Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 428943 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #1040 on: July 4, 2020, 04:40:50 am »
Maybe we wanted tiki-taka, but we got Taki...   ;D

I like the kid, he will come good, I'm sure.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: July 6, 2020, 07:17:58 am »
This kid will eventually comes good, just likes Fabinho.
Believer

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: July 6, 2020, 10:58:15 am »
This kid will eventually comes good, just likes Fabinho.

Am a little surprised he didn't start in the Firmino role yesterday. H

Assuming we want to rotate through this period, I'd have thought Origi would struggle against a packed defence that take no risks building from the back like Villa, but might have some joy against Brighton, if they continue to try and play the ball in areas we can counter press and then exploit Origi's pace.

Would have been good to see if he looked coherent playing with Mane and Salah yesterday.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: July 6, 2020, 11:40:15 am »
The next 3 games are in the span of a week? He will get time in those games.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1044 on: July 6, 2020, 12:29:58 pm »
I rewatched the Salzburg games recently (sporadic lockdown boredom) and his play was on another level compared to what we've seen so far in scouse red - running and weaving and dribbling and creating and scoring. And that was against the soon-to-be English, European and World Champions; i.e not too shoddy a team.

In other words, he's just going through an acclimatising period and at some point will explode into action with his Tiki Taki Tricksiness.

Nothing to worry about
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: July 6, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »
I rewatched the Salzburg games recently (sporadic lockdown boredom) and his play was on another level compared to what we've seen so far in scouse red - running and weaving and dribbling and creating and scoring. And that was against the soon-to-be English, European and World Champions; i.e not too shoddy a team.

In other words, he's just going through an acclimatising period and at some point will explode into action with his Tiki Taki Tricksiness.

Nothing to worry about

Yep.  I've been watching some of his highlights myself at Salzburg.

There's absolutely no doubt he's an incredibly talented player.

Most players take time to acclimatise to playing for us and he's no different.

In addition, just from what I've seen of him, he just looks too humble on the pitch for us.  What we've seen of him for Salzburg was not only a very gifted player, but a player that exuded confidence in himself - not afraid to take players on/ try things.

That'll come, and hopefully he'll start exerting himself a little more out there.

Got all the tools.  And what a steal at the price we got him at.  Is worth far far more.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: July 6, 2020, 03:21:27 pm »
I hope he gets a few games before the season end. Origi has shown us what he can/can't do so time to give Takumi a go, especially as the league is won. He looks to me the sort of player who makes runs and finds space, so his team mates need to play with him to be able to read his runs and for him to adjust to them. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1047 on: July 7, 2020, 12:21:12 pm »
Yep.  I've been watching some of his highlights myself at Salzburg.

There's absolutely no doubt he's an incredibly talented player.

Most players take time to acclimatise to playing for us and he's no different.

In addition, just from what I've seen of him, he just looks too humble on the pitch for us.  What we've seen of him for Salzburg was not only a very gifted player, but a player that exuded confidence in himself - not afraid to take players on/ try things.

That'll come, and hopefully he'll start exerting himself a little more out there.

Got all the tools.  And what a steal at the price we got him at.  Is worth far far more.

This feels like a very good analysis - the thing missing seems to be that confidence of 'nah, fuck you, I belong here' - it's understandable that he might struggle with it given that he has walked into such a good team, but hopefully he finds his way - there's a talent there.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #1048 on: July 7, 2020, 10:00:14 pm »

Regrettably not seen anything in him. Neither for us nor from watching lots of youtube videos after a few on here said he looked good. I don't think he did look that good. Not enough pace or tricks or power. Even his through balls seem over hit. Looks like a less skilful vlady smicer and doesn't fit into any of the front three positions. Don't understand the signing and regrettably doesn't seem good enough for a team that wants to win trophies in England and Europe.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1049 on: July 7, 2020, 10:04:17 pm »
Regrettably not seen anything in him. Neither for us nor from watching lots of youtube videos after a few on here said he looked good. I don't think he did look that good. Not enough pace or tricks or power. Even his through balls seem over hit. Looks like a less skilful vlady smicer and doesn't fit into any of the front three positions. Don't understand the signing and regrettably doesn't seem good enough for a team that wants to win trophies in England and Europe.

