Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4152270 times)

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #23120 on: August 4, 2012, 03:11:01 pm »
7's, is Callum Smith Paul Smiths brother? Been arguing the toss about this with my own daft brother all day and he wont have it that Callum is Smiggas brother.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #23121 on: August 4, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »
7's, is Callum Smith Paul Smiths brother? Been arguing the toss about this with my own daft brother all day and he wont have it that Callum is Smiggas brother.

Yes mate just missed out on the Olympics. There are four of them. Paul, Stephen, Liam and Callum

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23122 on: August 4, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »
Which one is Beefy mate? Or am I thinking of someone totally different? If im not making it up in my own head I remember seeing him fight and thought he looked very decent! Is Callum any good? I know he missed out on the Olympics like, is he going pro anytime soon?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #23123 on: August 4, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
Which one is Beefy mate? Or am I thinking of someone totally different? If im not making it up in my own head I remember seeing him fight and thought he looked very decent! Is Callum any good? I know he missed out on the Olympics like, is he going pro anytime soon?

Paul - Smigga
Stephen - Swifty
Liam - Beefy

Callum was very unlucky not to get through, got caught by boxing politics more than anything, a lot taller than the other brothers, I don't know if there is much point in them turning pro the way the game is at the moment, I've seen a few of them say they fancy carrying on in the Amateurs getting paid to travel the world and box and I'd say fair play. The pro game especially in this country is in the shit at the moment

I'd have to question Callum signing with Warren if he did too seeing as everyone is struggling for fights with him at the moment. Degale fighting on dodgy eastern european cards, Groves having to fight in America to keep busy. I question whether Warren can afford to put on a big show anymore

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23124 on: August 4, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »
Good to see a fighting family like that, isnt too many about these days! Paul seems like a decent lad, hes doing the commentating now isnt he? Think hes doing well at that like, much prefer him to the likes of Jim Watt or Duke "His legs have gone" McKenzie. I havent been able to keep up with everything thats going on at the minute because im working my arse off, but is Paul planning on fighting again? I kow they are mates of yours.

Warren does seem to be up to his eyeballs in shit at the minute. I wouldnt go near him if I was turning pro, but then who do you go with? Hearn? Hatton? Fat Mick? Its in a state at the minute as you say.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23125 on: August 4, 2012, 07:59:11 pm »
Khan really is a tool, I cringe everytime he opens his mouth! Im one of the best offensive fighters in the world, no Amir, your not. Throwing fast wild punches doesnt make you a good offensive fighter, sorry kid. The best offensive fighters are accurate, calm and place the punches where they do the most damage. Proper disrespectful to Freddie how he is behaving like, should be kept private. Not that im arsed anymore about Khan, I hope Garcia knocks him out again, but id like to see Kel get a shot at him and level him before that happens!

Khan gets on my nerves. Don't even think he is that good myself.

Best attack - he is having a laugh. In his eye best attack is who can throw the most punches then. A good attack like Tyson(Either Tyson's), Price, Haye - a fighter deadly knock out punch with an attack can zip the energy from you with each round.

Khan lives in dreamland. Needs to stop talking and prove he is no fake.

Fight Brooke in Sheffield and take it from there. Talking about a rematch with Garcia lol Why on earth would Garcia give him a rematch. Garcia hammered him.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23126 on: August 4, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »
Good to see a fighting family like that, isnt too many about these days! Paul seems like a decent lad, hes doing the commentating now isnt he? Think hes doing well at that like, much prefer him to the likes of Jim Watt or Duke "His legs have gone" McKenzie. I havent been able to keep up with everything thats going on at the minute because im working my arse off, but is Paul planning on fighting again? I kow they are mates of yours.

Warren does seem to be up to his eyeballs in shit at the minute. I wouldnt go near him if I was turning pro, but then who do you go with? Hearn? Hatton? Fat Mick? Its in a state at the minute as you say.

Paul plans to fight in September /Oct mate.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23127 on: August 4, 2012, 09:49:26 pm »
I can see the patter now if he goes with Steward, Khan will compare himself to Tommy Hearns, a very quick fighter who was vunerable if he got caught with a good shot, difference being Tommy had a nuclear bomb of a right hand and great skills to go with it, he didnt go back to fighting like an amatuer when the going got tough. Khan is nothing like Hearns but you watch, that will be the shite they will come out with. Id like to see him fight Brook because I believe Kel can win that one. Im probally biased but I cant see Kel losing against this version of Amir Khan.

