Poll

Who wins each match? Max_powers v Drinks Sangria / Chakan v fucking appalled / Adz LFC v PoetryInMotion / Lastrador v Hazell

Max_powers vs
9 (11.8%)
Drinks Sangria
8 (10.5%)
Chakan vs
10 (13.2%)
fucking appalled
10 (13.2%)
Adz LFC vs
14 (18.4%)
PoetryInMotion
6 (7.9%)
Lastrador vs
9 (11.8%)
Hazell
10 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 17, 2021, 08:32:21 pm

Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft - Round of 16 (Matches 1-4)  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Ultimate Multi Club Draft - Round of 16 (Matches 1-4)
« on: October 16, 2021, 08:03:11 pm »
Please remember to vote for one option per match and that players should be judged on their whole careers / in their prime!

Match 1: Max_powers v Drinks Sangria

Max_powers

vs

Drinks Sangria

Match 2: Chakan v fucking appalled

Chakan

vs

fucking appalled

Match 3: Adz LFC v PoetryInMotion

Adz LFC

vs

PoetryInMotion

Match 4: Lastrador v Hazell

Lastrador

vs

Hazell

I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft - Round of 16 (Matches 1-4)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 08:07:19 pm »
The voting allows you to vote on only 1 game. May have to recreate the vote

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:08:46 pm »
Ahhh ffs where does it say that?!

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:09:47 pm »
Do I need to allow 4 votes per user I take it?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 08:11:32 pm »
Do I need to allow 4 votes per user I take it?

Yes. Just create new thread and delete this one

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 08:14:14 pm »
Yes. Just create new thread and delete this one

Won't let me! Just says this...

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot delete your own topics in this board. Check to make sure this topic wasn't just moved to another board.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 08:16:34 pm »
Won't let me! Just says this...

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot delete your own topics in this board. Check to make sure this topic wasn't just moved to another board.

Can you just lock voting, Change the title to say that the poll is not valid and create a new thread.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 01:02:58 am »
DS's team may look good on paper, but we have seen that Mbappe + Messi + Neymar attack struggled against the likes of Angers and Rennes. Hazard is just a worse Neymar. They stand no chance against Moore and Stam.  8)

Veron, Zidane, and Rivellino creating chances for Lewandowski = Guaranteed goals.

Heynckes adds pace down the wing and a goal threat of his own. McDermott also was a prolific goal scorer at his peak.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 07:02:20 am »
Some batshit crazy voting as per

No way my team loses that, a right back and an attacking midfielder against Falcao and Verratti :D But….PIM getting absolutely slaughtered! You’d think he’d selected Lingard and Tony Hibbert
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 07:30:59 am »

No way my team loses that, a right back and an attacking midfielder against Falcao and Verratti :D But….PIM getting absolutely slaughtered! You’d think he’d selected Lingard and Tony Hibbert

People don't bother to read up on older players. I don't see the point of all-time drafts here at all. Also the opponent's midfield and full-backs are so top heavy, that I pay the price for picking a balanced side with threat from wide areas and the middle. It's incredible. I'm not doing one of these in some time. Recent drafts have been a bit too 'flaky' for me in terms of voting if you wouldn't mind.

Before the 80s, it's like people vote for 4-5 usual suspect players in most positions and then are blank about the others. If it's 80s or later, then even mediocre players seem like greats here. I'm not that old, but if nobody believes in research for voting, then it makes no sense doing research while drafting. Throw in a few popular players of the last three decades and there you go. I'm done.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:41:26 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 07:34:03 am »

You have put together some great teams in past few drafts, yet gone out early almost every time. What have you done to anger so many Rawkites.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 08:33:13 am »

You have put together some great teams in past few drafts, yet gone out early almost every time. What have you done to anger so many Rawkites.

Do you not read every other thread on these boards?

I haven’t voted yet, I’m not being blamed for this. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 08:47:39 am »

That anti-Lobo lot are little slugs! Little slugs with no personalities just jealous that I’m better at everything than them!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 08:57:37 am »
Interesting teams.
Max has a good team. DS has a great team. wow but it has Messi and messi is just a horrible human being. I can't vote against his team but i can't vote for a team with messi in it either.  I also can't vote against max for fear of him taking it personal...DRAW!!

Chakan really showed his ring rust here. When i seen Kenny and Muller i thought holy shit a win on his return but then he went full chakan as it went on, he does this in drafts :D we missed you baby you know it's true! and fucked up. Lobo not sure about recoba out there but no way are you losing this. games gone mad

Adz front 3 are horn inducing but he really has dropped Cambiasso in it there. PIM with a nice solid outfit. PIM WIN!

