Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754469 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2017, 01:27:53 pm »
His stats are awful, like truly awful, but he's a good player and will suit how we play. Also he's homegrown and I think we will be losing a few over next year or so (Sturridge, Milner) So good to get one of the better ones in. Honestly though this home grown doubles the price of any English/Welsh player.

What stats are these?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2017, 01:28:35 pm »
Welcome lad, welcome

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2017, 01:28:52 pm »
What stats are these?

Edited my post, i was referring to his goals scored.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
Welcome Alex, the kit suits you :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »
Edited my post, i was referring to his goals scored.

He's not being signed as a goal scorer though, we have plenty of those.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
Disappointed they could have at least kept it under wraps until 10 minutes before the window closed and we could have been part of that last minute will we, wont we drama.

All joking aside a great signing.

Welcome to LFC.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2017, 01:33:03 pm »

A kid with huge potential, which I believe Klopp can help him realise. One thing that can never be said about him is that he doesn't give his all.
He is aggressive in his choices and willing to take players on and try to make things happen. He never fitted into Arsene Wengers tiki take lite, but I think he might do just fine in Jurgens Heavy Metal football!
Welcome to Liverpool!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2017, 01:34:53 pm »
I love his freckles. Adorable.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2017, 01:36:28 pm »
Seems like a Klopp player through and through - technically excellent, brave on the ball, aggressive presser, and spends a ton of his time out injured  :P
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline SWR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2017, 01:38:55 pm »
Pleased to get him. He has foregone cash and a simpler logisitcal move to play for the Reds. Is in the good books already with that. Has the potential to be a great Klopp player. Excited to see what he can do in the red shirt.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 01:44:14 pm »
His stats are awful, 1.5 goals a year, but he's a good player and will suit how we play. Also he's homegrown and I think we will be losing a few over next year or so (Sturridge, Milner) So good to get one of the better ones in. Honestly though this home grown doubles the price of any English/Welsh player.

But his stats are very good? Just read Babuyagu's OP.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »
Excellent addition to the squad. Just looking at how our bench could look assuming Alex has to play his way into a starting spot.

Can Hendo Wijnaldum 

(Oxlade-Chamberlain, Grujic, Milner)

Versatile, pacey, intelligent and it's good to have another English player in the side.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:07 pm »
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »
Got a good manly forearm, has our Jordan.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 01:52:00 pm »

Hendo looks genuinely pleased! Those existing relationships will hopefully help him bed in quickly, at least on a social level.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2017, 01:53:20 pm »
Looking good  8)

Welcome Alex! Love to see you here and thank goodness you're no longer wearing that boob-hugging top from Arsenal  ;D.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 01:53:47 pm »
Hendo looks genuinely pleased! Those existing relationships will hopefully help him bed in quickly, at least on a social level.

Yeah, Henderson's a friend first and a captain second. Probably an entertainer third.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »
Welcome Alex! Love to see you here and thank goodness you're no longer wearing that boob-hugging top from Arsenal  ;D.

haha, so true, those Arsenal shirts did him no favours :D

He's left a nice thankyou and goodbye message to Arsenal on his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Alex_OxChambo/status/903231427650650113

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »
Yeah, Henderson's a friend first and a captain second. Probably an entertainer third.

;D

Important matters...what are we calling him? Chambo? Oxo-Chambo? AOC? Alex?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »
;D

Important matters...what are we calling him? Chambo? Oxo-Chambo? AOC? Alex?

Not in my vicinity.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 02:07:07 pm »
Welcome Alex! You will get your revenge against Bayern Munich at a later stage of the CL and you'll find a lot of teamates helping you out while defending from the front. Perhaps not 10-2 though.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »
We have a player that turned down Chelsea and arsenal and chose a lesser paying deal to join us. I reckon that's a sign of how hard he'll work for us. Im really excited about this signing.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 02:11:12 pm »

Klopp hugs by proxy.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2017, 02:12:16 pm »
What stats are these?
Shooting and goals. Everything else is great. But we have to judge all signings on goals now.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
Shooting and goals. Everything else is great. But we have to judge all signings on goals now.

Bloody hell I hope VVD scores tons then.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2017, 02:13:44 pm »
Thank you Babu for that write up, I haven't seen a lot of Oxlade-Chamberlain playing so it put this signing in a much better context for me! Welcome, Alex!
You're welcome mate :)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2017, 02:14:43 pm »
Decent player, very good option. Nice to hear he'd rather play for us than have higher wages.

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2017, 02:16:42 pm »

Klopp hugs by proxy.

That's why everyone wants to join LFC, it isn't for the money, it isn't because of the mesmerising football we play, it is far simpler, everyone needs a good hug every now and then.

