Author Topic: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')  (Read 40930 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #720 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:54 am »
I don't think posters are being negative apart from a couple of idiots which you always get.

Probably more disappointed as Manchester City were there for the taking esp after our first goal and another goal would probably have deflated them.

Yep drawing when a goal ahead and with Toure looking like he was running in lead wellies on wet tarmac is always going to feel worse than say the Chelsea game in which we came from a goal behind to grab a point.

Thought it was a strange game they were pretty dominant for the first and last twenty whilst we dominated the middle 50 minutes. As an English TV pundit would say a game of three halves.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2017, 12:09:36 pm »
I kind of think some people who are being negative after yesterday's game dont even watch the game. Yesterday's match was one of the highest quality games you will see in this league. It was two of the best teams going at it.

I have never played football in my life and i have barely ever kicked a football but yesterday some of the things were magnificent. De Bruyne's pass to Silva to create the chance for Sterling and Coutinho's pass to Firminio came out of nowhere. I never had any idea that those passes would be played or were indeed on but it illustrated the level of the players on show.

If you need to console yourself with anything then do so with the fact that yesterday it was a level that Spurs, Arsenal and Utd can only wish to reach.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:31 pm »
Just had a quick glance at bluemoon and fuck me, they're bunch of retarded plastics. They actually think they got robbed by the ref? I mean fans are supposed to be biased that's completely normal but this is beyond ridiculous.
In fairness we'd probably all be saying the same if Clichy makes that tackle on Mane in the first half (Milner on Sterling) and gets away with it...

Equally though I thought Yaya Toure should have been sent off. Yesterday really was one of those tit for tat games in terms of everything - mistakes, goalscoring chances/misses, refereeing decisions - where you've got to just come away reasonably content with a draw from both sides I think.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:29:14 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: March 20, 2017, 12:32:42 pm »
Our fans have become very fucking negative. It's abysmal.

Well speaking for myself I am a very positive supporter. 

All season I have been saying how I fancy us to come top four.   I have been impressed with our games against the top sides.  I think we are moving in the right direction under Klopp (slowly).

But I'm not going to pretend I was happy with the performance or application yesterday, because I genuinely think we were poor.

[Klopp voice]Sorry![/Klopp voice]

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #724 on: March 20, 2017, 12:40:36 pm »
Just watched it again and looked through here, but can someone please tell me how Adam missed that utter sitter?!!?!?!?!?  :o ;D

A point is not the worst result in the Universe - a loss would have been pretty damning. Some amazing football from both sides and on the balance of things, a draw was the fair result.

Feeling a whole lot more optimistic about top four now than I was after January. Twatting the bitters will be a massive step towards that.

Come on you Redmen - let's get at it for the rest of the season!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2017, 12:43:30 pm »
I don't think posters are being negative apart from a couple of idiots which you always get.

Probably more disappointed as Manchester City were there for the taking esp after our first goal and another goal would probably have deflated them.

People are going to be disappointed. We had opportunities to win the game. A game that could be absolutely crucial. There's nothing wrong with disappointed with certain aspects after the game.

I think the part that grates with me is the constant need to scrutinise everything. People get lost in the minutia and lose sight of the bigger picture. I'm not sure how old or how long some of the supporters here have been following Liverpool but loads get lost in the here and now. The last few results and performances dictate their entire thought process about the club, player or manager.

As fans we should be looking at the past for examples of where patience has been rewarded. I think Klopp's reign so far has similarities with Gerard Houllier's. Both took over the team mid-season (I think both were October/November) and had 2/3rds of a season to assess the squad. To be fair, the 1998-99 was a pretty turgid affair and we ended up with 54 points. Plus we had that gut wrenching FA Cup defeat to United at Old Trafford. The next season we improved dramatically. We improved our league position by 3 places and our points tally by 13 points. That doesn't tell the whole story though. The season ended in huge disappointment. Mid-April we were really well placed to come 2nd. Last 6 games we failed to win any or even score a goal. It resulted in us coming 4th and missing a CL spot by 2 points. But you know what, despite people being massively disappointed  I don't remember people being as critical as some are now. The season after we had one of the best seasons in our history. Probably my most enjoyable as supporter of Liverpool. That heartache at the end of the 1999-2000 season was all part of the rebuilding process and the support the fans gave the players and manager must have been crucial.

