Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 587279 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #400 on: July 6, 2020, 12:13:55 am »
Absolutely made up for him scoring that goal. Looked great when he came on and was a massive part of getting the ball up the field before he scored

I absolutely loved Henderson's reaction to it going in as well, clearly loves the lad and knows how much it means

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: July 6, 2020, 07:02:11 am »
Going to the very top this lad, I remember him getting game time in the 2018 pre season and every time he's played since then he's never looked like the occasion is too big for him or nor has he shown a lack of confidence.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: July 6, 2020, 07:11:49 am »
Great goal and very pleased.

He has caught my eye a few times (just look through the thread). Page 3 especially prophetic .

I think he''s going to be a top player in time...

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: July 6, 2020, 07:25:14 am »
Imagine having two world-class local lads in the team pulling their weight during a glorious time under Jurgen.

I think the manager, more than anyone, will be ecstatic if he helps both local lads achieve their massive potential.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #404 on: July 6, 2020, 08:26:22 am »
He has a bit of swagger about him. He looks too confident in his abilities!
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: July 6, 2020, 08:27:07 am »
Imagine having two world-class local lads in the team pulling their weight during a glorious time under Jurgen.

I think the manager, more than anyone, will be ecstatic if he helps both local lads achieve their massive potential.

Klopp has rated him for a while  explains why he didn't go on loan

Midfield is crowded though I wonder where/when he'll play. He just needs to take his chance when it comes along and I think he's doing that...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #406 on: July 6, 2020, 08:30:33 am »
He looks promising but can he do it on a cold wet windy night at Stoke?

Or an even colder, wetter and windier night at Burnley?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: July 6, 2020, 09:01:37 am »
This lad is such a brilliant player

Great to see him get his first league goal. Telling he doesn't look like a youth team/reserve team player in our midfield

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #408 on: July 6, 2020, 09:21:35 am »
local goalscoring midfielder who is really confident and great at getting into goalscoring positions with well timed runs. I have seen this somewhere before. Can`t think where
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #409 on: July 6, 2020, 10:19:09 am »
Did not notice how tall he was until saw him standing beside the small dwarf Salah.
Saw that on MOTD which was quite funny.

He is 1.85m which was about the same as  Steven Gerrard.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: July 6, 2020, 11:19:39 am »
He is in Klopp's plans  8)

'We will have a lot of fun with him' - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp eager to work with midfielder

Jurgen Klopp is looking forward to having "a lot of fun" with Liverpool youngster Curtis Jones.

Jones marked his first Premier League outing at Anfield with a debut top-flight goal to seal a 2-0 win over Aston Villa on Sunday.

It came less than 24 hours after the 19-year-old midfielder had put pen to paper on an improved contract that extends his Liverpool commitment to 2025.

Jones had only been on the field four minutes when he reacted quickest to Mohamed Salah's header down from an Andy Robertson cross to score the Reds' second in the 89th minute.

And Klopp said to the BBC: "This is Curtis in a nutshell. His first touch is pretty much a finish, and the goal he scored, you have to be in that position.

"He sees the cross coming, it looks a little bit long, then the wind slows it down, Mo can get the ball and Curtis is in or at the six-yard box.

"It's incredible, and he can finish the situation off. That is really special, and special about him.

"He has signed a new contract, which is good for him and for us. We will have a lot of fun with him in the future."

Jones, who now has three goals and an assist in nine senior appearances, has revealed the message he was given by Klopp as he was being prepared for his late introduction.

"He was just saying the usual, he knows that I'm good on the ball but it's about picking the right pass and knowing when to dribble," said the teenager.

"He said the game was a bit Villa were on the attack and then we were on the attack, just to try and get a hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and control the game a bit more.

That's what I tried to do and hopefully the goal helped."

Asked about his whirlwind weekend, Jones told Liverpoolfc.com: "They could call it perfect.

"But, for me, I'm just grateful for the manager and the rest of the staff for having the belief in me and putting me out there when it was only 1-0 and Villa were playing well. I'm grateful for that but it's been a good week."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-lot-fun-him-liverpool-18548292

« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 11:21:17 am by rebel23 »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #411 on: July 6, 2020, 11:28:27 am »
local goalscoring midfielder who is really confident and great at getting into goalscoring positions with well timed runs. I have seen this somewhere before. Can`t think where
Yep, I feel you, brother.
I was also a big fan of Steve McMahon.

It's about time he had an England cap..

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: July 6, 2020, 11:34:00 am »
He is in Klopp's plans  8)

'We will have a lot of fun with him' - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp eager to work with midfielder

I think Klopp made the same "we'll have a lot of fun" comment with Origi in the past.
That's alright by me :)

Looking forward to seeing Curtis become a cult hero and scoring great goals in big games ;)

Apart from this....as others have said...Curtis does seem to be a player who fits right in. You cannot tell that he's an inexperienced teenager. Love it. He has it all I would say. Great attitude too - not too arrogant off the field. The only thing we don't know is how great his stamina is, and if he's injury prone or not. But who cares! He has all the right ingredients right now for any team.
Exciting times for us fans. I think other players like Rhian Brewster and Harvey Elliott give us the same vibes.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: July 6, 2020, 11:42:00 am »
delighted for him, massive potential

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #414 on: July 6, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »

Might need to be XXXL
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: July 6, 2020, 12:31:38 pm »

I loved him,wasn't my favourite player (was hard to pick one in those sides) but he was the one that I always tried to emulate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: July 6, 2020, 01:09:33 pm »
I am getting ahead of myself but I wonder if Curtis eventually becomes the replacement for Gini. Klopp and his team of coaches can train him to play a deeper role much as they did with Gini, and we know quite a bit already about his attacking prowess. Gini, by all accounts, will sign an extension but I'm guessing it'll be for 2 years or so? By then, Curtis will have more experience with the senior team and probably has substantial minutes in the first team to seamlessly replace Wijnaldum.

