Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1517509 times)

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2760 on: May 13, 2013, 12:10:49 am »
I think there boss too .... so are the RED ARROWS smoke .... but there not letting them off in peoples faces ... no ones questioning them  not being boss, its the safety element and when to let them off  that should be thought about    surely ??
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2761 on: May 13, 2013, 12:18:31 am »
If there's any health risk at all, particularly to children, they shouldn't be used.

I don't think they're that good anyway. Visually they can be alright, especially at night. However I've always thought the best thing about our atmosphere, home and away, is the vocal support. Our range of songs shows wit, tradition and a sense of community. Anyone can let off a flare.

Good to hear the Riise song get an airing by the way.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2762 on: May 13, 2013, 12:35:35 am »
Look at all them fatalities from the horrible smoke  http://youtu.be/Ye4EVt5uTNs
AMF

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2763 on: May 13, 2013, 12:38:16 am »
Better take a look at this mate....

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1647-fulham-liverpool-12052013.html

Some fucking dickhead blaming us for the loss of the terracing. Makes me angry that does.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2764 on: May 13, 2013, 12:44:02 am »
Look at all them fatalities from the horrible smoke  http://youtu.be/Ye4EVt5uTNs
:wellin
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline suzyv

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2765 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:20 am »
I Think they look great but I know if one was let off ner me my match would be over. I do suffer from some breathing problems so if I inhaled that smoke it would find it hard to breath. I know I only go to the home games but I am sure some of our away fans have asthma or copd. Before they let them of they should consider this as well as the issue of a fire statring.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2766 on: May 13, 2013, 12:54:51 am »
I was at the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final (Penarol v Santos) 2 years ago... now THAT was a lot of smoke! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-uFgheaLI

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2767 on: May 13, 2013, 01:06:19 am »
Some fucking dickhead blaming us for the loss of the terracing. Makes me angry that does.

Loved your retort mate. Well in!!

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2768 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:53 am »
the smoke bombs are boss, they definitely improve the atmosphere.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2769 on: May 13, 2013, 03:02:45 am »

Those pictures at the end are a tad overly dramatic. You'd see a thousand times worse after most gigs.

Has there ever been a documented case from a loss of life or injury due to smoke bombs in matches abroad?

Flares are a bit different, although when that's happened it's because they've been used as a weapon against opposition fans, rather than in the own supporters end.

Anyways, I like it. In an era where the FA and Premier League would love to turn every group of supporters into a group of generic, homogenized mush, all with their own plastic flags put out by the club, all singing their spiteful takes on sloop john b. ... That colour and atmosphere is fucking welcome.

I'm sad if a kid was hurt like. That's not nice. Keep my thoughts to myself about whether away games really should be the place for young children anyways.

But yeah... Bit of colour, bit of atmosphere? Great. It'll be stamped out sharpish obviously, but y'know...
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: May 13, 2013, 03:49:56 am »
The smoke bombs were "bang out of order" according to Tony Gale, he seemed to be getting really wound up by it all!

Best unintentional pun ever?
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #2771 on: May 13, 2013, 07:40:00 am »
Nicky Feltham ‏@NickyFeltham 12m

LFC fans with flares can you stop. My son who's 13 was at the game & had medical attention due to smoke inhalation - STOP Please??!!

Becci ‏@becc_one 11m

Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...

Probably a good job he doesnt live in Germany and follow Dortmund, Bayern or one of the other German clubs that the pundits have been congratulating for the way they create an atmosphere.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2772 on: May 13, 2013, 07:49:01 am »
That is utter garbage right there.

So who pays for the extra policing caused by idiots thinking they're the big man because they set off a smoke bomb? You think Fulham are going to pay it? Of course not. That cost will be put into the ticket price for next season.

It was a joke yesterday that any one of those idiots who carried flares and smoke bombs were allowed into the stadium. I blame the police for not stopping these idiots sooner. I do hope that extra police are out in force next season to stop it and ensure that there is a safer match going experience (yes even if that is to the detriment of 'atmosphere'). I hope the police do come down on it more next season and issue banning orders to anyone carrying one.

Tickets going up because of increased stewards? Are you mad?

And police. Nice cherry picking

didn't you know, some of those stewards are on £150k / week plus win bonuses

All adds up over a season. And who covers the cost? The fans

Plastic fans use flares? Liverpool fans best in the world? Have you seen what's been going on around the rest of Europe the last decade(s), not to mention places like South America? Liverpool fans (as well as the rest of the best of English fans) have still got a good reputation for being loud, but it's fading by the minute. I'd say that there are at least 10 stadiums around Europe with better atmosphere and passion than Anfield on a regular game. Probably more. And yes, most will use flares on a regular basis.

Yes. Plastic idiot fans who think its fun to take an explosive (I dont want to hear any stupid argument that sailing flares and paintball smoke grenades used are not explosives because they are).

