

They do look boss especially within a fantastic atmosphere but it will only take one jail term conviction/a child hospitalised for it to all stop. I'm sure the Police will have identified the lads setting them off yesterday and hopefully anyone caught will only get a slap on the wrist. Allocation wise could be cut but it depends on how other clubs are viewing them. Someone mentioned at Reading that the stewards weren't fussed at all but one club can vary from another. It seems to be a trend catching on though - Everton and also Watford yesterday when Deeney scored the winner someone let of a flare.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: May 13, 2013, 07:24:06 pm »
They do look boss especially within a fantastic atmosphere but it will only take one jail term conviction/a child hospitalised for it to all stop. I'm sure the Police will have identified the lads setting them off yesterday and hopefully anyone caught will only get a slap on the wrist. Allocation wise could be cut but it depends on how other clubs are viewing them. Someone mentioned at Reading that the stewards weren't fussed at all but one club can vary from another. It seems to be a trend catching on though - Everton and also Watford yesterday when Deeney scored the winner someone let of a flare.

I'm sure I've read a couple of fans of others clubs getting banned recently. Swansea springs to mind, presumably in their cup run but can't remember for certain. If someone gets caught they'll get a ban, unfortunately.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2931 on: May 13, 2013, 07:27:17 pm »
I'm sure I've read a couple of fans of others clubs getting banned recently. Swansea springs to mind, presumably in their cup run but can't remember for certain. If someone gets caught they'll get a ban, unfortunately.

You've got to weigh it up at the end of the day - A 2 minute mist of red smoke or a ban from home & away games for 1-3 years/longer? People who take them are setting them off at their own risk so it's up to them as an individual.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2932 on: May 13, 2013, 07:27:43 pm »
It seems to be a trend catching on though - Everton and also Watford yesterday when Deeney scored the winner someone let of a flare.

This will be the problem and why it'll get stamped out.

When it first started it was two or three during the whole game. Now it's 10+.

Once more clubs start, and they will, and once they all try to out do each other with bigger, longer or more, or worst yet start with flares, etc. the police will get tougher on it.

Offline groundhog

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2933 on: May 13, 2013, 07:29:04 pm »
Found this on youtube.....video of the smokebombs from yesterday, looks great in my opinion. :)

Thanks for posting that. Thought our end looked and sounded great yesterday.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2934 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:56 pm »
This will be the problem and why it'll get stamped out.

When it first started it was two or three during the whole game. Now it's 10+.

Once more clubs start, and they will, and once they all try to out do each other with bigger, longer or more, or worst yet start with flares, etc. the police will get tougher on it.

I think it was only so mad yesterday because it was the last game of the season
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2935 on: May 13, 2013, 07:42:32 pm »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #2936 on: May 13, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »
Was catching up here last season/season before but the police and clubs now all over it.  Face a ban if caught taking them in.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:58:22 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: May 13, 2013, 07:46:35 pm »
The reason they are banned is not because the gas is dangerous it is because the smoke obscures the view of CCTV, police, stewards etc and so if there was an issue in the crowd they would not be able to see it.     
I believe they are also worried they can obscure the exit signs and cause a panic.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: May 13, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »
Think the two points above are pretty valid arguments. Can you imagine them going off at a millwall, west ham
match?
From a personal point of view I think they do look smart as fuck though.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Ender

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2939 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:57 pm »
Think the two points above are pretty valid arguments. Can you imagine them going off at a millwall, west ham
match?
From a personal point of view I think they do look smart as fuck though.

Yeah, but as with everything else you have to draw the line somewhere.  In any event you can always sacrifice more atmosphere and/or fun, for more safety, but at some point the event in question would lose all its charm.  But they are pretty valid arguments, I give you that.

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #2940 on: May 13, 2013, 08:02:29 pm »
I don't. I had a mate who was a train driver and he said that the effect on the driver when that happens can be devastating, let alone the poor bastards who have to clean up the mess. If you really need to do it - get some pills, drink yourself to death or do it in a way that doesn't wreck other people's lives.
No matter how you do it, some poor fucker will have to pick you up, clean you up, tell your family etc etc.

Back on track - smoke bombs/grenades/pyros are necessary
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: May 13, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
From tonights Liverpool Echo.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »

That does look quality,

if i ever got on that don't tell the bride,

outside the church smoke bombs would be deployed.   
No time for caution.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2943 on: May 13, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »
From tonights Liverpool Echo.

Thats the kid I was talking about earlier, my mates lad.

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #2944 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »
Was at the game yesterday and thought the bombs were ace! I'd personally like to thank those lads for helping to create an atmosphere of individuality and pride. Go the game to participate not spectate!
However, I don't think they'll be around for much longer once the suits realise that there's a product supporters are having fun with and that they can't licence or sell.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: May 13, 2013, 09:28:22 pm »
Enjoy it while it lasts, the killjoys will stamp the fuck out of it before long and we can get back on the road to silently observing the game with no colour, vibrancy or atmosphere.

After all, who needs fun? It can kill people you know!
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2946 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »
The reason they are banned is not because the gas is dangerous it is because the smoke obscures the view of CCTV, police, stewards etc and so if there was an issue in the crowd they would not be able to see it.     

Better ban this then:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2947 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »

Probably a good job he doesnt live in Germany and follow Dortmund, Bayern or one of the other German clubs that the pundits have been congratulating for the way they create an atmosphere.
Great fellow supporter you are YNWA unless you suffer with inhaling smoke at a football ground,why didn't you just say to the lad "go and support someone else"
YNWA

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2948 on: May 13, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
Enjoy it while it lasts, the killjoys will stamp the fuck out of it before long and we can get back on the road to silently observing the game with no colour, vibrancy or atmosphere.

