Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 256472 times)

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
Re: Solidarity from a fan of another club
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »
never going to happen.
why? why cant us fans put pressure on the clubs to start banning people who mock the dead?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »
Stay focussed.

Stay on track.

Stay on topic.

Continue to embrace people from other clubs who are brave enough to admit that they were wrong before and have learned the truth and are ready to accept it.

It will take TIME to stamp out the last of the idiocy and it will require ACTION from certain clubs to assist in that but we will most likely NEVER eradicate stupidity in grounds where people think they are 'safe' amongst their own.

We are starting to see more and more example of opposing fans educating their own. Focus our anger where it needs to be.

Remember the words of Oliver Kay this week:

"For 23 years those who have campaigned for the truth about Hillsborough have been an oppressed minority. Now, finally, the minority are those left clinging, pathetically, to the futility of the lies that the anti-football culture of the 1980s, combined with the type of tribalism that only ever manifests itself at a safe distance behind police cordons or usernames, has been so keen to propagate.But their time is up. The truth, finally, has got its shoes on and caught up with the lies once and for all."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:39:35 pm by 24/7 »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »
Have to say Sunderland were class today in showing their support!!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2012, 09:07:46 pm »
Any fan registering here for virtually the sole purpose of apologising and offering their support is okay in my book.  That takes a great deal of courage - the kind that the likes of Bettison and Patnick don't have.  These are fellow fans prepared to cross the tribal line and that can only be embraced. 

I imagine any number of them feel suitably embarrassed as it is.  We don't need to add to their discomfort. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
The best advice I've ever heard is to always try to look at things from the other person's point of view. Why would you feel bitterness at someone from another city who hadn't fully educated themselves about what happened at Hillsborough? Before you do that, ask yourself how much you know about the Ibrox stadium disaster, the Olympiacos Gate 7 disaster, the Zeebrugge ferry disaster, the Marchioness boat disaster, etc. etc. Without going in Wikipedia right now I could only give you a one or two sentence summary of what happened in those cases. How accurate would that summary be? Where would I have got that summary from - a vague recollection of a newspaper headline.

It's completely natural that people wouldn't know the truth, and would believe what they read in the papers. Now they know the truth, just be glad about that. Carrying a chip on your shoulder is pointless, you only have one life to live, people have spent 23 years day in day out fighting for this and to see people bitter about the results of that victory really bothers me.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »
when full of anger...the first reaction might win the fight...but it loses the war
the second reaction is the cleverer one..
it will take time...patience
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline waterford red

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »
I'm delighted the truth is finally coming out. I was only 12 when Hillsborough happened and it was shown on tv in Ireland as the game was to be shown live so they were shocking scenes. As I got older I learned more about it from the internet and Jimmy McGoverns tv programme and read Phil Scratons book. The Hillsborough families and Liverpool fans showed great perseverence when they could have given up after so may years and setbacks and now the wider public and other clubs fans are understanding it. It could have happened to any other teams fans that day.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »
This was the 606 call from the Utd fan trying to make sense of the worst side of our game. He talks sense and he talks from the heart.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/962156-man-utd-fan-francis-made-some-very-heartfelt-comments-about-hillsborough-chanting-at-old-trafford
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline mrsphilthefish

• Twitter terrier. Queen of the retweet
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will do what I can to get justice for our 96
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2012, 10:16:34 pm »
We went on holiday and met a nice couple who were Wesh Ham fans. Had a good banter with them when we went to watch the footy on the opening day of the season. We reminisced about the FA Cup Final and one talk led to another and eventually we were talking about Hillsborough.
The next day the couple had the papers by the pool and asked us if we wanted to read them. We looked, they had bought the S*n, so declined and told them why we would never buy that paper not even to wipe ya arse on.
Had a text off them on Wednesday night......
quote "Hi guys, just want to say we are really pleased that the truth is out. We will never believe that saying again 'no smoke without fire'! We will take a leaf out of your book and the Sun will never be bought by us again. Feel embarrassed now after our chats, we must've sounded dumb to you. Hope heads roll for this. Sorry. Hope there is some justice in this world. "
There's been many mountains to climb but I can smell Justice.......soon our 96 reds will rest in peace JFT96

Pheeny

« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2012, 10:35:11 pm »
This was the 606 call from the Utd fan trying to make sense of the worst side of our game. He talks sense and he talks from the heart.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/962156-man-utd-fan-francis-made-some-very-heartfelt-comments-about-hillsborough-chanting-at-old-trafford
should play that in every pub outside every ground before every game.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2012, 11:05:05 pm »
should play that in every pub outside every ground before every game.

That's an excellent call to be fair.  If anyone is on one of the manc forums or if anyone is reading this from there it'd be good to post the link on there.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2012, 11:40:45 pm »

Thats brilliant. Good fella.

