539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1447246 times)

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"
« Reply #32960 on: November 1, 2019, 10:31:52 am »
Literally just seen her have that point put to her in an interview. She said she's been on a 'journey' and learned a  lot over the last three years about how much good stuff the EU does!

I do also think that some MPs struggle a bit with being elected on a manifesto promising one thing when they may have personal views which are very different, some no doubt feel some kind of obligation to respect that

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32961 on: November 1, 2019, 10:36:42 am »
Is there not a correlation here?

Johnson is only PM because of the complete shitness of Corbyn.  That IS the tree.

Labour has to have a palatable leader next. It cannot just rely on people voting for them just because they’re not the Tories.

This will be four elections in a row that labour has lost.

Maybe there’s something to learn from that?
And Corbyn is only leading Labour because of the complete shitness of May.
Any decent and reasonably likeable Tory leader would have crushed him.

Let this sink in: The leader of Labour still hasn't formed a clear opinion on the most important political issue in decades.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #32962 on: November 1, 2019, 10:52:57 am »
And Corbyn is only leading Labour because of the complete shitness of May.

And the complete shitness of Yvette Cooper and Andy Burnham when it mattered.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32963 on: November 1, 2019, 11:08:41 am »
Just been called a Tory because I don't think Corbyn walks on water.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32964 on: November 1, 2019, 11:25:14 am »
Literally just seen her have that point put to her in an interview. She said she's been on a 'journey' and learned a  lot over the last three years about how much good stuff the EU does!

Or in her case, a week.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #32965 on: November 1, 2019, 12:55:42 pm »
Or in her case, a week.

The fact she was one of the rebels to be kicked out of the party a while ago suggests that it is longer than a week?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32966 on: November 1, 2019, 01:00:50 pm »
Don't forget a lot of people voted for the Johnson Bill because they knew it was going to get amended into a BRINO in all probability.

Not any more of course.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32967 on: November 1, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »
The fact she was one of the rebels to be kicked out of the party a while ago suggests that it is longer than a week?

Yet, eventually, she still voted for the deal that Johnson put forward? So she went from that and complete revoke?

These MP's are a joke. Heidi 'Crocodile Tears' Allen has talked about being completely against Brexit and yet I clearly remember a Radio 5 live panel she was on in 2016 where she said she didn't know whether she would campaign for Remain or Leave.

These people are supposed to be guiding us. I reckon when they have mapped out their career choices they have actively decided that the easiest way to earn over £70k a year is to become an MP.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32968 on: November 1, 2019, 01:48:41 pm »
Yet, eventually, she still voted for the deal that Johnson put forward? So she went from that and complete revoke?

These MP's are a joke. Heidi 'Crocodile Tears' Allen has talked about being completely against Brexit and yet I clearly remember a Radio 5 live panel she was on in 2016 where she said she didn't know whether she would campaign for Remain or Leave.

These people are supposed to be guiding us. I reckon when they have mapped out their career choices they have actively decided that the easiest way to earn over £70k a year is to become an MP.
Frankly, we probably should offer MPs 150K a year*. It would encourage people with real talent to enter into politics. There are far too many who are better suited for light administration duties or flipping burgers.

* But there is zero chance of the UK electorate being able to understand why we might wish to do this.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32969 on: November 1, 2019, 02:00:17 pm »
It'll be interesting to see the ERG response to Falange's latest toxic emissions.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #32970 on: November 1, 2019, 02:09:29 pm »

The average length of service for an MP is 8 years so hardly a brilliant career choice, given the work needed to get a seat in the first place.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #32971 on: November 1, 2019, 02:10:04 pm »
It'll be interesting to see the ERG response to Falange's latest toxic emissions.

Here you go. Francois:

"I think Nigel screwed it up. If you genuinely want to work with another political party, you don’t go on live national television and call them liars, which is what he did. He said Boris’s deal doesn’t take us out of the European Union. That is not true. It does take us out of the European Union. That’s why I and my fellow so-called Spartans [the 28 Tory Brexiters who voted against Theresa May’s deal three times] voted for it. We would never, ever have voted for it if we thought it kept us in. I’m sorry, but Nigel is just is simply mistaken.

If that was meant to be to be an olive branch, Nigel completely cocked it up."
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32972 on: November 1, 2019, 02:12:14 pm »
The Brexit party and the Tories scrapping over who can have more of the Brexit cake and tickle Trump's balls the longest.

