Author Topic: Martin Tyler  (Read 19511 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Martin Tyler
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2022, 12:35:26 pm »
Cant stand his commentary at the best of times, knew he didn't like us (you don't have to) but was always curious why, now we know how deep that dislike runs. When you keep peddling the same shite at his age there's no hope. That's what he believes, take it to your grave then you old bastard.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #41 on: August 5, 2022, 12:46:42 pm »
Well done Reds jumping on this straight away.

Take us on at your peril....UEFA please note

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 5, 2022, 12:49:55 pm »
He’s apologised which is good. And he says he didn’t intend to connect hooliganism and hillsbrough. I think it’s important we give people the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing. I’m assuming he hasn’t made other remarks to this sort of effect in the past mind.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 5, 2022, 12:51:10 pm »
Unfortunately I think he'll be OK as he's put it down to a misunderstanding and apologised.  That will be enough to let him off any proper consequences.  He's still an outdated c**t though.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1555504230265495553?cxt=HHwWgoC9ueS2oZYrAAAA

Translation, I thought I could slip some snide dig past without people noticing, but have been called out for doing so and will now weasel my way out of it with a typical blame other people non-apology.

What an utter c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #44 on: August 5, 2022, 12:53:56 pm »
He’s apologised which is good. And he says he didn’t intend to connect hooliganism and hillsbrough. I think it’s important we give people the benefit of the doubt on this sort of thing. I’m assuming he hasn’t made other remarks to this sort of effect in the past mind.

:D

He's not an idiot. He knew full well what he was inferring, he knows full well the strength of feeling about Hillsborough and went on anyway to link the tragedy with hooliganism. I suspect knowing full well he could then give some withering apology (which by the way actually seems to be more 'sorry that you didn't understand what I said') and get on with his life, having implanted again the Hillsborough = Hooligans idea in peoples head. He's a hateful, spiteful old fucker and should have been put out to pasture years ago.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 5, 2022, 12:56:39 pm »
Ah that’s the apology. So typical these days. Why couldn’t he say’ ‘I gave the impression that there was a connection between hookiangism and hillsborough and I’m sorry. I didn’t intended to link them and I apologise for misspeaking in such a way. I’m so doing I contributed to a harmful and longstanding, but inaccurate, slur and I’m sorry for the hurt I caused’.

Because here’s the thing, it wasn’t a misunderstanding to read his words as linking the two, they actually did. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and accept apologies but people weren’t simply reading in a ‘sensitive’ fashion. They were hearing what he actually said.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 5, 2022, 12:57:58 pm »

It's important we give people the doubt on many things, but not on this sort of thing. There are so many other ways he could've said the Premier League was shortly after Hillsborough and hooliganism. He chose to say Hillsborough and OTHER hooliganism, clearly implying they were connected. Now he's saying it's our fault because we can't understand what he said.
Over 30 years people have been fighting for justice and the truth, and for 30 years he has been the voice of 'Premier League' football. Making a comment like that is inexcusable.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 5, 2022, 12:58:24 pm »
The man really is the c*nt's c*nt.

I really hope his cliquey cohorts pull him up publicly about this as well. They will be just as guilty if they don't.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #48 on: August 5, 2022, 12:59:02 pm »

That would be reasonable if these comments came from the ordinary Joe.  But Tyler has been a professional commentator for decades so is well aware of the importance of every word.  I find it very difficult to believe this was not a considered comment and a deliberate jibe at our fans, which would be consistent with the obvious dislike he has for LFC. His ‘efforts’ to sound even slightly excited when we score are generally laughable.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 5, 2022, 01:00:55 pm »
It's important we give people the doubt on many things, but not on this sort of thing. There are so many other ways he could've said the Premier League was shortly after Hillsborough and hooliganism. He chose to say Hillsborough and OTHER hooliganism, clearly implying they were connected. Now he's saying it's our fault because we can't understand what he said.
Over 30 years people have been fighting for justice and the truth, and for 30 years he has been the voice of 'Premier League' football. Making a comment like that is inexcusable.