Yeah, I'm getting way ahead of myself! Can't help but feel excited seeing two local lads producing the goods for a hugely successful Liverpool team, so I can only imagine what our local supporters feel when they see Curtis and Trent play and do well for us.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: July 6, 2020, 03:18:00 pm »
how is his game time to goal ratio now?

great step up to the first team duty....

pleased for him... another player who will give his all for the club and from academy, always great to see!

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 6, 2020, 04:35:07 pm »
Loves a goal against the blue shite as well  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #419 on: July 6, 2020, 06:21:50 pm »
Klopp's reaction to the goal by Curtis was quite something.  ;D

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1280118297501896706?s=20
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: July 6, 2020, 06:26:32 pm »
If Curtis starts playing regularly, is Trent going to need a new song?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: July 6, 2020, 06:33:36 pm »

He and Trent can help translate Scouse for the rest of the team.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #422 on: July 6, 2020, 06:39:57 pm »
Just change one word
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: July 6, 2020, 06:42:20 pm »

I love it when he plays to the crowd.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: July 6, 2020, 06:48:17 pm »

:lmao @ the Spurs fan calling us Loserpool :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #425 on: July 6, 2020, 06:52:54 pm »
Paging Alanis Morissette, we gotta goodun here for ya, lol

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: July 6, 2020, 07:25:58 pm »

He posts in pretty much every football related thread on there. Almost certain he's not really a Spurs fan, just pretends to be one in order to get attention, always posts along the lines of "what a bunch of losers this club is" and keeps getting a ton of "well you support Spurs" replies. Best to block and move on...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 7, 2020, 02:56:28 am »
He has the technique and acceleration to buy himself the space he needs to shoot or play a pass, while also having the size and speed necessary to get up and down the pitch. He does have quite a bit of potential and it would be interesting to see how he develops in the future. If he keeps developing physically and can improve his technique (which is already good) a bit more, he could really turn into some player.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: July 7, 2020, 06:54:11 am »

no, there are two, TWO !!  ;D

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: July 7, 2020, 11:33:39 am »

Yeah, think his stream is about 4 years behind
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: July 7, 2020, 11:43:14 am »
I'm not sure he will start any of the games we have left, but I'd love to see him play 60-70 minutes in midfield with Henderson and Fabinho.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: July 8, 2020, 12:56:18 pm »
I've seen a few comments on social media saying his scouse accent is unusual.
I've always assumed he had a slight speech impediment. Often grow out of it as you get older.
But others are saying it's like listening to scouse mixed with welsh and.... German?
AFAIK he's as scouse as they come. Born and raised in Tokky.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #432 on: July 8, 2020, 01:04:06 pm »
Sounded like he had a slight stammer or lisp that one time I heard him talk.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #433 on: July 8, 2020, 01:27:03 pm »
He posts in pretty much every football related thread on there. Almost certain he's not really a Spurs fan, just pretends to be one in order to get attention, always posts along the lines of "what a bunch of losers this club is" and keeps getting a ton of "well you support Spurs" replies. Best to block and move on...

He’s a Barcelona fan

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #434 on: July 8, 2020, 04:16:44 pm »
I've seen a few comments on social media saying his scouse accent is unusual.
I've always assumed he had a slight speech impediment. Often grow out of it as you get older.
But others are saying it's like listening to scouse mixed with welsh and.... German?
AFAIK he's as scouse as they come. Born and raised in Tokky.

Could be a Toxteth thing. Always though Fowler sounded not quite Scouse enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Curtis Jones
« Reply #435 on: July 8, 2020, 04:40:41 pm »
His goal against Everton is on BBC iPlayer.

Rewatched it and really can’t fault Jordan Pickford as it arched over so perfectly. 2 Alissons wouldn’t save that goal.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #436 on: July 8, 2020, 05:21:33 pm »
Yeah, think his stream is about 4 years behind
He's four years old more like...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: July 11, 2020, 05:13:30 pm »
Thought he showed today that he belongs at this level.

He was everywhere, the balance in midfield between him, Wijnaldum and Fabinho was pretty perfect and Jones had the freedom to move around the pitch and get forward. Could have scored and it was encouraging that he was finding the right positions to be in. It was a really mature performance, he looked confident from the start and should be very happy with what he did today.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: July 11, 2020, 05:21:57 pm »
Copes physically an all. Fully expected him to bury that left footer that flew into the Kop. Just needs that composure to develop cos he finds goalscoring positions all the time.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #439 on: July 11, 2020, 05:23:45 pm »
He flows around the field so easily and already doesn't look out of place in midfield. I loved the way he was popping up everywhere the Burnley defence couldn't handle him at times. As Roy says a bit more composure and he will be fine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"