Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493386 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #5200 on: August 9, 2020, 02:34:26 pm »
Pearce:

James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
·
2m
Liverpool in advanced talks to sign Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas for around 13million Euros after failing to agree a fee with Norwich City for Jamal Lewis #LFC
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5201 on: August 9, 2020, 02:34:51 pm »
Feel sorry for Jamal Lewis, he'd have been a good signing and by most accounts he was desperate to join Liverpool.

Norwich won't get what they're demanding for him.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5202 on: August 9, 2020, 02:36:43 pm »
Love how ruthless we are.

I wonder if Tmiskas' performance against Wolves swayed us in any way? Obviously it's difficult to gauge how good someone is playing against Greek teams week in, week out, but he was very good the other day as he has been against Spurs and Arsenal.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5203 on: August 9, 2020, 02:37:24 pm »
Melissa Reddy reporting medical will take place next week

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5204 on: August 9, 2020, 02:38:37 pm »
That's a fucking bargain at that price brilliant signing if it goes through

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5205 on: August 9, 2020, 02:39:05 pm »
DON'T PISS OFF MICHAEL EDWARDS!

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #5206 on: August 9, 2020, 02:39:45 pm »
If we do sign him, Ejaria and Grujic won't be impressed after just returning from successful loans, so for that reason, I'm out.

Not sure Ejaria will mind given he went to Reading on a loan with obligation to buy for £3m

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5207 on: August 9, 2020, 02:40:19 pm »

How much have you seen of him?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5208 on: August 9, 2020, 02:42:27 pm »
Pearce reporting the same, 13 million euros. feel bad for Lewis.
Yeh feel sorry for him, but if this pans out it will show other clubs how bad ass we can be when clubs try and be cute or frivolously hold out for more than we think a player is worth.

He'll be looking daggers at the PTB at Norwich
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #5209 on: August 9, 2020, 02:43:01 pm »
The Greek fella looked good against wolves. Impressive at the price quoted. Lewis will be fuming about this. Imagine Norwich turning down a dream move

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5210 on: August 9, 2020, 02:43:17 pm »
His hands, face and part of his left leg
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5211 on: August 9, 2020, 02:43:38 pm »
Signing Tsimikas over Jamal Lewis just means our homegrown quota has become increasingly important and this will be something I'm sure Klopp will have in mind when he's taking a look at Wilson during pre-season. Klopp will want to keep him around most likely now.

Our failure to sign Jamal Lewis also means we're highly like to sign Ben White since he's home-grown.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #5212 on: August 9, 2020, 02:43:40 pm »

Did he play against Wolves ?
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5213 on: August 9, 2020, 02:46:53 pm »
In fact if we do land Tsimikas for 11m, then being bad-ass with Norwich may already have bourne fruit. If Olympiakos had had any thoughts of holding out for more they may have quickly revised that...
« Last Edit: August 9, 2020, 02:50:31 pm by Ghost Town »

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5214 on: August 9, 2020, 02:47:40 pm »
Got a really good mate who supports Olympiakos and he's been raving about him for a while. He's been saying he's right up there with the best left backs that aren't playing in Europe's top five leagues. From what I've seen of him in the Champions League and the Europa League he's always impressed me especially against Wolves where he kept Adama Traore fairly quiet.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5215 on: August 9, 2020, 02:47:58 pm »
Signing Tsimikas over Jamal Lewis just means our homegrown quota has become increasingly important and this will be something I'm sure Klopp will have in mind when he's taking a look at Wilson during pre-season. Klopp will want to keep him around most likely now.

Our failure to sign Jamal Lewis also means we're highly like to sign Ben White since he's home-grown.