I know loads of Mancs (as in red mancs). TO a man they are sound. Arrogant c*nts like, think Utd are the dogs, but good fellas nonetheless, who are human beings, who understand the truth about Hillsborough and would never even contemplate chanting these sorts of things.

Both sets of fans have a minority of c*nts. its up to the rest of us to respond to the sick chants on Sunday , not by responding with a tit-for-tat equally sick chant, but by shouting down those c*nts in our OWN support.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2012, 12:07:08 am »
Thanks Stu. Very touching <3
Twitter: Nauman_Choudry

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2012, 12:19:35 am »
As other have said, it's time to stay focussed and on track.  Look, there will always be a small minority of 'fans' who chant sick things at matches.  That includes some from LFC who chant about Munich.  However, they are not important and not a problem.  The majority in the country are with us for the first time since the S*n printed that shit.

We have to focus our attention onto the people that matter.  The people that allowed a ground to be used that was not fit for purpose.  The people that failed to police it accordingly.  The people that failed to execute any form of disaster plan.  The people that then tried to cover up their actions, before the dead were even cold.  That's what matter.  Not chanting from a minority at another club, and also not that some fans have seen the light now, 23 years later.

We mustn't lose sight of who's to blame.  We let them wriggle free now because our eye is off the ball and we'll never get them.

To those fans from other clubs that have posted in here, thank you.  The official line is easy to go along with precisely because it is so prevalent.  You ar emore than welcome here, and I hope you stick around  :)

Offline humph77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2012, 12:35:05 am »

One of the best phone in interviews I've ever listened to!!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2012, 08:42:46 am »
I think it's brilliant that the football community has been so respectful this week and the numerous clubs referencing it yesterday. It's the kind of thing that helps restore a little faith in the game and in humanity.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:26:37 am by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:10 am »
I'm an Arsenal fan with no allegiances to LFC - but I've been moved to sign up to this forum today to show some solidarity with the fans and families of fans of LFC. I realise that this thread is in the wrong forum but I wasn't able to start one in the Hillsborough forum.

Its hard to express what I really feel - shame is the main feeling. I live in a society where I've allowed this to happen so I feel as much to blame as anyone for the truth not being heard earlier. I hope you can understand but you see the lies were convenient - they fitted and they were easy to swallow. Even as I stood for the minutes silence for the 96 at the Emirates last year I was only really honouring the dead on a human level - even then I was fairly sure of the version of reality that I'd decided upon.

This week has been shocking for me only on the realisation that I've got it wrong for so many years. I'd always known that there were lots of factors at play but having been to so many games in that era I'd just assumed.......but it was wrong.

If I'm this upset I don't know how those of you directly affected can be coping right now. If my changed reality is worth anything to you then here it is - use it and take it for what you can. I and anyone I've spoken to this week am shocked, stunned and absolutely behind the fans and their families. The truth won't be forgotten.  :'(

Good luck with the next steps and I hope you can find something positive to take forwards and find some normality after this.

RIP the 96 and peace for their loved ones.

Thank you for caring enough and for making such touching 1st post.

Welcome to RAWK.

Enjoy your season and do well except when you play against us.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:36 am »
Well said Francis, I get really depressed when people say things will never change, because a minoirty will always do it. Well so what, I don't care about what a minority of people do. At the end of the day if a majority want to end these chants then it's about time we attempted to do it. People need to grow some. I remember when the opposition to H & G was growing, and I was in the Kop and some lads tried to get an anti-owners song going. A group of people turned on them and told them to shut up, wait till after the game. How is it people can stand up to people in that instant, and can't when a minority start off a chant glorifying in death?. These chants need to stop, and I really would love to see next week a new start, when the majority make their stand.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2012, 09:56:32 am »

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:31 am »
Man Utd condemn there fans for the taunts during yeasterdays game. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19613154
#Sausages

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:01 am »
I didn't read what The Sun printed Thursday, I probably won't read anything they print in my life. But IF they had the honest story about the tragedy for once, I wouldn't mind people reading it. For once.

On another note: Welcome Stu!
Sorry I'm not willing to do that.....yet.

Tell me about it, read me bits of the stories. That I can take

I intend to avoid touching that paper or use its internet site.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:25:10 am by Rafa_La »
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:02 am »
Guys, this topic is about solidarity from fans of other clubs, let's not clutter it up with chat about United fans' chanting please. We all know it happened, we're all disappointed.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:40 am »

Great that from him there. It's very easy to get very annoyed with the whole thing but things like that show that there are decent people out there. The only way these chants will ever stop is IMO for the media to fully report them and for steps to be taken to get rid of these idiots from all football grounds. Every club has horrible bastards And every club has top people.

If I see anyone singing shite or saying shite then I'll pull them up and every game I've been to where you have the odd arsehole shouting Munich about players or whatever have always been told strongly to fuck off and shut up.

