Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 113538 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #680 on: April 9, 2016, 02:55:32 pm »
Was brilliant for West Ham today, credit to him

Still a prick for rushing to celebrate against us though

I think If I'd had an envelope with my name in it then binned off as useless I'd have celebrated, this not celebrating against your former club is shaped by the way you leave.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: April 9, 2016, 02:58:35 pm »
I think If I'd had an envelope with my name in it then binned off as useless I'd have celebrated, this not celebrating against your former club is shaped by the way you leave.

Always thought the envelope thing was a ploy for motivation, where did you hear there were actual names. As for binned off, no one claimed he was useless, he was sold as is any player who is deemed not suited to a new managers play style. I see where you're coming from but it's not as if he was treated like shit here

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: April 9, 2016, 03:42:33 pm »
Always thought the envelope thing was a ploy for motivation, where did you hear there were actual names. As for binned off, no one claimed he was useless, he was sold as is any player who is deemed not suited to a new managers play style. I see where you're coming from but it's not as if he was treated like shit here

Rodgers played Jekyll and Hyde with him. One week telling him he's a vital part of the team, then telling him he has no future the next week. And fans put a tremendous amount of pressure on him because of what we paid for him which was not his fault. I also felt that Kenny didn't really give him enough of a consistent run for him to try to establish himself and for Suarez and him to learn to play together.
His fitness however has always been a problem and held him back. No doubt he can be a devastating player on his day.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #683 on: April 9, 2016, 03:47:39 pm »

Most players get envelopes with their name in.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 9, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »

Rodgers played Jekyll and Hyde with him. One week telling him he's a vital part of the team, then telling him he has no future the next week. And fans put a tremendous amount of pressure on him because of what we paid for him which was not his fault. I also felt that Kenny didn't really give him enough of a consistent run for him to try to establish himself and for Suarez and him to learn to play together.
His fitness however has always been a problem and held him back. No doubt he can be a devastating player on his day.
Weird to think that he made more of an impact in the finals we've been in than Suarez. Almost won us the FA Cup. Always felt like he didn't get a fair chance under Rodgers to be honest.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 10, 2016, 01:10:10 pm »
Was great yesterday but his fitness and 'off the field' stuff is not worth it IMO. Even Bilic mentioned it yesterday.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #686 on: April 10, 2016, 01:16:42 pm »
Yesterday was his best performance since we beat Man City at Anfield in 2011, nearly 5 years to the day. Great when fit & the focal point of the team is Andy Carroll just a shame that it doesn't happen that often.

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #687 on: April 10, 2016, 07:14:31 pm »
He's an absolute handful when he's fully fit, but he's only fully fit 5-10 times a season it seems. Would be a hell of a player if his body didn't let him down so often.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #688 on: April 11, 2016, 11:38:15 am »
Cracking performance from him at the weekend. Always felt mixed feelings regarding his time at us. Felt we might have let him go too early. His performances in the last 6 months with us were very good, and he's showed when he's fit he'll score goals this season. I'd be very tempted to take him to the Euro's, as I honestly think he's the type of player that can change a game and make an impact in ten minutes (all you're going to get as the 3rd/4th choice). I'm sure he's scored a fair amount of goals coming off the bench for them this season.

With his injuries, and us having the Suarez and Sturridge partnership in the end, was probably proved right to move him on. But there's definitely a decent player there.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #689 on: April 11, 2016, 11:42:43 am »
some performance

exactly the player we need

i reckon we should sign him in the summer. 35m should do it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #690 on: April 11, 2016, 11:58:45 am »
some performance

exactly the player we need

i reckon we should sign him in the summer. 35m should do it

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: April 11, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: April 11, 2016, 12:20:54 pm »
Was brilliant for West Ham today, credit to him

Still a prick for rushing to celebrate against us though

He'll score his next 3 goals over an 11 month period where he'll play 8 games.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: April 11, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »
Are these talks of him going to the Euros for real? I mean, he had a great game, but it's once in blue moon performance for him.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: April 11, 2016, 02:04:46 pm »
Are these talks of him going to the Euros for real? I mean, he had a great game, but it's once in blue moon performance for him.