He was cheap so will sell him on for a profit if he doesn’t make it here. And if he does do well it opens up the Japanese market even more from a retail perspective.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: July 7, 2020, 10:07:46 pm »

Just go back and watch him play against us for Salzburg in the Champions League, where he was so good that our own players told Klopp that he'd be perfect for us.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1051 on: July 7, 2020, 10:30:48 pm »
Is he as bad as Trent is on free kicks? The world is anxious to hear your verdict
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 01:05:31 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1052 on: July 7, 2020, 10:32:08 pm »
Just go back and watch him play against us for Salzburg in the Champions League, where he was so good that our own players told Klopp that he'd be perfect for us.
He was great in those games. So busy and productive - against us, one of the better defences and midfields in world football, not some no mark team

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: July 7, 2020, 10:45:51 pm »
He was great in those games. So busy and productive - against us, one of the better defences and midfields in world football, not some no mark team

Exactly. We conceded three to a small team at home, shortly after he was moved from the position on the right which marginalised him. He and they put in a performance that made an impression on the team and our manager. Scored a good goal. Set up a goal, ghosting between Fabinho and VVD, and showing up a player as good as Gomez with his assist.

Not regrettably, I reckon Reeves is wrong to write him off

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: July 7, 2020, 10:46:24 pm »
He's gonna be a fucking star in this team. You heard that here first (maybe?).

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: July 7, 2020, 10:59:36 pm »
He’s made a grand total of 10 appearances for us, yes, that’s right, 10. And you seemingly have written him off already. Klopp will be patient with Minamino just like he was with others before him. I’m glad you studied Youtube and formed an opinion :lmao
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1056 on: July 7, 2020, 11:18:48 pm »
That Henderson lad runs funny and he's not fit enough to lace Stevie's boots.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: July 7, 2020, 11:20:46 pm »
At this rate, someone is going to write him off just because he is Chinese!  It's ridiculous!

(Japanese)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1058 on: July 7, 2020, 11:28:03 pm »
What does Klopp do best, take something and shape it

Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Jones, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Gomez, Fabinho

None of the above appeared as stars, now they are regarded as some of the best players in the world, some also took time to set alight

Relax, amazing what a difference a goal or two will make
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1059 on: July 8, 2020, 10:43:03 am »
I love that he slated him, hit post and then thought ‘shit didn’t quite slate him enough’ and copied his post and then just posted again :lmao

Reeves, you’d think with your track record recently you’d actually try and give our players some respect.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: July 8, 2020, 10:53:35 am »
The last 12 hours of posts in this thread
 :lmao :lmao :lmao

Who'd have thought that a mid season transfer, moving to a new country, moving to a team breaking all sorts of records, a team that other new players have needed 6 months and a pre season to get used to,  being locked down for 3 months after only being here for 2. Who would have thought that maybe these things have affected what we've seen on the pitch.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: July 8, 2020, 10:59:41 am »
The last 12 hours of posts in this thread
 :lmao :lmao :lmao

Who'd have thought that a mid season transfer, moving to a new country, moving to a team breaking all sorts of records, a team that other new players have needed 6 months and a pre season to get used to,  being locked down for 3 months after only being here for 2. Who would have thought that maybe these things have affected what we've seen on the pitch.

And to top it off, the poster has concluded this just after a game that Minamino didn't even feature in!

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: July 8, 2020, 11:10:27 am »
Just like to echo some of the above comments. He's not good enough and doesn't fit with how we want to play. Like that lad we bought from Hull in the swap deal for Kevin Stewart a few years back. Brought in to solve our left back issues but plays third fiddle to Moreno and Milner, when will we learn...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1063 on: July 8, 2020, 11:12:00 am »
With the links to Thiago and Minamino coming in, I'm wondering if we're consciously moving to a more technical style of play instead of relying on running all over teams.  Could be the next evolution of this team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: July 8, 2020, 11:14:07 am »
And to top it off, the poster has concluded this just after a game that Minamino didn't even feature in!

It's one of the things that frustrates and amuses me in equal measure about this place, and probably other places to be fair.