I was ashamed seeing all that smoke yesterday. That is not our fantastic away support
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:51:42 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #2773 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:14 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkJ1PRoEpSQ&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=0m45s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RkJ1PRoEpSQ&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=0m45s</a>

Imagined if this happened at the match  ;D Go to like 45 seconds in

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #2774 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
As I've said in my sig

Smoke bombs are necessary

Stop overreacting
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2775 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:17 am »
smoke bombs are just an incident away to happen.  Cant stand them.  You want to create a (smoke) atmosphere, do it in your bedroom not in a place where there are kids and old people around. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: May 13, 2013, 08:34:51 am »
Good job some people on here don't live in Germany, Turkey or South America. You'd never attend a football match:

These guys create the best atmospheres in world football, by quite a way. Probably because they don't think letting off a bit of smoke is tantamount to hooliganism. I guess we'd rather a sterile, colourless, over-policed atmosphere in England.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2777 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:51 am »
Was right in amongst all that yesterday. Not setting them off but in amongst the group that was.  I love the smoke bombs etc but i do feel sorry for some that through no fault other than buying a ticket they find themselves amongst it with young children.  There was a family of 4 in front of me and the young lad must have been 10-11 max and when the first banger went off he was crying his eyes out. There was also older people leaving there seats after getting verbally abused beacause they dared to ask for lads to stop doing it.  Like i said i really enjoyed yesterday but i do think when your standing there thinking im gonna let a banger off at some point you must think to yourself oh theres a small kid there.
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2778 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:25 am »
So who pays for the extra policing caused by idiots thinking they're the big man because they set off a smoke bomb? You think Fulham are going to pay it? Of course not. That cost will be put into the ticket price for next season.

It was a joke yesterday that any one of those idiots who carried flares and smoke bombs were allowed into the stadium. I blame the police for not stopping these idiots sooner. I do hope that extra police are out in force next season to stop it and ensure that there is a safer match going experience (yes even if that is to the detriment of 'atmosphere'). I hope the police do come down on it more next season and issue banning orders to anyone carrying one.

And police. Nice cherry picking

All adds up over a season. And who covers the cost? The fans

Yes. Plastic idiot fans who think its fun to take an explosive (I dont want to hear any stupid argument that sailing flares and paintball smoke grenades used are not explosives because they are).

I was ashamed seeing all that smoke yesterday. That is not our fantastic away support

There's only one reason ticket prices go up and that's for greed. Not any other. If the FA are that arsed about smoke bombs they'd be fining the club every match wouldn't they?
AMF

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: May 13, 2013, 09:05:57 am »
I Think they look great but I know if one was let off ner me my match would be over. I do suffer from some breathing problems so if I inhaled that smoke it would find it hard to breath. I know I only go to the home games but I am sure some of our away fans have asthma or copd. Before they let them of they should consider this as well as the issue of a fire statring.

I have asthma and the smoke hasn't been a problem for me. Everyone's different though.

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
« Reply #2780 on: May 13, 2013, 09:10:02 am »
I've been in the same areas as these loads of times this season. I love it, it looks boss when everyones bouncing and singing in it!

I also suffer from quite bad asthma and its never ever been a problem for me either if you think it is just whip your scarf round your grid and join in with the atmosphere!

keep it up lads!
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2781 on: May 13, 2013, 09:15:42 am »
There's only one reason ticket prices go up and that's for greed. Not any other. If the FA are that arsed about smoke bombs they'd be fining the club every match wouldn't they?

So who pays the police? Who pays the stewards? Is it greed?

And how do you know that a club doesn't get fined for fans using flares inside the stadium? Failure to control fans is an FA offence.

I stand by what I said that I'm ashamed that this behaviour is associated with this club.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #2782 on: May 13, 2013, 09:18:24 am »
I think the smoke bombs are atmospherically awesome. Along with the added singing and such they make me proud to be a liverpool fan with such a europhic fanbase.

That being said, theres obviously risks associated with such things. I'd rather not have the away day of someone with a pyshical condition or a young child ruined by a smoke bomb. It's a win or lose situation I guess.

Genuine question, do they search people specificially for them before entering or are they just brought in bags and let out when the time is right?

My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2783 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21:33 am »
Think they look fantastic, but the kill joys who run the game will obviously not approve.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #2784 on: May 13, 2013, 09:27:07 am »
Who brings a small kid to an away anyways? People are allergic to peanuts. Ban peanuts. Kids get frightened when people use foul language. Ban emotions. Fucking hell. Have a happy meal.

Isn't there a family section?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:29:33 am by Caligula_10 »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: May 13, 2013, 09:28:53 am »
Genuine question, do they search people specificially for them before entering or are they just brought in bags and let out when the time is right?

They are quite small and can probably be hidden but the thing is that every club seems to have different policies on how much security and searching the stewards do at the turnstiles.

Chelsea was ridiculously tight. we were practically stripped searched, for example. Then there was no searching at Reading and yesterday either. Just walked straight in.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2786 on: May 13, 2013, 09:36:18 am »
Who brings a small kid to an away anyways? People are allergic to peanuts. Ban peanuts. Kids get frightened when people use foul language. Ban emotions. Fucking hell. Have a happy meal.

