Author Topic: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!  (Read 249702 times)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
Re: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!
« Reply #3840 on: July 25, 2017, 09:13:50 pm »
Chelsea v Spurs final.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3841 on: July 25, 2017, 09:26:29 pm »
Chelsea v Spurs final.

Collusion.

Edit: Congrats mate  :thumbup
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:29:27 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3842 on: July 26, 2017, 03:03:25 pm »
Alex is taking over from me so there'll be still plenty of scope for trading in that sense. Might take him a month or two to hash out a deal but he'll get there!!  ;D you know it's true Alex. At least you dabble

Haha. Pretty accurate. I'm always up for a deal though, even if I might be difficult to deal with sometimes. I'm looking forward to taking over from you. I have no idea who you got in your squad, but judging from your Barca/Flamengo teams it should be exciting :)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: July 26, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »
Haha. Pretty accurate. I'm always up for a deal though, even if I might be difficult to deal with sometimes. I'm looking forward to taking over from you. I have no idea who you got in your squad, but judging from your Barca/Flamengo teams it should be exciting :)
They're not bad. Took them on in div 4 with a view to only playing a young team and that philosophy is still in place and i'd expect you to continue that mantra!! Eldest player is 24.

Rico

Tolisso        Lindelof         Umtiti           Guerreiro
(Semedo)       (Sule)          (Rugani)       (DeSciglio)

Goretzka         Kovacic        Lemar
        (A.Gomes)     (Bakayoko)     (Can)

Morata            Icardi         Ousmane Dembele
         (Meyer)          (Alcacer)       (Berardi)

Bunch of other good youngsters. Still making deals even after i agreed to let you have them, and will possibly continue too! Bernadeschi had concerns so he was moved on for Guerreiro (needed a left back and Bernardeschi's concerns were rising). Carrasco had shite stats so moved him on for Kingsley Coman and Dolberg. And that donkey Umtiti ;D will be getting moved on for Rabiot and Tah

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3845 on: July 26, 2017, 06:18:59 pm »
Obama aside that's a great team you're leaving there, incredible young talent throughtout. I've gotta ask though.....where did you keep finding all that cash??! It's only recently after selling a load of risers that Santos' balance is starting to look better, and even then it's sell to buy.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3846 on: July 26, 2017, 07:22:26 pm »
:D was happy enough with the Guerreiro deal even if i over reached. Needed a left back and knew i was losing a lb option with Umtiti going out, and with the young player philosophy, the pickings are slim. So happy enough. I suspect i coulda squeezed more outta you for Carrasco!
Obama aside that's a great team you're leaving there, incredible young talent throughtout.
Could be better. I swapped Mbappe and Bailly out for Andre Gomes when in div 3.... ::) :D
I've gotta ask though.....where did you keep finding all that cash??! It's only recently after selling a load of risers that Santos' balance is starting to look better, and even then it's sell to buy.
Yeah we both started out in div 4 didn't we. Just buying low ratings and selling when they rise i suppose. Higher attendance maybe? and it would help i won div 2 and 3 pot wise. We were broke during last season and now we're back up to over 100 mil!! ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:24:17 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3847 on: July 26, 2017, 07:38:54 pm »
Obama aside that's a great team you're leaving there, incredible young talent throughtout. I've gotta ask though.....where did you keep finding all that cash??! It's only recently after selling a load of risers that Santos' balance is starting to look better, and even then it's sell to buy.

I'm pretty sure the traditional big sides just generate more cash. At least that tallies up with Santos and West Ham being out of pocket most of the time.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3848 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:18 pm »
They're not bad. Took them on in div 4 with a view to only playing a young team and that philosophy is still in place and i'd expect you to continue that mantra!! Eldest player is 24.

Bunch of other good youngsters. Still making deals even after i agreed to let you have them, and will possibly continue too! Bernadeschi had concerns so he was moved on for Guerreiro (needed a left back and Bernardeschi's concerns were rising). Carrasco had shite stats so moved him on for Kingsley Coman and Dolberg. And that donkey Umtiti ;D will be getting moved on for Rabiot and Tah

That looks like a cracking team! Possibly even better than the Bayern squad I inherited, at least on potential. Deal away. Some of those trades you've made are alright ;)

And I'll definitely will be continuing your philosophy of building through youth. I think that squad kind of tells you how to manage it. Will be a small challenge getting adjusted to the concerns and tighter finances in this world though.