We're not keeping Wilson because we're signing Tsimikas, we're signing Tsimikas because we're keeping Wilson!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5216 on: August 9, 2020, 02:49:02 pm »

Not sure the 2 will be linked at all. Yes it's an issue, but I see us just submitting a smaller squad before we sign a player 'for the home-grown quota'. overall, it's not something we need to worry all that heavily.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5217 on: August 9, 2020, 02:49:14 pm »
Any idea why Wijnaldum hasn’t signed a new contract

Surely we can't keep him this window if this doesn't get done. Not after letting Emre Can leave for nothing and having to spend £50m to replace him with Fabinho. I mean if we were someone like Arsenal and letting quality players worth £30m+ run down their deals we'd be a complete laughing stock. But we did it with Can and now potentially with Gini and everyone's seemingly fine with it.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #5218 on: August 9, 2020, 02:49:27 pm »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5219 on: August 9, 2020, 02:49:39 pm »
DON'T PISS OFF MICHAEL EDWARDS!

I can hear him just going 'NEXT!' on the phone after Norwich tried to get more for Lewis  :D

Have a feeling Leicester will be needing a new lb soon so maybe Lewis goes there.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5220 on: August 9, 2020, 02:50:13 pm »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5221 on: August 9, 2020, 02:50:13 pm »

The club has its valuation and will stick to its guns, Lewis will be playing in the premier league next season I’m sure of it, goes without saying that this is a marker to any team that thinks they can play us in the window

Offline jc2002

• Main Stander
« Reply #5222 on: August 9, 2020, 02:50:56 pm »
Just a thought - if we don't go for another CB is this a sign we're in for Thiago? It's clear we're in for a LB and that'll take the Lovern money & more (maybe in the form of saved wages). If Origi and/or Shaq go we'll need another wide forward (Taki & Brewster both play through the centre). If we don't go for another CB then we're going to have to use Fab as cover at CB. Then, provided his wage demands aren't excessive, we could use whatever we get for Wilson and Grujic for Thiago's fee.
Given a compressed season we're going to have to rotate midfield like mad next season. 3 of the back 4 are set in stone as are the front 3 so I don't think we can keep asking Hendo, Fab, and Gini to keep playing 3 games in 8 days. We could use them as our 'dogs of war' midfield with Naby, Thiago +1 as the 'unpick the lock' one with Ox, Millner, & Jones also rotating.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5223 on: August 9, 2020, 02:51:25 pm »
Surely we can't keep him this window if this doesn't get done. Not after letting Emre Can leave for nothing and having to spend £50m to replace him with Fabinho. I mean if we were someone like Arsenal and letting quality players worth £30m+ run down their deals we'd be a complete laughing stock. But we did it with Can and now potentially with Gini and everyone's seemingly fine with it.

Why we shouldn’t let deals get below 2 years to go

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5224 on: August 9, 2020, 02:53:36 pm »
Any new links to Tiago or just more fantasising going on?

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5225 on: August 9, 2020, 02:54:53 pm »
Tsimikas performance vs Traore must have pushed him ahead of Lewis I feel. He was very impressive.

Very good full back on that performance who can challenge Robertson.

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5226 on: August 9, 2020, 02:55:28 pm »
Just a thought - if we don't go for another CB is this a sign we're in for Thiago? It's clear we're in for a LB and that'll take the Lovern money & more (maybe in the form of saved wages). If Origi and/or Shaq go we'll need another wide forward (Taki & Brewster both play through the centre). If we don't go for another CB then we're going to have to use Fab as cover at CB. Then, provided his wage demands aren't excessive, we could use whatever we get for Wilson and Grujic for Thiago's fee.
Given a compressed season we're going to have to rotate midfield like mad next season. 3 of the back 4 are set in stone as are the front 3 so I don't think we can keep asking Hendo, Fab, and Gini to keep playing 3 games in 8 days. We could use them as our 'dogs of war' midfield with Naby, Thiago +1 as the 'unpick the lock' one with Ox, Millner, & Jones also rotating.