Yeah, he should have actually apologised rather than apologising for misunderstanding taken rather than misunderstanding given.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 5, 2022, 01:03:35 pm »
Just go look back at the Martial goal to see what he really thinks of us. He couldn't give a fuck about Hillsborough, this is just an old man letting slip what his true views are. I'll never respect him, he should've been out of Sky years ago.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #51 on: August 5, 2022, 01:06:37 pm »
That would be reasonable if these comments came from the ordinary Joe.  But Tyler has been a professional commentator for decades so is well aware of the importance of every word.  I find it very difficult to believe this was not a considered comment and a deliberate jibe at our fans, which would be consistent with the obvious dislike he has for LFC. His ‘efforts’ to sound even slightly excited when we score are generally laughable.

Hopefully, the fans will let him know what they think of him, if he's ever commentating at Anfield again. Or even if he's not.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #52 on: August 5, 2022, 01:06:40 pm »
Cnut. and also the BBC for not challenging it at the time - which has occurred far too often over the years, and they still do nothing but issues inane hollow apologies...

'Martin Tyler apologises after appearing to link Hillsborough with hooliganism':-

Football commentator’s comments fiercely condemned
BBC says it should have robustly challenged Tyler

www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/05/martin-tyler-apologises-after-appearing-to-link-hillsborough-with-hooliganism

Tyler shit words on the BBC 'Today' program (https://twitter.com/StevesWorldLFC/status/1555490237220102145 - with audio of Martin Tyler on the BBC Today program):-

“It was a great adventure and 3,000 live matches later – not all commentated by me, thankfully for the public – it does seem like it worked,” Tyler said. “You have got to remember football was in a bit of a crisis at that time. We weren’t that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related issues as well, so it was very much a difficult time for the game generally.”

Tyler's apology later through Sky (https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1555508332588400644 - comments are turned off):-

Tyler, 76, drew widespread condemnation and he issued an apology through Sky. “This morning, while discussing various crises facing football 30 years ago, I referred to some examples including the Hillsborough disaster and also controversy over hooliganism at matches,” he said.

“These are two separate issues. There is no connection at all between the Hillsborough disaster and hooliganism – I know that, and I was not implying that there was. I apologise sincerely and wholeheartedly for any misunderstanding.”

^ interesting to note Tyler's comments were made on national radio - yet the supposed "apology" was made as a tweet-reply buried in amongst other news (with comments closed).

Fuck you Tyler - there is no "misunderstanding" at all.

His own words speak for themselves. His apology is hollow, meaningless, and is only an attempt to serve himself. There is no genuine or sincere apology there. No remorse either.

He is only sorry for you somehow misunderstanding his words - words of his which are abundantly clear and concise on the subject:-

"Hillsborough and other hooligan-related issues"

« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 04:33:34 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53 on: August 5, 2022, 01:09:26 pm »

you know what would be good, is if a high profile football ‘personality’ (I use the term lightly for him), would not say such utterly stupid, crass and thoughtless lie to begin with.

I get people make mistakes but there is NO excuse for what he said. Hillsborough has been one of the most sensitive issues in this sport for decades. No one involved for so long as he has been makes that comment, yet he did.  He knows what’s happened, he knows the lies that devestated the families and the people of the city and fans, so to make that ’slip’ perpetuating that lie is beyond comprehension.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #54 on: August 5, 2022, 01:09:58 pm »
^^^ When you read the comments in full like that from oojason it's hard to see why he even felt the need to mention Hillsborough as part of a time of "crisis" for football.

Like I said earlier, he's a c*nt and he knows exactly what a shite "apology" he's come out with as well, it's the usual "sorry if you misunderstood me" apology that people trot out when they don't give a shit.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 01:14:25 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 5, 2022, 01:18:34 pm »
As others have said I’d be more inclined to accept the apology and move on were it not for the fact that his job is knowing the right words and the right sequence to say them in to deliver his point (or allegedly anyway).