I swapped Mbappe and Bailly out for Andre Gomes when in div 3.... ::)

Ouch! That is even more painful than my Mbappe trade. Guess having Ousmane makes up for it though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:44:39 pm by Midget »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3849 on: July 26, 2017, 07:50:49 pm »
I swapped Mbappe and Bailly out for Andre Gomes when in div 3.... ::) :D

Holy moly that's bad ;D But yeah I let Mbappe go too easily in your world around the same time. One of those where you know he's a cracking talent but didn't think he'd have a decent rating for a few years yet.

Yeah I rate Carrasco extremely highly. Liam knows, thrown in loads of bids for him with PSV but never landed him. Probably should've kept Guerreiro but I wanted to make my attack sexier and having Hector at LB means it's not a massive loss. Good deal for both teams I reckon, how good will depend on how Berna settles at Juve & whether Milik can regain his pre-injury form.

100m! Don't think Santos have ever been above 30m ;D Great challenge in its own way though, having to sign the likes of Mark Noble to make up the numbers. Makes you target players you wouldn't even think of signing in other worlds.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: July 26, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »
Ouch! That is even more painful than my Mbappe trade. Guess having Ousmane makes up for it though.
Holy moly that's bad ;D
;D Having Gomes helped me win div 2 and 3 though. There were a few players in those leagues too so Gomes was needed. Mbappe wouldn't have won me shite. No regrets!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:53:53 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3851 on: July 26, 2017, 07:54:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure the traditional big sides just generate more cash. At least that tallies up with Santos and West Ham being out of pocket most of the time.

Makes sense, might get more cash from merchandise and whatnot. Stadium size definitely plays a massive role as well, Santos' record attendance is only 38k. West Ham at 60k isn't huge either.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: July 26, 2017, 08:01:19 pm »
Makes sense, might get more cash from merchandise and whatnot. Stadium size definitely plays a massive role as well, Santos' record attendance is only 38k. West Ham at 60k isn't huge either.
Atletico's is 68,000 but their record is 59,000. 20000 diff between the two is a lot of cheddar. Santos has actually grown over 20 grand in attendance. It's originally 16000. Should grow more over time

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: July 29, 2017, 02:58:08 pm »
Thought that was a good offer for Dybala personally.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3854 on: July 29, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »

Not quite Dybala level but I've got some interesting kids up for grabs at Santos, let me know if you're interested in any of them. Gone on an absolute trading frenzy recently :D

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3855 on: July 29, 2017, 04:04:51 pm »
Not quite Dybala level but I've got some interesting kids up for grabs at Santos, let me know if you're interested in any of them. Gone on an absolute trading frenzy recently :D

Me too.

Lets do a deal .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: July 29, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »
Bentaleb. Dogshite. Wasn't good enough for Atletico. Standards

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: July 29, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »
Offerered Icardi and Morata a couple months back. Thankfully he knocked that back too

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3858 on: August 19, 2017, 10:56:45 am »
Will be continuing LM's project at Atletico from now on. Made a shortlist last night of some players I'm interested in so feel free to hit me up with trade offers.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3859 on: August 19, 2017, 11:16:57 am »
Will be continuing LM's project at Atletico from now on. Made a shortlist last night of some players I'm interested in so feel free to hit me up with trade offers.

Welcome mate, you've inherited a cracking squad and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

We would've have had some fun if I was still at Santos. Give me a couple months to get this AEK project up and running and I'll be knocking on your door with offers :D Pleasantly surprised by some of the young talent I've been able to pick up already.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3860 on: August 27, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »
Not like anyone pays much attention to this world any more, but I've only just realised West Ham secured the title as of last weekend! From what I remember we led the table since very early into the season, with Gala and Real pushing us all the way.

Messi has been the absolute star of the show with his best season ever in this gameworld. So far his stats look like this -

That man of the match column is especially insane. He's also not missed a game this season. Perhaps in part because I've been very careful to sub him off when in the lead or maybe I just got lucky. Anyway, Messi is God. Come at me with some offers if you dare. On that note, everyone is up for grabs at WH in the off season. Let's talk deals.