I suppose my overarching point is that we are going through something similar now. Last season was better than 1999-2000 but it ended in disappointment. We made changes in the summer that improved us loads. Early on the season promised more than it does now. But we are building still and we are improving. Don't lose sight of the bigger picture because the recent performances and results aren't as good as earlier in the season. Klopp has shown enough promise to warrant support for himself and his players. What I'm very wary of is sections of the fans turning against Klopp before he's had a chance to complete the rebuilding job. Some of us turned very quickly against a man who won us the Champion's League so I wouldn't put anything past some of sections of our supporter base.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:45:27 pm by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2017, 12:49:09 pm »

But I'm not going to pretend I was happy with the performance or application yesterday, because I genuinely think we were poor.

Great signs then!! If thats our "poor" then we cant be far off being the best team on the planet.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2017, 12:55:04 pm »
thought yesterday was a great, entertaining game.. and honestly, fairly happy with a point against them.. its more than a lot of teams could manage.

little frustrated that I could see their goal coming a minute or two before it happened.

some good performances, some off-performances, some mistakes and strange calls.. but overall i'm happy with the game.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: March 20, 2017, 12:55:31 pm »

I'm not going to pretend I was happy with the performance or application yesterday, because I genuinely think we were poor.

That must be that new thing called trolling.  :)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:58 pm »

Trying to find positives. 

:lmao

Going away to one of the best teams in the league, putting in a very good performance like that, and you are struggling to find positives?

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2017, 12:58:03 pm »
I kind of think some people who are being negative after yesterday's game dont even watch the game. Yesterday's match was one of the highest quality games you will see in this league. It was two of the best teams going at it.

I have never played football in my life and i have barely ever kicked a football but yesterday some of the things were magnificent. De Bruyne's pass to Silva to create the chance for Sterling and Coutinho's pass to Firminio came out of nowhere. I never had any idea that those passes would be played or were indeed on but it illustrated the level of the players on show.

If you need to console yourself with anything then do so with the fact that yesterday it was a level that Spurs, Arsenal and Utd can only wish to reach.
I agree. We really tried to win, but we met a very good and motivated opponent. Even if we would have lost, we would have tried our best. Apart from the finishing, it was one of the best games we have played this season IMO.

These kinds of performances also justifies the fans' frustration after many of the games this winter. There's evidently a lot of quality in this team, certainly enough to beat teams like Hull.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »

What?!?   :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2017, 01:02:02 pm »
I'd hardly let Lallana off so lightly. The relative ability of the players is irrelevant. That's as bad a miss as they come. I saw Aguero miss a volley, and then had a very good chance but seemed to lose his balance. Neither of the two were anywhere remotely easy as Lallana's chance where he was 6 yards from goal, under no pressure with a fairly straightforward pass at normal speed and height.

This isn't U18s or U23s we're talking about. Lallana is paid megabucks to tuck that away. Yes we can find reasons that contributed to the miss, but the idea is that we pay megabucks to these players because in those crucial moments that come, they deliver and we get the results. Lallana had a very good game aside from that so it was highly unfortunate, but each situation has to be judged on its merits and he should do better there with so much at stake. That goal goes in and we're 6 points clear of Man Utd, and 8 points clear of Arsenal. Even with their games in hand, they have a tougher end to the season, and worse goal difference, and I'd say we'd be nailed on for top 4. Now we'll just have to work a bit harder to make up the points in the coming games, and hope that Man Utd don't punish us for not taking our chances.

