Author Topic: Heart disease, heart attacks, cholesterol problems & the lot  (Read 18637 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Heart disease, heart attacks, cholesterol problems & the lot
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »
Put enough hilly miles in on the bike and you don't need Yoga   :)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2019, 12:07:06 pm »
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:26:29 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2019, 02:22:16 pm »
:) I'm not a bike or yoga guy. I've been walking at a fast pace every day for 2-3 miles. I'm certainly past the worst of it but they still have ordered me to not pick up anything heavy for 3 months. Gotta be patient. Once that's over I'll start lifting weights which I really enjoy.

17 days since surgery. My heart feels fantastic & back to normal. No rhythm problems, no fatigue issues caused by regurgitation. Super.

I had a right thoracotomy. The right side of my chest is still very sore. I was finally able to sleep straight through the night for the first time. The pain meds help. Now that the bruising is gone, I've figured out what my scars represent. The main incision where they inserted the repair tools is about 4 inches long (10 cm), It curves from just under my right nipple & goes up around the natural curve of my pectoral muscle. Then I've got three "bullet holes" on my side just below my right armpit. They were for the aortic clamp, a camera, and an ablasion tool. Then I've got another small hole in the middle of my right pectoral muscle where they inserted the retractor for my atrium. Then two holes just below my right ribcage that were due to the lovely tubes that drained my chest cavity for 3 days.

Thanks again for the support. :thumbup

Pretty sure the real story contains at least 5 guys, a shotgun and a machete. ;D

Glad you're on the mend. :wave

I do agree with Kesey's advice :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2019, 11:58:59 pm »
Thanks again for the support. :thumbup
What else did you expect from your 'RedMen/Women'.... windups, piss-take... etc....   :scarf
Take your time mate & get back to full strength ...  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21:51 am »
Put enough hilly miles in on the bike and you don't need Yoga   :)

You do as your body needs stretching afterwards .   ;) 

Yoga is not just stretching the body though. There's Eight limbs ( or practices of Yoga ) and each one needs to be practised accordly .

Correct

Diet
Thought
Speach
Chanting
Meditation
Asana ( stretching )

Ah . Fuck it. I'll cut and paste some of Patanjal's stuff .

https://8limbsyoga.com/about-yoga/
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2019, 10:30:28 pm »
My girlfriend's mother died of a totally unexpected heart attack this morning. They're both a bit far away from me, since its Holy Week here and people travel to where their families are (i'm from the Capital).

I've let her know I'm so sorry and that I'm here for her; that im available for her 24/7 through phone and that if she wants me to, I'll take the first plane over there... She has a big family and she's dealing with everything... we've hardly talked today, except for a couple of minutes through a phone of a friend of hers that's from her hometown.

I actually have no idea what to do: i don't actually have the money to grab a plane on short notice (I'm a broke student; i'd have to ask someone for money), I want to talk to her but i know I have to wait for her to be ready call me back or look at my messages, and I also know there's nothing i could say to make it better. I don't even feel like doing anything (like meet with friends here or doing anything... i feel impotence and also feel even drinking a beer over here would kinda be disrespecting the hard time she's having right now).

jjMaybe a bit off-topic aside from the cause of death, but i just wanted to put that out there, sorry

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2019, 07:50:35 am »
My girlfriend's mother died of a totally unexpected heart attack this morning. They're both a bit far away from me, since its Holy Week here and people travel to where their families are (i'm from the Capital).

I've let her know I'm so sorry and that I'm here for her; that im available for her 24/7 through phone and that if she wants me to, I'll take the first plane over there... She has a big family and she's dealing with everything... we've hardly talked today, except for a couple of minutes through a phone of a friend of hers that's from her hometown.

I actually have no idea what to do: i don't actually have the money to grab a plane on short notice (I'm a broke student; i'd have to ask someone for money), I want to talk to her but i know I have to wait for her to be ready call me back or look at my messages, and I also know there's nothing i could say to make it better. I don't even feel like doing anything (like meet with friends here or doing anything... i feel impotence and also feel even drinking a beer over here would kinda be disrespecting the hard time she's having right now).

jjMaybe a bit off-topic aside from the cause of death, but i just wanted to put that out there, sorry

Sorry to hear the news, condolences to you all.

Sudden death is so hard. I lost my Mum in 2007 after a short illness and my father in law died this week, this time after a long illness and while it is still tough, it is easier when you expect it. The wifes stepdad collapsed and died 3 years ago, it was totally unexpected and the shock was something else.

If you can get to her then do it, she'll be glad of the support. All you can do is be there for her and assist in any way possible, but also let her have whatever space she needs. She will be all over the place at the minute, so you will need to be very understanding.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2019, 02:46:23 pm »

Tough that pal and obviously thoughts are with your girlfriend and you. I lost my own mum suddenly to a stroke about 8 weeks ago and its the worst time of your life IMO, but.... if you have a good circle of friends and family to support you then thats a big help. I've got a really tight group of mates and they have been outstanding, but another massive help was people on here. Although I've never met them they offered words of support which meant a whole lot at a rough time.

Anyway, on topic, I was always terrified of heart disease, cholestral etc, because I'm a big lad (6ft tall and 20 stone) and because of the shit I eat and drink. But in December I kind of broke down to a really good doctor, told him I was frightened, health anxiety etc. He had me in the surgery for 40 minutes and we went through every aspect of my health. To my utter astonishment my heart, my blood, my cholesterol are absolutely fine, he actually said I have the cholesterol of an athlete!

Anyway, despite my good news I treated it as a wake up call, cutting out the rubbish, going on runs again. Unfortunately since my mum passed away I have gone back to eating crap, but thats only a temporary issue.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2019, 11:07:16 pm »
Lost Paul's Mum today due to heart failure. 

Not sure of the exact issue she's had for the last few years other than the left side of her heart didn't work properly.

RIP Pat [emoji174]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2019, 06:56:27 am »

Not sure of the exact issue she's had for the last few years other than the left side of her heart didn't work properly.

RIP Pat [emoji174]

Ah shit, so sorry to hear that.

RIP
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2019, 06:37:02 pm »

RIP Pat [emoji174]

I'm so sorry to hear that, debs.  :'(

Condolences to all who knew and loved Pat.

RIP.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »
Thank you both.