Far as the offensive fighter shite goes, I think its a load of rubbish. I mean what is a great offensive fighter? I mean really? Mike Tyson? Who was one of the very best finishers in the history of boxing? Or The Klitschko brothers whos defence IS offence, you cant get past their offence of jab jab jab right hand to force them into showing what are regarded as defensive qualitys? Khan needs to keep quiet for a while and get his head down and take a good long honest look at himself and where hes going wrong. Its no good blaming other people for it, it wouldnt matter if he had Dundee, Cus D'amato, Eddie Futch, Roach and Steward in his corner if he acts the way he did when he'd been hurt! That was the stupidest thing ive ever seen him do. Sure it showed he had heart, balls, call it what you want, but how fucking stupid was it? It proved his undoing, to try and fight like that when your obviously in big trouble. The chip on his shoulder, thats his biggest problem. The banging the gloves together as 7s said trying to do some macho shit.

Some people never learn to hold on or take a count, I remember hearing Nigel Benn talk at an after dinner event I went to once and he was talking about Frank Bruno. Benn was of the opinion that when Frank was hurt, he didnt know what to do, he never took a count, when sometimes it would be useful to do so, get your bearings back, seconds in the ring mean a hell of a lot, 2 or 3 seconds rest when you've been shook up is a hell of a long time. Some fighters learn all the tricks as they get more experienced, such as holding on, taking a count, or see Diego Corrales most famous example of spitting out your mouth piece to buy a few more seconds, or how about when your in the corner at thet end of the round a load of water gets dumped on the canvas and pointed out to the referee who has to take a few seconds to clear it up? We all know about the Ali/Cooper glove thing as well, but my point is some fighters cant deal with being shook up and react by trying to show how tough they are as Khan did. Boxing isnt about whos the toughest, its normally about who is the smartest guy in there.

Cheers for that as well Fordy mate, didnt think Smigga had retired.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23128 on: August 4, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »
ICheers for that as well Fordy mate, didnt think Smigga had retired.

Yeah Smigga is fighting in Sept/Oct mate as I said.

Think the delay is just cause he feels the Groves will give up the British title and he could fight for that.

Since Groves keeps pulling out of this fight with Anderson then I  also think the British title will become vacant soon.

What do you think is going on with Groves mate? Good win for him the other week but he does seem not to be bothered about fighting Anderson.

Do you think Groves has what it takes to be a world Champ?
« Last Edit: August 4, 2012, 10:27:59 pm by Fordy »

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23129 on: August 4, 2012, 10:57:23 pm »
Alright Mirra, boss post.

Wasn't that long ago, Calzaghe, who I wasn't the biggest fan of got 'caught' by Hopkins. He took the count, got his bearings and was judged to have eventually won.

Is the anyone else you have seen struggling and make a full recovery eventually going on to win a fight?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23130 on: August 4, 2012, 10:58:34 pm »
Thats a good question mate, I like Groves as a fighter but I dont think hes at that level just yet. To me he always seems vunerable, like when you see him when hes been in training hes usually got a shiner from sparring and I just think a better fighter than DeGale would of sparked him. I dont know why, really ive got nothing against the lad, I like him but theres something about him that I cant put my finger on. I hope he can become a world champ like because we are pretty low on them at the minute!

Im not really a fan of amatuer boxing and havent caught much at the Olympics, is there many decent fighters coming through there?

I was talking to Jaffa (Tony Jeffries) the other day because my mate is good mates with him, and I think his hands are fucked beyond repair, I dont think he'll do much else in the sport, his hands are basically fucked. I hope he can, but from what he was saying its looking unlikely. Hes a good lad Jaffa though, itd be a shame if he didnt get to kick on and have a good career.

Offline Mamzz21

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool
« Reply #23131 on: August 5, 2012, 01:30:08 am »
What's with all Olympic boxing results being changed on appeal
After the fight? Surely that's not allowed. If that was the case most of team GB
Should be out from what I've seen?

Offline Chuy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #23132 on: August 7, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »
Donaire / Nishioka is a great matchup.

