Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 370303 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Television buying
« Reply #5440 on: November 27, 2021, 04:35:13 am »
The only issue I have with Samsung TVs is they won't have Dolby Vision
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5441 on: November 30, 2021, 02:36:54 pm »
UK TV apps are coming to latests Sonys by the end of 2021, apparently. I can cope until then.  I had to rule the C1 out because my Sonos beam would obscure it.  At least with the A80j you can adjust it.

I've just bought the Arc and still have the panasonic FZ802 (2018 OLED) but this will also cover it a little bit, It's 2cm taller than the Beam which i currently have. I'll have to raise the TV up a little bit. Will be going for a new OLED next year depending what's out there and will just put on the wall to stop this problem.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5442 on: November 30, 2021, 03:33:20 pm »
I've just bought the Arc and still have the panasonic FZ802 (2018 OLED) but this will also cover it a little bit, It's 2cm taller than the Beam which i currently have. I'll have to raise the TV up a little bit. Will be going for a new OLED next year depending what's out there and will just put on the wall to stop this problem.
I have the Sony ZF9 soundbar with rears with the same TV, it’s a great set up. Sounds fantastic and it fits nicely beneath the FZ802 on its stand
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5443 on: December 1, 2021, 12:54:57 pm »
I have the Sony ZF9 soundbar with rears with the same TV, it’s a great set up. Sounds fantastic and it fits nicely beneath the FZ802 on its stand

Can't fault the TV it won quite a lot of awards. It's actually brighter than many today but I guess with that brings risk of burn in.

Unfortunately the Arc is about 2.5cm higer than your soundbar.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #5444 on: December 2, 2021, 12:41:01 am »
Quick question guys, I won't be getting a soundbar for my A80J (our living room isn't huge plus there won't be space under TV as we are building a media wall and need space for the sky box and ps5), is it possible to have 2 sonos one's (gen 2) that connect to the TV via wifi? Has anyone done this and if so, how do they sound?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5445 on: December 2, 2021, 11:35:18 pm »
Dont think it’s possible over WiFi. I tried connecting a Sonos one to my projector via Apple AirPlay and the delay made it unusable.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5446 on: December 3, 2021, 06:22:14 pm »
Dont think it’s possible over WiFi. I tried connecting a Sonos one to my projector via Apple AirPlay and the delay made it unusable.

Most new tvs have an audio delay option now.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5447 on: December 3, 2021, 06:30:37 pm »
Buying a decent 43" is a nightmare, 120hz is a necessity for the PS5, there's a few Sony's around at my price range (£750 ish), but the lack of the catch up apps is a real put off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5448 on: December 3, 2021, 06:42:56 pm »
Buying a decent 43" is a nightmare, 120hz is a necessity for the PS5, there's a few Sony's around at my price range (£750 ish), but the lack of the catch up apps is a real put off.

Maybe buy a box or a stick for your catch up.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5449 on: December 3, 2021, 08:34:50 pm »
Maybe buy a box or a stick for your catch up.

Yeah and a Fire TV is much better in terms of performance than most smart TV interfaces. It’s a no brainier really. Got 2 smart TV’s in the house but both have 4K fire TV sticks in.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: December 3, 2021, 11:38:28 pm »

That’s fine if consistent. It was anywhere between 1-4 seconds out and the effort to keep it in check wasn’t worth it. Especially when the beam is so good and can be found secondhand/refurbed now.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5451 on: December 8, 2021, 12:24:45 am »
Sorry, I’ve just seen this.

It doesn’t have the apps currently but I believe they are due in the next couple of months. To be honest, I haven’t missed them but I have a virgin box which covers that off.

My previous tv was an older Bravia which did have the uk apps but didn’t have Apple TV available for it. I managed to side load Apple TV, so not sure if there might be a work around.

Bought it anyway.

Honestly, the best tv I’ve ever owned. Picture is incredible. Hopefully they sort out he catch-up apps soon tho.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5452 on: December 15, 2021, 02:08:52 pm »

Problem I have with my Sony and Sky Q is that the audio is already delayed, there needs to be a negative sync so you can bring the audio in earlier.

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #5453 on: December 21, 2021, 07:05:55 pm »
Bought it anyway.

Honestly, the best tv I’ve ever owned. Picture is incredible. Hopefully they sort out he catch-up apps soon tho.

I still can’t really fault the tv. Very happy with it.