:lmao

Another complete over reaction. Enjoy it while it lasts, and if it does go, we can still sing songs, make banners, and paint the ends red- a lack of flares doesn't stop that.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2949 on: May 13, 2013, 10:14:04 pm »
Better ban this then:

who gets this out every game?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2950 on: May 13, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »
Was in P5 - caught a ball during the warm up and chucked it to some fella further down the row. Saw him getting led out by the police at HT - anyone know why? He try nicking the ball and get chucked out for that?

Edit: smoke bombs are boss.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:16:20 pm by bradders1011 »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #2951 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »
Was in P5 - caught a ball during the warm up and chucked it to some fella further down the row. Saw him getting led out by the police at HT - anyone know why? He try nicking the ball and get chucked out for that?

Yep, 'don't you know how much these cost?' was the line of questioning.

Throw away the key I say.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #2952 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:27 pm »

Yeah it's a shame Reading are going down. Very nicely run ground. The stewards enjoyed some of the Maggie celebrations and seemed to be very tolerant of the general jubilance. Shame we couldn't score a goal that day, but they handled it all very well.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: May 13, 2013, 10:24:55 pm »

Haha. I saw you catch the ball. It was a good catch too!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2954 on: May 13, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »
Yep, 'don't you know how much these cost?' was the line of questioning.

Throw away the key I say.

Jesus wept. The stewards also collared another bloke for opening a smoke bomb on my row, the least likely looking fella there, until the people around shouted up that it wasn't him and got rid of them. Looked to me like they were going for easy targets.

Also, years of amateur goalkeeping put to good use ;)
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: May 14, 2013, 12:58:50 am »

Another complete over reaction. Enjoy it while it lasts, and if it does go, we can still sing songs, make banners, and paint the ends red- a lack of flares doesn't stop that.

Tell that to the lads that had their flags confiscated. If you're happy with the sterilization of football then crack on, personally I'd rather it didn't end up like Anfield every week. I'm all for smoke bombs, flares not so much. That's an important distinction to make.

Almost everyone to a man that's been to an away in the last 4 months or so has talked about how great the Pyro is, our end is absolutely bouncing and the Pyro absolutely plays a big part in that. Smoke bombs aren't a fire hazard and the last I checked a bit of smoke in a well ventilated area never killed anyone. Either stick a scarf over your mouth or don't go. I've no sympathy for people complaining about their asthmatic kids, there's been Pyro for months if you're going to an away you should expect smoke, if you have an asthmatic child and you're taking them to an away you should be prepared for that.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Hugo_Boss

• Kemlynite
  • Scouse
« Reply #2956 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:53 am »
Am I really reading some of the shite on here makes me ashamed to see what our fans have turned into. For everyone who's against pyro go & fuck off. Ive stopped going the match for years now because the atmosphere is shite and there's too many gobshites who tell you to sit down, "oh I cant see sit down" if you want to sit down go the pictures. If your not happy because a bit of smoke spoils your HD video of Reina taking a goal kick your whats wrong with modern football kitted out in your full LFC official clobber. Them smoke bombs against Fulham have actually made me want to start going next season again. There's nothing ive wanted more for years than for us to have a Ultra mentality in our ends.

Some people just dont get it. Supporting your team is not about buying official merchandise. Its about standing on that terrace, loud, non-stop singing & smoke bombs are boss. Who's arsed if you cant see. Ive been to games abroad in the middle of Ultra Curva's and cant even remember what happened on the pitch because ive been too involved with the fans. Its better having pyro, local lads putting 2 fingers up to the FA, officials & fans who "support" this club but have no deep down root connection like I and these young lads have. We're scousers and have been brought up with the old Kop atmosphere, for far too long now our atmosphere has been shite. I stopped going not because I dont love this club, not because the price is too high but purely down to having to actually sit down to watch a match. There's no better feeling than coming home from the game, your legs hurting, your voice gone, your body aching knowin you've give everything to get behind the team and fuck you if youve got a problem with pyro.

Keep it up. And as for people grassing the lads up setting them off your lucky your not in Serbia or Poland you'd be getting knocked the fuck out all over the terrace ya gang of snitches go & support your local team, muppets.

AMF - No pyro, no party - Mentalita Ultras
Throughout ur life, birds will cum & go but only one bird remains with u throughout the whole of ur life: The Fucking Liverbird!!

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #2957 on: May 14, 2013, 01:15:39 am »
 :wellin

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2958 on: May 14, 2013, 05:49:25 am »
who gets this out every game?

Are you joking?

Or are you genuinely asking for a name?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: May 14, 2013, 06:42:41 am »
Tell that to the lads that had their flags confiscated. If you're happy with the sterilization of football then crack on, personally I'd rather it didn't end up like Anfield every week. I'm all for smoke bombs, flares not so much. That's an important distinction to make.

Almost everyone to a man that's been to an away in the last 4 months or so has talked about how great the Pyro is, our end is absolutely bouncing and the Pyro absolutely plays a big part in that. Smoke bombs aren't a fire hazard and the last I checked a bit of smoke in a well ventilated area never killed anyone. Either stick a scarf over your mouth or don't go. I've no sympathy for people complaining about their asthmatic kids, there's been Pyro for months if you're going to an away you should expect smoke, if you have an asthmatic child and you're taking them to an away you should be prepared for that.

Some important points there, smoke bombs (or grenades, I don't know what the boys are using!) are safe provided they are used out of enclosed spaces, which a football terrace is. Flares however can be a little more dangerous as they require an ignition,therefore if Anything fucked up with it then it could cause some fairly serious burns. However they do look boss!