Donaire will have to learn to be a lot more patient and rely more on his fundamentals that he has in recent fights. I consider Nishioka the superior boxer and a fantastic counter-puncher with good power. I'll be putting my money on Nishioka winning on points but both fighters have knockout power. Rios / Alvarado on the under-card will add a good brawl to the mix.

Going to this one, can't wait!

(hope Rios gets his ass handed to him)

Offline Cragsi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23133 on: August 7, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »
Price/Harrisson pressers 2moz at 12 at the Hilton in Liverpool 1.
Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attaaaaaack...

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23134 on: August 9, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxgpPMzXHM

Burns v Mitchell HBO style face off.

I cant stand Kevin Mitchells East End hardman act, but the lad is a cracking fighter. I think this will be a cracker, I like Burns as a fighter as well, lets hope its a great fight.

At his best Mitchell is quality, but I fancy Burns to edge this one. Its a real 50/50 fight though, could go either way. Never write Kev Mitchell off.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23135 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »
Watched Klitschko film last night, was a decent watch. Dragged on a bit but i found it interesting, anyone else seen it? Seem like two nice fellas as well.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23136 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »
Watched Klitschko film last night, was a decent watch. Dragged on a bit but i found it interesting, anyone else seen it? Seem like two nice fellas as well.

Aye seen it few weeks back, thought it was a good watch. Compared to most Brit fighters (no offense intended) they are both very humble and likeable men. One things for sure, we won't see a pair of brothers dominate a division like them two ever again.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23137 on: August 13, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »

Yeah quite enjoyed that it was really interesting, especially their background.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #23138 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:17 am »
I actually like them now after watching this documentary/film.... before i dismissed them as robots.. i see them in a different light now. well worth a look.
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23139 on: August 14, 2012, 05:08:49 pm »
Yeah I thought it was good, I actually warmed to them before Wlad fought Haye, he came across as a gent, after watching that I quite like them both. Thought it was interesting that Wlad told Vitali to get out of his camp and all that, didnt know that. Must of been hard for Wlad to grow up with a brother like Vitali, who you can tell is the dominant one, the natural fighter, especially when Wlad isnt like that naturally. Just goes to show you how fighters need to be handled differently, even brothers. I enjoyed it though.

Not really a fan of watching either as fighters like, id prefer a more colourful champion such as an Ali, Tyson etc, but I cant really fault the brothers. They turn up in great shape, they beat whoever is infront of them and beat them emphatically most of the time knocking them out, they are both good ambassadors for the sport and i think when they are gone, the division really will be in trouble!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23140 on: August 14, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »
Is this what prison does to you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187880/Floyd-Mayweather-barely-recognizable-losing-weight-growing-hair-jail.html

Floyd looks in top shape.. Number pound for pound fighter in the world without question now.

Wonder who he will fight next now that he is out of prison.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #23141 on: August 14, 2012, 09:45:06 pm »
Micheal Conlon has been immortalised with his very own mural in West Belfast, that didn't take long, looks good as well.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #23142 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Is this what prison does to you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187880/Floyd-Mayweather-barely-recognizable-losing-weight-growing-hair-jail.html

Floyd looks in top shape.. Number pound for pound fighter in the world without question now.

Wonder who he will fight next now that he is out of prison.

He looks in slim shape! He needs to put a bit of muscle on before he fights again I would say.

Edit: On second glance it is only really the final photo where he looks that slim. He probably has only lost a bit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:02:05 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #23143 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »
Michael Dokes has died from liver cancer at just 54. No age. RIP. Dokes won the WBA Heavyweight title in 1982 beating Mike Weaver. News to me that was.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:28:27 pm by StokieSteve »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23144 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »
Floyd looks slim for sure, prison food is shit though so he probally wasnt getting what an athlete like himself needs. Its impossible for a top athlete to stay in tip top condition on prison food. You cant eat as much as you need to or what you really need to in there so that probally had something to do with it. He will be back in amazing shape in a few months time but I wonder if itll effect him? Glad hes out and hope its taught him a thing or two.

