Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779628 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2840 on: March 14, 2019, 11:45:19 am »
Brain fart from him but nothing we can’t cope without. If anything I’d agree with those saying it could be a blessing in disguise as he’s played a lot of football this season and looks jaded.

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2841 on: March 14, 2019, 05:14:30 pm »
I have never seen Robertson struggle as much as he did against Gnabry over both the legs. Not all of it could be attributed to our tactics of moving our fullbacks forward. Most of it, especially at Anfield, Gnabry just went past Robbo like he didn't exist. It's really worrying considering some of the giants waiting in the CL on that right wing.

Also despite us winning, Trent was very poor against Ribery. Not sure how many left wingers will have Ribery's tricks, but still it was too easy to break free of Trent. Even against Burnley and Watford, Trent's defensive work was questionable. Early in the season, against more attacking wingers, Klopp used Gomez instead of Trent.

Our Full backs situation is probably the most concerning in our squad.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: March 14, 2019, 05:17:08 pm »
I have never seen Robertson struggle as much as he did against Gnabry over both the legs. Not all of it could be attributed to our tactics of moving our fullbacks forward. Most of it, especially at Anfield, Gnabry just went past Robbo like he didn't exist. It's really worrying considering some of the giants waiting in the CL on that right wing.

Also despite us winning, Trent was very poor against Ribery. Not sure how many left wingers will have Ribery's tricks, but still it was too easy to break free of Trent. Even against Burnley and Watford, Trent's defensive work was questionable. Early in the season, against more attacking wingers, Klopp used Gomez instead of Trent.

Jeez, an incredible amount of nonsense in there!

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: March 14, 2019, 05:26:42 pm »

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2844 on: March 14, 2019, 05:32:24 pm »
Jeez, an incredible amount of nonsense in there!

If you creep slowly back from the absolute claptrap in that post, there is some truth in the last statement. Our system relies on our fullbacks an absolutely massive amount. It's not ideal that Robbo is out for the next round but he definitely looks like a rest won't do him any harm [even if it might do us some harm]. Similarly trent at his young age is being asked to do a huge amount, and we don't want him to burn out either - I want these two to fill out full back slots for the next 5-10 years.

What this means is we'll need decent options backing them up. Milner and Gomez are kind of decent enough options there, but given Joe does seem to suffer with injuries and Milner may well leave end of the year it's an area we can improve on. Moreno's not good enough, time will tell if any from the youth team are.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2845 on: March 14, 2019, 10:58:53 pm »

I wouldn't say concerning. I would say its the positions in our squad where we have NO depth in quality compared to other positions where we can atleast manage. I do believe they will be high priority positions for us to address in the summer for depth. Our fullbacks have pretty much had to play every single minute when they are free with no rotation, especially Robbo, and the demands from their position in our setup is immense. They need to get some rest every now and again, if only to recharge. The weird thing is, our fullbacks even at 50% are still incredibly good because they always put in a shift and always have something mad in their locker to pull out, so I am okay with the situation at the minute. Gomez's return should add atleast some help in this department as well.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: March 15, 2019, 12:10:56 am »
Unpopular opinion but Robbo's felt a bit burned out since the turn of the year. He's not nearly at his best and some of that just has to be the number of games he's played. His work rate is still top notch but his actual output hasn't quite hit the mark for a while. I wish we'd had the luxury to give him a breather once in a while and even though the Champions League QF is probably an awful time for that, it might just be helpful for the lad.
Or he adjusting on sleep to the demands of having a newborn around the house now, along with how much he playing

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #2847 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:30 am »
Could be he is overworked. Could be the baby or Could be both. Robbo is having a small dip in form and unfortunately we only have Moreno to back him up.

Trent has been brilliant going forward, but hasn't been solid defensively. With Gomez preferred as a CB we may really need to go out and get some quality back ups for the full backs (assuming Moreno will leave end of season).

Also I seriously hope Milner stays with us next season. He has been solid wherever he has played. Carried us at the start of the season and can fit in any position seamlessly. Hope we extend his stay.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2848 on: March 15, 2019, 07:56:15 am »
Could be he is overworked. Could be the baby or Could be both. Robbo is having a small dip in form and unfortunately we only have Moreno to back him up.

Trent has been brilliant going forward, but hasn't been solid defensively. With Gomez preferred as a CB we may really need to go out and get some quality back ups for the full backs (assuming Moreno will leave end of season).

Also I seriously hope Milner stays with us next season. He has been solid wherever he has played. Carried us at the start of the season and can fit in any position seamlessly. Hope we extend his stay.

His contract runs out after next season. 2020.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: March 15, 2019, 08:10:37 am »

So Soon?    :o
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2850 on: March 15, 2019, 09:12:19 am »
So Soon?    :o

Milner, not Robertson.

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #2851 on: March 15, 2019, 10:49:51 am »
Oh! didn't know that. Thought Milner's contract expired 2019. but even so he might leave end of this season.

