Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429364 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #1240 on: August 21, 2020, 01:04:30 pm »
Japanese tv

Japanese tv is absolutely mental  ;D

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: August 21, 2020, 02:26:18 pm »
Has said in an interview he was happy to be able to win the league but wanted to contribute with a goal or assist

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: August 21, 2020, 02:52:05 pm »
He's a handsome guy. We replaced Emre Can with Allison Becker in that regard, but the addition of Minamino takes us up a level.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2020, 01:56:42 am »
He should be more relaxed in Austria than England for sure, as he spent 5 years over there already.

Who do we want him to get in the ear of when he plays his old side, just Daka?

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2020, 06:33:45 pm »
Is it OK to say I don't think he's good enough for us? Doesn't mean he's not a good player mind.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1245 on: August 22, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
Thought he played well today.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2020, 06:51:40 pm »
Thought he was very good in that half there.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1247 on: August 22, 2020, 06:53:39 pm »
Is it OK to say I don't think he's good enough for us? Doesn't mean he's not a good player mind.

Might be appropriate to explain the reasons by which you have come to that conclusion.

Would imagine that a fair few other posters have watched Minamino and are optimistic that his movement without the ball, combo play and sharp first-touch herald a very good prospect, while others might be inclined to give him more time since he's only just finishing his first pre-season, which will have been a briefer than normal one.

Thinking a player isn't good enough for us while still acknowledging the possibility that he is a good player is fair; Jurgen is very demanding about certain areas.

Think Minamino does move intelligently and quickly, and has a very fast speed of play, all of which are vital to play for Jurgen.

Power is also important, and I think it's fair to criticize Minamino in this area. Even some of our "smaller" players, like Sadio or Gini, are very, very powerful with and without the ball.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1248 on: August 22, 2020, 07:00:23 pm »
Might be appropriate to explain the reasons by which you have come to that conclusion.

Would imagine that a fair few other posters have watched Minamino and are optimistic that his movement without the ball, combo play and sharp first-touch herald a very good prospect, while others might be inclined to give him more time since he's only just finishing his first pre-season, which will have been a briefer than normal one.

Thinking a player isn't good enough for us while still acknowledging the possibility that he is a good player is fair; Jurgen is very demanding about certain areas.

Think Minamino does move intelligently and quickly, and has a very fast speed of play, all of which are vital to play for Jurgen.

Power is also important, and I think it's fair to criticize Minamino in this area. Even some of our "smaller" players, like Sadio or Gini, are very, very powerful with and without the ball.
Personally I think he hasn't looked good for Liverpool so far because he has been deployed across the front three. To me he looks more like a player who plays at the top of a diamond.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: August 22, 2020, 07:10:44 pm »
Sure it’s ok.
Just can’t see how you can call it now. He barely played and is very much still figuring stuff up and finding his way. Time to reflect is end of next season, it’ll be much clearer what his role and level are.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1250 on: August 22, 2020, 07:19:22 pm »

Is it OK to say I knew this post would be negative before I opened the thread? Doesn't mean you're not a good poster mind.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1251 on: August 22, 2020, 07:22:38 pm »
He's been here what 7-8 months half of which was disrupted with the lockdown, impossible to even come to that conclusion  ???

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1252 on: August 22, 2020, 07:29:59 pm »
He's been here what 7-8 months half of which was disrupted with the lockdown, impossible to even come to that conclusion  ???

Been watching football long enough to think he may not be good enough for us. Happy if I end up being wrong

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1253 on: August 22, 2020, 07:30:50 pm »
Why do you think he’s not good enough, Given he’s hardly played and when he has it’s usually been a sub? He’s not really had a chance to show what he can bring to the side yet.

Got plenty of potential so why the need to write him off for us
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:37:46 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: August 22, 2020, 07:35:09 pm »
Been watching football long enough to think he may not be good enough for us. Happy if I end up being wrong

Well there are a good number of our 1st team plus the manager that have seen more than you & think differently.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: August 22, 2020, 08:12:57 pm »
Robertson, fabhino took well into their respective debut seasons to look anything like a top class player, keita is now looking more like the player we saw at rb after so many injuries in his time here. Minamino just needs time. Apart from one or two out of the majority of klopps signings they come good in the end so based on that we should be patient like klopp is.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1256 on: August 22, 2020, 08:16:54 pm »
Why do you think he’s not good enough, Given he’s hardly played and when he has it’s usually been a sub? He’s not really had a chance to show what he can bring to the side yet.

Got plenty of potential so why the need to write him off for us

I'm not writing him off but I just don't think he looks particularly great.

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1257 on: August 22, 2020, 08:17:31 pm »
Well there are a good number of our 1st team plus the manager that have seen more than you & think differently.

Given that he has barely featured for us how can you be so sure

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1258 on: August 22, 2020, 08:20:14 pm »
But also happy to trash him now before he's even had a chance to prove himself over a season. You're a very happy person. You must live in Happy Valley and listen to Happy Mondays while reading Mr Happy.

Sad!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1259 on: August 22, 2020, 08:22:46 pm »
Personally I think he hasn't looked good for Liverpool so far because he has been deployed across the front three. To me he looks more like a player who plays at the top of a diamond.

Key will be finding his role in the side. In the past creative players like Litmanen and Smicer never really fitted into Houllier's team.

It's difficult to play wide in the team because of how good Mane and Salah are and the roles they play. Ditto Firmino.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: August 22, 2020, 08:25:18 pm »

I've seen top managers being wrong about players, let alone someone like you or me, or any other fucker.

