Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759218 times)

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #6640 on: October 27, 2018, 05:21:02 pm »

My favourite player, hopefully we give him the contract extension he deserves

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6641 on: October 27, 2018, 05:38:19 pm »
Got hold of that one for his first didn’t he?  Was worried for their keeper for a moment, could have taken a limb off.  Seemed like there was a bit of frustration behind that.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #6642 on: October 28, 2018, 09:49:23 am »
Was sat close to the second half action in my seat low down in the Kenny stand, the noise off the boot for his first goal was just awesome.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6643 on: October 28, 2018, 11:06:36 am »
Two quality finishes. Such a dynamic player, especially in that form.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #6644 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:52 pm »
He's like Suarez in so many ways sometimes. Can look like he has moonboots on for half a game then all of a sudden just does something incredible out of nothing and takes control of things from then on.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6645 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:28 pm »
That turn and hit is something he’s done before, such power in so small a space..

And the pace goal at the end.. it was like playing FIFA 19
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6646 on: October 28, 2018, 09:29:11 pm »
Reminds me of Suarez, a scruffy dribbler. Doesn't have perfect technique or touch but makes up for it with incredible reactions and ridiculous desire. He is a bit of a tw@t as well which is always a positive.

His goal against Cardiff was pure Suarez for me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6647 on: October 29, 2018, 01:10:52 am »
Reminds me of Suarez, a scruffy dribbler. Doesn't have perfect technique or touch but makes up for it with incredible reactions and ridiculous desire. He is a bit of a tw@t as well which is always a positive.

His goal against Cardiff was pure Suarez for me.

Suarez NUTmegs.  ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #6648 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:13 am »
My favourite player, hopefully we give him the contract extension he deserves
Got a feeling he doesn't want one
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6649 on: October 29, 2018, 01:26:07 am »
Got a feeling he doesn't want one

100mil plus then
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6650 on: October 29, 2018, 08:42:04 pm »
total silence with regards to a new contract then?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #6651 on: October 29, 2018, 09:00:56 pm »
Yeah, got a feeling he’ll be off soon as he seems to be holding off signing a new contract and I would assume the club would have offered him similar terms to Salah and Fermino and won’t go much above that.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6652 on: October 29, 2018, 09:01:19 pm »
You're not going to get a day by day update, there was a report earlier in the month that the talks are going well. He's got a contract until 2020 as it is

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #6653 on: October 29, 2018, 09:03:20 pm »
You're not going to get a day by day update, there was a report earlier in the month that the talks are going well. He's got a contract until 2020 as it is

Not 2021?
Internet terrorist

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6654 on: October 29, 2018, 09:03:45 pm »

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #6655 on: October 29, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »
So who is after him? Real?
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #6656 on: October 29, 2018, 09:18:29 pm »

I know, just a little worried as Salah and Fermino’s contracts were sorted very quickly and with little fuss where as this one has take a bit longer to get sorted, and well we have been heartbroken before!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6657 on: October 29, 2018, 09:20:18 pm »
Yeah, got a feeling he’ll be off soon as he seems to be holding off signing a new contract and I would assume the club would have offered him similar terms to Salah and Fermino and won’t go much above that.

He’s got no real affliction to the club like Carra and Stevie did so if he does go I wouldn’t be surprised.

Hope he stays tho as he’s a class player. But if he does go then we need to make sure it’s abroad and for for top whack.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6658 on: October 29, 2018, 10:05:52 pm »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6659 on: October 29, 2018, 10:19:52 pm »
He’s got no real affliction to the club like Carra and Stevie did so if he does go I wouldn’t be surprised.

Hope he stays tho as he’s a class player. But if he does go then we need to make sure it’s abroad and for for top whack.

Doesn't his contract run until 2021? I think Klopp touched on that in one of his pressers too. Mane will get a new contract next summer in all probability. Salah had to be renewed to reward his performances and Bobby to tie down on a contract running out. With Sadio, there's plenty of time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6660 on: October 29, 2018, 10:27:35 pm »
Doesn't his contract run until 2021? I think Klopp touched on that in one of his pressers too. Mane will get a new contract next summer in all probability. Salah had to be renewed to reward his performances and Bobby to tie down on a contract running out. With Sadio, there's plenty of time.

It does and his agent is also Naby's agent so we have a good relationship with him on all levels.

I don't foresee this being an issue, we've entered negotiations, some go quicker some don't.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6661 on: October 30, 2018, 01:41:45 am »
So who is after him? Real?
Why would he go to a mid-table team?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: October 30, 2018, 05:42:46 am »
Even if his contract has a few more years to run, we cannot allow a Can situation. He should be sold if he doesn’t show commitment.
Personally I don’t think we will miss him- better players out there: Dembele, Sancho, Pulisic, Bailey etc

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6663 on: October 30, 2018, 06:54:07 am »
Even if his contract has a few more years to run, we cannot allow a Can situation. He should be sold if he doesn’t show commitment.
Personally I don’t think we will miss him- better players out there: Dembele, Sancho, Pulisic, Bailey etc

What actual proof have you got that these lot are better? They might be tearing it up in the Bundesliga, but so did Xhaka and our Naby.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: October 30, 2018, 07:05:52 am »
What actual proof have you got that these lot are better? They might be tearing it up in the Bundesliga, but so did Xhaka and our Naby.

because they are not playing for us of course. and they look the shit on youtube scouting report.