Skynews talking about will Johnson change his Brexit deal to keep Frottage happy the  Right are starting to fall to pieces.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32973 on: November 1, 2019, 03:17:43 pm »
Here you go. Francois:

"I think Nigel screwed it up. If you genuinely want to work with another political party, you don’t go on live national television and call them liars, which is what he did. He said Boris’s deal doesn’t take us out of the European Union. That is not true. It does take us out of the European Union. That’s why I and my fellow so-called Spartans [the 28 Tory Brexiters who voted against Theresa May’s deal three times] voted for it. We would never, ever have voted for it if we thought it kept us in. I’m sorry, but Nigel is just is simply mistaken.

nige doesn’t want to lose that 6 figure salary for a job where he turns up a couple of times a year to shout how virtuous he is

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32974 on: November 1, 2019, 03:43:05 pm »
Ol' Nige is going to 'bombard every house in this land' with literature explaining to everyone how shit Johnson's deal is - I'm actually starting to like  this guy.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32975 on: November 1, 2019, 03:54:01 pm »
Here you go. Francois:

Picture Francois in nowt but a loin cloth. I dare you.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #32976 on: November 1, 2019, 04:41:32 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32977 on: November 1, 2019, 05:25:07 pm »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #32978 on: November 1, 2019, 05:33:05 pm »
Adam Ramsay
🎃
‏ @AdamRamsay

EXCLUSIVE: The Metropolitan Police have passed a file of criminal evidence against @BorisJohnson and Dominic Cummings' Vote Leave campaign to the Crown Prosecution Service:
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32979 on: November 1, 2019, 05:53:45 pm »
Adam Ramsay

‏ @AdamRamsay

EXCLUSIVE: The Metropolitan Police have passed a file of criminal evidence against @BorisJohnson and Dominic Cummings' Vote Leave campaign to the Crown Prosecution Service:

Sadly this is completely irrelevant to the election campaign and will make no difference to the outcome.

And if Labour believe the Vote Leave campaign committed criminal offences, why the fuck did Corbyn have a go at Swinson the other day and bang on about the legitimacy of the referendum result.

Can you please sort out what your boy's fucking message is? Was the Referendum campaign corrupt or was it legitimate?

Another Corbyn gem, the campaign led by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Dominic Cummings was guilty of numerous criminal offences but the result was legitimate and must be respected...
« Last Edit: November 1, 2019, 10:43:05 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32980 on: November 1, 2019, 06:39:15 pm »
So on the one hand, I'm pleased that it looks like Frottage will take a large number of Tory votes. On the other I'm now concerned he may end up with a significant number of seats in the HoC.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32981 on: November 1, 2019, 07:29:31 pm »
So on the one hand, I'm pleased that it looks like Frottage will take a large number of Tory votes. On the other I'm now concerned he may end up with a significant number of seats in the HoC.

They will get no seats.

But even if they did, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Proper PR voting would greatly diminish Tory numbers but allow smaller parties, right and left, the opportunity to gain seats. Such a system is more likely to lead to the need for compromise.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #32982 on: November 1, 2019, 08:59:01 pm »
And the complete shitness of Yvette Cooper and Andy Burnham when it mattered.

:wellin  Nail hammered my friend

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #32983 on: November 1, 2019, 09:02:26 pm »
The average length of service for an MP is 8 years so hardly a brilliant career choice, given the work needed to get a seat in the first place.

Although the voters in Rushcliffe might struggle without Ken to vote for.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32984 on: November 1, 2019, 09:21:49 pm »

As drmick says, they will highly likely end with no seats. That's even if they get 10% of the overall vote share, with how FPTP works.

I think at the moment the Tories are trying to call Frottage's bluff, or perhaps there's informal talks behind the scenes. Frottage knows in reality if he takes the Tories on, Brexit is in jeopardy. I think you'll see him go after Labour in the heartlands that voted Leave.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32985 on: November 1, 2019, 09:38:17 pm »
To give Frottage some credit he has been consistent in his message that the Brexit Party would only assist the Tories in a GE if the Tories adopted no-deal as their official policy.  I thought he'd wriggle out of that this week but he's reiterated it.

I suppose the question now is whether Cummings will take the bait and adopt a terrible no-deal policy over their almost-as-terrible deal.  It would be a real lifting of the mask moment if they were to.

Now if only the 'remain alliance' could get their act together we could have some good news in six weeks' time.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32986 on: November 1, 2019, 09:51:48 pm »
To give Frottage some credit he has been consistent in his message that the Brexit Party would only assist the Tories in a GE if the Tories adopted no-deal as their official policy.  I thought he'd wriggle out of that this week but he's reiterated it.

I suppose the question now is whether Cummings will take the bait and adopt a terrible no-deal policy over their almost-as-terrible deal.  It would be a real lifting of the mask moment if they were to.

