Author Topic: Liverpool Youth Coaches visit Real  (Read 2232 times)

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Youth Coaches visit Real
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:02:27 am »
Just seen this on Real Madrid TV news- anybody know anymore about this? apparently 11 of them are out there, looking at the facilities and watching the game this weekend.

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Youth Coaches visit Real
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:19:58 am »
not heard n othing but it makes sense to look into how other big clubs run things and what facilities they have.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:15 am »

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:38:50 am »
Cue NOTW report: 'Benitez in secret talks with Madrid' - world exclusive.
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline Flon

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:42:32 am »
Queue ensuing Liverpool tapping up Real youngsters scandal in the tabloids  ::)

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:43:34 am »
Cue NOTW report: 'Benitez in secret talks with Madrid' - world exclusive.

;D

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 10:00:41 am »
Looking at those concerned in the pictures they are mostly community coaches and those who are involved in the pre academy, 5, 6 and 7 year olds, not exactly the main players. Just appears to be a perk for the lesser members of the staff.

Online Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:28:43 am »
Looking at those concerned in the pictures they are mostly community coaches and those who are involved in the pre academy, 5, 6 and 7 year olds, not exactly the main players. Just appears to be a perk for the lesser members of the staff.
Thank fuck for that, there's one or two (especially one) there that I'd be extremely worried about if they were senior coaches at our club!
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline svennis

• I heart Riise
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 10:59:20 am »
Good to hear, that they want to improve our youth system. Madrid's system is one of the best in the world with Sporting, Ajax and Barca.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 11:03:46 am »
Bet Rafa insisted on senting them there.These things reassure me on the thing that Rafa is here for the long haul.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 11:54:50 am »
Thank fuck for that, there's one or two (especially one) there that I'd be extremely worried about if they were senior coaches at our club!

Because Rafa Benitez is 13 stone and skinny, Martin Jol is a world-class sprinter, and Jose Mourinho is a national gymnast...
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Online Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 01:55:50 pm »
Because Rafa Benitez is 13 stone and skinny, Martin Jol is a world-class sprinter, and Jose Mourinho is a national gymnast...
No, but they are managers, not coaches
Every man has a dream

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 02:22:24 pm »

I don't agree with the' lesser coaches' tag. Although I agree that they are not all involved at Academy level full time these lads do a great job, and have equal qualifications as the full time lads.
In fact it wasn't that long ago that our current chief scout was a community coach!
Rafa wouldn't think twice about exposing coaches to other influences, in fact he did a basketball coaching course himself in the 80s! He also spent time in England watching how we did things.....even spending a week watching the Mancs coaching methods.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 07:48:03 pm »
I don't agree with the' lesser coaches' tag. Although I agree that they are not all involved at Academy level full time these lads do a great job, and have equal qualifications as the full time lads.
In fact it wasn't that long ago that our current chief scout was a community coach!
Rafa wouldn't think twice about exposing coaches to other influences, in fact he did a basketball coaching course himself in the 80s! He also spent time in England watching how we did things.....even spending a week watching the Mancs coaching methods.

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful to the lads, I didn't mean to be, I was just making the point that they are not the top coaches at the academy and from those I know are more involved with the very young kids.

I think the guy on the right in the second picture may be a Real representative. The lad bottom left in that picture with the club shop bag is sound and works really well with the youngsters.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:52:01 pm by Stanfo »

Online Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 08:43:26 pm »
Very true. Having passed my hangover fug I can see my earlier attempted humour was a tad misplaced. No disrespect meant to any of the, I'm sure, excellent LFC coaching staff.
Every man has a dream