Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by PaleBlueDot on Yesterday at 11:51:31 pm »

I love the guy, but I'm amazed how poor he's been. It's baffling and hard to watch, but it's OK to admit it.

Step too far for some in here.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by LFC when it suits on Yesterday at 11:48:11 pm »
I can't remember the last time we have struggled to play out from the back like that. Atalanta were comfortably the toughest team we have faced this season.
They're crawling out of the woodwork now. Always happens when times are tough. Was the same for Rafa too... and he didn't have a fraction of the credit in the bank that Jurgen does.

Yep, the championship fucking manager brigade. Shithouses. They need to be called out!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Curtis Jones
« Last post by PaleBlueDot on Yesterday at 11:46:46 pm »
If Gravenberch dropped that performance he'd be slandered.

Jones isn't bad...but not enough improvement year on year for me. He's had plenty more game time to develop. Great squad player but I don't see him becoming starting 11 quality.
« Last post by Coolie High on Yesterday at 11:45:55 pm »
I take the point you're making, but I think this past month goes beyond a normal, explicable/excusable dip. He's gone off a cliff and pretty much contributed nothing in 2024.

I'm not saying he has to be sold, but simultaneously I don't think we can just pretend like this is a normal couple of game of bad form. Salah has contributed very little since December. I know he's been injured for a lot of that time, but it's not normal for your talisman and (by far) highest earner to totally fall off a cliff for an extended period at the business end of a season.

I love the guy, but I'm amazed how poor he's been. It's baffling and hard to watch, but it's OK to admit it.

I don’t agree with this at all, I think he has had some good games that are probably just lost in the memory. He came back from Afcon and got shortly injured soon after, then got injured again if my memory recalls, I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off because I’m pretty sure people were saying similar last season and maybe even a couple seasons before after he came back from the AFCON.
« Last post by Robinred on Yesterday at 11:45:05 pm »
I don't disagree with any of that. I just think people had jumped on that post as something to hate, when I don't think any of it was below the belt.

I said in my post that Klopp’s way is probably the only way for us to truly compete toe to toe against clubs (and that's not just City) who spend way more than we do. I wish he was staying and I don't at all think we'll be better after he's gone.

But at the same time, I don't begrudge people feeling exhausted and worn out by it all either. These years with Klopp have been amazing, but I can also feel worn out by the constant extreme highs and lows.

I don't necessarily think that Ruben Amorim or whoever it ends up being will do better than Jurgen - they almost certainly won't. But this evening, in the context of watching my team go out with a whimper, while looking completely spent, I just think it's OK to wonder how it will be different going forward. You can wonder that without disrespecting Jurgen Klopp or in any way thinking it'll be better without him. I'm just willing to embrace the difference now that it's been forced upon us. And I'm probably saying all this because of how much it hurts right now.

Thanks for that, and for ‘getting’ the gist of my post.

Were I to rewrite that post, I’d make sure not to infer that I’m in any way not very sad Klopp is going. He’s done an incredible job, and I love everything about him, not just his footballing beliefs, but his humanity, integrity and most of all, kindness.

But I AM looking forward to the new regime - because as a lifelong supporter and former season ticket holder, I look forward not back, and I have faith in the owners’ decisions to start a new era.

Does that mean I’ve given up hope we can still win this season’s title? Point me to where I suggested that. I DID say I think it’s unlikely, because our form has fallen off a cliff. Anyway, football forums always generate passion, and in particular, loyalty. My post was never intended to reflect disloyalty to a wonderful man, only a reluctant acceptance that it’s almost time to look forward.
« Last post by Caligula? on Yesterday at 11:43:58 pm »
When's the last time we had a half like that second half? I read somewhere that our xG was 0.04 but in reality it should have been 0.00. I don't remember when we last didn't look like scoring at all.
« Last post by Dougle on Yesterday at 11:43:35 pm »
We won.

The winning streak starts now.

Couldn't be bothered reading through 14 pages of the same post so thanks 4pool.

I actually thought we played well first half. Mo's form has gone to pot otherwise it's 2-0 at half-time. You can't miss those in a game like this at that stage. It was a killer. 2-0 and I think we'd have managed it. It was a classic European performance.
Second half Gasperini did a number on us and Trent (who was excellent) died, we lost the accuracy of the long pass, they pressed up and event' it was 5 against 5 in both halves we withered away.
Injuries and loss of form have done for us. It's been a brilliant ride till the last month.
But, we won.

Everything that remains possible hangs on Sunday. I'll take another 14 pages of moaning with the same result. We can do it.
« Last post by decosabute on Yesterday at 11:41:48 pm »
In the last couple weeks we’ve seen Haaland, Bellingham, all look out of form, Saka didn’t look great yesterday either and has been subject to heavy critique.

Last week a lot  on here were calling Mbappe overrated based on his CL performance also, maybe posters on here are right and he’s come to the point where there will be a sharp decline due to age.. I would say though people should express caution in making snap judgments because 1. it’s not the first time or season he has had a dip in form after AFCON and 2. Every player in the world goes through a dip in form at some point, including all the aforementioned names which many posters on here would call overrated.

Given he is having one of his most productive seasons here and started the first part well I would say he deserves some more time before making such judgements, afterall it’s not like he isn’t on route to having another 20 goal + 10 assist season in the league alone.

I take the point you're making, but I think this past month goes beyond a normal, explicable/excusable dip. He's gone off a cliff and pretty much contributed nothing in 2024.

I'm not saying he has to be sold, but simultaneously I don't think we can just pretend like this is a normal couple of game of bad form. Salah has contributed very little since December. I know he's been injured for a lot of that time, but it's not normal for your talisman and (by far) highest earner to totally fall off a cliff for an extended period at the business end of a season.

« Last post by keano7 on Yesterday at 11:41:34 pm »
I think he’s playing through the pain barrier and deliberately not fully extending himself. He’s morphed into a deep lying ‘Messi’ role the last few games which hasn’t worked.

Kneejerk reaction from some to simply sell him if we get a decent offer in the summer. He’s still irreplaceable for the amount of goals / assists he would still get next season. Look how bad Saka has been the last two games and he’s the Salah lite version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10