Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589963 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4480 on: October 28, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »
It was nice to hear from Lallana last night, but I don't agree with you here Charlie.

No one wants crap football pundits (and lord knows we have more than a few) but ex-Liverpool players who become pundits should be under no special obligation to show 'respect' or love or generosity towards Liverpool. They should be fair-minded, yes, but they should also be independent. Those working for LFC.tv have an obligation of loyalty but no independent journalist should owe loyalty to anything but the truth as they see it.

And, personally, as much as I enjoyed hearing Crouchie and Lallana talk about Liverpool I was a little bit aware of the encroaching 'cringe factor'. There's nothing worse than hearing a cosy conversation about your own club. It so easily degenerates into cliche and falsity. LFC.tv suffers from this every time they interview a new signing. "What about our special atmosphere?" etc etc. It makes you blush with shame.

That’s fair enough, I cut that post a bit short because my tea was ready and meant to say a bit more  ;)

No problem whatsoever with constructive criticism or decent quality analysis and insight.  I struggle  when ex players push agendas or offer superficial analysis without context. A good example was when Rafa was under pressure and the likes of Whelen were happy to be laying into him.

More recently we have had Hamann aiming shots at Klopp.

I think your journalism point is interesting because precious few ex players actually act like journalists. Come to think of it, even supposed actual journalists in the world of football struggle to act like journalists! Witness the stuff Stu Brennan regularly comes up with.

I admit that I’ll defend the club and am biased, but it’s usually when I perceive that people are unfairly critiquing the club, manager or players. If its well thought out and fair there no issue from me, but all too often it’s people using the club and it’s profile for their own ends. We’re massively newsworthy and it’s unfortunately the price we have to pay.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4481 on: October 29, 2020, 12:39:44 pm »
It was nice to hear from Lallana last night, but I don't agree with you here Charlie.

No one wants crap football pundits (and lord knows we have more than a few) but ex-Liverpool players who become pundits should be under no special obligation to show 'respect' or love or generosity towards Liverpool. They should be fair-minded, yes, but they should also be independent. Those working for LFC.tv have an obligation of loyalty but no independent journalist should owe loyalty to anything but the truth as they see it.

And, personally, as much as I enjoyed hearing Crouchie and Lallana talk about Liverpool I was a little bit aware of the encroaching 'cringe factor'. There's nothing worse than hearing a cosy conversation about your own club. It so easily degenerates into cliche and falsity. LFC.tv suffers from this every time they interview a new signing. "What about our special atmosphere?" etc etc. It makes you blush with shame.
Agreed in general, but I felt Tuesday at least, Crouchie was fair and impartial, without being insulting or turning his association into a personal opportunity for himself.

I think that's why public opinion is rapidly turning against Carragher, because of the Sky association and the utter shite he spouts, probably because that's the only way he keeps his job.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4482 on: October 19, 2021, 03:11:22 pm »
I don't watch Brighton, but is their current good position in the PL table a lot down to Adam's involvement?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: October 19, 2021, 04:21:22 pm »
I don't watch Brighton, but is their current good position in the PL table a lot down to Adam's involvement?

He's looked very good playing central midfield this season. Finally getting a run of games consistently.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4484 on: October 29, 2021, 12:15:49 pm »
Klopp on Adam Lallana, previously of Liverpool, now back playing for tomorrow’s opponents Brighton: “Adam set the standard from the first day to the last. This type of work ethic is really rare ... he is one of the best players I ever worked with and if he had not had so many injuries he would have been even better ... I’m really looking forward to seeing him again.”
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4485 on: October 29, 2021, 12:26:56 pm »
Klopp on Adam Lallana, previously of Liverpool, now back playing for tomorrow’s opponents Brighton: “Adam set the standard from the first day to the last. This type of work ethic is really rare ... he is one of the best players I ever worked with and if he had not had so many injuries he would have been even better ... I’m really looking forward to seeing him again.”