It’s at best negligent and at worst more sinister than that, i’d like to think it’s the former but who knows with him.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 5, 2022, 01:20:29 pm »
As others have said I’d be more inclined to accept the apology and move on were it not for the fact that his job is knowing the right words and the right sequence to say them in to deliver his point (or allegedly anyway).

It’s at best negligent and at worst more sinister than that, i’d like to think it’s the former but who knows with him.

No way is it negligent.  If it was, the apology would have been instant, sincere, heartfelt.  It was none of those things.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 5, 2022, 01:26:03 pm »
Storm in a tea cup, I think he’s just worded it clumsily. He does say ‘other’ and ‘as well’. Find it hard to be outraged at that.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 5, 2022, 01:32:16 pm »
Storm in a tea cup, I think he’s just worded it clumsily. He does say ‘other’ and ‘as well’. Find it hard to be outraged at that.

Your mask is slipping

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #59 on: August 5, 2022, 01:32:32 pm »

Mhm, of course you do.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #60 on: August 5, 2022, 01:34:35 pm »

Surely those are the exact words people SHOULD feel outraged by? By using those words he's literally put Hillsborough in the same bracket as "hooligan-related issues".
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #61 on: August 5, 2022, 01:36:02 pm »

He's grouping them together. Hillsborough and other...

They shouldn't be grouped together, that's the outrage.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #62 on: August 5, 2022, 01:36:23 pm »
The thing with him is he's a long-standing professional commentator. He makes his living via the use of words, so he fully understands the subtleties of their use.

I suspect, although hope I'm wrong, that his real feelings leaked out through how he framed what he said. Possibly subconsciously rather than consciously. He now claims no link between Hillsborough and hooliganism, but how he framed his words actually said otherwise.

Are we now to believe that this long-standing professional commentator whose living is based on words and conveying them to create added drama is now suddenly so clumsy, or do we assume he knew exactly what he was doing?

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 5, 2022, 01:36:37 pm »

Leave out the word 'other' and there is no issue. By including it, he is saying they were related. If you aren't outraged, that quite simply suggests you couldn't give a fuck that fans are still being blamed 33 years on.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #64 on: August 5, 2022, 01:39:34 pm »
Leave out the word 'other' and there is no issue. By including it, he is saying they were related. If you aren't outraged, that quite simply suggests you couldn't give a fuck that fans are still being blamed 33 years on.

He probably doesn't mate.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 5, 2022, 01:43:08 pm »

Genuine question, is English your native/first language? 

Do you understand the meaning of the word 'other' in this context?  Do you understand that if he'd used the word 'and' and not included 'other' the meaning and implication would have been vastly different?

Also, do you understand the implications of what he was saying by explicitly linking the two?  Do you understand the history behind what happened at Hillsborough, and the falsehoods and blame attached to Liverpool fans? Do you understand the campaign that has been running since then to establish in court that there is no blame to apportion to Liverpool fans on the day? Do you understand when people link hooliganism to Hillsborough that it's a slur (usually deliberate) against Liverpool fans (and football fans in general)?

Just want to ensure there's no misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 01:45:29 pm by JC the Messiah »
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 5, 2022, 01:45:51 pm »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

We regret that we did not robustly challenge Martin Tyler on a comment which appeared to link Hillsborough & hooliganism. Martin has since apologised for the comment & clarified that these were separate examples & he did not intend to conflate the two.

His intent is irrelevant; the damage is done, it always is.

He should never be allowed inside Anfield again, and the club should protest him ever commentating on our games again.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #67 on: August 5, 2022, 01:47:50 pm »
What he said was framed in such a way that it makes the link, but leaves enough room for him to go on to claim it's the reader/viewer who is at fault for misinterpreting. So, it will hurt those that matter, and be explained away by those who would like to see us hurting whilst suggesting we are playing the victim.

Basically, it plays into the establishment narrative on the disaster.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 5, 2022, 01:48:14 pm »
His intent is irrelevant; the damage is done, it always is.

He should never be allowed inside Anfield again, and the club should protest him ever commentating on our games again.