Honestly, when he messed that up that I may have yelled "oh you gobshite!" at full volume at the tv.. but only out of frustration.  sometimes a player just can't connect with the ball the way they mean to.. it happens.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2017, 01:14:00 pm »
By picking over the bones of such a game is always going to throw up a few negatives. I am very pleased with the way we played for most of the game and being honest I would have taken the point before kick off. Lallana's miss was abysmal after such a lovely move. The main negative for me was the part of the game when we really had them on the ropes but didn`t seem to want to deliver the knock out punch. Someone mentioned Toure looking like he had cement in his wellies and that is absolutely right - for about 15 minutes before he was substituted we were over running their midfield and on a few occasions you could see that quickly getting the ball forward would have created some further opportunities for some inexplicable reason on quite a few occasions we passed it back.

The main positive (again) for me was wijnaldum's performance and the flickering of a return to form from Coutinho. If we can get him back to the form he was showing prior to his injury then this could well be the difference to making a top 4 spot.

Overall a positive performance and result. If we can continue an unbeaten run until the end of the season then we will finish top 4. If the recent Burnely game has created some confidence that we can put the lower sides to the sword then we should have a good run in. Most of the remaining top 4 rivals all have to play each other so there will be dropped points from most if not all and that puts us in pole position.

Fingers crossed that we don`t have any injuries during the interminable and irritating international break but that this also gives Henderson and Lovren to regain full fitness ready for the final barrage of games.

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2017, 01:17:49 pm »
Knew that would be a tough one.

I'm ok with a draw. I thought their wingers would pummel us and they kinda did at times.

Nothing wrong with 4 points from City.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
We would have taken a point beforehand. Great game to watch too.

Was struck by the amount of empty seats for such a big game, and the constant booing (not just at Milner, though that was bizarre enough), what was that all about?

Modern football or just The City Project?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2017, 01:28:20 pm »

All season I have been saying how I fancy us to come top four.   I have been impressed with our games against the top sides.  I think we are moving in the right direction under Klopp (slowly).

Really don't know how to respond to that, other than to disagree,

Yesterday had two of the best attacking teams in the league on display.  We were competing against an incredibly expensive team, lust look at their front 5; Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling. Plus a ridiculously expensive (albeit crap) defence.... and we matched them, could have won. Mane, Firmino, Lallana all could have scored. Can made Toure look like a passenger. I thought we played well in a tough game that could have gone either way.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2017, 01:31:11 pm »
That was an absolutely mental game, a succession of easy chances and situations missed for both teams. We arguably shaded the number of those situations, but really a draw's a fair result. Lallana's miss though, Jesus. He had time to take a touch on that and make sure, so much space.

Milner - what a professional, great penalty, and a sign of the sheer quality of some of City's players that about the only situation all match he didn't deal with brilliantly ended in a goal.

Firmino - absolutely immense, though very poor on that breakaway failing to pass to Lallana, looked knackered when he took the shot.

Mane and Coutinho - if either of them had played close to their best we would have destroyed them, but Coutinho was tidy without being consistently dangerous, and Mane was just off.

Clyne - generally impressive in defence against a very good Sane, but he really is mediocre with the ball at his feet, messed up or slowed down a lot of good situations today. The whole right hand side was poor going forwards.

Origi - I love him but he could really do with swallowing some PCP or something, needs to believe in his physique more - if he played with real aggression he could absolutely dominate, like that break at the end where there's a bouncing ball - if he'd committed to that he might have come out with the ball, but in the end he just let the two City lads contest it and he does that kind of thing too often. Has all the tools but it's a question of confidence as to whether he'll become immense or merely useful.

Really want to give praise to Wijnaldium and Can though. The former was, along with Milner, the coolest head on the pitch and looked like he was playing in a different match at times. A hub of great possession, shielded the ball and emerged from tight pressing in control again and again, varied his passing and cut City open once or twice, probably his best performance for us in a season where he's just been getting better and better.