Nah, I think Thiago is irrelevant of all other deals. If you have the opportunity to sign one of the best midfielders the game has seen over the last 5-8 years you don't take it lightly. FSG always said they will pay out for the best players - they have 100% with Ali and VVD. They also said they will pay our best players a fair wage according to their value - they do. Thiago fits both those brackets, he would undoubtedly be one of our best players. If we can afford it, both fee and wages, he'll be a Liverpool player. If it's too much, he won't.

I can't see them putting that deal alongside others. It's clear we're after a centre half. We'll get one.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5227 on: August 9, 2020, 02:55:28 pm »
We aren't operating in the same financial league as City. 20 million on a back up left back is nothing to them, they can spend 40 odd million on squad players if they want. If Klopp rates this other left back then I'm all for it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5228 on: August 9, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »

Not much we can do. If he's eying the money then he's going to play out his contract and cash in next year.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5229 on: August 9, 2020, 02:55:53 pm »
I can hear him just going 'NEXT!' on the phone after Norwich tried to get more for Lewis  :D

Have a feeling Leicester will be needing a new lb soon so maybe Lewis goes there.

Yeah feel he will be off to Leicester as well. You'd be absolutely gutted if you were Lewis though, potential move to us not coming through. I think he still looks a player, better than the championship
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5230 on: August 9, 2020, 02:58:10 pm »
We aren't operating in the same financial league as City. 20 million on a back up left back is nothing to them, they can spend 40 odd million on squad players if they want. If Klopp rates this other left back then I'm all for it.

I think what swung it was that he asked Mr. Klopp to be the Godfather to his child.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5231 on: August 9, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »

Disagree with both points. Wilson wouldn’t play a minute next season if he stayed.

If anything we are less likely to sign Ben White as we’ve proven that we won’t spend £20 million on a young player who hasn’t proven much.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2020, 03:00:46 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5232 on: August 9, 2020, 02:59:15 pm »
@JamesPearceLFC

Feel for Jamal Lewis. Was desperate to move to #LFC and would have been a great addition but just too big a gap between Norwich's valuation and what LFC were willing to pay for him.
-

That's  what happens when you fuck with Edwards. Condemned to the Championship instead of potentially playing in the CL. Can't see him being too happy !

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5233 on: August 9, 2020, 03:00:03 pm »
Medical next week Melissa Reddy is reporting.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5234 on: August 9, 2020, 03:01:00 pm »
Kevin Palmer saying

I'm told that Michael Edwards met with Olympiacos General Manager Mrs Lina Souloukou on Thursday in Wolverhampton

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5235 on: August 9, 2020, 03:01:07 pm »

What role would Wilson fill in this squad exactly? Would you be genuinely happy to see him come on to change the game in favor of Sadio or Salah?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #5236 on: August 9, 2020, 03:01:25 pm »
I'm sure we'd have preferred the home grown player for a backup position, but we've seen in the past that our first choice players aren't necessarily better than the second choice, it's not unusual for us to pay more for the second choice than we were willing to pay for the first choice.

You've got to feel for Lewis as Norwich have cost him an opportunity to work with this team and potentially improve as a player, but Tsimikas looks the more ready to step in and compete with Robbo from the off.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #5237 on: August 9, 2020, 03:01:54 pm »
Wouldn't feel too bad for Lewis... there's a very decent chance he wasn't good enough for us and he'll still have a career most 'want to be pros' can only dream of
He was definitely a project for us and because we pulled it off with Robertson doesn't mean it would've happened again 

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #5238 on: August 9, 2020, 03:03:09 pm »

Yes and no, I mean I think Fabinho is far superior for what we needed in our midfield so I’m not sure you can make and eye-for-an-eye comparison between the two. I think the club has managed contracts quite well which is why we’ve only really seen Can go on a bosman thus far. If you start automatically selling players with 12 or 24 months left on their deal, it just sets a dangerous precedent. Sure, the club could maybe get £20m for Wijnaldum be selling him this summer  but is that worth more to us than his contribution this coming season?

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5239 on: August 9, 2020, 03:03:21 pm »

More like Brewster won't go on loan.