Author Topic: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!  (Read 250475 times)

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 11
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:19 pm »
So do the players ratings alter from just in game activities, real life or both?

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2012, 09:28:42 pm »
real life, if they do well for their club they have the chance to raise but if they play bad or do not even play they have the chance to lower in rating
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2012, 09:34:37 pm »
is there any actual formula to this? don't really get how it works

It's totally random. The best ploy tho is to get loads of highly rated attacking players and go defensive.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »
ah thanks thats good started a season one game last week but wasn't sure how stats were affected.

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35:48 pm »
is there any actual formula to this? don't really get how it works

Not always, just look at the relative strengths of the Milan & Utd squads that have been relegated recently. The tactics and how you set your team out also has an effect on the player in game ratings and thus the match results. I seem to recall it took a strong Barca squad a while to get promoted back to Div 1.

What he said. Although the fact the previous Milan manager ran his players into the ground wouldn't of helped his cause either as the condition of your players effects their performance. So I wouldn't go playing a player who needs a rest. When I took over Nesta had six percent in the tank :D

Also though try and play your players in their natural positions as opposed to a position they can play in.

For example I had both Sneijder and Carrick playing centre midfield last season. Sneijder rated 94 averaged 7.06 over the season whereas Carrick rated 92 averaged 7.47 for the half of season I had him.

Now I could be talking out my ass, but there might be something in it.  :P

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:28 pm »
Also does any of the new guys want Mickaël Landreau he is a 90 rated keeper, I'm about to pull the trigger on an external bid so if anyone wants him just bid he's current value.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »
Inter won the league with a lower rated side - never changed his set up - even when the SM engine started giving him some losses at the end. Next season?.. got relegated - - going by the exact formula. Nobody knows how it works.

I used to think that my successive promotion exploits were solely down to trying to shoot the tiger on the WWF adverts they used to have.

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:18 pm »
And we have a winner Atlético Madrid, thanks for the memories Mickaël and the cool 16 milion you cost me not so long ago.

Look forward to the Lopez drop even more now if his transfer doesn't save him. :P

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
I dont understand how players who play regulary and perform well, still have low morale

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »
Inter won the league with a lower rated side - never changed his set up - even when the SM engine started giving him some losses at the end. Next season?.. got relegated - - going by the exact formula. Nobody knows how it works.

I used to think that my successive promotion exploits were solely down to trying to shoot the tiger on the WWF adverts they used to have.

Maybe so, or maybe his squad after the success of the previous season just didn't have the stomach for a relegation scrap when the going got tough  :D

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2012, 10:53:10 pm »
I dont understand how players who play regulary and perform well, still have low morale

I don't understand how the morale thing works at all. I had to ship Monreal the moody bastard because he was getting pissy about not starting in front of Cole.

I thought if the player wasn't good enough to start, he would be fine on the bench and his morale wouldn't suffer.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »
I don't understand how the morale thing works at all. I had to ship Monreal the moody bastard because he was getting pissy about not starting in front of Cole.

I thought if the player wasn't good enough to start, he would be fine on the bench and his morale wouldn't suffer.
Maybe the computer just randomly assigns morale issues, a couple a team. Love is moody at the mo, has been for a while now, cant understand it

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:51 am »
I reckon the people behind SM have tweaked the concerns/moral settings recently as in another of my leagues I've suddenly got 89 rated players moaning they're not playing ahead of my 90+ rated which in my experience of SM has never happened before.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2012, 07:38:10 am »
Any players low on morale, try offering them a new contract, usually boosts it a little bit

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:24 am »
I think the engine is a bit more sophisticated than some players give it credit for. I've been playing on and off for a couple of years, with a couple of teams that I've kept going for 5+ seasons. One team I got promoted first season, then had a couple of seasons in the top half winning a cup or 2, and then won the league 3 times in a row. That's in a league with 20-25 players, so not as competitive as the RAWK league. The other long term team has been 1st or 2nd every year, again in a 20+ team league.

I think the engine is basically a more complicated version of rock-paper-scissors. Certain formations and tactics work better against others. There are also some game stats that are more important than others, so working out which stats you want to try to maximise should help. The larger the gap in average rating the less tactics matter, but I've stilll found that certain formations do well against higher ranked teams. Add to this morale, fitness, preferred positions etc.