And Can, playing like that he's putting down an argument for a shift to 4-2-3-1 next season, or maybe even to take Henderson's place - it's a very tough call between those two but Can was physically immense, brutal in the tackle and showed an injection of pace and directness that tore City's midfield apart a few times, lovely to watch and also his best performance of the season.

As a final word, and I wouldn't usually mention opposition players, but Otamendi. Where the hell did that come from? He was utterly immense and saved them on so many occasions where it was either a well timed-tackle from him or an almost certain goal. Fair play to him. Stones, too, was solid and is starting to grow as a defender.

What a game, solid point, need to start picking up points against lesser teams now because, Everton aside, we've no more 'big' games left.

Excellent summation.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2017, 01:33:44 pm »
Match going fans and sensible posters on here I'm sure are positive about yesterday's performance and how we are progressing generally.

Attention seeking fannies can be spotted a mile away.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2017, 01:48:51 pm »
To those who thought we were poor.......

We were playing one of the three teams that has money to burn on players. The quality of their squad is better than ours. They are expecting to win the league whereas we aim to finish in the top 4.

We had periods where our play was superb. We could have scored 2 more goals. Our defence was up against Sterling, De Bruyne and Auguero and they handled them well. Firmino, Lallana, Mane, Can and Gini competed well and often cut right through City.

If you want to watch poor then watch a team that creates little and has a game plan of defending in numbers.

It was a good entertaining game. Obviously there were lots of things to improve but that was as much a product of the intensity of the game where both teams were fortunate to get a point.
#JFT97

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2017, 01:55:40 pm »
People are going to be disappointed. We had opportunities to win the game. A game that could be absolutely crucial. There's nothing wrong with disappointed with certain aspects after the game.

I think the part that grates with me is the constant need to scrutinise everything. People get lost in the minutia and lose sight of the bigger picture. I'm not sure how old or how long some of the supporters here have been following Liverpool but loads get lost in the here and now. The last few results and performances dictate their entire thought process about the club, player or manager.

As fans we should be looking at the past for examples of where patience has been rewarded. I think Klopp's reign so far has similarities with Gerard Houllier's. Both took over the team mid-season (I think both were October/November) and had 2/3rds of a season to assess the squad. To be fair, the 1998-99 was a pretty turgid affair and we ended up with 54 points. Plus we had that gut wrenching FA Cup defeat to United at Old Trafford. The next season we improved dramatically. We improved our league position by 3 places and our points tally by 13 points. That doesn't tell the whole story though. The season ended in huge disappointment. Mid-April we were really well placed to come 2nd. Last 6 games we failed to win any or even score a goal. It resulted in us coming 4th and missing a CL spot by 2 points. But you know what, despite people being massively disappointed  I don't remember people being as critical as some are now. The season after we had one of the best seasons in our history. Probably my most enjoyable as supporter of Liverpool. That heartache at the end of the 1999-2000 season was all part of the rebuilding process and the support the fans gave the players and manager must have been crucial.

I suppose my overarching point is that we are going through something similar now. Last season was better than 1999-2000 but it ended in disappointment. We made changes in the summer that improved us loads. Early on the season promised more than it does now. But we are building still and we are improving. Don't lose sight of the bigger picture because the recent performances and results aren't as good as earlier in the season. Klopp has shown enough promise to warrant support for himself and his players. What I'm very wary of is sections of the fans turning against Klopp before he's had a chance to complete the rebuilding job. Some of us turned very quickly against a man who won us the Champion's League so I wouldn't put anything past some of sections of our supporter base.

Very good post a lot of common sense in there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »
Sky and the media making out it was up there with a Newcastle 4-3 game.  It was a scrappy 1 - 1 with the odd stupid missed chances.

I suppose they have to tell you that so you think the subscriptions are worth it but I didn't really enjoy the game.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2017, 02:09:12 pm »

It was a scrappy 1 - 1 with the odd stupid missed chances.

.....but I didn't really enjoy the game.

