Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3120160 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #33400 on: July 3, 2022, 08:03:50 am »
^^^ These statistics are a bit out of context though. For example, Salah was brilliant the first half of last season, but was a different player after AFCON. Mane was the one pulling us through in the 2nd half. Plus, their styles were very different. Mane in a beast mode was unstoppable; he would take on a defender, he would press, he would lose a ball and get back in there to recover it. So the comparison is not quite fair, because his finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

I actually think that Mane's work rate has been replaced with Lucho's almost one to one. We have a similar beast in the same position, albeit with a slightly different style. But Salah staying was always critical to our future, be it for one or two years; two years would have been ideal, one a bit too short, but not bad, three... I don't know.

I think an extra year, even if he deteriorates significantly, is worth it for the immediate gains and the scarcity of worthwhile right attackers at the moment. Assuming the second half of last season was physical and mental fatigue (as opposed to the gee up which Mane evidently got from the same tournament). The poor decisionmaking points to fatigue being the issue.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33401 on: July 3, 2022, 08:04:55 am »
I think if we had no Salah and Gnabry was one of the 5 attackers then its possible to rotate but with Salah you have no choice but to play him in 99% of your league and meaningful CL games (rightly so), which means effectively 4 top players are vying for 2 positions.

That is of course also doable but when four of those are some of the best attackers in Europe (Gnabry, Jota, Nunez and Diaz) then its tough.

Even if we lose Bobby next summer there is a chance we dont replace him simply because we will want Carvalho to kick on a level if thats who we have earmarked as an attacker.
Given what we paid for Núñez, he's nailed on too. Effectively, there's only one "free" spot in our attack.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33402 on: July 3, 2022, 08:05:47 am »
Totally LFC-relevant comment: I lived in Troyes for a year. It's a cool little city and I loved it there. I went to a few matches (this was 2005-2006, during a short sting in Ligue 1), and they were fine - but I seriously never saw a single person wearing any sort of shirt/scarf/whatever outside of the stadium. A few other clubs' supporters wandered around town chanting at people, but the response was usually a bemused "I don't even know what you're talking about" face. The only time I ever noticed any sort of excitement for a match was when Lyon were in town...because all of the girls in the high school where I taught thought Coupet was handsome.

Troyes are own by City Football Group now too, presumably they work on the basis that having no fans is a good thing.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33404 on: July 3, 2022, 11:23:37 am »
It’s not about numbers it’s about quality and having the right attributes at our disposal, we have too many nice players, I’d like us too find someone who will make us horrible to play against

If Klopp wanted that type of player he'd have brought one in by now don't you think? 

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #33405 on: July 3, 2022, 11:24:32 am »
^^^
That reads exactly like it was written by someone who avidly reads this thread😊
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33406 on: July 3, 2022, 11:42:39 am »
I like Bellingham. He’s great now. At 25 he could be a very top tier midfielder, especially if he develops under Klopp and Ljnders et al. I like Barrella a lot too. If we could get one of them who do you pick?. I’m erring on Barrella I think, a bit grittier which I like but Bellingham may become the better player.

I really like Bellingham, but I'd probably go with Barella. Already a top level player, but still at a good age of 25. And would probably cost less than Bellingham ...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33407 on: July 3, 2022, 11:43:04 am »
There's no way we're signing a 19-20 year who's wage demands would be a stumbling block. If Bellingham ends up here he'll be on a salary commensurate with his ability, age and price.

Nunez (with add-ons) will be our most expensive signing but far from our highest earner according to reports.]
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33408 on: July 3, 2022, 11:49:04 am »
There's no way we're signing a 19-20 year who's wage demands would be a stumbling block. If Bellingham ends up here he'll be on a salary commensurate with his ability, age and price.

Nunez (with add-ons) will be our most expensive signing but far from our highest earner according to reports.]

Pearce is speculating, because Real Madrid are in the picture. Bellingham won't join us on £200,000 per week, if Real Madrid offer him £400,000 per week. By the way, I don't think that Chelsea or Man Utd are serious contenders for Bellingham. It will be between us and Real Madrid ...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33409 on: July 3, 2022, 01:13:47 pm »

Don’t worry Jude, that’ll be you soon

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33410 on: July 3, 2022, 01:26:15 pm »

He looks about 10 sitting behind that tall desk ;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #33411 on: July 3, 2022, 01:43:58 pm »

https://theathletic.com/3394992/2022/07/03/liverpool-mailbag-jude-bellingham-oxlade-chamberlain-keita-contract

Bellingham is set to be the same pissing contest that Tchouameni turned into this summer.

It's a bit like Haaland, unless you're an oil club, or Real Madrid/United who'll pay top drawer wages, if you're going to sign him get him from Salzburg (and Bellingham from Birmingham). Carvalho has great potential and we've got him at the right time, rather than a huge bidding war in two years if he'd gone to Dortmund or somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 01:47:59 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33412 on: July 3, 2022, 01:47:38 pm »
Bellingham is set to be the same pissing contest that Tchouameni turned into this summer.

We're lucky that there is a whole season for another player to prove themselves worthy of being a target.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33413 on: July 3, 2022, 02:27:04 pm »
Rather unsurprisingly the only source for this figure when you search Google is one of your own posts on here  ::)

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33414 on: July 3, 2022, 02:29:20 pm »
^^^
That reads exactly like it was written by someone who avidly reads this thread😊

I thought it was that Tim Bolton blert at first, its a load of posts robbed off here isn't it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #33415 on: July 3, 2022, 02:37:52 pm »
Rather unsurprisingly the only source for this figure when you search Google is one of your own posts on here  ::)

It actually is, that’s great :D

I’m pretty sure that makes Peter a trusted source now though, so jokes on you. #Mbappe23
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33416 on: July 3, 2022, 02:41:01 pm »

Samie will be happy it’s Fabio day.

Maybe, a kebab to celebrate a shower later.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #33417 on: July 3, 2022, 02:49:33 pm »
Given what we paid for Núñez, he's nailed on too. Effectively, there's only one "free" spot in our attack.

The 5 subs changes everything.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33418 on: July 3, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
Any news on Neco or Phillips?  Seems to have all gone quiet on that front and teams are starting their pre-seasons this week.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #33419 on: July 3, 2022, 02:56:33 pm »
Number 10 shirt still vacant, just saying, like...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33420 on: July 3, 2022, 02:58:53 pm »

Yeah interesting that Elliott didn't take that one.  Could mean a new signing, could just be Jota or someone getting seniority and picking it up.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #33421 on: July 3, 2022, 03:04:26 pm »
Is Barnes and Mane two of our greatest number 10's?

I know Barnes wore the number 10 but he was retiring from the game just as I was old to enough to remember watching the game, but Mane for me is right up there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #33422 on: July 3, 2022, 03:09:23 pm »
Is Barnes and Mane two of our greatest number 10's?

I know Barnes wore the number 10 but he was retiring from the game just as I was old to enough to remember watching the game, but Mane for me is right up there.

Barnes
Coutinho
Owen

Offline Ruddock

• Main Stander
« Reply #33423 on: July 3, 2022, 03:40:20 pm »
Barnes
Coutinho
Owen

I would rank Terry McDermott and Toshack higher than Coutinho. Toshack did wear other numbers as well though if I remember correctly..
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 03:42:46 pm by Ruddock »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33424 on: July 3, 2022, 03:41:35 pm »

Jota takes 10, then Nunez gets Bobby's 9 in a year and Diaz takes the 7 from Milner.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33425 on: July 3, 2022, 03:45:21 pm »
No one's mentioned Molby?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33426 on: July 3, 2022, 04:11:42 pm »
If Klopp wanted that type of player he'd have brought one in by now don't you think?

Did you miss the fact that we tried to sign Tchouameni this summer?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33427 on: July 3, 2022, 04:15:28 pm »
We're lucky that there is a whole season for another player to prove themselves worthy of being a target.

Yep, in the same way that Haaland was never a serious option we’ve landed on a player with quite a similar profile in Nunez, so the distraction and talk will be about a Bellingham but he will sign for Chelsea or United if they make champions league

We will have our own target being tracked- it’s a shame but the time to sign Bellingham was when he was still at Birmingham City

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #33428 on: July 3, 2022, 04:27:13 pm »
Yep, in the same way that Haaland was never a serious option we’ve landed on a player with quite a similar profile in Nunez, so the distraction and talk will be about a Bellingham but he will sign for Chelsea or United if they make champions league

We will have our own target being tracked- it’s a shame but the time to sign Bellingham was when he was still at Birmingham City

I hope we aren't not signing someone this summer in the hope Bellingham will sign for us next year for what will be a club record fee on half the wages he'll be offered at a handful of other clubs.

Either way we need other irons in the fire next summer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33429 on: July 3, 2022, 05:02:25 pm »
Never doubt Ivan...

Ivan Schwakoff Transfer News
@Ivan_Schwakoff
NEW ✅

#LFC this morning have an agreement in place with #Dortmund to sign Jude Bellingham. It’s only a matter of steps on the players side.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33430 on: July 3, 2022, 05:08:31 pm »
Never doubt Ivan...

Obviously that's clearly nonsense, but I do think he'll end up here within the next season or two.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33431 on: July 3, 2022, 05:10:19 pm »
Never doubt Ivan...

Excited abiut this, a transfer to Schwakoff to.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33432 on: July 3, 2022, 05:20:26 pm »
Mofo been looking at  this thread.  ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33433 on: July 3, 2022, 05:29:21 pm »
There’s been a lot of concern about our squad getting older, but add Bellingham and we have a quite frankly ridiculous amount of talent aged 25 or under.

Kelleher, Trent, Ramsay, Gomez, Konate, Jones, Elliott, Carvalho, Diaz, Jota, Darwin. Obviously still plenty mileage on most of the older members of the squad, but shows the strong position we’ve put ourselves in for sustained success. And, of course, there’s plenty talent in the U21s who could potentially break through too.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #33434 on: July 3, 2022, 05:36:22 pm »
Any truth to these Bellingham rumours or just twitter bollocks?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33435 on: July 3, 2022, 05:37:52 pm »
Never doubt Ivan...

Peabee is the one for insider info...
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33436 on: July 3, 2022, 05:38:05 pm »
Depends, are you enlightened Moz?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #33437 on: July 3, 2022, 05:38:15 pm »

I would guess bollocks certainly for this season. I suspect we will be negotiating new deals eg Keita and Gomez and concentrating on outs now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33438 on: July 3, 2022, 05:41:02 pm »

It's just Samie trying to get more traffic to his blag Twitter account, don't get suckered in.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33439 on: July 3, 2022, 05:41:27 pm »
Jill has clearly not been enlightened.