Now if only the 'remain alliance' could get their act together we could have some good news in six weeks' time.
No Johnson cant change course now. the deal is big part of his election campaign.
You can see whats coming already as he's been repeating the same points a few times over the last week.
"Everyone said I couldn't do this and that. I did it
Everyone said i couldn't make the EU change the WA. I did it.
Everyone said I wouldn't get a deal. I did it."
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32987 on: November 1, 2019, 10:34:10 pm »
Adam Ramsay
🎃
‏ @AdamRamsay

Caroline Lucas
@CarolineLucas
So at the start of a general election campaign, the PM and his chief adviser have both been referred to the CPS for breaking the law on elections
Hard to imagine a more serious matter for our democracy
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32988 on: November 1, 2019, 10:41:06 pm »
To be fair that’s me paraphrasing his position.
::) I did actually take that as a quote. You could have at least used single quotes, or italics instead of double quotes. The problem is, Corbyn is so dumb, it did not surprise that he had apparently made those remarks, which is rather damning in of itself.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32989 on: November 1, 2019, 10:42:01 pm »
Caroline Lucas
@CarolineLucas
So at the start of a general election campaign, the PM and his chief adviser have both been referred to the CPS for breaking the law on elections
That’s not what the report says though. It’s Vote Leave that’s been referred to the CPS, not those individuals. And that’s why it won’t impact on the election.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32990 on: November 1, 2019, 10:44:24 pm »
::) I did actually take that as a quote. You could have at least used single quotes, or italics instead of double quotes. The problem is, Corbyn is so dumb, it did not surprise that he had apparently made those remarks, which is rather damning in of itself.

Reading back it came across as a quote. Amended...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32991 on: November 1, 2019, 10:57:39 pm »
That’s not what the report says though. It’s Vote Leave that’s been referred to the CPS, not those individuals. And that’s why it won’t impact on the election.
It won't impact the GE, it does show the police must believe laws might have been broken as the files have been passed onto the CPS, Johnson and Cummings both played a massive part of the campaign so they have questions to answer I imagine.
               Emily Maitlis

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32992 on: November 2, 2019, 07:30:14 am »
Caroline Lucas
@CarolineLucas

And not mentioned at all on the news this morning.  All focus on the rugby final on bbc which is fair enough. Aside from this the only ‘news’ story is about fracking being suspended by government, which is obviously an important story too.  Although cynics may see this as a temp decision given the impending election.

But not one mention of the met police referring the ‘leave’ campaign to the CPS.  So anyone reliant on bbc for news will have no knowledge of this.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32993 on: November 2, 2019, 08:04:28 am »
So anyone reliant on bbc for news will have no knowledge of this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50267454

Unless they read the website.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32994 on: November 2, 2019, 08:15:19 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50267454

Unless they read the website.
Thanks Sam, I felt sure I'd read about it on the BBC, and in fact heard it on the radio.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32995 on: November 2, 2019, 08:17:15 am »
As drmick says, they will highly likely end with no seats. That's even if they get 10% of the overall vote share, with how FPTP works.

I think at the moment the Tories are trying to call Frottage's bluff, or perhaps there's informal talks behind the scenes.Frottage knows in reality if he takes the Tories on, Brexit is in jeopardy. I think you'll see him go after Labour in the heartlands that voted Leave.

I suspect they'll get a 'surprising' number of votes from disillusioned brexiteers.  Thankfully FPTP keeps them away from govenrment, I'd bet they take a lot more labour votes than we want too.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32996 on: November 2, 2019, 08:31:11 am »
And not mentioned at all on the news this morning.  All focus on the rugby final on bbc which is fair enough. Aside from this the only ‘news’ story is about fracking being suspended by government, which is obviously an important story too.  Although cynics may see this as a temp decision given the impending election.

But not one mention of the met police referring the ‘leave’ campaign to the CPS.  So anyone reliant on bbc for news will have no knowledge of this.
It was on yesterday and last night. You know, when it was 'news'.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32997 on: November 2, 2019, 08:34:00 am »

Thats like saying  “Yes, the company ran by Johnson might well be suspected of massive fraud and financial improprieties.. but it’s nothing to do with him”. ;D

He’s culpable as the figurehead.. if anything comes of it that is.

(Edit: quoted wrong person!)
« Last Edit: November 2, 2019, 09:09:21 am by OneTouchFooty »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32998 on: November 2, 2019, 09:00:14 am »
Caroline Lucas
@CarolineLucas

Martin Burslam 🕷
@NeonLuvBar
Replying to
@CarolineLucas
This could be equally serious...
Johnson is withholding a report into Russian interference in the EU referendum.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #32999 on: November 2, 2019, 09:27:07 am »

Martin Burslam 🕷
@NeonLuvBar
Replying to
@CarolineLucas
This could be equally serious...
Johnson is withholding a report into Russian interference in the EU referendum.

If it's the same one, then it's meant to be coming out via a US report which will touch on both referendum 2016 and general election 2017 as part of Russia's attempts to influence elections around the world. Sort of waiting on the US Senate to release it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."