Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266876 times)

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48367455

Good to see they're still suffering,  bunch of twats.

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else stopping themselves from REALLY appreciating this game fully until the CL final is done and the destination of the trophy is known?

I mean I really loved that Dortmund game a few years ago, but I remember not wanting to think anything of it for a while after the final

I still haven't finished reading it!  I'm on page 33.  Just doing a page or two every day - keeps me ticking over in the run up to the final! ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjHLAASeW-Q&t=2026s

If this has already been posted I didn't see it, so please forgive me. I thought this section where the ball goes out for the corner that Trent takes is a really interesting camera angle. NO ONE on either team is really looking at the ball. I think it is pretty amazing and the Barca players really looked shattered at this point before the 4th goal. After the 4th they just seem to be looking at each other in disbelief. A truly amazing camera angle. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjHLAASeW-Q&t=2026s

If this has already been posted I didn't see it, so please forgive me. I thought this section where the ball goes out for the corner that Trent takes is a really interesting camera angle. NO ONE on either team is really looking at the ball. I think it is pretty amazing and the Barca players really looked shattered at this point before the 4th goal. After the 4th they just seem to be looking at each other in disbelief. A truly amazing camera angle.

That is a great angle even most of our players didn't realise either except Sadio right at the end. Kind of sums up Barcelona's performance though. Interesting clip.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Bump

George, Imagine
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
So glad that this meant more than just a great night. It was what propelled us to number 6!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
JOB DONE!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
Will surely go down in history as one of our most famous nights. Everything about it was perfect.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
The 2019 Campaigns Olympiakos

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
A penny for Messi’s thoughts
Coutinho must be delighted her left
Fuck Suárez

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I never did finish reading all of this thread.  Now I have a different one to read instead. ;D

Man though, this game, in the context of last night, assumes even more greatness.  Seen a few pundits suggesting on a different day Spurs would have beaten the Liverpool side that turned up.  That assumes that that Liverpool side would have stayed as it was if things had gone differently.

Commentators have played down the 3 week break, the players returning from injury, the potential of playing in hot conditions, when talking about the quality of the game.  Their narrative is that these two sides blew themselves out in the semis.  There's an idea taking hold that Liverpool were there for the taking if VVD and Alisson were absent.

What a load of bollocks.

First up, our resurgent defence is the product of experience - they were brought in specifically to avoid a repeat of last season's final result.  Second, our game management this season has been second to none - we were NEVER there for the taking.

I admitted to my mate during the game that I didn't like the pressure we were inviting on ourselves, and that teams who do usually invite a sucker punch.  But of course I didn't think through at the time that Spurs were facing the same kind of crap we were, to a worse degree, AND didn't have the squad to handle it the way we could.

I said in the half time thread they were having bags of possession but doing eff all with it.  And that cycles through to why I'm posting this in the Barca post match and not last night's - this thread shows the gears we could potentially cycle through if we had to.

This idea that the Liverpool team put out last night could ONLY perform as they did and not do better is an utter joke.  We played within ourselves certainly, but also tactically; recognising the conditions and conserving our energy - doing just enough to contain Spurs.  We were one nil up so it was basically us saying to them, "you want it, you got to fight for it.  Come at me, 'bro.  Come take it if you can."  Spurs tried.  Spurs failed.  If they'd tried harder, they still would have failed.  Because we were always going to be better.

As I said in the other thread, possession doesn't win games, points or trophies.  Goals and clean sheets do.  We've learned that to our cost, so rather than simply outscoring opponents we had to learn to manage our games, especailly matches which might only be decided by a single goal against stubborn opposition.

Spurs haven't mastered that.  We did a Burnley on them, and it was immensely satisfying to do so.  We didn't HAVE to play great because Spurs weren't playing great.

We have Number 6, and people will remember the Barca game forever; the final will be remembered solely for the first two minutes and last two minutes.  And a great big fucking shiny trophy.

This game was historic.  The European Cup makes it legend.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 12:21:11 am by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
Can’t put it in words. Out of body experience there was doubts but as soon as Div scored I knew with out two GREAT players out injured we could do it with out it even going to penalties. That was such a good feeling. People hate on Liverpool but in Europe they know we got heart. People tell me the way I’m invested in football I should invest in myself but I love this club for nights like this. The real fans show us love and we show them love, was hi fiving randoms watching the Barca game and there was this old Scrooge hating trying to get Milner sent off.  ;D At that point after Div scored I felt a classic,we would win 4-0(when Gini scores the smug face was on for the rest of the game). Amazing night. Better than Olympiacos and Istanbul quite possibly I cried...
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 12:39:23 am by GucciMane »

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I never did finish reading all of this thread.  Now I have a different one to read instead. ;D

We should all have a read of the thread from the first leg of the semi from time-to-time as well.  Just to remind ourselves.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342746.280

Not that I can claim to be some great believer, I didn't even post, was too depressed  :butt

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Does anyone have a link to the five live commentary of this?