RIP Michael Dokes, decent fighter who had been in with the likes of Holyfield, Riddick Bowe and Razor Ruddock. Didnt know he had battered his girlfriend that bad he got done for attempted murder like! But still,  Sad news.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:17:07 pm by Mirra »

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23145 on: August 15, 2012, 07:19:44 pm »
It's probably better for him to lose weight though, as opposed to eating a load of starchy crap and hitting the weights, like certain fighters have done when they've gone inside.  In fairness, it's not like he had a massive stretch.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #23146 on: August 16, 2012, 07:31:52 am »
Can we put this issue in perspective lads please? He's rightly gone down for a vicious assault on the mother of his children - and in front of the kids too. Some fucking big man that eh? Not interested in ANY of the reasons why he did it - because whatever it was, playing  the big "I am" macho bastard leaves his kids psychologically scarred for the rest of their lives.
Too fucking much of this Neanderthal-ish behaviour is tolerated in today's world where it gives the green light to every fucking no-mark gobshite that thinks it's OK to smack women - and always when THEY feel it's justified.

If his wife had been your daughter, your sister or your cousin and his children your grand-kids, nephews or nieces etc, would you really still be hailing the fact that he's out of jail ? No I didn't think so.
He's a twat in my view - don't give a shit how much "class" he has as a millionaire pro fighter - as a man and as a human being, he has fucking none.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:01:42 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23147 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:02 am »
It's probably better for him to lose weight though, as opposed to eating a load of starchy crap and hitting the weights, like certain fighters have done when they've gone inside.  In fairness, it's not like he had a massive stretch.

True, could of done a lot more damage by doing that, 2 months isnt really much to me and you but to a guy like him, his metabolisim will be like that of a fucking racehorse, he'll be back in great shape before long though, its not like Tyson when he came out after 3 years. I remember he had to put a shitload of weight back on and it took him a while to do that before they could even think about a comeback.

Jonnowhite - Dont think many people in here will argue with you that Floyd isnt a twat etc, but think I speak for most of us in here who love boxing when I say that our opinions on him as a fighter are what counts in this thread. The man is a twat and what he did, hitting his ex wife or whatever she is was wrong, no excuse for it, i dont know anything about his case, im not interested. Im only interested in what he does as a fighter because as a boxer, hes one of the very best there has been. As a person? Well, hes a c*nt.

If we were to judge every sports person on what they do away from sports, I dont think any of us would like football because most players are wankers as well. I dont agree with your points, just we try and keep all that out of here mate.

One thing though, if he wasnt who he was, theres no way in hell he'd get a license to fight again. Money talks though.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:59:34 am by Mirra »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23148 on: August 16, 2012, 11:10:03 am »
I don't dispute the professional ability of the bloke as a fighter (inside the ring) Mirra mate but for me, he just doesn't rate as one of the greats of boxing because of this appalling behaviour. Yep money talks OK and while lesser mortals might be obliged to rot a while longer doing their bird - fucking headliners who carry a premium attraction in the fight game are fast-tracked out of there! Laws for some and not for others eh mate?

There are plenty of wankers in football as you state - and throughout sport - agreed again. The ones I have in mind get plenty of stick from the terraces 'cos if you are in the public eye and pulling shitloads of monty, you have got to accept that you have behavioural obligations in the way you conduct your private life too.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23149 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:41 pm »
See mate based on ability alone, Floyd is up there with the very best names in the history of the sport. Thats just on his natural ability and talent, nevermind his record and what hes achieved. Hes not a very nice bloke, well he certainly doesnt come across as one, but then when you look at other fighters, theres a few who werent very nice people either. The great Sugar Ray Robinson used his wife as a speedbag many times ive read, Muhammad Ali, some of the things he did were horrible, we dont even need to go into what Mike Tysons done, take your pick. Sport is littered with people like this, some of it may be to do with their upbringing, Floyds Dad used to belt his mother apparently, once used a baby Floyd as a shield when someone pulled a gun on him, it doesnt excuse his behaviour but you can see why he thinks its alright...

Money does talk though mate, $85 million for 2 fights in the last year hes made, he doesnt answer to anyone and the sad truth is, boxing needs him more than he needs it. Once hes gone, whos left? Thats why he gets away with as much as he does.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23150 on: August 16, 2012, 01:32:27 pm »
I suppose that's what's making me really pissed off with how the fight / and the sports game in general is nowadays. I
 used to follow the game in my youth as I had done a bit as a schoolboy welterweight. The old fella was a boxer in the Navy and all his mates were too.

