Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122508 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #8760 on: September 25, 2021, 07:27:15 pm »
Needed a goal and we didn't turn to the bench at all.  Klopp only trusts Mane, Salah, Jota and Firmino.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8761 on: September 25, 2021, 07:29:01 pm »
Needed a goal and we didn't turn to the bench at all.  Klopp only trusts Mane, Salah, Jota and Firmino.

You know Bobby came on, right?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8762 on: September 25, 2021, 07:30:03 pm »

Yeah, like I said, he only has four forwards he trusts if we're desperate.  He didn't turn to Minamino or Origi, and generally doesn't - we need other options that the manager has faith in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8763 on: September 25, 2021, 07:31:47 pm »
We need another Jota level (at Liverpool) at least forward.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8764 on: September 25, 2021, 07:38:34 pm »
If we’d signed Sancho….
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8765 on: September 25, 2021, 08:29:06 pm »
If we’d signed Sancho….
You're probably fishing, but he'd have done a lot better here than at United, and we'd be a different team. But fuck Covid.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8766 on: September 25, 2021, 08:29:51 pm »

you know he mentions him right?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8767 on: September 25, 2021, 08:30:47 pm »
We score 3 away from home and people are still crying for new forwards. Today was 100% on the defence, if you score 3 you should always win, no debate to be had.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8768 on: September 25, 2021, 08:31:32 pm »

you know he mentions him right?

You know he said he didn’t turn to the bench “at all”, right?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8769 on: September 25, 2021, 08:34:46 pm »

his point is he only trusts those 4.
despite Origi starting against Milan so not one Its a valid one
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8770 on: September 25, 2021, 08:40:44 pm »
his point is he only trusts those 4.
despite Origi starting against Milan so not one Its a valid one
I think that Klopp will do more "horses for courses" teams this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Origi and Minamino start against Porto.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8771 on: September 25, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »

:duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: September 25, 2021, 09:14:59 pm »

The problem today was not being able to kill the game off when we had the lead, we had our best finishers out there and they didn’t take their chances

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8773 on: September 25, 2021, 10:20:07 pm »
The problem today was not being able to kill the game off when we had the lead, we had our best finishers out there and they didn’t take their chances

I mean I’d probably say conceding 3 in a game is probably the biggest issue. We’ll never be 100% efficient in front of goal, but we shouldn’t be conceding 3 in any games other than possibly against the very best.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8774 on: September 25, 2021, 10:24:45 pm »
I mean I’d probably say conceding 3 in a game is probably the biggest issue. We’ll never be 100% efficient in front of goal, but we shouldn’t be conceding 3 in any games other than possibly against the very best.
In first season under Klopp, we've been winning such games 4-3 or 5-3, defending wasn't best either.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8775 on: September 25, 2021, 10:27:59 pm »
I'm starting to get somewhat skeptical about Bundesliga production meaning all that much for the PL.  If the price is right then sure but I don't think I'd be buying at a premium anytime soon unless it's Haaland and even then how many CB's in the PL will he just bully like he does in the Bundesliga?  Not many I think.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: September 25, 2021, 11:00:17 pm »

conceding 3 is never going to make it easy I agree but when we have gilt edged opportunities we simply have to take them, the defending was sloppy today, we didn’t seem to be dialled in

Still I think it will serve us good in the long run

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8777 on: September 26, 2021, 12:40:58 am »
If we’d signed Sancho….
If Jurgen had £80m to splash on one player, I'm not sure it would have been Sancho, talented players but Dortmund rinsed them getting that sort of money, when you have a buffoon like Ole in charge you need the finished article, as he's not got any coaching ability to improve the young players like Sancho.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8778 on: September 26, 2021, 12:42:18 am »
I'm starting to get somewhat skeptical about Bundesliga production meaning all that much for the PL.  If the price is right then sure but I don't think I'd be buying at a premium anytime soon unless it's Haaland and even then how many CB's in the PL will he just bully like he does in the Bundesliga?  Not many I think.
He's done it at international level and in the Champions league, and the German league is full of decent teams

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8779 on: September 26, 2021, 01:42:49 am »
He's done it at international level and in the Champions league, and the German league is full of decent teams

While I think Haaland is such an outlier that he should succeed anywhere I don't think the Bundesliga is all that great.  Yes Bayern are Bayern but I'd say that a lot of the recent Bundesliga transfers are showing it's no where near as competitive as the PL and I'd say it's also behind Serie A and La Liga. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:44:27 am by Dave McCoy »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #8780 on: September 26, 2021, 05:02:23 am »
Sign Nkunku.

(For less than Bowen)

Two goals, an assist and won a penalty yesterday (against Hertha but still a decent day out). I sure hope we’re front of the queue when his ~45m€ release clause becomes active.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8781 on: September 26, 2021, 08:05:24 am »
Two goals, an assist and won a penalty yesterday (against Hertha but still a decent day out). I sure hope we’re front of the queue when his ~45m€ release clause becomes active.

