The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

<< < (952/966) > >>

lionel_messias:

--- Quote from: spider-neil on May 19, 2022, 08:27:02 am ---I'm not saying Ox won't be sold as that is very likely but players have come back from a worse position than he finds himself in now. Keita was hauled off at half vs Real Madrid and wasn't seen again for the rest of the season and a season later he has fought his way back into the first team.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't feel like that, to be fair to the Ox. Feels like something has changed and Klopp doesn't make any room for him. Sadly for the guy injuries have taken their toll. Naby is that bit younger and dynamic, for a Klopp midfield berth.

Will wish AOC all the best as he surely must look for pastures new where he can play some regular football; seems a decent fella too.

CanuckYNWA:

--- Quote from: lionel_messias on May 19, 2022, 01:16:03 pm ---Doesn't feel like that, to be fair to the Ox. Feels like something has changed and Klopp doesn't make any room for him. Sadly for the guy injuries have taken their toll. Naby is that bit younger and dynamic, for a Klopp midfield berth.

Will wish AOC all the best as he surely must look for pastures new where he can play some regular football; seems a decent fella too.

--- End quote ---

Naby and Ox are also very different in that Naby fits our system and style and was bought for that reason

Ox was bought prolly in part to help with english quota and the hope he could be versatile enough to play a multitude of positions, before his injury he was an alright RW back-up but after that he hasnt been close to that. Hes a 10 trying to play a 8 now and it doesnt work

Hes a good player but he needs to play the 10, its his best position. We sadly dont play a 10 so he needs to find a club who play 4-2-3-1

redmark:

--- Quote from: CanuckYNWA on May 19, 2022, 02:52:02 pm ---Naby and Ox are also very different in that Naby fits our system and style and was bought for that reason

Ox was bought prolly in part to help with english quota and the hope he could be versatile enough to play a multitude of positions, before his injury he was an alright RW back-up but after that he hasnt been close to that. Hes a 10 trying to play a 8 now and it doesnt work

Hes a good player but he needs to play the 10, its his best position. We sadly dont play a 10 so he needs to find a club who play 4-2-3-1

--- End quote ---
His best season/performances for us have been as an 8, but in the rather more 'heavy metal' incarnation of the side, where he could drive into space. Our evolution to more possession based football hasn't suited him so much.

mrantarctica:
He's still had some fine moments even after all his injuries. Unfortunately he's struggled for consistency. Too many of his performances this season haven't been good. He's been wasteful in possession and he doesn't quite get the ball back enough or do enough initiating the press up the pitch. He's also been played infrequently, perhaps out of position and generally in cup teams with other players who are a bit cold as well. It's telling that JK things he's in tremendous shape and yet he doesn't get on the pitch.

That being said, he's conducted himself really professionally and I'm sure a valued member of the squad, even if he doesn't play. His career isn't over, there are other clubs to play for and make his mark on the game. Sometimes, just moving to a club where there's slightly less competition and playing less frequently can be the difference. Look at Lallana. He's played more games in 2 seasons at Brighton than he achieved in 3 seasons here. I sometimes wonder whether he could even go to a club like Roma as Abraham has done. I think he'd tear it up there in an AM role.

him_15:
Sadly I think it is time for him to depart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version