If Lallana scored that golden chance at the end would you be saying the same thing?

It was a brilliant game for the neutral. As was our game against Arsenal a few weeks ago.

Out of interest what games do you think were better for the neutral.....2-0 versus Spurs, 3-1 versus Arsenal or 1-1 versus City? I know I enjoyed the 1st 2 games more but yesterday was the best game in terms of overall (attacking) quality on display. It was far away from a scrappy game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
To those who thought we were poor.......

We were playing one of the three teams that has money to burn on players. The quality of their squad is better than ours. They are expecting to win the league whereas we aim to finish in the top 4.

We had periods where our play was superb. We could have scored 2 more goals. Our defence was up against Sterling, De Bruyne and Auguero and they handled them well. Firmino, Lallana, Mane, Can and Gini competed well and often cut right through City.

If you want to watch poor then watch a team that creates little and has a game plan of defending in numbers.

It was a good entertaining game. Obviously there were lots of things to improve but that was as much a product of the intensity of the game where both teams were fortunate to get a point.

I thought the poor part was not closing the game out.

One Nil up to a team who played a huge CL game mid week and lost.

You are never going to get a better opportunity to counter attack than against

Stones       Otamendi

Yaya

Silva        De Bruyne

Klopp said it himself in the post match presser we should of finished them off instead we took our foot off their throat and then ended up under the cosh in the last twenty. Sure there were positives and I think we would of all took a point before kick off but at 1-0 up we should of been more ruthless and won the game.

We were very good for from about the 20th minute to the 70th but given we are playing one game a week should of steamrollered them at the end.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:23 pm »
Match going fans and sensible posters on here I'm sure are positive about yesterday's performance and how we are progressing generally.

Attention seeking fannies can be spotted a mile away.

Spot on.

Aww didums some of our poor let down 'fans' paid a sky subscription and didn't see us tear a very good expensivly assembled team apart. Not to mention a team with massive squad quality in depth and undoubtedly one of the top managers on the face of the earth.

Anyone saying we we're poor yesterday or didn't enjoy the game needs sectioning.

Great game of footy and both teams worked their fucking socks off. I can see some epic Jurgen v Pep duels in the future.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2017, 02:17:05 pm »
Seems I was in the minority and people were happy with our performance.

Fair enough, I really wasn't.

But it is rare we play badly against one of the top sides, so quite out of character.

I think I watched a different game to the rest of you.  I saw us make loads of mistakes, City could have scored plenty of goals, had a few penalties, our passing was poor.

It was a bad day in the office for us IMO. 

City were equally poor, but I don't care about their problems - I only care about ours.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2017, 02:20:05 pm »
Spot on.

Aww didums some of our poor let down 'fans' paid a sky subscription and didn't see us tear a very good expensivly assembled team apart. Not to mention a team with massive squad quality in depth and undoubtedly one of the top managers on the face of the earth.

Anyone saying we we're poor yesterday or didn't enjoy the game needs sectioning.

Great game of footy and both teams worked their fucking socks off. I can see some epic Jurgen v Pep duels in the future.
This.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:27 pm »
It was a scrappy 1 - 1 with the odd stupid missed chances.

How can anybody describe that game as scrappy? It was great. Played with such speed and intensity. Burnley last week was scrappy. Not this. Usually these big games are cagey. When Mourinho's involved they're even worse than cagey with the shithouse timewasting. This game was great fun(and torture).

We played our game well. We created great opportunities on the counter. Even took control of the possession game for a long period, away from home. And City are absolutely brilliant in using width and the space inside and outside the fullback to setup their low cross strategy. Everything that's good about both teams.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2017, 02:22:11 pm »
Thought we could've targeted Silva a bit more after his booking, there were a couple of instances where he had a nibble at players who'd gone past him but we seem to be too honest a team at the moment and were staying on our feet.  It's commendable, but if Can reacts to Toure like Aguero did to Matip then they're a man down.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:49:21 pm by tubby »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2017, 02:29:59 pm »
Don't usually like the phrase but this was a 'great advert for footy'. 2 good teams going for it and nobody went missing. Some tasty tackles and not much play acting, time wasting or shit house tactics.