Do you know if that is active or only becomes active in the summer etc? Had a look online but couldn’t find anything that stated if it’s currently active or has a time frame on it.

He’s stepping up the goals so far this season, can’t see him going under the radar much longer.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8782 on: September 26, 2021, 10:50:41 am »
Ismaila Sarr has four goals in the first six games. Might just be a hot streak, but looks really promising - could well be a target next summer when he has a couple years left on his deal.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #8783 on: September 26, 2021, 01:09:10 pm »
Ismaila Sarr has four goals in the first six games. Might just be a hot streak, but looks really promising - could well be a target next summer when he has a couple years left on his deal.

He's athletic, quick and powerful.

But from what I've seen he's technically lacking. Most of his goals and chances this season have come when he's in a lot of space to run into/operate in. There's that amount of space due to him playing for Watford and teams looking to get at them. Liverpool forwards very rarely get that luxury, playing against teams that sit deeper and/or press a lot harder.

I don't think he'd look anything like as good for us. Patson Daka is a similar sort of 'running into space' player that is great for a counter-attacking team, but not one like us who don't really get a chance to counter-attack.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8784 on: September 26, 2021, 04:34:52 pm »
Told you we should sign Toney.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #8785 on: September 26, 2021, 04:35:45 pm »
Cottee?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: September 26, 2021, 04:35:46 pm »
Oh fuck Fordy has a new interest.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: September 26, 2021, 04:37:04 pm »

From what I've seen of him, he looks like a good player. But now that he has your seal of approval, I'm not so sure.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8788 on: September 26, 2021, 05:20:57 pm »

Said he’s a Liverpool fan on his insta post. Good player - we should keep an eye on this season.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8789 on: September 26, 2021, 05:26:04 pm »
We'll all take Toney to Hart if he keeps playing to the gallery. What an artist!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8790 on: September 26, 2021, 05:27:04 pm »
We'll all take Toney to Hart if he keeps playing to the gallery. What an artist!

Do you sleep with Tony Hart?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8791 on: September 26, 2021, 05:37:31 pm »
Do you sleep with Tony Hart?
I got assaulted by one half of Simon and Garfunkel the other day.......it was an Art Attack.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8792 on: September 26, 2021, 05:48:10 pm »
Oh fuck Fordy has a new interest.

ha ha I think I have.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8793 on: September 26, 2021, 07:10:14 pm »

He's athletic, quick and powerful.

But from what I've seen he's technically lacking. Most of his goals and chances this season have come when he's in a lot of space to run into/operate in. There's that amount of space due to him playing for Watford and teams looking to get at them. Liverpool forwards very rarely get that luxury, playing against teams that sit deeper and/or press a lot harder.

I don't think he'd look anything like as good for us. Patson Daka is a similar sort of 'running into space' player that is great for a counter-attacking team, but not one like us who don't really get a chance to counter-attack.

I thought most of them were classic goal scorer type goals. Inside the 6 yard box, rebounds, a header. I’d say the type of goals he’s scoring are EXACTLY the sort of goals we’d be looking for him to score.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8794 on: September 26, 2021, 11:25:56 pm »

Is this something that's going to get posted after every game we drop points in?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8795 on: September 27, 2021, 12:10:47 am »
Seen a few sources saying we're on a list of 6 clubs Haaland is willing to join next summer, his fat agent wants a fortune (naturally) and the fee would be a record transfer for the Reds, we may be outsiders of this six to sign him, but it's really satisfying to me as a fan to even hear us in the conversation for a player like Haaland.

Take all of it with a moon sized lump of salt, but I choose to believe!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8796 on: September 27, 2021, 12:20:31 am »
Seen a few sources saying we're on a list of 6 clubs Haaland is willing to join next summer, his fat agent wants a fortune (naturally) and the fee would be a record transfer for the Reds, we may be outsiders of this six to sign him, but it's really satisfying to me as a fan to even hear us in the conversation for a player like Haaland.

Take all of it with a moon sized lump of salt, but I choose to believe!
Not a chance we will be in for him sadly.

Reported £840k a week wages, £30 million Raiola agent fee, and his Haaland's Dad wants a £20 million payment as well.

I'd rather we stayed away from lining Raiola's bank balance and never doing business with him, he'll be wanting to move Haaland on after 2 seasons, Zlatan and Ballotelli as prime examples.

I think he'll be Madrid bound, Mbappe, Camavinga and Haaland being the first phase of the new Madrid Galatico project
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8798 on: September 27, 2021, 12:49:53 am »
Yeah a lot of rumours doing the rounds we've agreed a deal for him for January.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8799 on: September 27, 2021, 02:35:41 am »
I got assaulted by one half of Simon and Garfunkel the other day.......it was an Art Attack.

An appauling assualt?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...