Is Pep going to hug you? Wenger? Mourinho might be you would worry he was just doing that to stab you in the back.
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »
Welcome Aloxo Chambermaid

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2017, 02:20:21 pm »
Excellent write up Babu! Nice mixture of stats and video evidence to back it up. This is coming from a person who is usually very skeptical about using stats to assess football players.

Interesting to freshen my memories of Ox playing in midfield. I've always thought of him as a wing player and thought wing back was the perfect position for him. Also thought Chelsea would've been the best move for him considering Conte's system. However watching those clips and reading your detailed analysis it seems like Ox might have the potential and tools to be a more well rounded player than I've given him credit for. Didn't remember how smooth and dangerous he can be in tight areas and against low blocks. This has made me feel better about this signing. He could be a very important swiss army knife type of signing for Klopp.

I think wing back is perfect for him at Arsenal as their midfield is about shape than pressure and space. Then he was next to Ramsey - who is never in position giving the midfielders a huge job to deal with. If you remember United last season - they had similar problems with Pogba's lack of discipline in midfield and Fellaini having to cover the whole pitch at times.

Wing Back allowed him to dominate a flank with his power and pace. Plus it took the focus off his goals and put it on penetration - his strongest asset. In much the same way I think Rodgers was trying to do with Markovic perhaps?

For us though, wing doesn't look as good because our wingers are actually the goalscorers in the system, putting the focus back on the weakest aspect of his game - shooting. However midfield - that lockpick role Lallana plays - looks perfect. Next to Can or Gini he could have a lot of fun. If/when we have Solanke or Sturridge up front, that changes though as they will remain more central and it puts the emphasis on wide players to create more than score. Ox & Lemar (if we got him) flanking Solanke/Sturridge would be interesting in some games for example. I suspect then we would end up in more of a 4-2-3-1 shape.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2017, 02:21:42 pm »
;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »
We don't know his number yet because it is dependant upon other signings arriving or not. Maybe VVD would be 4, Lemar 21. Yes? No? Reaching? :D

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2017, 02:30:29 pm »
Welcome to the club Ox. Have a feeling he's gonna have a blinder of a season. Seems properly motivated.
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2017, 02:31:56 pm »
For us though, wing doesn't look as good because our wingers are actually the goalscorers in the system, putting the focus back on the weakest aspect of his game - shooting. However midfield - that lockpick role Lallana plays - looks perfect. Next to Can or Gini he could have a lot of fun. If/when we have Solanke or Sturridge up front, that changes though as they will remain more central and it puts the emphasis on wide players to create more than score. Ox & Lemar (if we got him) flanking Solanke/Sturridge would be interesting in some games for example. I suspect then we would end up in more of a 4-2-3-1 shape.

Definitely think he has been brought in as a different profile of wide player compared to Mane and Salah as well. Now our attacking options look more balanced with three strikers (with Firmino a false 9 and Sturridge and Solanke more of a poacher type) and three wingers (with Mane and Salah as wide forwards and Ox as a wide creator). Think he'll get playing time in the midfield three as well in the absence of Lallana and Coutinho. That's why I was referring to him as a swiss army knife for Klopp. He should be valuable tool to move around depending on opposition and which players we have available.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:23 pm »
Its not often we sign a 35m player and wonder where will he play or will he even get a start every week? Obviously has the flexibility to play in a couple of areas but for the lad to blossom he will need to make a position his own over the next 18 months - 2 years. I really don't have a clue where that will be as he seems to want to play wide aka Mane / Salah but his opportunity looks more like a wingback which he hated at Arsenal but Klopp can be very persuasive. Suppose to be the long term replacement for Milner who came here because he wanted more of a consistent midfield role but rarely featured there under Klopp and more akin to be a wingback. Basically your personal goals get put aside for the teams and rightly so. Its the sign of the times I guess as his signature brings more questions than answers right now as 3 years ago we were spending 20m on prospects / squad players like Markovic so maybe the current marker dictates 35m squad players. Our first 150m bench warmers is just a season or so away I fear.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2017, 02:57:27 pm »
Welcome! I wish him nothing but the best of luck here with us  :scarf.

Offline Iloveyoumamadou

• Main Stander
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »
Great OP, I must admit I completely dismissed the idea of him being in midfield but you've certainly convinced me that he has the tools to excel there. I found two more compilations of him playing in midfield, his Bayern performance is particularly good.

Vs Sunderland (H) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVUjqaQzG-k
Vs Bayern (A) https://mobile.twitter.com/EmanDaGoonn/status/839406190757044225/video/1

Also this compilation against Stoke showcases his vision several times, although he is playing wingback https://streamable.com/s2hkl

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04:11 pm »
Has he stolen Keira's number 8?

Knightly?

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »
I think Ox will get most of his game time this season when we're away from home against defensive teams. Those are the games where Gini seems to struggle and a player with a little more directness might be more productive.

I'd probably still pick Gini for the big games where he thrives.