In this day and age it's not on and I'd like to thank those fans of other clubs in here, those at Red Cafe and those like this lad on the radio there that was disgusted. 99% of football fans are great people and it's always the fucking knobheads that let everyone else down. It's got to stop.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »
Great that from him there. It's very easy to get very annoyed with the whole thing but things like that show that there are decent people out there. The only way these chants will ever stop is IMO for the media to fully report them and for steps to be taken to get rid of these idiots from all football grounds. Every club has horrible bastards And every club has top people.

If I see anyone singing shite or saying shite then I'll pull them up and every game I've been to where you have the odd arsehole shouting Munich about players or whatever have always been told strongly to fuck off and shut up.

In this day and age it's not on and I'd like to thank those fans of other clubs in here, those at Red Cafe and those like this lad on the radio there that was disgusted. 99% of football fans are great people and it's always the fucking knobheads that let everyone else down. It's got to stop.

Good post Andy.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2012, 01:25:26 pm »

I just came on to post about this call, I was just listening to the podcast.
I found it quite moving actually, he sounds like a proper fan.

Offline Lee_no8

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2012, 01:40:23 pm »
I'd sooner a supporter from another team say "fuck me, I was wrong all along, but now I know they were right" than say "So what if I was wrong all along? I still don't care."

Sums it up for me.

Heard the back end of this on the way home last night, listened in full this morning, very well put.

Thanks to those from other clubs who are taking the time to share the effect this has had on them, as has been said, a lot of us have been shocked at the magnitude of the cover up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:42:50 pm by Lee_no8 »
Il Liverpool si riprende la Champions a Istanbul: gil bastano i 6 minuti di follia rossonera

Milan nell’incubo

Da 3-0 a 3-3, poi Dudek e i rigori frumano la beffa del secolo

La Gazetta dello Sport

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2012, 01:42:49 pm »
i agree with this. sorry, but i do. Kinda pissing me off now to be honest, 23 years or being called murderers, killed out own, pissed on the dead, self pity city etc, and no its all ok. Nah. doesnt wash with me. This was about getting the truth for us and the 96, not so other teams fans can all act like they havent ripped into us for 23 years.

Don't be bitter lad, rise above it.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2012, 01:47:42 pm »
That is a tremendous call.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »
i agree with this. sorry, but i do. Kinda pissing me off now to be honest, 23 years or being called murderers, killed out own, pissed on the dead, self pity city etc, and no its all ok. Nah. doesnt wash with me. This was about getting the truth for us and the 96, not so other teams fans can all act like they havent ripped into us for 23 years.
It is true what they say, there is good and bad everywhere.  I should imagine every football team there is will have their share of idiots following them and chances are the football club themselves and all the true fans and decent people who follow those clubs will be ashamed of the said idiots.  Those dickheads don't represent the football teams, they only represent themselves the sad twats that they are.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2012, 02:10:37 pm »
Francis spoke simply and well and the truth is there probably more like him than not...I said many times before , the many weeks after Hillsborough the beautiful shrine that Anfield became ( its finest hour IMO ) the thousands of scarfs that adorned the Kop respresented hundreds of clubs and their fans. Apart from the obvious domination in numbers by Liverpool and Everton , Uniteds scarfs where everywhere...one in particular caught my eye, an old red and white bar one , with the names Best, Law , Charlton etc  hand sowed in...clearly someones pride and joy and to give that up showed immense humanity ...even typing this 23 years later, it still moves me.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

Is correct Andy. That lad shows that a lot on Manc fans are disgusted at their own. Ive add ed that link to my facebook page so others can hear it.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2012, 03:56:43 pm »
Reading played YNWA at the same time as having a minutes applause, whilst also having on their screens 'Remembering the 96', that was nice.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »
Minutes applause and YNWA belted out at Reading vs Spurs. :thumbup

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »
just heard on the radio, YNWA being played on the tannoy at Reading before the Spurs game, with what sounded like a round of applause from the fans.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »
just heard on the radio, YNWA being played on the tannoy at Reading before the Spurs game, with what sounded like a round of applause from the fans.

was quality to be fair. both fans involved. A woman in a reading top looked close to tears.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »
You'll never Walk Alone played over the tannoy at the Madejski before Reading v Spurs everyone with applauding.
#Sausages

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:12 pm »
Thanks to Reading and Spurs for that show of class and respect.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:43 pm »
was quality to be fair. both fans involved. A woman in a reading top looked close to tears.

Tottenham fans are ace, remember at Wembley them all booing and chanting 'disgrace' at the Chelsea fans who didn't respect the minutes applause for the 96.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2012, 03:59:28 pm »
Absolute class from both sets of fans at the Madejski!

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

That's great to hear.