The question shouldn't be if he's good enough for us but if he's the right player for us. In order to understand that, he needs more time on the pitch and way way more time on the training ground.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1261 on: August 22, 2020, 08:25:40 pm »
I think he's tougher than some people give him credit for. At one point today he had 3 Stuttgart players hacking at him and still managed to burst away from them, even with a final lunge to try and stop him. He may not have Mane's bullish physique or Salah's low centre of gravity, but he's wiry and tenacious.

All he needs is time and support and I'm sure he'll get it from the management and the players. What he needs from us fans is patience.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: August 22, 2020, 08:39:11 pm »

Neither did Fab or Robbo

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: August 22, 2020, 08:39:52 pm »
But also happy to trash him now before he's even had a chance to prove himself over a season. You're a very happy person. You must live in Happy Valley and listen to Happy Mondays while reading Mr Happy.

Sad!

And after playing on that pitch in the pissing rain.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1264 on: August 22, 2020, 08:42:48 pm »
I'm not writing him off but I just don't think he looks particularly great.
You said he doesn’t look good enough for us, how is that not writing him off?

You still haven’t said exactly why he’s not good enough
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: August 22, 2020, 08:49:22 pm »
He’s either the next Mane or Salah or he’s not good enough at all for us. I think when we look at those two players and then Taki we might feel a bit underwhelmed. We got to work with our expectations a bit.

I think there’s a very good player in him. Good enough for Liverpool? We shall see. But he’s not the type of player that’s gonna come in a score two on his first match. He’ll grow slowly into this team.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:07:28 am by plura »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1266 on: August 22, 2020, 08:54:08 pm »

Not ok if you don’t explain why you think so.

And what on earth did you see today to come to that conclusion anyway.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: August 22, 2020, 08:57:43 pm »
He plays on the half-turn so well, is such a good dribbler, has fast acceleration, energy and intensity, that I'd just like him to be played in a deeper position. Maybe when we're chasing the game.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1268 on: August 22, 2020, 09:10:33 pm »
I think he's tougher than some people give him credit for. At one point today he had 3 Stuttgart players hacking at him and still managed to burst away from them, even with a final lunge to try and stop him. He may not have Mane's bullish physique or Salah's low centre of gravity, but he's wiry and tenacious.

All he needs is time and support and I'm sure he'll get it from the management and the players. What he needs from us fans is patience.

From the first game he played for us, he showed he was up for a battle. I think his tenacity and fight is one of his greatest assets. That and his footballing brain and skill.

People condemning him probably said the same about Bobby when he first joined us.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1269 on: August 22, 2020, 10:07:39 pm »

Featured enough for you to make a clear stance though  ;)

Think of the journey he’s been on since January.

Coming to the premier league from the Austrian league - already a massive jump.
Arriving mid-season - notoriously difficult step to take into a Jürgen Klopp team for any player not named Virgil Van Dijk, more-so considering the big jump in level from the league he came from.
Suddenly shut down because of a pandemic, alone in a new country.
Then after a long breatk, thrown back into the action ‘cold’.

He’s done remarkably to be honest.

Nope, he likely won’t be a world class star, did anyone expect him to be? I doubt he was bought with the thought he’d become one of the leading lights of this team.

He actually looks very much a ‘Klopp’ player with his work ethic, his adaptability, his intelligence, his skills. 

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1270 on: August 22, 2020, 10:31:18 pm »

He's sure because after playing against him a number of our players rushed to recommend him to Klopp, who stood with a knowing smile because he had already signed him. When does that ever happen?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: August 22, 2020, 10:44:04 pm »
You - we still have lots of "supporters" that want to get rid of Henderson.

So it's no surprise at all that in this day and age a player is given zero time whatsoever to prove himself.....in their eyes.

You just need to look at the Keita thread where posters regularly say - "oh he's finally showing why we bought him".

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #1272 on: August 22, 2020, 10:56:00 pm »
Played well today. Big season ahead of him.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: August 22, 2020, 10:58:23 pm »

Of course it is. Other folk can say they think he is in response. Eventually time will pass and you’ll all wonder why you bothered.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: August 22, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »
Agree with the shouts that he looks good but maybe not as a front three player. He'd be a great Lallana replacement except we already have Keita, AoC and Jones. It's been suggested before but a switch of formation might be a good way to deal with rotating Salah and Mane now that we're quite heavy on attacking midfield types.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: August 22, 2020, 11:57:25 pm »
He plays on the half-turn so well, is such a good dribbler, has fast acceleration, energy and intensity, that I'd just like him to be played in a deeper position. Maybe when we're chasing the game.
He seems like a quicker but less magical version of Firmino. Could suit the role as Bobby's backup (dropping back) probably better than at Sadio or Mo's positions. I like him. My gut tells me he'll settle in well as the season progresses.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1276 on: August 23, 2020, 12:08:45 am »
He's no Harry Maguire, that's for sure.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2020, 01:04:37 am »
He's no Harry Maguire, that's for sure.

Not caught between Scylla and Charybdis?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2020, 01:32:53 am »
Not caught between Scylla and Charybdis?
Knew someone would make that gag, chuck, and surprise, surprise, there it is
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2020, 02:02:34 am »
He's clearly a gifted player, as said above my only concern is finding a role in the side for him, he's not a 9 or a natural WF or W, he'd thrive behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, but it's more or less always a 4-3-3 isn't it?