I saw Howard Winstone's first title fight against Vicente Saldivar (what a terrific fighter the little Welshman was and what a great champion the little Mexican was as well!), Terry Downes against Willie Pastrano at Belle Vue's Kings Hall (don't ask - too many years ago. Alright, alright it was in 1964  :P :P ;)!!)

Saw Wally Swift give Manchester's Nat Jacobs the boxing lesson of his life at the very same venue and I booed as loudly as the rest of the Manchester crowd when the ref held up Jacobs arm at the finish.
Pandemonium broke out as the fight was being televised by the BBC and Harry Carpenter (RIP) was there.
For around 10 or 15 minutes it was in uproar and the crowd would not allow the programme to continue. Suddenly saving the whole crazy evening there was a reversal announcement made. It seems the ref had gotten the fighters mixed up at the end and held up the wrong fighter's arm as  the victor.
Seems to have gone uncommented but I've never had a sensible answer to this point. If the ref couldn't differentiate between Jacobs and Nottingham's Swift how the fuck did he get selected to ref the fight in the first place??

{For today's fight fans who might not know, Jacobs the challenger was black and Swifty the champion was white!!}

Massive amounts of punters money rolling into the pockets of fast-buck, rip-off merchants today on the backs of only a handful of talented performers out there - and even sadder is the fact that some of 'em really are top drawer talents and COULD BE considered all-times greats if they'd stop pissing their talent away.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:41:10 pm by Johnnowhite »

Offline Dan_YNWA

• Anny Roader
  • RAWK's resident Muslim
« Reply #23151 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »
Yeah I got it on DVD, was good.
The King is back!

YNWA

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23152 on: August 18, 2012, 10:55:09 am »
God, Evander Holyfield on Sky Sports talking about fighting the Klitschkos. I think that would end in tragedy, he can hardly speak as it is and somebody who hits as hard and accurate as them two hitting Evander, its not going to end well. You cant deny his heart though, great fighter in his time, a legend but now whats the first thing you think of when you hear Holyfields name mentioned? The legendary heavyweight and his epic battles with Bowe, his huge win over Mike Tyson when he spoilt the party? No, you think fucking hell he needs to pack in, its pathetic now. Hes damaging his legacy so much, kids I talk to think Holyfield is "shite" because they are too young to remember his prime. Thats damaging. Please retire Evander.

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #23153 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »
God, Evander Holyfield on Sky Sports talking about fighting the Klitschkos. I think that would end in tragedy, he can hardly speak as it is and somebody who hits as hard and accurate as them two hitting Evander, its not going to end well. You cant deny his heart though, great fighter in his time, a legend but now whats the first thing you think of when you hear Holyfields name mentioned? The legendary heavyweight and his epic battles with Bowe, his huge win over Mike Tyson when he spoilt the party? No, you think fucking hell he needs to pack in, its pathetic now. Hes damaging his legacy so much, kids I talk to think Holyfield is "shite" because they are too young to remember his prime. Thats damaging. Please retire Evander.

Proper Rocky scenario :D
Hope your well ya mincer?
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23154 on: August 20, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »
Well I was until you showed up :D

Yourself?

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #23155 on: August 21, 2012, 12:17:19 pm »
Carl Froch will defend his IBF super middleweight World title at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham on November 28, against an opponent to be named next week.

Anyone know who this might be?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23156 on: August 21, 2012, 12:34:49 pm »
Carl Froch will defend his IBF super middleweight World title at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham on November 28, against an opponent to be named next week.

Anyone know who this might be?
Kessler I'm guessing.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #23157 on: August 21, 2012, 12:39:56 pm »
Kessler I'm guessing.

Was suggested Kessler might be next summer now after the Bute re-match

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23158 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »
Yeah but a Bute rematch has to be in Montreal, so it's not Bute in Nottingham it must be Kessler
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23159 on: August 22, 2012, 07:19:41 am »
Yeah but a Bute rematch has to be in Montreal, so it's not Bute in Nottingham it must be Kessler

He said Kessler would be next year.

It makes more sense fighting Bute and then Kessler.