The uk tv apps have been added to Sony Select with the latest software update.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5454 on: December 24, 2021, 12:16:06 am »
I still can’t really fault the tv. Very happy with it.

The uk tv apps have been added to Sony Select with the latest software update.

Yeah it’s brilliant. A mate’s Bravia has a better remote, but that’s about it.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5455 on: December 30, 2021, 08:27:36 pm »
I know next to nothing about TVs, does anyone have any recommendatioms for a 55" between about £450 and £550. Reviews of most of them seem good, but I'm always wary of paid placement advertisements and deals that are not actually that great. If anyone has any recommendations that would be really helpful. Would like the apps on there but not adverse to just using a Firestick etc.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #5456 on: December 31, 2021, 07:02:27 am »
I know next to nothing about TVs, does anyone have any recommendatioms for a 55" between about £450 and £550. Reviews of most of them seem good, but I'm always wary of paid placement advertisements and deals that are not actually that great. If anyone has any recommendations that would be really helpful. Would like the apps on there but not adverse to just using a Firestick etc.

Tesco currently have a Toshiba 58" on sale at £369. Absolute bargain price. Model 58UL2163DB if you want to look up some reviews.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #5457 on: January 1, 2022, 11:34:59 pm »
Quick Soundbar question...

TV is a Sony Bravia 49" (49 XG80 96) i only want a plug in & play, no frills just to boost tv sound (not for movies etc-no sub speaker needed)
Currys have this one at £89.00 SONY HT-SF150 (i got a gift card with £15,00 still on it) so really its costing me £75.00
Should do the job for what i need.. ?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems-and-sound-bars/sony-ht-sf150-2-0-sound-bar-10176938-pdt.html
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: January 1, 2022, 11:41:29 pm »
Quick Soundbar question...

TV is a Sony Bravia 49" (49 XG80 96) i only want a plug in & play, no frills just to boost tv sound (not for movies etc-no sub speaker needed)
Currys have this one at £89.00 SONY HT-SF150 (i got a gift card with £15,00 still on it) so really its costing me £75.00
Should do the job for what i need.. ?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/home-cinema-systems-and-sound-bars/sony-ht-sf150-2-0-sound-bar-10176938-pdt.html

Ask them mate

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/help-and-services/repairs-and-maintenance/tech-support-12-commercial.html?tab=3#remote-tech-support

You could get the next one up for £54 (refurb)

https://centresdirect.co.uk/p-30493-refurbished-htsf200ceka.aspx?st=Sf200&si=30493
« Last Edit: January 1, 2022, 11:45:49 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5459 on: January 2, 2022, 07:00:22 pm »

You could get the next one up for £54 (refurb)

https://centresdirect.co.uk/p-30493-refurbished-htsf200ceka.aspx?st=Sf200&si=30493

Nice 1... will look..  :thumbup

Edit: Thanks again .. ordered it, £54 free p&p do for me..  8)
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 01:56:45 am by hixxstar »

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5460 on: January 3, 2022, 03:14:22 pm »
Nice 1... will look..  :thumbup

Edit: Thanks again .. ordered it, £54 free p&p do for me..  8)

You're welcome.I often buy refurbished when it's from the actual website,comes with a 12 month warranty so you can't go wrong & it looks like you got the last one.

Let us know how it sounds.  :thumbup

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: January 6, 2022, 11:14:47 am »
Let us know how it sounds.  :thumbup

Arrived yesterday... All bang on, boxed-looks mint  8)
Sound is Big... nice thick bass, stereo sound spread wide also... only 24" wide too.. works fine with Sony TV ARC... 8)

Check this too, Mate give me a Yamaha YSP-1100 soundbar that wont turn on anymore ?.. turns out it could be a £3.00 capacitor, i gonne fix and see  ;D

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #5462 on: February 23, 2022, 05:06:31 pm »
My Oled has succumbed to screenburn, not entirely a shock as I did use for some PC work as well, but still a reminder that it can happen even with the newer panels (it was just over 3 years old).

Beyond economic repair but retailer was very fair and gave a decent offer in terms of either a replacement or cash towards a replacement.

So I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade from 55 to 65.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5463 on: February 23, 2022, 05:24:26 pm »
Which set was it Phil? Got a 65” C1 on my ‘to buy’ list once a few other bits paid off.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5464 on: February 23, 2022, 05:32:18 pm »
Which set was it Phil? Got a 65” C1 on my ‘to buy’ list once a few other bits paid off.