Two smiling managers enjoying a totally believable hearty man hug at the end of the game. Total respect between them both.

Us and City are very lucky to have Jurgen and Pep opposed to that miserable whinging shit house in Salford. No wonder Everton and Utd have turned their bitterness level up to 11.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #750 on: March 20, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
Thought we could've targeted Silva a bit more after his booking, there where a couple of instances were he had a nibble at players who'd gone past him but we seem to be too honest a team at the moment and were staying on our feet.  It's commendable, but if Can reacts to Toure like Aguero did to Matip then they're a man down.

Couldn't agree more.

Silva spends the entire game trying to draw fouls, screeches every time he is tackled and then rolls around appealing for a booking. We get fouled even in the penalty area and half the time we don't even appeal. The most annoying part for me yesterday though was the number of times City tried to kill our counter attacks with Oliver waving play on but not going back to book the player when play stopped.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: March 20, 2017, 02:44:33 pm »
Our players dont get around the referee enough, when Can was assaulted by Toure our players should have been all over the referee but none of them were really bothered, was the same when Vardy went in on Mane a week or so ago

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #752 on: March 20, 2017, 02:52:02 pm »
Our players dont get around the referee enough, when Can was assaulted by Toure our players should have been all over the referee but none of them were really bothered, was the same when Vardy went in on Mane a week or so ago

Not just the Ref, our players should of been getting in to Toure as well.

Teams that win the title in this Country have to stand up for themselves and their team mates.

You look at our team and who would you want to be in the trenches with. When you look at it our most aggressive player is our 5ft 9 Winger.  Can, Hendo and Lovren can hold their own but all three are pretty quiet.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:36 pm »

Or maybe you can respect different opinions.

Although yesterday would have been great to watch for the neutral, not sure I "enjoyed" it as it was far to open for my liking.

I think we have played so well against the top sides this season, but yesterday I didn't.  I think you're entitled to have that opinion without being sectioned. 

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2017, 02:56:46 pm »
Or maybe you can respect different opinions.

Although yesterday would have been great to watch for the neutral, not sure I "enjoyed" it as it was far to open for my liking.

I think we have played so well against the top sides this season, but yesterday I didn't.  I think you're entitled to have that opinion without being sectioned. 

Your entitled to fuck all

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2017, 03:00:16 pm »
Your entitled to fuck all

I love the way we interact as a fan base now days. 

Classy!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »
It shows how far we've come when people are disappointed we haven't beaten one of the most expensive sides at their own ground.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:37 pm »
They were there for the taking. But we didn't have the composure to catch them. It was a hugely entertaining game but I didn't see the same amazing quality that the match of the day and sky pundits saw. Some really good attacking play from both teams and some rank defending. Can't complain with a point, though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: March 20, 2017, 03:10:55 pm »
They were there for the taking. But we didn't have the composure to catch them. It was a hugely entertaining game but I didn't see the same amazing quality that the match of the day and sky pundits saw. Some really good attacking play from both teams and some rank defending. Can't complain with a point, though.

De Bruyne's pass to Silva and his cross, Coutinho's pass to Firmino. It was pretty amazing.

Which other team bar Chelsea can claim to reah the level of those two teams yesterday?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #759 on: March 20, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »
It shows how far we've come when people are disappointed we haven't beaten one of the most expensive sides at their own ground.

Or the fact that they are W7 D6 L1 at home in the Premier League this season.

The Etihad used to be a fortress. This season they only have the 8th best home record in the League. Compare that to 10/11 when they won 18 and drew 1 of 19 Home games.

I thought we played pretty well but should of won from 1-0 up and certainly shouldn't of run out of steam against a team who played mid week away in Europe.
"Ohhh-kayyy"