Of course there was intent.  If he was a foreign journalist or commentator without decades of knowledge and experience of working in English football, then maybe it could have been unintentional.  The onus was on him to get it right.  The fact he said what he said, and there wasn't an instant and sincere apology and embarrassment, shows what he really thinks and that he meant what he said.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 5, 2022, 01:49:39 pm »
Remember, words are his craft.  He might be a crap commentator, but he is very skilled with words. He certainly understands how words can be used and interpreted.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 5, 2022, 01:51:16 pm »
Would have been hard to forgive even if he gave a sincere apology. The arrogant fossil couldn't even do that.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 5, 2022, 01:51:32 pm »
Hope this finishes the c*nt
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 5, 2022, 01:53:53 pm »
Would have been hard to forgive even if he gave a sincere apology. The arrogant fossil couldn't even do that.

A johnson-esque apology. Not sincere, no hint of embarrassment or remorse.  Just sorry he was called out. c*nt.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #73 on: August 5, 2022, 01:54:21 pm »
Hope this finishes the c*nt

It won't. He didn't even apologise to anybody who might have been offended by it, only to his employers.

He's there until he dies I reckon, seriously. If he's doing Friday night football tonight he'll probably bring it up for a few seconds and be called 'a class act' or something for even acknowledging it. Arl c*nt.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 5, 2022, 01:55:11 pm »
Yeah it just seems implausible you can say it was a simple mix up, it was a freudian slip at the very least. I mean this whole thing about how you can be talking about something unrelated is one thing but when you actually put something else in place of the word Hillsborough it would not make sense.

I mean would it make sense for him to say "it was not long after the world cup and other hooligan related issues as well"? It doesn't fit or make sense unless he was consciously or subconsciously clearly having Hillsborough related with hooliganism in mind.

Would have been better to say he was pissed or on medication or something, problem is he has come out with his excuse now which doesn't seem to wash.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #75 on: August 5, 2022, 01:57:00 pm »
We play Palace at home on Sky on 15th August (live on $ky).

Can't see him turning up for that one.

What an arse of a man.

fc
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 01:59:22 pm by flyingcod »
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 5, 2022, 01:59:00 pm »

“Hillsborough and other hooligan related issues”.

It's very clever, really. Stick a comma in so that it says,  “Hillsborough and other, hooligan related issues”, and it loses much of its sting. Most people will read the quote rather than hearing it, so some will wonder what the fuss is about.

The man's a fucking match commentator. He should know how to speak. At the very least it betrays a careless, snide mindset that just lumps disasters in together. At worst it shows outright ignorance and entrenched beliefs.

I bet he wouldn't have said  “The Bradford Fire and other hooligan related issues”.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #77 on: August 5, 2022, 01:59:14 pm »
Just shows the kind of ignorance we have in journalism these days. BBC interviewers are often very slow to challenge remarks made by interviewees, especially politicians, or they'll challenge them woth some irrelevant nonsense.

If the BBC are going to invite 'experts' onto their programmes, they should damn well make sure they actually know their subject.

Tyler has shown either he knows fuck all, or he is simply a c*nt. Either way he should be fucked off the telly. :wanker
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 5, 2022, 02:01:47 pm »
It won't. He didn't even apologise to anybody who might have been offended by it, only to his employers.

He's there until he dies I reckon, seriously. If he's doing Friday night football tonight he'll probably bring it up for a few seconds and be called 'a class act' or something for even acknowledging it. Arl c*nt.

You're probably right. The snide c*nt should've been put out to pasture years ago but he's some sort of national treasure
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 5, 2022, 02:02:13 pm »
Having just listened to it, I didn't think he was trying to conflate the two things. To my ear the "other" and "as well" sounded like a separator rather than a joiner. But I'm not a language expert.

The thing is I can hear it the other way too, and that's where the problem lies. Tyler is a professional and words are his livelihood. He should know better.

What I think we can all agree on is that whether he meant to or not, we as fans cannot allow ambiguity to be an excuse. We have to make sure that any and all media are left in no doubt that if we detect even the hint of misrepresentation, we'll come down on them with everything we've got.