They may be better players but I don't think they will be a better fit in the system right now.

I do think that Mane can be a bit inconsistent in his play. His touch can also be a bit poor. But despite all that, he keeps scoring. I don't think that we have a more explosive player in the squad. Our 3rd goal vs cardiff just sums him up perfectly. Losing the ball, winning it back and suddenly the net rips. How he manage to get such power and placement in the shot with such limited space just baffles me. Added positive is that the goal just killed the game off and knocked the hope out of the Cardiff players.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6665 on: October 30, 2018, 07:11:44 am »

Wtf Mane is dynamite. He's clearly not a technically perfect player, but his movement and just raw athleticism combined with that nuclear acceleration and unpredictability make him a great player. The likes of Dembele or Sancho could replace him if he does leave as they are also superbly talented players but Dembele just moved for a 100m. That should tell you how good Mane is. He is replaceable but we can't take his quality for granted.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6666 on: October 30, 2018, 08:36:52 am »

Not one of those players is as good, only Sancho and Dembele truly have the ability to, Pulisic for example is incredibly overrated on this site, said last summer Sancho would outshine him by a distance and look what is happening.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6667 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:16 am »

Dramatic much?

Just not signing a new deal, at this stage, does not indicate a lack of commitment. There are a load of different reasons why it may not have been completed yet, and I am sure we'll see it sorted sooner rather than later.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #6668 on: October 30, 2018, 08:46:04 am »
The first two perhaps have higher ceiling, but non of them are better now. Also, with Mane, his skillset is unique and hard to replace. Non of those players bring to the table what Mane does.

I don't get the fuss about his contact though. He got until 2021. Firmino previous contract was until 2020, and he renewed it last April. I'm guessing negotiations are ongoing but in a calm pace, and I think that it will happen in the second half of the season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6669 on: October 30, 2018, 08:52:47 am »
Pulisic is better than Mane?  ;D

Lads you've all been had.... hook, line and sinker.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6670 on: October 30, 2018, 10:08:34 am »
Pulisic is better than Mane?  ;D

Lads you've all been had.... hook, line and sinker.

Dunno, a lot of the Americans on here probably share that view the amount they've been hyping him the last few years despite a whopping ten league goals to his name

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: October 30, 2018, 10:10:47 am »
Dembele I'll give him. Has the potential to be a future Ballon d'Or winner that lad. A special, special talent. France are very lucky to have both him and Mbappé.

As for the rest of em...Not a chance they're better than Sadio Mane.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6672 on: October 30, 2018, 10:17:12 am »

1. This isnt Can, Mane has 3 years left.on his contract. So that comparison i pointless. Nonsense to sell the lad who has 3 years on his deal but thankfully you arent in charge
2. None of those are better than Manw, they have the potential to be but none of them are. Especially in terms.of end product. Mane since he has played in England has scored in double digits every season.

He's a tremendous player

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: October 30, 2018, 10:22:58 am »

haha good man. I was in need of a chuckle today. Some people will no doubt think you're serious too

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: October 30, 2018, 10:32:50 am »
The hysteria that a bit of controversy generates here is what I like about RAWK😀
Comedy gold- brings the forum to life💃

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6675 on: October 30, 2018, 10:34:44 am »
The hysteria that a bit of controversy idiocy generates here is what I like about RAWK😀
Comedy gold- brings the forum to life💃

Corrected.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6676 on: October 30, 2018, 10:35:27 am »
1. This isnt Can, Mane has 3 years left.on his contract. So that comparison i pointless. Nonsense to sell the lad who has 3 years on his deal but thankfully you arent in charge
2. None of those are better than Manw, they have the potential to be but none of them are. Especially in terms.of end product. Mane since he has played in England has scored in double digits every season.

He's a tremendous player
weird argument, how many years did Coutinho have left on his contract?

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6677 on: October 30, 2018, 10:38:24 am »
weird argument, how many years did Coutinho have left on his contract?

There is no comparison to Mane and Coutinho, like there isn't between Mane and Can.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6678 on: October 30, 2018, 11:04:42 am »
There is no comparison to Mane and Coutinho, like there isn't between Mane and Can.
there's no argument for a player's contract length for whether they stay or not

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #6679 on: October 30, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
Mane's just something else. He's a jack-in-the-box and special.
The only player for instance who was a thorn in the side of Real Madrid in the final. Even with Madrids lacklustre CL showing last season, I couldn't remember a player who could do that to them during the CL. C*nts- they have their eye on him for that, I'm sure.

That enough, is proof of an exceptional talent. Tenaciousness is the word. That's what the others don't have. Dembele is definitely a different sort of player, but no-thanks... I'll stick with Mane because he already fits us like a glove.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:28:45 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist