Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 452127 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #1280 on: February 29, 2020, 12:57:30 am »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: February 29, 2020, 01:05:30 am »
Post two.

Flair/Dusty - GAB 1986
Flair/Steamboat - Chi Town Rumble 1989
Flair/Funk - Clash 1989
Flair/Vader - Starrcade 1993
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1283 on: February 29, 2020, 08:23:27 am »
They do have a weird thing with Goldberg, maybe Vince is just trying to make up for wasting him a bit in his first run when he could actually put on believable squashes. Bray has hardly been buried though, champion for what, 3 months? Went over Rollins and Bryan and now got a WM match with Cena.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: February 29, 2020, 10:57:33 am »
Hogan, Austin and The Rock are in the god tier for me. Everyone else like Ric Flair, HBK and Undertaker are in the legendary tier below.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1285 on: February 29, 2020, 11:06:30 am »
Unpopular opinion time. I still love Goldberg. Him destroying people never gets old for me. Although I should add I'm a much more casual viewer than those upset with this whole thing.

That being said they could still have him making these cameos, but have him go over more suitable opponents.

Has anyone ever been as protected as Goldberg by the way? His win ratio must be insane. It will never, ever, ever happen, but he could still pull off the biggest surprise of his career I think. Squashing Triple H. That would just be a huge moment. But again, it's fantasy booking. Even though he's done it to Lesnar already.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: February 29, 2020, 11:36:15 am »
Bray has hardly been buried though, champion for what, 3 months? Went over Rollins and Bryan and now got a WM match with Cena.
He may of went over Rollins but let's remember what happened in that feud, they botched him winning the title at Hell in a cell after one of the the worst endings to a wrestling match ever. Even when he took the title from Rollins after that, the ending of Hell in a Cell still left a bad tast in people's mouth as it felt like WWE We're giving the Fiend the belt to right a wrong but that wrong shouldn't have even taken place at all.

For me the ending of Hell in a Cell with Rollins was a dent in the Fiend's credibility but Oldberg beating him completely killed the aura of the character. Also he's facing Cena so he can get a win back from six years ago at Mania, that's a win though he shouldn't even be needing to get back in the first place as there was nothing wrong with the original Bray Wyatt character and it was stupid WWE booking that ruined it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: February 29, 2020, 01:16:37 pm »
He may of went over Rollins but let's remember what happened in that feud, they botched him winning the title at Hell in a cell after one of the the worst endings to a wrestling match ever. Even when he took the title from Rollins after that, the ending of Hell in a Cell still left a bad tast in people's mouth as it felt like WWE We're giving the Fiend the belt to right a wrong but that wrong shouldn't have even taken place at all.

For me the ending of Hell in a Cell with Rollins was a dent in the Fiend's credibility but Oldberg beating him completely killed the aura of the character. Also he's facing Cena so he can get a win back from six years ago at Mania, that's a win though he shouldn't even be needing to get back in the first place as there was nothing wrong with the original Bray Wyatt character and it was stupid WWE booking that ruined it.

But none of it really matters does it? They can rebuild him in a month. People don't really remember wins and losses after a few weeks.

And honestly his character shouldn't have the belt, it's weird and just chokes out the main event.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: February 29, 2020, 01:34:31 pm »
They made it pretty tricky by making him indestructible in the first place.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: February 29, 2020, 01:49:54 pm »
Bring back Gillberg!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: February 29, 2020, 01:58:12 pm »
Bring back Gillberg!

Surprised he’s not turned up in TNA AEW considering how well jobbers GOATs do there

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: February 29, 2020, 02:02:22 pm »
Surprised he’s not turned up in TNA AEW considering how well jobbers GOATs do there

Fucking appalled and his alt Eel Lobo have always irrationally hated Jericho and AEW, no point in arguing, they're not interested in making a debate out of it.

Where's that Mad Max "it's bait."gif?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: February 29, 2020, 02:11:23 pm »
A jobber who beat the Rock and Stone Cold on the same night some jobber him lol

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: February 29, 2020, 02:13:19 pm »
Nah I honestly think Gillberg with a nice silk scarf and a stylish millennial waxed mustache could be money.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1294 on: February 29, 2020, 02:14:16 pm »
Don't think anyone can look at this and then take the piss out of Jericho.  The absolute state of Wyatt.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: February 29, 2020, 02:14:44 pm »
Maybe carry a pen and a list and saying " You are next mate".

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: February 29, 2020, 02:15:39 pm »
Don't think anyone can look at this and then take the piss out of Jericho.  The absolute state of Wyatt.

A man after you own heart Fatty, don't lie.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: February 29, 2020, 02:18:08 pm »
Maybe carry a pen and a list and saying " You are next mate".

Course you can, it’s all pretty dreadful.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1298 on: February 29, 2020, 02:18:15 pm »
A man after you own heart Fatty, don't lie.

Me on casual Fridays.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: February 29, 2020, 09:25:54 pm »
State of Cena there aswell. Dresses like a cartoon character at the ripe age of 42

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31:33 pm »
State of Cena there aswell. Dresses like a cartoon character at the ripe age of 42

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: February 29, 2020, 09:42:47 pm »
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:45:13 pm by kloppagetime »

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:32 pm »

I mean he is a boomer. The whole point is he is doing stuff he thinks is cool, but is actually completely outdated and he looks like a fool.

It's basically meant to exhibit the same feeling I had when I saw a near 60 year old Axel Rose self indulgently faff about at Download Festival a few years ago

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: February 29, 2020, 10:37:09 pm »
Is right.

It’s like people knocking Goldberg. It’s all an act, he’s as fresh as he ever was but botching moves, struggling to get anyone up for a jackhammer is the ultimate heel move. He’s played the wrestling audience like a fiddle this last year.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1304 on: February 29, 2020, 11:18:01 pm »
It's not an alt you fool, I got my name changed by a mod.

Pretty solid start, I'd add Foley, Benoit, Triple H, Nash, Hall, Vader, Terry Funk off the top of my head. Some were way ahead in ring, other (Nash for example) were way bigger stars.

Jericho is the next tier below, with Edge, Booker, Rude, probably Goldust, Luger, a bunch more I'm forgetting.

Lol

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1305 on: February 29, 2020, 11:18:26 pm »
Coincidentally Gillberg wrestled his final match last night.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: February 29, 2020, 11:23:38 pm »
Lol

Not enough catchphrases and hair plugs in that list?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1307 on: March 1, 2020, 05:55:04 am »
I mean he is a boomer.

Nope. There's a tier between Boomer and Millenial called Generation X, that currently covers ages 40-59. Jericho is 49.

Anyway it's 6am, I've watched Revolution, disected it with friends, and am finally going to bed. I'll post thoughts tomorrow if I can tear myself from the Eurovision national finals taking place this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2020, 05:58:18 am by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #1308 on: March 1, 2020, 07:13:36 am »
Its hardly new though is it. I guess you could argue now that he is very much a part-time performer and no longer the face of the company they could change up his attire but I guess this is what people still want to see out of him.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: March 1, 2020, 07:46:46 am »
Its hardly new though is it. I guess you could argue now that he is very much a part-time performer and no longer the face of the company they could change up his attire but I guess this is what people still want to see out of him.

Cena in normal clothes is weird. Cena in a suit is fucking terrifying.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1310 on: March 1, 2020, 09:30:38 am »
Cody with one of the worst wrestling tattoos I've ever seen, definitely top tier. Why do 99% of all wrestlers have shit taste?

AEW next tv special is a War Games style match called Blood & Guts, which is a dig at Vince as thats what he dismissed them as a year ago when they did the Shawn Spears/Cody chair spot (and before Shayna the Vampire).

Once again people seem happy with the PPV, I'm off Monday and Tuesday so will try to catch up on it then.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: March 1, 2020, 09:42:53 am »
Cody with one of the worst wrestling tattoos I've ever seen, definitely top tier. Why do 99% of all wrestlers have shit taste?

AEW next tv special is a War Games style match called Blood & Guts, which is a dig at Vince as thats what he dismissed them as a year ago when they did the Shawn Spears/Cody chair spot (and before Shayna the Vampire).

Once again people seem happy with the PPV, I'm off Monday and Tuesday so will try to catch up on it then.

Is that not AEWs whole reason for being?

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: March 1, 2020, 09:54:35 am »

It's excellent.  Textbook example of how to book your main title match and keep both competitors strong.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1313 on: March 1, 2020, 09:56:51 am »
Isn't every wrestling company in the US around because they are an alternative to WWE?

AEW is around because the biggest indie stars in North America became bigger than the indies.

Just read Tony Khan said Awesome Kong has been producing and coaching the womens matches and segments which apparently have had an upturn (bar that Nightmare Collective stuff). It was originally Omega bringing in the Japanese Joshi imports and whilst I think Riho is a star, its Kris Statlander who seems to have gotten over the most.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: March 1, 2020, 01:14:36 pm »
Revolution was a very good show, I zoned out though after the tag team title match which left me breathless. Arguably the greatest tag team wrestling match I have ever seen would actually give it six stars out of five that's how great it was.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1315 on: March 1, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »
Revolution was a solid PPV but I wouldn't say it was outstanding.  The tag match was insane, one of the most fun matches I've ever seen, and Orange Cassidy vs PAC was great for what it was.  Incredible how over he is.

Thought the Cody match was a bit iffy, for all his skills on the mic, MJF isn't there yet as a wrestler.  Mox vs Jericho was decent enough, but they're both fairly similar these days with their offence and need a more bouncy wrestler to play off.

Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara are both superstars in waiting.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: March 1, 2020, 11:14:00 pm »
It's not an alt you fool, I got my name changed by a mod.

Pretty solid start, I'd add Foley, Benoit, Triple H, Nash, Hall, Vader, Terry Funk off the top of my head. Some were way ahead in ring, other (Nash for example) were way bigger stars.

Jericho is the next tier below, with Edge, Booker, Rude, probably Goldust, Luger, a bunch more I'm forgetting.
How were the likes of Vader, Jake or Terry Funk anywhere near to being the draw or in-ring talent Jericho has been? And that's before you get to someone like Nash, who was an embarrassment for most of his main event career.

Have to laugh at the idea Wyatt being booked as invincible is ludicrous when that's been Brock's gimmick for nearly 20 years and Goldberg longer. Or that he looks stupider than someone in his 40's wearing a baseball cap and jorts. Cena looks like a five year old that got dressed by his mum before coming to the arena, and it'll be a travesty when he goes over at Wrestlemania.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: March 1, 2020, 11:16:05 pm »
How were the likes of Vader, Jake or Terry Funk anywhere near to being the draw or in-ring talent Jericho has been? And that's before you get to someone like Nash, who was an embarrassment for most of his main event career.

Have to laugh at the idea Wyatt being booked as invincible is ludicrous when that's been Brock's gimmick for nearly 20 years and Goldberg longer. Or that he looks stupider than someone in his 40's wearing a baseball cap and jorts. Cena looks like a five year old that got dressed by his mum before coming to the arena, and it'll be a travesty when he goes over at Wrestlemania.

All of them (bar one) were way bigger draws, that's not up for debate. And the one is Benoit, who is so much better in the ring that nothing else overcomes that.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #1318 on: March 2, 2020, 12:24:58 am »
Cena in normal clothes is weird. Cena in a suit is fucking terrifying.
He'll likely be at the Hall of Fame this year so you will get to see him in a suit soon enough.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: March 2, 2020, 01:10:59 am »

Is that a wrestling stage or a gameshow set?