It was more him talking about himself more than anything. Very much too little, too late when all of Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck are fighting it out for the striker spots.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #695 on: April 11, 2016, 02:11:28 pm »
Cracking performance from him at the weekend. Always felt mixed feelings regarding his time at us. Felt we might have let him go too early. His performances in the last 6 months with us were very good, and he's showed when he's fit he'll score goals this season. I'd be very tempted to take him to the Euro's, as I honestly think he's the type of player that can change a game and make an impact in ten minutes (all you're going to get as the 3rd/4th choice). I'm sure he's scored a fair amount of goals coming off the bench for them this season.

With his injuries, and us having the Suarez and Sturridge partnership in the end, was probably proved right to move him on. But there's definitely a decent player there.

He's okay. Shouldn't be anywhere near he England squad though. Considering he's at least as injury prone as Sturridge without half the pedigree, when Danny is going to have to be outstanding in the last few weeks of the season to make it to the Euros, it's absurd to think of Carroll going.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »
its he usual with him

when he scores everyone says he is going to the euros
"in this form he is unplayable"
"he has got a great touch for a big man"

he was unplayable at Liverpool

for all the wrong reasons

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #697 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »
Great player in the right system, but that system isn't anything like any system we've ever played.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2016, 07:26:11 pm »
Great player in the right system, but that system isn't anything like any system we've ever played.

He would have been amazing for the crazy gang Wimbledon in the 80s/90s
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:14 am »
Thought he had score more goals, but he 'only' has 8 in 27, or actually in 22 in the league so quite ok numbers. But I guess it's because he's been in good form lately that I thought he'd have even more.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2016, 04:01:56 am »
Getting a strong sense of deja vu here: major international tournament around the corner, Carroll starts playing well.

If I wasn't such a trusting fellow I'd question his motivation and professionalism.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2016, 10:03:20 am »
Getting a strong sense of deja vu here: major international tournament around the corner, Carroll starts playing well.

If I wasn't such a trusting fellow I'd question his motivation and professionalism.
He's known to be a party animal and even during this purple patch his manager comes out and says he needs to dedicate himself. I think Defoe has more merit to be picked over Carroll, I don't really like the plan B lump it up to the big man.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2016, 11:21:09 am »
He's known to be a party animal and even during this purple patch his manager comes out and says he needs to dedicate himself. I think Defoe has more merit to be picked over Carroll, I don't really like the plan B lump it up to the big man.

Nah no point, there's Kane who can fill that role if we really need it. Carroll is only a couple of inches taller and they're pretty similar in their build so it'd be an odd one to take him as a 'plan B' if Kane is fit.

Sadly, if they're taking Kane, Vardy and Rooney plus one more....then Sturridge makes much more sense than anyone else as a wildcard.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2016, 11:24:59 am »
Nah no point, there's Kane who can fill that role if we really need it. Carroll is only a couple of inches taller and they're pretty similar in their build so it'd be an odd one to take him as a 'plan B' if Kane is fit.

Sadly, if they're taking Kane, Vardy and Rooney plus one more....then Sturridge makes much more sense than anyone else as a wildcard.
id deffo take these 4 head of Bandy Carroll

he has about a decent two months at the most and for the rest of the season is injured or just lumbers around the pitch. After the Euros he probably wont play much until Christmas.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2016, 03:53:20 pm »
id deffo take these 4 head of Bandy Carroll

he has about a decent two months at the most and for the rest of the season is injured or just lumbers around the pitch. After the Euros he probably wont play much until Christmas.

I'd take a fuckload of strikers before Andy Carroll!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2016, 05:41:56 pm »
Carroll for England is as sensible as Steve Bull for England was in the nineties. Bull scored a few times in his first few games but always looked out of place.

He was the classic 'something different' which is English media speak for a player that is so shit and out of his depth that he might confuse quality opponents and grab a spawny goal.

Carroll had the potential to be a great striker (great shot and powerful header) but he's obviously not very bright and lacks discipline.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2016, 09:43:16 am »

He was the classic 'something different' which is English media speak for a player that is so shit and out of his depth that he might confuse quality opponents and grab a spawny goal.

:lmao

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: April 21, 2016, 09:46:28 am »
Carroll for England is as sensible as Steve Bull for England was in the nineties. Bull scored a few times in his first few games but always looked out of place.

Carroll had the potential to be a great striker (great shot and powerful header) but he's obviously not very bright and lacks discipline.