Old set was a Panny 55FZ802, going for a LG 65C1 myself now.

Only annoyance is that there aren't any decent offers now, but I have gone through Costco as they will price match any future reductions for 30 days (as opposed to the usual 14) and it seems the new models will be out imminently, so hopefully should see some decent reductions coming through soon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 05:53:02 pm by filopastry »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5465 on: February 26, 2022, 06:35:28 pm »
Just received a 55 XR X94J as a warranty replacement of a 3 year old XE9005.

Dolby Vision is great.
The tv itself is now Google tv rather than android and it shows the speed is great.
PQ is really good lots of better options, the HDR is a massive step up. It also has Netflix Calibrated mode which I’m not too keen on and Imax Certified or something which seems a little red but can be tweaked.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5466 on: February 26, 2022, 07:05:21 pm »
Just bought a Hisense 75A7GQTUK, was £998 on Amazon but with pay over 12 months for free so only paying about £83 a month.

Seemed a bargain.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #5467 on: March 2, 2022, 09:52:50 pm »
Just bought a Hisense 75A7GQTUK, was £998 on Amazon but with pay over 12 months for free so only paying about £83 a month.

Seemed a bargain.

I've been looking at the 55 of this for a while what's it like?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5468 on: March 2, 2022, 11:21:17 pm »
I've been looking at the 55 of this for a while what's it like?

Think the 55” might have a different panel, but had the 75 for 4 or so days and loving it so far. Not as big as I expect (but then I did have a 59” plasma I was upgrading from so with the bezels that was pretty big itself).

I do need to get it properly set up though as just using standard settings currently.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5469 on: March 3, 2022, 08:32:36 am »
Think the 55” might have a different panel, but had the 75 for 4 or so days and loving it so far. Not as big as I expect (but then I did have a 59” plasma I was upgrading from so with the bezels that was pretty big itself).

I do need to get it properly set up though as just using standard settings currently.

I just want it for watching films and Xbox really my only concern was people saying about motion blur when watching the match

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #5470 on: March 3, 2022, 11:21:28 am »
Also if anyone buys a new Sony they are offering 5 free downloads and a year subscription to their Bravia Core service.

Once downloaded the movies are 80 bit Blu Ray quality (pretty much) and look incredible!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5471 on: March 3, 2022, 11:25:50 am »
I just want it for watching films and Xbox really my only concern was people saying about motion blur when watching the match

Watched the match on it last night and didn't notice any motion blur, then watched a 4K copy of Rise of Skywalker after and it was great.

There is a little light bleed from along the bottom and top which is noticeable if you're in a dark room, but it's not that bad at all.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5472 on: March 3, 2022, 02:17:05 pm »
Got my 65c1 last night, great TV, some would say too big for our living room, but I don't give a shit  ;D ;D

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5473 on: March 3, 2022, 11:26:25 pm »
Very jealous!

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5474 on: March 5, 2022, 09:04:31 am »
Okay I have a £500 budget for a 50/55" TV I've been looking at these 3 three and advise on which I should go for?

Samsung AU7100
LG UP8100
Hisense A7GQTUK

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #5475 on: March 5, 2022, 10:47:24 am »
Okay I have a £500 budget for a 50/55" TV I've been looking at these 3 three and advise on which I should go for?

Samsung AU7100
LG UP8100
Hisense A7GQTUK

Thats similar to the budget I had so went for the below. The 120hz refresh rate was a nice bonus.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08X3R977T/?coliid=I151FMUD7RFACN&colid=15G3SG53XHVUC&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5476 on: March 5, 2022, 04:05:45 pm »
Thats similar to the budget I had so went for the below. The 120hz refresh rate was a nice bonus.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08X3R977T/?coliid=I151FMUD7RFACN&colid=15G3SG53XHVUC&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Could probably stretch to that aswel I didn't really have a preference except a centre stand/base

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: March 6, 2022, 07:55:24 pm »
That LG nano went up to £628
I managed to get a hisense 55 U7Q for £390 so went for that is coming Thursday
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 11:02:28 am by LOKKO »

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5478 on: March 23, 2022, 07:58:23 pm »

By the way 65c1 is down to £1,352 at Costco online now

48c1 £850, 55c1 £941

Good reductions all round as the c2 range is launching at the moment
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:26:23 pm by filopastry »

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5479 on: March 23, 2022, 08:25:29 pm »
Stop it!