Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1757849 times)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #6720 on: November 6, 2018, 10:47:47 pm »
Suarez had absolute stinkers. Zenit away sticks in my head as decidedly bad from him.

Mane had a bad game the second we switched and had him play as an orthodox winger, which he isn't and never has been.

I think they're getting unfair flack when they're being served by nothing but rubbish from the midfield whenever Shaqiri isn't there.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #6721 on: November 6, 2018, 10:50:54 pm »
When he is bad he really stinks the place out but no doubt will have a stormer v Fulham, just the way he is.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6722 on: November 7, 2018, 05:07:24 am »
Pass the ball mane,stop trying to beat all the players by yourself.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6723 on: November 7, 2018, 08:52:26 am »
Not his best, not anyone's best. Didn't enjoy watching him on the right, though, keep him on the left Kloppo. Did enjoy the one moment when he did a pure Mane special and showed all the ball to the defender before knocking it past him and beating him to the byline, the guy is so quick and confident at his best.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6724 on: November 7, 2018, 09:09:45 am »
Didn't think he was too bad on the left, had the defender in his pocket, he was then bizarrely moved to the right where he was poor.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6725 on: November 9, 2018, 02:27:30 am »
Not his best, not anyone's best. Didn't enjoy watching him on the right, though, keep him on the left Kloppo. Did enjoy the one moment when he did a pure Mane special and showed all the ball to the defender before knocking it past him and beating him to the byline, the guy is so quick and confident at his best.
Don’t know why he doesn’t do this more often, in the 16/17 season he would constantly just accelerate past defenders from a standing start.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: November 9, 2018, 02:49:09 am »
Don’t know why he doesn’t do this more often, in the 16/17 season he would constantly just accelerate past defenders from a standing start.

He didn't have the defensive responsibilities that he does now. He plays more in midfield than he does wide forward and has been doing that since last year.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #6727 on: November 9, 2018, 08:01:36 am »
I wonder if it's worth swapping Salah and Mane's roles? Especially with TAA and Robertson respective form? Have Salah drop and help the FB out a little more, create a little more, take some of the scoring burden off his shoulders and let Mane be the finisher?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #6728 on: November 11, 2018, 12:48:00 pm »
Piss poor again this first half
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6729 on: November 11, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »
Piss poor again this first half

His first touch is atrocious.
Decision making even worse.

Still nowhere near the worse Liverpool performance so far.

Hope we see Keita in second half and that sparks Mane into shape.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6730 on: November 11, 2018, 12:54:24 pm »
His first touch is atrocious.
Decision making even worse.

Still nowhere near the worse Liverpool performance so far.

Hope we see Keita in second half and that sparks Mane into shape.

Mane's consistency lets him down - an almost complacent performance thus far. I think we need another top class front three player to keep them on their toes

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #6731 on: November 11, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »
Sorry but Mane needs to be dropped for half a dozen games. Absolutely terrible he breaks up our attacking rhythm
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6732 on: November 11, 2018, 02:07:37 pm »
Sorry but Mane needs to be dropped for half a dozen games. Absolutely terrible he breaks up our attacking rhythm

Good thing you're not the manager.  ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6733 on: November 11, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »
He does seem to have concrete boots. And then 10 mins later - he has velcro on them.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #6734 on: November 11, 2018, 04:05:00 pm »
That extra one or 2 touches was unneccessary but boy that powerful pegs. I thought he broke the arms of the keeper.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6735 on: November 11, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »
Mane is just one of them players. Sometimes it bounces off him, heavy touch etc and then other times he controls it fine. Not really an issue it's just his way

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: November 11, 2018, 04:08:30 pm »
Mane is just one of them players. Sometimes it bounces off him, heavy touch etc and then other times he controls it fine. Not really an issue it's just his way

Pretty much this, he always seems to play this way, think he should have scored in the first half with his chance. Worked hard on both ends of the pitch again.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #6737 on: November 11, 2018, 04:10:21 pm »
Imagine thinking this for real.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #6738 on: November 11, 2018, 08:14:04 pm »

This is a Tommy Lee Jones holding Newspaper kind of post

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #6739 on: November 12, 2018, 10:00:44 am »
Hopefully the international break will do him good, as he was awful against Red Star and not much better against Fulham, that incredible long range effort aside. Don't think it's anything to worry about, personally, just one of them things that happens in football. So much of a player's form is in his head that if they're not finish chances, or beating their man, it can then play havoc with the basics of their game.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6740 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
Shame that he wasn't on it again yesterday. Firmino himself wasn't great either but in the 2nd half he at least seemed to get into it a bit more. That being said he almost scored an amazing goal yesterday after half time, could have been the best he'd scored for us yet.

Don't think Mane has ever lost a league game at Anfield either. Not seen that said anywhere but I think it's true. We haven't lost at home in the league this season, didn't last season, and I'm sure the only two we lost the season before that (Swansea and Palace) he didn't play. Impressive record  8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6741 on: November 12, 2018, 03:40:46 pm »

Decision making is his biggest fault, but you can`t ever fault him for effort, trying to make things happen or playing with a smile on his face.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6742 on: November 12, 2018, 05:36:27 pm »
When he connects right - boy can he strike a ball.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #6743 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02:08 pm »
Just read (albeit from a shit source) that he left the field in tears for Senegal.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: November 17, 2018, 06:23:32 pm »
Just read (albeit from a shit source) that he left the field in tears for Senegal.