Big reception from the Kop on Saturday I expect.

I will always remember Lallana's interview after Klopp's first match in charge at Tottenham.  He said something along the lines of "We are all professional footballers so we have to be fit enough to meet his demands." It was interesting because he was answering an imaginary question. It was clear that the squad had been given a crash-course in what was expected from the new regime and that it demanded a lot more from their bodies (and minds too). Lallana was one of the select few who immediately responded of course. What a player. Yet another nail in the coffin of that old, discredited British adage that footballers were either artists or workhorses. He was both. Klopp's not interested in players who aren't.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: October 29, 2021, 01:31:57 pm »
Big reception from the Kop on Saturday I expect.

I will always remember Lallana's interview after Klopp's first match in charge at Tottenham.  He said something along the lines of "We are all professional footballers so we have to be fit enough to meet his demands." It was interesting because he was answering an imaginary question. It was clear that the squad had been given a crash-course in what was expected from the new regime and that it demanded a lot more from their bodies (and minds too). Lallana was one of the select few who immediately responded of course. What a player. Yet another nail in the coffin of that old, discredited British adage that footballers were either artists or workhorses. He was both. Klopp's not interested in players who aren't.

Is right.

Lallana got it instantly, played it out on the pitch, and it's a shame he picked up injuries at a faster rate than most. I could watch him for days on end, even now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: October 29, 2021, 01:37:42 pm »
He's looked very good playing central midfield this season. Finally getting a run of games consistently.
It's bloody annoying that he puts his injury worries behind him after he leaves. Lovely player. Wish he could have stayed fit with us.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: September 8, 2022, 04:26:09 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4489 on: September 8, 2022, 07:29:16 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4490 on: February 15, 2024, 07:32:57 pm »
Just bumped into Lallana and his boy in Hove.

Tremendously handsome man.
:D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4491 on: February 15, 2024, 07:40:46 pm »

And what did you say to him?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4492 on: February 15, 2024, 08:03:18 pm »
And what did you say to him?

"How you doin'?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4493 on: February 15, 2024, 10:49:55 pm »
:D

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: March 13, 2024, 12:57:10 pm »

Who? Adam, or his boy?

To be fair, we have had a fair number of film-actor looking types in recent years. Off the top of my bonce:
Alisson
Emre Can
Markovic
Gini
Darwin

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: March 13, 2024, 01:50:16 pm »
Who? Adam, or his boy?

To be fair, we have had a fair number of film-actor looking types in recent years. Off the top of my bonce:
Alisson
Emre Can
Markovic
Gini
Darwin

Dom Szobo could definitely have been in film noirs in the 40s (as long as he's not in charge of wardrobe!)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4496 on: March 13, 2024, 02:15:25 pm »
Dom Szobo could definitely have been in film noirs in the 40s (as long as he's not in charge of wardrobe!)

Berger
Morientes
Reidle
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: March 13, 2024, 02:48:24 pm »
Yep, good shout.

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #4498 on: April 1, 2024, 04:55:23 pm »
Was nice to hear him speak before the game yesterday about his time here and how he is desperate for Liverpool to win the league. Great guy.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4499 on: April 1, 2024, 06:20:22 pm »
Was nice to hear him speak before the game yesterday about his time here and how he is desperate for Liverpool to win the league. Great guy.

He's always been quality, Adam.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4500 on: April 1, 2024, 06:30:55 pm »

Good lad Adam. He clearly bonded with Klopp even more than the norm when he was here.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: April 1, 2024, 07:09:38 pm »

Loved it when the referred to being at Anfield as coming home.

Still professional enough to say they wanted to beat us though.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4502 on: April 1, 2024, 08:42:56 pm »
Who? Adam, or his boy?

Alisson
Emre Can
Markovic
Gini
Darwin

Beard-Xabi has to be on that list as well...
Nando as well. Half of RAWK were madly in love with him. The other half was just in love.