Worth a listen I reckon, but I can’t find it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Check the audio vidoe thread, Jason posted it.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

That video went viral and got my Vimeo account deleted :(

I've re-uploaded it here:
https://streamable.com/9pl8k

Also the Dortmund one:
https://streamable.com/6nkhr

Might make one for the final if I get time.
:D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
It’s ok, there’s a link to the full audio comentsry in there.

Found it now.

Cheers all. ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
We should all have a read of the thread from the first leg of the semi from time-to-time as well.  Just to remind ourselves.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342746.280

Not that I can claim to be some great believer, I didn't even post, was too depressed
  :butt

I watched it and remembered posting after the game that we'd been robbed and didn't deserve to be 3-0 nil.  I had my doubts that we could get back into the game, but that was mostly because Barca only needed one and they'd just fluked/Messi'd three.  I knew they wouldn't win at Anfield but beating them outright was a big ask.  It was hard to make myself go watch the second leg at the pub but I'm glad I did! ;D

The results of both semis also made me firmly believe that Spurs didn't have what it took to win in 90 minutes.  They scraped through the last two rounds mostly on adrenaline.  They wouldn't have that after a three week wait, but we'd shown we had the quality and depth to pull out an emphatic result.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
God, listened to bits of it again. 

Had me on pieces.
W

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
God, listened to bits of it again. 

Had me on pieces.
Had a new found respect for Alan Shearer after living that match partly through his co-commentary. The main guy was great too.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
I shat myself against Olympiakos, Chelsea, Milan, Chelsea again, Dortmund and Roma.

But from the moment Gini got the second, I may as well have been experiencing an out of body experience. I had this bizarre, serene mania that I can't quite properly describe.

It didn't disappear for days. In hindsight, this will go down as the "true" final hurdle for Liverpool. Professionalism born of experience saw us past Spurs.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Messi's son has been taking the piss out of him

One-club man Messi, 31, who has netted 603 times for Barca in 687 outings, has three sons – Thiago (born 2012); Mateo (born 2015) and Ciro (born 2018) but reveals that his middle boy is an incredible wind-up merchant who uses Jurgen Klopp's side to goad his own father during family kickabouts.

Messi told TyCSports: “We played at home, and last time, we kicked it about, he would tell me, ‘I’m Liverpool , who beat you. You are Barça, and I’m Liverpool.’

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Anyone else stopping themselves from REALLY appreciating this game fully until the CL final is done and the destination of the trophy is known?

I mean I really loved that Dortmund game a few years ago, but I remember not wanting to think anything of it for a while after the final

i wouldnt say stopping, but it wouldn't carry the weight it deserved (tho clearly amazing) unless we won the whole thing and i was soooooooooooooooooo over the moon when we nailed it, for the cup obviously but also because the barca game now would sit right at the top of comebacks on the road to silverware, where it rightly should, i've rewatched it many times, esp the second half, continues to send me in raptures, i saw all the famous nights and it sits right at number one, astonishing

Had a new found respect for Alan Shearer after living that match partly through his co-commentary. The main guy was great too.

i listened to that today, it's fucking great

i havent heard lfctv tho yet
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 11:43:08 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
I shat myself against Olympiakos, Chelsea, Milan, Chelsea again, Dortmund and Roma.

But from the moment Gini got the second, I may as well have been experiencing an out of body experience. I had this bizarre, serene mania that I can't quite properly describe.

It didn't disappear for days. In hindsight, this will go down as the "true" final hurdle for Liverpool. Professionalism born of experience saw us past Spurs.

Indeed the point from Wini's second goal onward suggests we have come of age. The quick third, the picking the right time to strike, that 4th goal, the containment and the winding the clock down. I think this team has figured out how to consistently challenge for the Champions League

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.

You need more fibre in your diet, mate
Better looking than Samie.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
You need more fibre in your diet, mate

Shitting against entire clubs, sounds like he needs less...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Man though, this game, in the context of last night, assumes even more greatness.  Seen a few pundits suggesting on a different day Spurs would have beaten the Liverpool side that turned up.  That assumes that that Liverpool side would have stayed as it was if things had gone differently.