Hazells team is lovely. Very disappointing to see a team like that put together by such a horrible bastard. HAZELL WIN

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 08:59:25 am »
 :lmao can't believe that ADZ result

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 09:18:35 am »
People don't bother to read up on older players. I don't see the point of all-time drafts here at all. Also the opponent's midfield and full-backs are so top heavy, that I pay the price for picking a balanced side with threat from wide areas and the middle. It's incredible. I'm not doing one of these in some time. Recent drafts have been a bit too 'flaky' for me in terms of voting if you wouldn't mind.

Before the 80s, it's like people vote for 4-5 usual suspect players in most positions and then are blank about the others. If it's 80s or later, then even mediocre players seem like greats here. I'm not that old, but if nobody believes in research for voting, then it makes no sense doing research while drafting. Throw in a few popular players of the last three decades and there you go. I'm done.

Firstly mate, I hope you’re not serious about being done with the drafting. I personally enjoy seeing the variety of teams being assembled and as a “younger” drafter myself, like to discover new names etc.

However, with regards to your comment about top heavy full backs - whilst I agree they are more attack minded, it’s not as if I’ve shoehorned in a couple of wingers at full back! Both players have a combined total of 259 appearances for their respective international sides (Srna 134 + R Carlos 125) over a 14 year period. I intentionally drafted attacking full backs as well, to provide the natural width in this diamond set up.

Similarly in midfield, I know I’ve opted for silky operators (who doesn’t want to see their team on the front foot!) but have done so safe in the knowledge of an out and out DM behind them.

Ultimately, I’ve ended up with a team full of goals, creativity, serial winners etc but most importantly to me they’d be fun as fuck to watch ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 09:29:07 am »
I was once like you PiM….but the selection IS the draft. That’s where you get to show off, fuck the results.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 09:36:24 am »
Lobo easily has one of the five best teams in this draft with players in their natural positions but I can't say I'm surprised anymore. We probably should have public ranked-choice voting instead  :wave

For me Adz vs PIM was super close. I'm surprised there's a runaway there.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:38:22 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 10:55:30 am »
Hazells team is lovely. Very disappointing to see a team like that put together by such a horrible bastard. HAZELL WIN

Thanking you kindly (for the complement about my team).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 01:26:23 pm »
I don’t think Eusebio gets the love he should on here.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 02:04:56 pm »
That anti-Lobo lot are little slugs! Little slugs with no personalities just jealous that I’m better at everything than them!

It bothers me to see this, honestly. 

The last three drafts (that I have been a part of) are notable to me because Lobo was very clever in his picks - way ahead in most categories.

Not sure if this is jealously or people taking him down before he can become dangerous in a final --- but this has to stop.   This kinda thing happens a lot -- and was one of the reasons for the Anonymous style-type drafts

If there wasn't a pattern, then I wouldn't post on this.   

On the other hand, I give Chakan a great deal of credit here!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:08:52 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 02:06:05 pm »
I was once like you PiM….but the selection IS the draft. That’s where you get to show off, fuck the results.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:09:18 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 02:10:22 pm »
I honestly don’t know who wins and who goes out from draft to draft. Are there really suspicious voting patterns?

I did vote for Lobo here though, strong looking team. Also went Max, PIM and Hazell.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 02:15:27 pm »
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want to vote for Lobo. I can't think of anybody on RAWK who finds him disagreeable.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 02:21:01 pm »
I honestly don’t know who wins and who goes out from draft to draft. Are there really suspicious voting patterns?

I did vote for Lobo here though, strong looking team. Also went Max, PIM and Hazell.

Its a mild anti-Lobo bias more than suspicious voting patterns --- but look at his last few teams (they have been well-built, very good squads).

This one

Last one - LFC draft

The one before - Domestic Footballers Draft (I somehow beat Lobo - and I thought it was unfair at the time - should have not voted for mysefl)

Legendary Manager Final too - lost 10-8 (not egregious but debatable)  Lobo- Giovanni Trappatoni[/b] vs Drinks Sangria - Kenny Dalglish

Even back to awhile - Lobo lost here 14- 3 in the 10 Cap Split Draft

Lobo
Nick
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:40:38 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »
Well it was 10-6 now it's 10-10 so who knows

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 02:37:45 pm »

Fair dos to you too Chakan - not having a go at you in any way shape or form.   It's just that Lobo's comments deserve someone to stick up for them (beyond this draft) as there is some truth in past drafts.