Having said all that, I've never been in a league where so many decent players are already taken, so I'm expecting this is going to be a lot tougher. Personally I wish the game limited squad sizes to around 50. I've realised that in the RAWK league money counts for nothing as hoarding players is a tactic, and chairmen won't allow bids high enough to be tempting.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »
Is there anymore popular leagues someone is running? Wouldnt mind joining another if there is one going.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »
Is there anymore popular leagues someone is running? Wouldnt mind joining another if there is one going.

I just joined a brand new game which seems very active. The squads haven't been broken up yet so I went for Ajax. There are already 57 players but some good teams need a manager. The ID number is 121672

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2012, 12:26:27 am »
Im in quite a few different leagues! Currently managing 7 clubs

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:07 am »
Whos currently managing Atletico Madrid?  ;D They snapped up Fowler, Heskey, Riise, Biscan, Pongolle and LeTallec yesterday

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
Try to Hodgson it up in a friendly. Lose 3-5. Basically everyone except Fuchs and the attackers had a poor game. Think it's safe to say we shan't employ hoof-n-hope to stay up.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
Whos currently managing Atlético Madrid?  ;D They snapped up Fowler, Heskey, Riise, Biscan, Pongolle and LeTallec yesterday

;)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »
Im on holiday from tonight onwards so any applications you better get them in before i leave!

Plus it looks like im going to miss out on the Espanyol players as well, typical my luck!

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:00 pm »
We're not happy today. Even the kebabs seem too salty. To let in another late goal to keep us on pause for world domination has really hurt. And to Chelsea too. But another long term injury? All my players are big, but that's a blow. Haven't been able to play my triumvirate yet.. Sahin.. 8 weeks... then Gotze 8, now Hazard 4 (5). The fans even managed to conjure up a banner for the medical staff just before the final whistle... how they do that I don't know. Couldn't understand a word of it tho.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIRd3CZ1A54?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xIRd3CZ1A54?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 1, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »
I think i've been annoying people over the last few days with bids ;D Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Anyway, the Shaktar express is slowly pulling out of the train station, getting some points on the board with a 3-1 win away from home to Villa.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 2, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »
This thing is just randomly signing me out for some reason at times. Had a bit of a mare trying to sign in yesterday morning too. Some issues going on

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 2, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »
I want to buy an AM rated 89+
I have 55m to spend

Hamburg SV

get in touch.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #106 on: July 2, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »
I want to buy an AM rated 89+
I have 55m to spend

Hamburg SV

get in touch.

leave me alone ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #107 on: July 5, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »
Has someone applied for Espanyol from here? only just got back off my holiday!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 5, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »
Has someone applied for Espanyol from here? only just got back off my holiday!
Think they applied the day you left, no one in here posted about it

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 5, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »
Results are late tonight, anyone got theres yet?
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 5, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
Results are late tonight, anyone got theres yet?
Nope I'm still waiting on about 6 leagues tonight.

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: July 6, 2012, 12:03:46 am »
I still haven't got mine yet, anyone else got their's??? I need to know! haha

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 6, 2012, 01:17:28 am »
Seems like SM have taken a leaf out of the Natwest handbook on how to roll out bug riddled updates to their site.

Aside from the lack of matches played last night there's also been issues this week with people being automatically logged out just seconds after signing in & instances like the one that happened to me on Tuesday where my default language changed to Spanish.

Offline scousepaw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #113 on: July 6, 2012, 06:21:51 am »
Just had a look at the tables page.

Last match? Sunday. Next match? Sunday.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #114 on: July 6, 2012, 08:00:34 am »
It's super bugged yeah...

I'm Newcastle manager btw
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 6, 2012, 08:01:44 am »
Well thats a kick in the nuts. Has this happened before? The fixtures are totally skipped now, or played at a later date?

Offline scousepaw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: July 6, 2012, 09:36:14 am »
Apology message on the site. Seems like none of the July 5 fixtures played, and it is "under investigation."

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 6, 2012, 10:07:57 am »
Apology message on the site. Seems like none of the July 5 fixtures played, and it is "under investigation."

The results are in.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #118 on: July 6, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »
Lost 3-0 to R.Madrid

Fair to say, im having a terrible season so far

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 6, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »
Galatasaray... first time we've ever sat at the top. The only way is down. My Armada is totally crocked tho, so we'll be relying on the 2nd string for a while.

Man City manager: I'll have to recall Ramsey before the cup game in a few weeks time. Well, probably anyway. Will IM with notice.