It's the absolute conviction that their opinions, which are based on probably less than 1% of the information that the people who actually matter have, are right.

I know it's a discussion forum etc. but at least lets try and make it as informed as possible. But no, coming off a period when around half our 1st team have had a bedding in period. Some fella, despite all that I listed above has decided that Minamino is not for him.

Now longer term he could be proved right, broken clocks and all that, but I do wonder whether that's the motivation. To be "right" and more importantly, be the first to be right?

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #1065 on: July 8, 2020, 11:21:56 am »
Is he as bad as Trent is on free kicks? The world is anxious to hear your verdict

Ha. That was a good free kick TAA scored the other day, but my comment prior to that was following a long run of less than impressive free kicks. I suppose we've been spoiled in recent years by Suarez, Gerrard and to a lesser extent Coutinho. TAA's free kicks are not at their level of consistency yet. Hopefully that will come. 

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #1066 on: July 8, 2020, 11:26:45 am »
Reeves, you’d think with your track record recently you’d actually try and give our players some respect.

I think you're conflating respect and honest opinion.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: July 8, 2020, 11:38:54 am »
Ha. That was a good free kick TAA scored the other day, but my comment prior to that was following a long run of less than impressive free kicks. I suppose we've been spoiled in recent years by Suarez, Gerrard and to a lesser extent Coutinho. TAA's free kicks are not at their level of consistency yet. Hopefully that will come. 

Trent has scored about four or five free kicks. Gerrard scored 9 apparently, in over five times as many games.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: July 8, 2020, 12:07:43 pm »
Trent has scored about four or five free kicks. Gerrard scored 9 apparently, in over five times as many games.

Oi!  No facts in here please.  Its all about perceived perception!!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: July 8, 2020, 01:06:15 pm »

I'm adding this to my signature.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: July 8, 2020, 01:39:23 pm »
I'm adding this to my signature.
I hope you don't jinx it Roy.
You've got a 50% hit rate after Charlie and Robbo.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: July 8, 2020, 01:51:53 pm »
It’s true. The only times I’ve ever had an opinion on a player. ;D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: July 8, 2020, 02:23:45 pm »
I was very very impressed by him when they played against us. I was totally convinced we got the better player in him as compared to haaland. my only concern is that as someone mentioned before, he doesn't seem to be the cocky/confident type like Haaland. It seems like he doesn't believe he's worthy of our team when in actual fact if he played like he did in those two games he would be perfect for us. Let's hope klopp works his magic on him.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1073 on: July 8, 2020, 02:48:59 pm »
This guy has a great football brain. He takes up great positions but he just need a little luck of something falling for him, even a deflected goal.

You could almost sense he is in awe of those around him that it appears to curtailed his own expression on the pitch.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: July 8, 2020, 04:54:45 pm »
This guy has a great football brain. He takes up great positions but he just need a little luck of something falling for him, even a deflected goal.

You could almost sense he is in awe of those around him that it appears to curtailed his own expression on the pitch.

Needs more chances playing in a team that has two fast forwards too, as our system relies on. Still don't really get why Origi started the other day, with Mane and Salah.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1075 on: July 8, 2020, 10:16:06 pm »
It’ll come, can deffo see the flickers of ability in him. Would like to see him start a game in that Bobby role, with Mane and Salah either side.
AHA!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: July 8, 2020, 10:16:58 pm »
Why did he take that wide?

I want to feed him steaks and tell him he’s Pelé.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: July 8, 2020, 10:17:53 pm »
That "needs to bulk up" assessment is often a cliche but it is true in this case. He just bounces off every player, as he is now he is far too lightweight.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1078 on: July 8, 2020, 10:20:20 pm »
This is why I think he'd be much better in midfield than trying to use him in Bobby's role.  He doesn't have anywhere near the strength of Firmino, they're different types of players and he should ideally be playing as a 10 or an 8, moving the ball quickly and making runs ahead of our centre forward.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: July 8, 2020, 10:22:24 pm »
Paradoxically though he uses his body really well - bit like Mane. If he develops physically he’ll be a hell of a pain. He already is in a buzzing wasp sort of way.