Isn't there a family section?

I'm not allergic to black mambas but I'd be pretty fucked off if I went to an away day and someone sat behind me started swinging a snake around his head and chucking a few of them about for atmosphere.

They do look boss, I've got no problem with that. But if some kid is struggling to breath, then surely that's a warning sign. Not a warning sign that we just need to completely stop using anything like that and all sit nice and quietly, but that if we are going to use smoke grenades and flares then we find a safer way of using them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: May 13, 2013, 09:36:19 am »

And how do you know that a club doesn't get fined for fans using flares inside the stadium? Failure to control fans is an FA offence.

I stand by what I said that I'm ashamed that this behaviour is associated with this club.
Do you not think the club would of mentioned that in it's 'reminder' had it been the case?

Offline blunderball

• Boys Pen
  • I wanna be a Care Bear like you.
« Reply #2788 on: May 13, 2013, 09:45:16 am »
Of course if people weren't tied to their seat in the away end, they could just simply move away. But alas.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: May 13, 2013, 09:54:11 am »
I can see both sides of the debate. It only takes one person to get hurt and the papers will be all over it, wanting us to play behind closed doors etc.

But I love them. Always admired the foreign clubs who really create and atmosphere, Italy, Turkey, south America, it looks fabulous and really adds to the atmosphere. It creates fantastic dramatic shots for the cameramen.

I suppose perhaps a dead rubber at Fulham away isn't the best use of them, might have to be saved for more important matches. But then, every match is important really.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #2790 on: May 13, 2013, 09:55:36 am »
At the end of the day away ends are not supposed to be some tranquil soccer AM haven.  I have some sympathy with the kid from yesterday, of course - but as Caligula says above - why are small children going to away games at all?  Ultimately our away ends should be absolutely fucking nuts, and that's down to the lads and lasses who stand in them, if it isn't your cup of tea, don't go, there are plenty of serene games at Anfield you can take your iPad to.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2791 on: May 13, 2013, 10:00:40 am »
what does a couple of lads lighting smoke bombs have to do with fighting justice for the 96? fuck out of here.   

Do you know who you are telling to "fuck out of here"?  YOu would be seriously ashamed of yourself if you did
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #2792 on: May 13, 2013, 10:04:23 am »
I'm not allergic to black mambas but I'd be pretty fucked off if I went to an away day and someone sat behind me started swinging a snake around his head and chucking a few of them about for atmosphere.
Hahaha :)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:12 am »
At the end of the day away ends are not supposed to be some tranquil soccer AM haven.  I have some sympathy with the kid from yesterday, of course - but as Caligula says above - why are small children going to away games at all?  Ultimately our away ends should be absolutely fucking nuts, and that's down to the lads and lasses who stand in them, if it isn't your cup of tea, don't go, there are plenty of serene games at Anfield you can take your iPad to.

The problem here is that Fulham sell "neutrual" tickets that are located in the away end. You end up with loads of people in there who don't normally travel to away games and so many with kids.

Yesterday was probably a bit of a shock for them.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2794 on: May 13, 2013, 10:15:05 am »

The new TV deal the clubs are signing would allow them to reduce the ticket prices by £20 and the clubs not lose a penny, it doesn't take an extra £20 for every person in the ground to pay for a couple more stewards on minimum wage.

If we were being fined by the FA I'm sure there would be a snippet of an article covering the fines, but there's been absolutely none saying that we've been fined, rather than making assumptions lets use facts ok?

Well if you're ashamed by the behavior of some lads trying to make the atmosphere better at away games, don't go. simple as.
AMF

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: May 13, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
Of course if people weren't tied to their seat in the away end, they could just simply move away. But alas.

But move away to where ? most stewards stop anyone standing in the ailes so you are relying on finding a spare seat which you may get kicked out of.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:31 am »
The problem here is that Fulham sell "neutrual" tickets that are located in the away end. You end up with loads of people in there who don't normally travel to away games and so many with kids.

Yesterday was probably a bit of a shock for them.

Nothing to do with it, all the smoke bombs were in the lfc section not the neutral bit.

I'm sure everyone in the neutal bit though it was great, if you're not in the middle of the smoke and bangers it looks fanatstic.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2797 on: May 13, 2013, 10:30:06 am »
I can see both sides of the debate. It only takes one person to get hurt and the papers will be all over it, wanting us to play behind closed doors etc.

But I love them. Always admired the foreign clubs who really create and atmosphere, Italy, Turkey, south America, it looks fabulous and really adds to the atmosphere. It creates fantastic dramatic shots for the cameramen.

I suppose perhaps a dead rubber at Fulham away isn't the best use of them, might have to be saved for more important matches. But then, every match is important really.

Sam mate when we only had the kop we didn't need smoke bombs to create an atmosphere
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2798 on: May 13, 2013, 10:36:22 am »
Smoke bombs are awesome, Fucking stiff pricks in the FA and media are not.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:49 am »
How cringey was the half-time Friends Of Fulham song dedicated to Mohammed Al Fayed? Even had his name in the chorus.