Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Hopefully he's still in a spa! What a toll this job has.

He deserves so much better when you think how close he took us to multiple titles. When he goes the usual suspects will say he should have won more, not even mentioning the 115 Charges FC.
We really shouldn't be looking at this squad and thinking we need quite a few in. I'd say 3/4 max is where the budget should be going

I agree, we really shouldn't, particularly with our forwards. I think we need another forward in that will start every game. At whose expense, I'm not sure, but our already freshened forward line looks like it needs further refreshing. That absolutely should not be the case, yet here we are.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by Draex on Today at 11:38:19 am »
The fourth game in a row that we've not scored from open play and none of the opposition have been particularly strong (albeit Atalanta were very well organised).  Apart from Mo's misplaced lob - that from memory came from us pinching the ball on the halfway line - we created nothing.  The final 20 minutes were gruelling as we repeatedly struggled to get across the halfway line.

The next three games are also all against teams that like to sit in and counter attack (Fulham, Everton and West Ham).

I don't know what the solution is.  When we play riskier passes we get shredded on the break and when we play safe passes we eventually get crowded out.  Maybe committing fewer players forward but getting the ball forward quicker so that players like Darwin can operate in a bit of space.

I just don't think the players trust eachother, everyone is playing with the thought "I can't fuck up because.." Defenders know forwards aren't scoring, forwards know defences is conceeding goals, midfield trying to cover far too much ground. Klopp built his team based on being utterly brave on and off the ball, any one player being hesitant and it falls appart.

That's why Trent was a breah of fresh air, he'd try the hard balls, he ran through midfield, he just ran out of gash.
The Boozer / Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Last post by RedSince86 on Today at 11:38:08 am »
Are Nissan GT-R's depreciating quickly because I've seen my 4th one this week. :o

Former LFC Players / Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Last post by xbugawugax on Today at 11:37:38 am »
Chapter One in my new book Why You Shouldn't Get Too Excited About Transfers Based Entirely On Underlying Stats And Comparison Charts

Think even if he'd played every game for us he'd have been pretty disappointing given how hyped up he was. Then again, his level dropped for an entire season before he arrived, so maybe we should have paid more attention to that instead of assuming that he was just struggling to motivate himself for a team he knew he was leaving.

he was pretty good at redbull and it wasnt all stats and charts. Klopp approved so he must have been a decent character to have passed that test. Or maybe even klopp can be wrong sometimes.

anyway think his next move should be somewhere that is dry and clubs not accountable when it comes to finances. He could just do the bogarde til he retires where he could build a school or upgrade his whole village with his earnings.
Yeah the general tone in those threads is bad. I steer clear of the player threads at the moment anyway but ones like the title run in and the Klopp threads  are so negative.

I get that people are upset and disappointed. We all are. But the overall tone and revisionism in there comes a a bit if a shock. Nothing to report to mods and everyone is entitled to their view. Think I’m maybe surprised that I seem to be out of kilter with the general consensus.
It's mad that a football forum and the worst part of it is the football section. Pre game, in game, after the match it never feels "quite right". Sections have certain opinions on individuals which get brought up any time we don't succeed (as if it's pre planned).

I'd like to think that people do want success at LFC at the crux of it. Some have a bizarre way of expressing it though.

General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by thaddeus on Today at 11:36:37 am »
Utterly unsustainable

And while the fans wait, the club’s day-to-day operations have been funded by more and more debt.

This reflects a marked change from how the club and its owner viewed its finances just 18 months ago, when Moshiri’s aides would confidently send out tables of all the Premier League teams’ debts. In them, Everton’s then net debt of £58.2m in the 2020-21 financial year meant 12 rival clubs had higher levels of borrowing.

That comparison looks less flattering now, however. Everton’s 2023 annual report states that net debt stood at £330.6m, leaving the club lagging only Spurs, Manchester United and Brighton by that measure to June 2023, according to analysis of accounts by the football finance expert Kieran Maguire. Meanwhile, total debts have grown since and the club is now thought to owe almost £550m to third-party creditors

The largest lender to Everton is Rights and Media Funding (RMF), a Cheshire-based company with zero employees that borrows its funds from opaque offshore companies in order to lend to football clubs. Everton owes RMF about £225m and is understood to be paying interest rates of 10.25%, meaning hundreds of thousands of pounds are flowing out of the club each week.

RMF has secured its loan by having rights to property around Goodison Park. It also has clauses in its agreement that are understood to have allowed it to veto a proposed takeover by the US sports investment group MSP Capital last year.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/17/everton-on-the-brink-questions-over-clubs-finances-are-more-urgent-than-ever
What bizarre behaviour.  Everyone knew they were pissing money away year after year but because it was "soft loans" to Moshiri then all was fine.

Everton burning through Moshiri's money (/Usmanov's money) whilst achieving absolutely nothing on the pitch and wrecking their reputation off it is quite funny.  It's annoying that so much money is being leeched by scumbags so hopefully all these payday-style lenders lose a fortune as well.  I guess administration would be the only way that could happen but even then it sounds like Moshiri has let these loan sharks get their claws into anything and everything that Everton own.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Legs on Today at 11:36:27 am »
I want to say Pirlo but I accept that is a single anecdotal example. Also ironic as for many years the Italian league was where geriatrics went to still play at the top level …

I take Pirlo good example but game is slower in Italy and much better tactically too.

The pundits/press in Italy speak loads about tactics whilst we have the likes of Micah laughing, shouting and adding NOTHING of any note to a debate.

Italian clubs if they get a good offer they sell and are masters also at loaning players with a view to buy which ends up with them hoodwinking clubs and never buying just another loan...ie Lukaku.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by bornandbRED on Today at 11:36:26 am »
A win vs Fulham will perk up the fan base.
Just put the ball in the onion bag in open play and I will take that as a small victory.
Preferably not after Fulham already have.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10