Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 200626 times)

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:05 pm »
does the concourse run all the way round, well our end anyway?
It does for the normal away end - not sure about our extended away end for the FA Cup match as that's normally blocked off due to it being occupied by home fans

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2014, 11:22:34 am »
Coming from Stansted airport lads, flying in from Ireland with a mate from LA. Neither of us been to the Emirates before any advice on how to get there? There seems to be no clear answer online.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:42 am »
does the concourse run all the way round, well our end anyway?

I'd say its like most of the newer ground where that they can open the doors or remove the barrier so it goes the whole way round.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 01:14:14 pm »
Coming from Stansted airport lads, flying in from Ireland with a mate from LA. Neither of us been to the Emirates before any advice on how to get there? There seems to be no clear answer online.

You can get a direct train from Stansted to Tottenham Hale then the tube to Finsbury park and walk from there

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 05:46:13 pm »
How to go when going from Stratford station ? What stop should we get off with underground ?

Offline Mrs P

• Kemlynite
  • Do or do not.... There is no try
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »
First time to Emirates with my husband and 11year old daughter. We have 2 tickets in block 25 and 1 in block 26. Can anyone advise on whether we may be able to all 3 stand together in 25?

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2014, 09:11:02 am »
First time to Emirates with my husband and 11year old daughter. We have 2 tickets in block 25 and 1 in block 26. Can anyone advise on whether we may be able to all 3 stand together in 25?

Yer you'll be fine, may have to go in different entrances but once in you'll be able to stand together :)

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:29 am »

yeah you will be fine, no one says anything at aways as long as you not standing in the aisle ways
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline jimmyday13

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »
How to go when going from Stratford station ? What stop should we get off with underground ?

Overground to highbury and islington station takes about 15mins. Stadium 10 mins walk. Come out of the station turn left , walk down to Drayton park rd, walk up Drayton park road will take you to the away end

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2014, 12:37:12 pm »
You can park near Cockfosters and get the tube in from there
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »
Can anyone recommend the quickest way to get back to Euston after the game? Tube, taxi, bus, leave at half time etc
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

http://HDTV.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=204117

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »
That 25 mins all in? Is the Arsenal station a big swerve?
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »
Can anyone recommend the quickest way to get back to Euston after the game? Tube, taxi, bus, leave at half time etc
You can do it by legging it to Highbury and Islington and getting the tube from there to Euston. That's what I did at the league game back in November and managed to catch a 7.40 train from euston (KO was 5.30) so about 20/25 minutes doing it that way.
Not sure what the score is with taxis/buses although someone else probably will.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:46 pm »
That 25 mins all in? Is the Arsenal station a big swerve?
Yeah all in. I'm not certain but I think they shut Arsenal station after the game (as they do Holloway road). As I say i'm not certain about that but Highbury and Islington is a safe bet.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2014, 07:01:21 pm »
You can do it by legging it to Highbury and Islington and getting the tube from there to Euston. That's what I did at the league game back in November and managed to catch a 7.40 train from euston (KO was 5.30) so about 20/25 minutes doing it that way.
Not sure what the score is with taxis/buses although someone else probably will.

Tube from Highbury and Islington is the best bet. Direct on the Victoria line - two stops. Or walk to Finsbury Park - same line but three stops.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »

Thanks for that. We have an 1850 train so based on your experience we should be ok if we have our wits about us.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2014, 07:08:05 pm »
Thanks for that. We have an 1850 train so based on your experience we should be ok if we have our wits about us.
Yeah you'll be fine for that!

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:35 pm »
You can get a direct train from Stansted to Tottenham Hale then the tube to Finsbury park and walk from there

Thanks pal I really appreciate that!

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2015, 08:38:02 am »
Wheres everyone drinking before the game?

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2015, 08:50:45 am »
On the minibus :hally 8)

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
  • It's magic you know, Two FA Cups in a row
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 12:00:24 pm »
Public Service Announcement for you lot:

Highbury and Islington station will be exit only for the time being while they knock down the old post office in front of it. Since Holloway Road is always exit only after matches this means the stadium will only be serviced by Arsenal and Finsbury Park stations after the game. The queues for these stations are already beyond belief so it's going to be a real pain in the arse to get away if you're planning to use the tube after the match. I don't know why they couldn't have waited until the off season to do this, but that's Islington Council for you.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150327/disruption-at-highbury-and-islington

Disruption at Highbury & Islington

Due to essential works being carried out, Highbury & Islington station will now be EXIT AND INTERCHANGE ONLY after matches at Emirates Stadium for the immediate future.

The Club has been involved in discussions with Islington Council, the Met Police and Transport for London to find a safe solution for supporters while this work is carried out at Highbury & Islington station.
However, unfortunately it has not been possible to find a solution to keep the station open after matches at this current time.

We advise that supporters who use Highbury & Islington station after matches make necessary alternative plans and leave extra time for their journeys.
Please visit www.tfl.gov.uk for details on how to plan an alternative journey.

We recognise this will result in delays and disruption over a period of time, but this is sadly beyond our control.
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2015, 10:03:19 pm »
Best bet would be go for a pint after the game if your not under pressure to get back.. Does the Drayton arms stay open after the game?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »
Best bet would be go for a pint after the game if your not under pressure to get back.. Does the Drayton arms stay open after the game?
Pubs will be open late on a Saturday as always so plenty of time for ale after the game.