Whether it is reflected here, I don't know - but I did see the 10-6 score earlier as you state.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »

He’s cried it in again hasn’t he?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 02:42:30 pm »
This is a bit odd Trend :D It’s not ‘odd voting patterns’ it’s just….it is what it is. I can’t wind people up and then get upset when my better teams don’t win….. That Legendary Managers one was mental though!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 02:46:07 pm »
Firstly mate, I hope you’re not serious about being done with the drafting. I personally enjoy seeing the variety of teams being assembled and as a “younger” drafter myself, like to discover new names etc.

However, with regards to your comment about top heavy full backs - whilst I agree they are more attack minded, it’s not as if I’ve shoehorned in a couple of wingers at full back! Both players have a combined total of 259 appearances for their respective international sides (Srna 134 + R Carlos 125) over a 14 year period. I intentionally drafted attacking full backs as well, to provide the natural width in this diamond set up.

Similarly in midfield, I know I’ve opted for silky operators (who doesn’t want to see their team on the front foot!) but have done so safe in the knowledge of an out and out DM behind them.

Ultimately, I’ve ended up with a team full of goals, creativity, serial winners etc but most importantly to me they’d be fun as fuck to watch ;D

I didn't mean to put down your team mate, but it has Deco and Socrates as CMs. That's not being silky, it simply won't work in a real football game. On top of this, you have your FBs as the only providers of width, who will be going up and at times being caught upfield as well. I have two all-time great wingers and two world class full-backs, the four of them will eat your wide areas. You're asking Cambiasso to do 4 men's job. Just that, my team was more balanced, had players in their positions, had goalscorers, crossers, playmakers, passers, defensively solid players and all and yet, the voting was completely disproportionate.

If it was an isolated scenario, I wouldn't have mentioned. It's just that teams aren't voted on quality and balance, but based on some favorite player picks who are popular in the draft circle and some teams who are expansive even if the balance is not right. If it's an all-time draft, trying out different players should not be frowned upon.

I'm not giving up drafting, but I feel I need a break from this. My last three drafts have been voted disproportionately, so either I need to revisit my drafting ways or the voting needs to be revisited. Either way, a break will do good.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:09:15 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2021, 02:46:53 pm »
Zanetti isn't a "right back" btw.

But is what it is...

I don't know the voting patterns since this is my first draft in about a year so can't comment.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2021, 02:58:58 pm »
He was a right back. He played like 80% of his career there. He was Lahm and Kimmich before they were even a thing….but he was still a right back.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2021, 03:08:52 pm »
He was a right back. He played like 80% of his career there. He was Lahm and Kimmich before they were even a thing….but he was still a right back.

Agree to disagree then.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2021, 03:16:06 pm »
Trend Lobo is walking you down the garden path!! ;D Ive often sat there and thought to meself that Lobo should be a shoe in for matches and possibly have won a draft or two but he is a human. Lobo stunk out that legendary manager draft with that team. Samie levels of stinking out. You think only samie could make a balls of having a draft laid on his lap and then lobo goes and squats on the dinner table and takes a massive dump on it, and in all our eyeballs in the process. That match with Nick looks like it could be close too but 14-3?? hard done by there alright.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2021, 03:17:12 pm »
Am i losing me marbles here or did you actually win a draft with Zanetti at left back??!!

edit, no you got as far as a semi final with him there, the Maradona draft!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:31:10 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2021, 03:24:18 pm »
Agree to disagree then.

Curious what he was then? He played most of his career as one.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2021, 03:57:37 pm »
Am i losing me marbles here or did you actually win a draft with Zanetti at left back??!!

edit, no you got as far as a semi final with him there, the Maradona draft!!

Yeah one of the best left backs ever that lad (can you make sure I never selected him as a midfielder :D)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2021, 04:12:58 pm »
The anti Lastrador bias is apparent. The voting patterns are suspect. I expect a Trend's eulogy of my current team and past teams to get me over the line. Ta

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2021, 04:14:45 pm »
That unbreakable Lawrenson Nicol axis working wonders for me even back against Lobo. Have no recollection of that one!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2021, 04:19:44 pm »

Interesting teams.
Max has a good team. DS has a great team. wow but it has Messi and messi is just a horrible human being. I can't vote against his team but i can't vote for a team with messi in it either.  I also can't vote against max for fear of him taking it personal...DRAW!!

Chakan really showed his ring rust here. When i seen Kenny and Muller i thought holy shit a win on his return but then he went full chakan as it went on, he does this in drafts :D we missed you baby you know it's true! and fucked up. Lobo not sure about recoba out there but no way are you losing this. games gone mad

Adz front 3 are horn inducing but he really has dropped Cambiasso in it there. PIM with a nice solid outfit. PIM WIN!

There's one for you too.