I will be surprised if Liverpool don't procure a midfielder (Fekir most likely, Klopp always sticks with his choices unless the whole injury thing was true). With so many personnel in the middle of the park, they may consider letting him go.

Makes more sense for him as well to negotiate a bigger contract now considering his stocks are high still being a key player this year than wait run the contract down to 2020, its risky what might happen between now and then. I have a strong feeling he will leave end of the season. I hope Klopp takes notice and extends his contract, he still has one good season in him for us.

(Will discuss Robbo here, might as well shift this to Milner thread)

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:30 am »
Missing Porto is not the end of the world without him!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2853 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:26 am »
Missing Porto is not the end of the world without him!

Getting his suspension out of the way for the home tie vs Porto is Galactic Brain stuff.

Andy Robbo >>> Sergio Ramos.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: March 15, 2019, 12:12:35 pm »
Getting his suspension out of the way for the home tie vs Porto is Galactic Brain stuff.

Turned out to be great, if we can get through he will be vital in the semis.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: March 15, 2019, 12:18:49 pm »

Even if he was booked in the first leg against Porto he wouldn't have missed the 2nd leg because suspensions through bookings start over once you get to the quarters don't they?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2856 on: March 15, 2019, 12:28:10 pm »
Porto home without Robbo is manageable. Milner would play LB. Phew.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: March 15, 2019, 01:28:09 pm »
His yellow card took the shine off Wednesday a little.

I'm suddenly a lot less concerned, even if Moreno is to play.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »
Porto home without Robbo is manageable. Milner would play LB. Phew.

Gomez back by then too all being well.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: March 15, 2019, 01:41:48 pm »
Gomez back by then too all being well.

Camacho in for the Porto jazz hands.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: March 17, 2019, 10:33:22 pm »
He’s pulled out of the Scotland squad - needs an operation for a dental abscess. So no trip to Kazakhstan for him, although may join them for their second match against San Marino.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: March 17, 2019, 10:35:29 pm »
He’s pulled out of the Scotland squad - needs an operation for a dental abscess. So no trip to Kazakhstan for him, although may join them for their second match against San Marino.

Good stuff

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2862 on: March 17, 2019, 10:36:32 pm »
Nice
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: March 18, 2019, 01:01:15 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2864 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:45 pm »
We should brace ourselves for the worst.  We don't want someone else filling in at left back for any longer than needed.

Teeth.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: March 18, 2019, 06:07:29 pm »
We should brace ourselves for the worst.  We don't want someone else filling in at left back for any longer than needed.

Teeth.

Ok I'll bite - I don't get the joke.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: March 18, 2019, 06:37:51 pm »
Secretly hoping he misses both games. Tierney is a good left back, and they don't really need their best against either Kazakhstan or San Marino. Essentially meaningless games as they will likely win both comfortably.

He looks a little jaded with his play. Some errors and sloppiness creeping in, even though the desire and determination are there in spades. A decent break, and some time to work on cutting down errors will see him return with good sharpness.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2867 on: March 18, 2019, 10:09:37 pm »
Needs an “operation on his tooth” and will only be elegible to play against San Marino.

No stitch up here at all.  Move along, this is all above board. Honest.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2868 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:16 pm »
Needs an “operation on his tooth” and will only be elegible to play against San Marino.

No stitch up here at all.  Move along, this is all above board. Honest.

Apparently he's been playing with a mouth abscess.Painful.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2869 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:28 am »
So it sounds like he's desperately trying to make the squad for the first match.  What are you doing, Andy?  Stay home FFS.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2870 on: March 19, 2019, 12:01:57 pm »
So it sounds like he's desperately trying to make the squad for the first match.  What are you doing, Andy?  Stay home FFS.

And they have a decent substitute for him...not a massive drop off. But I guess being the captain he feels duty bound.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2871 on: March 19, 2019, 01:51:58 pm »
According to the Scotland NT twitter feed, he's officially out of the match, but back for San Marino.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1108001468643196928

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2872 on: March 19, 2019, 04:06:17 pm »
Apparently he's been playing with a mouth abscess.Painful.
Would explain his mercurial form

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2873 on: March 20, 2019, 10:50:16 am »

Teeth.
We should never have got rid of Wisdom.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: March 20, 2019, 11:23:51 am »

You mean the lad that couldn't find his way to the stadium. Drove his car into a bog instead?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: March 20, 2019, 11:57:55 am »
You mean the lad that couldn't find his way to the stadium. Drove his car into a bog instead?

Ruined all the enamel paint?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2876 on: March 20, 2019, 12:02:30 pm »
He'd have been good at filling in for Robertson.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2877 on: March 20, 2019, 12:26:47 pm »
He'd have been good at filling in for Robertson.
And, as a fringe player, we could have used him to take out opposition players. Leave a few gaps for the likes of Mo to exploit and clean up, you know? Really put a shine on the scoreline.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: March 21, 2019, 05:08:07 pm »
Wasn't even on the bench for today's hammering by the mighty Kazakhstan

Please tell me he's not injured.  Please

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: March 21, 2019, 05:10:16 pm »

Phew!!!