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:02 pm »
Pubs will be open late on a Saturday as always so plenty of time for ale after the game.
Where do the away fans generally go after the game, back to Drayton?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:52 pm »

Highbury and Islington station will be exit only for the time being while they knock down the old post office in front of it. Since Holloway Road is always exit only after matches this means the stadium will only be serviced by Arsenal and Finsbury Park stations after the game. The queues for these stations are already beyond belief so it's going to be a real pain in the arse to get away if you're planning to use the tube after the match. I don't know why they couldn't have waited until the off season to do this, but that's Islington Council for you.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150327/disruption-at-highbury-and-islington

Due to essential works being carried out, Highbury & Islington station will now be EXIT AND INTERCHANGE ONLY after matches at Emirates Stadium for the immediate future.

The Club has been involved in discussions with Islington Council, the Met Police and Transport for London to find a safe solution for supporters while this work is carried out at Highbury & Islington station.
However, unfortunately it has not been possible to find a solution to keep the station open after matches at this current time.

We advise that supporters who use Highbury & Islington station after matches make necessary alternative plans and leave extra time for their journeys.

We recognise this will result in delays and disruption over a period of time, but this is sadly beyond our control.

For the last few years I've always walked over to Caledonian road after the arsenal game, only takes 15-20 mins and the is never much of queue at the station.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »
Where do the away fans generally go after the game, back to Drayton?

We went to the Drayton after the cup game last season for a couple to let the crowds at the tube die down

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2015, 01:01:32 pm »
We went to the Drayton after the cup game last season for a couple to let the crowds at the tube die down
Ya looks like I'll be watching the game there too, no luck this morning. Must ring them to see if they show the game..

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: April 1, 2015, 07:20:30 pm »

I'm not familiar with London, I'll be heading to the ground from Euston station. Will I get ticket from Euston to Finsbury Park?

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 1, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »
I'm not familiar with London, I'll be heading to the ground from Euston station. Will I get ticket from Euston to Finsbury Park?

If you're heading for the Drayton you'll want to pick up a Zone 2 Travelcard. There aren't individual tickets you get for the tube. If you have a contactless credit/debit card your best option will be just to use that to tap in on the tube gates. Head for either Finsbury Park or Highbury and Islington. They're about an equal walk to the Drayton - however if you take the Finsbury Park option you'll get to walk around the stadium which might be more preferable - and if you're so inclined you can go have a look at Highbury, which is on the walk from Finsbury Park station.
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #109 on: April 1, 2015, 09:01:38 pm »
SOS and SpionKop1906 are asking everyone to boycott the first 10 minutes of the game as a protest over ticket prices, details are on their twitter account.

Lads from the Arsenal Black Scarf group are also taking part.

@SpionKop1906
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #110 on: April 1, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »
SOS and SpionKop1906 are asking everyone to boycott the first 10 minutes of the game as a protest over ticket prices, details are on their twitter account.

Lads from the Arsenal Black Scarf group are also taking part.

@SpionKop1906

A better way to boycott would have been to not purchase in the first place? Manchester City did it a few years ago and what did they get?

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: April 1, 2015, 10:01:55 pm »
If you're heading for the Drayton you'll want to pick up a Zone 2 Travelcard. There aren't individual tickets you get for the tube. If you have a contactless credit/debit card your best option will be just to use that to tap in on the tube gates. Head for either Finsbury Park or Highbury and Islington. They're about an equal walk to the Drayton - however if you take the Finsbury Park option you'll get to walk around the stadium which might be more preferable - and if you're so inclined you can go have a look at Highbury, which is on the walk from Finsbury Park station.

Cheers mate, ill head to Finsbury park and walk to Drayton and do Finsbury to Euston after the game? Will the zone 2 travel card cover the return price also? Sorry for the 20 questions, just heading to this on my own and I don't want to be like a fool around the place on Sat.
Cheers

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 1, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »
Utter bellend of a club right up with United.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 1, 2015, 10:09:28 pm »
Cheers mate, ill head to Finsbury park and walk to Drayton and do Finsbury to Euston after the game? Will the zone 2 travel card cover the return price also? Sorry for the 20 questions, just heading to this on my own and I don't want to be like a fool around the place on Sat.
Cheers

Yeah the travel card will sort you for the whole day within Zone 2 including busses. Bear in mind the queues outside of Finsbury Park will be hellish for long after FT. Euston's a building site at the minute but just go to a member of staff there who'll point you where to pick up you travel card if you can't see the signage. The walk from Finsbury Park to the Drayton will take you 15 minutes though but you've got Google Maps I'm sure. The route from Highbury and Islington is a lot simpler and not as scenic.

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: April 1, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »
Yeah the travel card will sort you for the whole day within Zone 2 including busses. Bear in mind the queues outside of Finsbury Park will be hellish for long after FT. Euston's a building site at the minute but just go to a member of staff there who'll point you where to pick up you travel card if you can't see the signage. The walk from Finsbury Park to the Drayton will take you 15 minutes though but you've got Google Maps I'm sure. The route from Highbury and Islington is a lot simpler and not as scenic.

Yeah Ill be ok with Euston, will give myself plenty of time Sat morning. Have loads of time to spare after KO so ill head for a pint after the game to let the crowds go down. Based on that Ill head for Highbury & Islington instead, sounds easier. Thanks for your help, its much more clear now.

Offline danscib

• Main Stander
  • Igor in the changing room
« Reply #115 on: April 4, 2015, 09:18:35 am »
Could only get one ticket living in London myself, so flying solo, no mates. Come be my friend in the Drayton. Dan  :D

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: April 4, 2015, 10:07:44 am »
Here now mate

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2015, 11:38:34 am »
Any suggestions on where to eat beforehand? I'm looking for crepes, mainly.
YNWA.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:39 am »
Any suggestions on where to eat beforehand? I'm looking for crepes, mainly.

Really... Lorik?

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2015, 07:50:18 am »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.