Ouch. :D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: April 9, 2019, 01:07:21 am »
Who on earth will touch him now?? Another season ending injury and he’s out of contract in the summer. Over 30 now and staggeringly has barely played just over 250 games in his entire career! Such a shame and don’t think he ever helped himself either looking after his body

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 9, 2019, 08:49:24 am »
always looked like he was running in porridge

he would have the odd good run but you would be doing well to get 15 goals out of him

just looks like a lumbering oaf.

still can remember sitting in work in disbelief at his fee and us trying to get him. even a thread here saying he was worth every penny

bloody hell

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: April 9, 2019, 08:51:17 am »
I was in Torremolinos when this whole Torres to Chelsea and us signing Carroll shite happened. Pretty much ruined my last 2 days.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: April 9, 2019, 08:56:00 am »
I was in Torremolinos when this whole Torres to Chelsea and us signing Carroll shite happened. Pretty much ruined my last 2 days.
he scored 11 for newcastle in half a season before he came to us. he hasnt hit double figures in a season since !

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: April 9, 2019, 10:11:25 am »

he would have the odd good run but you would be doing well to get 15 goals out of him

still can remember sitting in work in disbelief at his fee and us trying to get him. even a thread here saying he was worth every penny

bloody hell
I was the same, I'd accepted losing Torres but was absolutely gutted that we were going all in on Carroll. It just felt wrong.
I guess that it was the new owners fears of being labelled asset strippers that drove the hurried reinvestment. We did well to shift his wages, get a loan fee and then the fee from West Ham. Could've been far worse, like Markovic / Balotelli worse.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: April 9, 2019, 10:15:57 am »
Did anyone apart from the higher-ups at LFC think it was a good idea

I remember just being in disbelief. Even now that £35m is baffling
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #714 on: April 9, 2019, 10:34:11 am »

bloody hell

I remember the afternoon we were bidding for him and the fee going up and up and up.

Unbelievable then infathomable now. I suppose it was part of FSG's learning curve.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #715 on: April 9, 2019, 10:43:16 am »
How many Prit-Stiks will they make out of him do you reckon?

We’ll always have that Derby winner from the Divine Ponytail at least.

Mad though, we waited ages for his debut and he scored twice v City. Apparently they were the only League goals he scored for us at Anfield! Mad that.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: April 9, 2019, 10:43:52 am »
I remember on the eve of Dalglish's first pre season when returned as full time as manager and Carroll was at Glastonbury on TV looking worse for wear.

When he was at Newcastle they were a few articles about him out drinking, he had to move in with Kevin Nolan at one point so the club could curb his nights out.

Jack Wilshere is another one who never looked after his body, and it's no suprise to see them both be the poster boys in England of when you burn the candle at both ends drinking and partying in your late teens early 20's when you're a professional footballer.

This is the picture from Glastonbury 2011 days before pre season started

« Last Edit: April 9, 2019, 10:47:39 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #717 on: April 9, 2019, 11:13:53 am »
He's spent basically 8 years in the state that Lallana has been in the last couple of years. Either injured, or slowly regaining fitness and form after an injury. Personally think there is a very good player in Carroll, but he's barely ever in the physical state to show it. We probably got about 5 games out of him where he seemed to be at his peak condition, and he seemed much quicker in thought and action, and more coordinated on the ball than he did the rest of the time.

How much of that is down to professionalism or lack thereof is open to debate.

Gonna have to go pay-as-you-play if he's to remain in the PL surely

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 9, 2019, 11:35:22 am »
He's spent basically 8 years in the state that Lallana has been in the last couple of years. Either injured, or slowly regaining fitness and form after an injury. Personally think there is a very good player in Carroll, but he's barely ever in the physical state to show it. We probably got about 5 games out of him where he seemed to be at his peak condition, and he seemed much quicker in thought and action, and more coordinated on the ball than he did the rest of the time.

The FA cup final against Chelsea when he came on he turned the game, we were deservedly 2 down but he nearly pulled it back. left John terry on his arse for a well taken goal and then had a header that was about 1mm from going over the line for an equalizer

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: April 9, 2019, 01:39:06 pm »

Carroll was only ever useful for the role that Man Utd turned to Fellaini for in his last days, a target man who was an arse for defenders to deal with, except Fellaini was at Carroll's peak level whenever called upon and was always available.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258