Final special mention to Xabi, who must be playing out one of his last season's in any gameworld after retiring as this one just started. He'll definitely be missed.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: August 27, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »
Well done :D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3862 on: August 27, 2017, 09:51:04 pm »
Oops! Easy to forget about you Division 1 fat cats when you're back down in Div. 4 :D Congrats, you've done really well to build up that squad through clever trades. Looking forward to seeing what you do to your squad now, I've got this young lad Diakhaby you might be interested in ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: August 30, 2017, 08:44:00 pm »
Not like anyone pays much attention to this world any more, but I've only just realised West Ham secured the title as of last weekend! From what I remember we led the table since very early into the season, with Gala and Real pushing us all the way.

Messi has been the absolute star of the show with his best season ever in this gameworld. So far his stats look like this -

That man of the match column is especially insane. He's also not missed a game this season. Perhaps in part because I've been very careful to sub him off when in the lead or maybe I just got lucky. Anyway, Messi is God. Come at me with some offers if you dare. On that note, everyone is up for grabs at WH in the off season. Let's talk deals.

Final special mention to Xabi, who must be playing out one of his last season's in any gameworld after retiring as this one just started. He'll definitely be missed.

Congrats.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3864 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:15 pm »
From division 4 to the top 4! What a journey, now for that next step!

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #3865 on: September 7, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »
A great season for the Chelsea boys!

:champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3866 on: September 7, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
A great season for the Chelsea boys!

:champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

Congrats, Arsene!

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #3867 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:52 pm »
The move to Wembley dosent look like it's going to help my Spurs team either.

35'000 watched a 0-0 draw against Kiev.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3868 on: September 29, 2017, 10:59:35 am »
I've made Andre Gomes, Paco Alcacer, Domenico Berardi, Giovanni Simeone, Rui Pedro and Jordi Mboula available for trades. Send me a PM if interested.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3869 on: October 9, 2017, 01:22:15 am »
Good result that.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3870 on: October 16, 2017, 05:01:35 pm »

Bellend :lmao :lmao :lmao

Wanted to turn it into an experiment and see how far you'd take it but I'm all out of players to bid on.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3871 on: October 16, 2017, 05:17:06 pm »

Bellend :lmao :lmao :lmao

Wanted to turn it into an experiment and see how far you'd take it but I'm all out of players to bid on.

You bid on some interesting players there :D

Want to bid minimum price on all of them and we'll let the SM Gods decide what happens?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3872 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:25 pm »
Nah I'll find other players to buy. Only bid on Arthur to see if you'd follow suit :D

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3873 on: October 16, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »
Nah I'll find other players to buy. Only bid on Arthur to see if you'd follow suit :D

There's some external players I bid on no matter what, some I bid on if another team bids and some I'm just tracking for now. All of the players you bid on happened to fall into that second category :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3874 on: October 16, 2017, 05:26:54 pm »

I used this tactic when I first joined LM's world and Alex was at Juve. I'd already noticed him bidding almost straight after I bid on anyone. So I bid on about 8 of our shared shortlist as a distraction, let him swoop in and then plucked the ones I wanted afterwards  ;D

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3875 on: October 16, 2017, 05:45:42 pm »
I used this tactic when I first joined LM's world and Alex was at Juve. I'd already noticed him bidding almost straight after I bid on anyone. So I bid on about 8 of our shared shortlist as a distraction, let him swoop in and then plucked the ones I wanted afterwards  ;D

Still works!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3876 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:06 pm »

Genius ;D

There's some external players I bid on no matter what, some I bid on if another team bids and some I'm just tracking for now. All of the players you bid on happened to fall into that second category :D

Wouldn't it be less risky to sign them before someone else bids?! I'm mostly going to avoid bidding wars until I've built up some financial muscle, unless it's a player I really want. But a bigger team with bags of cash could easily have swooped in!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: October 16, 2017, 06:12:50 pm »
I see standards at Atletico have hit rock bottom since i left

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3878 on: October 16, 2017, 06:50:13 pm »
Wouldn't it be less risky to sign them before someone else bids?! I'm mostly going to avoid bidding wars until I've built up some financial muscle, unless it's a player I really want. But a bigger team with bags of cash could easily have swooped in!

Those players are usually ones I'm not too fussed about if I miss out on, but am tempted to take a punt on if somebody else bids. The ones I really want I try to bid on before others do.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3879 on: October 16, 2017, 06:54:25 pm »
Those players are usually ones I'm not too fussed about if I miss out on, but am tempted to take a punt on if somebody else bids. The ones I really want I try to bid on before others do.

That right there is what's wrong with the shortlist system.