Just read from equally poor source I guess that he isn’t injured but upset - was being boo’d by own fans

We’ll find out soon enough I guess

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6745 on: November 17, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »
There is no injury he was just upset by the reaction from the crowd they're saying.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: November 17, 2018, 07:03:31 pm »
There is no injury he was just upset by the reaction from the crowd they're saying.
Phew.

I was worried there when i read the earlier post.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6747 on: November 17, 2018, 07:06:27 pm »
Phew.

I was worried there when i read the earlier post.

He's their main man, so has a lot of expectation on his shoulders. They were very critical of him at the World Cup, maybe its hanging over from that.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6748 on: November 17, 2018, 07:13:28 pm »
He's their main man, so has a lot of expectation on his shoulders. They were very critical of him at the World Cup, maybe its hanging over from that.

What's their problem? He wasn't bad in the World Cup, he just didn't have in sync team-mates and they narrowly missed out on qualifying from their group. And today they won the game away from home.

Offline woolage

• Main Stander
  • Did you smash it?
« Reply #6749 on: November 17, 2018, 07:16:04 pm »
I have a friend from Senegal and he told me that the reason he was boo'd was because over the last 8-12 months his performances have really dropped and the patience is running out. According to him (and his group of friends) he was a better player when he was at Southampton (and his first season with us). Since then his performances have regressed significantly - especially in terms of his decision making and close control. "It's like youre watching a completely different player ", he says. I've not watched much Senegal so I can't really comment but a number of fans there are saying that he cares more about Liverpool these days and the reason for his poor form is his lack of application and commitment to the team. So it's not just the dip in form (this happens) but the extent of it.

This is what happens when you set the bar so high I guess. He has every faith that Mane will come good again, though. And we all know he will :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6750 on: November 17, 2018, 07:16:58 pm »
From what I remember there were some critical voices from commentators over his form in the WC, though I agree with you I thought he did okay. Unless something else has happened over there, that is all I can think off. A fuss about nothing to be honest.  :-\

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6751 on: November 17, 2018, 07:17:46 pm »
They don’t deserve Mané.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6752 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:28 pm »
I have a friend from Senegal and he told me that the reason he was boo'd was because over the last 8-12 months his performances have really dropped and the patience is running out. According to him (and his group of friends) he was a better player when he was at Southampton (and his first season with us). Since then his performances have regressed significantly - especially in terms of his decision making and close control. "It's like youre watching a completely different player ", he says. I've not watched much Senegal so I can't really comment but a number of fans there are saying that he cares more about Liverpool these days and the reason for his poor form is his lack of application and commitment to the team. So it's not just the dip in form (this happens) but the extent of it.

This is what happens when you set the bar so high I guess. He has every faith that Mane will come good again, though. And we all know he will :)

The problem seems to be from what I saw of Senegal they are very reliant on him, they need to get better consistency all over the park, instead of expecting Mane to instantly have all the answers.

Offline woolage

• Main Stander
  • Did you smash it?
« Reply #6753 on: November 17, 2018, 07:28:37 pm »
The problem seems to be from what I saw of Senegal they are very reliant on him, they need to get better consistency all over the park, instead of expecting Mane to instantly have all the answers.

Agreed. He recognises that too. Like I said, I think it's more the extent of the drop in form. Lots of players have these dips but Mane's dip is bigger than most - magnified by the fact that his team mates just aren't that good. Some fans are even saying that he must have had some kind of curse put on him. It's a crazy, crazy world! Poor guy.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6754 on: November 17, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »
Agreed. He recognises that too. Like I said, I think it's more the extent of the drop in form. Lots of players have these dips but Mane's dip is bigger than most - magnified by the fact that his team mates just aren't that good. Some fans are even saying that he must have had some kind of curse put on him. It's a crazy, crazy world! Poor guy.

Superstitions rule hey. Crazy as you say.  :o

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6755 on: November 17, 2018, 09:05:47 pm »
They can fuck off absolute shithouse behavior that booing your own player rather than supporting him, entitled fuckers.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6756 on: November 17, 2018, 09:40:16 pm »
They can fuck off absolute shithouse behavior that booing your own player rather than supporting him, entitled fuckers.
Well, thats the Internet fandbase for you right there. So glad we are like soooo, road end.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6757 on: November 17, 2018, 10:05:35 pm »
They should be grateful he even turns up to play with nobodies from nothing clubs like Spal, Chateauroux, Amiens, Everton and Goztepe.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:42 pm »

I'm glad you told those entitled sub-Saharan pricks off on the internet. I bet they're all collectively heading for mass and asking for forgiveness right this very second.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6759 on: November 17, 2018, 11:11:55 pm »
I'm glad you told those entitled sub-Saharan pricks off on the internet. I bet they're all collectively heading for mass and asking for forgiveness right this very second.

entitled in football terms, has fuck all to do with whey they are from,economic status or anything pertaining to that or the nation,county in question.. They can all do one collectively [whoever booed him]

Football performances are not a reason to boo a player who is representing your nation, it's shite behavior.

I am bemused by you defending it or perhaps I'm misreading your post.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:27:53 pm by deFacto »