Commentators have played down the 3 week break, the players returning from injury, the potential of playing in hot conditions, when talking about the quality of the game.  Their narrative is that these two sides blew themselves out in the semis.  There's an idea taking hold that Liverpool were there for the taking if VVD and Alisson were absent.

What a load of bollocks.

First up, our resurgent defence is the product of experience - they were brought in specifically to avoid a repeat of last season's final result.  Second, our game management this season has been second to none - we were NEVER there for the taking.

I admitted to my mate during the game that I didn't like the pressure we were inviting on ourselves, and that teams who do usually invite a sucker punch.  But of course I didn't think through at the time that Spurs were facing the same kind of crap we were, to a worse degree, AND didn't have the squad to handle it the way we could.

I said in the half time thread they were having bags of possession but doing eff all with it.  And that cycles through to why I'm posting this in the Barca post match and not last night's - this thread shows the gears we could potentially cycle through if we had to.

This idea that the Liverpool team put out last night could ONLY perform as they did and not do better is an utter joke.  We played within ourselves certainly, but also tactically; recognising the conditions and conserving our energy - doing just enough to contain Spurs.  We were one nil up so it was basically us saying to them, "you want it, you got to fight for it.  Come at me, 'bro.  Come take it if you can."  Spurs tried.  Spurs failed.  If they'd tried harder, they still would have failed.  Because we were always going to be better.

As I said in the other thread, possession doesn't win games, points or trophies.  Goals and clean sheets do.  We've learned that to our cost, so rather than simply outscoring opponents we had to learn to manage our games, especailly matches which might only be decided by a single goal against stubborn opposition.

Spurs haven't mastered that.  We did a Burnley on them, and it was immensely satisfying to do so.  We didn't HAVE to play great because Spurs weren't playing great.

We have Number 6, and people will remember the Barca game forever; the final will be remembered solely for the first two minutes and last two minutes.  And a great big fucking shiny trophy.

This game was historic.  The European Cup makes it legend.

When people talk about 2005 they always go back to Olympiakos, and the moment we started to dream.
Number 6 will always be about the Barca game, when belief took over.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles

Can’t work out the tune for that one.

What’s the second verse?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
When people talk about 2005 they always go back to Olympiakos, and the moment we started to dream.
Number 6 will always be about the Barca game, when belief took over.

Yeah.  There was no way we were losing this after Barca.

Does anybody have a link to Alan Shearer's 5Live coverage?  I've not listened to it but I've seen a few on here say it's great.  I tried looking in the A/V thread but couldn't see it, but there's loads of links so maybe I didn't see it. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
I didn’t cry on Saturday night but I did cry after this game.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This result showed how hungry the team was for success, we could have played anyone on Saturday and we would have won!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I didn’t cry on Saturday night but I did cry after this game.

I've blubbed over both. But it was all rolled together as I felt we needed to win the final before I could truly appreciate this result. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Can’t work out the tune for that one.

What’s the second verse?
I think it’s to the tune of “Rotterdam” by the Beautiful South, isn’t it?

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A penny for Messi’s thoughts
Coutinho must be delighted her left
Fuck Suárez

What tune is this to?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched Inside Anfield of this. It was incredible at the time but it's perhaps even more emotional watching it back when you know the ending went right.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
The sliding doors moment was in this campaign wasnt Barca as epoch defining fucking brilliant it was...it was Allison's last minute save v Napoli....we know we have magic at Anfield that can create games like Barca....but to have Goalkeeper to make match...no season.. making saves is the thing we have missed for so long....but no matter what we all agree or disagree on...its all fucking Brilliant!!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think it’s to the tune of “Rotterdam” by the Beautiful South, isn’t it?

:lmao
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
Yeah.  There was no way we were losing this after Barca.

Does anybody have a link to Alan Shearer's 5Live coverage?  I've not listened to it but I've seen a few on here say it's great.  I tried looking in the A/V thread but couldn't see it, but there's loads of links so maybe I didn't see it. ;D

Here it is mate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1eH2QnzYdV0

Ian Dennis and Alan Shearer really gave it a sense of occasion with their commentary. The pair of them really did know something magical was going on here. Ridiculous how the television commentators are so bloody awful though.

It feels greater listening to this now, and makes it extra special seeing as what it ultimately led to. A commentary to live through the ages.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2019, 01:18:01 am by mattD »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unlike the dort comeback which ultimately amounted to nothing, will always look back at this for years to come with such great fondness!😀😚😋