Author Topic: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...  (Read 32834 times)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:14:16 pm »
...he seems to have fashioned this new crop of kids to bear all the hallmarks and up keep the fine traditions associated with Arsenal FC. It looks like his next generation of Arsenal players will be every bit as ill-disciplined, petty and badly behaved as their predecessors!

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:20:12 pm »
Yep, collecting yellows and reds instead of cups and blaming some one else for their woes.

Glad they lost, the handbags was a bonus.

"And Drogba was 2yds offside."   :lmao
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:57:03 pm by mobydick »

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 07:40:06 pm »
Yep. Its the one aspect of the game that he cannot get right.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:05:21 pm »
Yep. Its the one aspect of the game that he cannot get right.

That and winning European Cups  :P
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:39 pm »
they might play the most beautiful football around but thats no excuse for behaving the way they do..

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 1, 2007, 11:27:26 am »
Anyone else going to be happy if Arsenal get knocked out in 3 cups in just over a week?

The whining continues.....

Lampard comes to Adebayor's defence after Wenger plea
Oliver Kay

As a traumatic few days for Arsenal reached another low last night with elimination from the FA Cup by Blackburn Rovers, Arsène Wenger continued to rage about the fallout from Sunday’s acrimonious Carling Cup final defeat by Chelsea, accusing Frank Lampard, the Football Association and one of the match officials at the Millennium Stadium of failing to “tell the truth”.

The Arsenal manager appears certain to be hit by an FA disciplinary charge after accusing one of the match officials in Cardiff of lying by telling the FA’s compliance unit that Emmanuel Adebayor had punched Lampard during the brawl that resulted in red cards for the Arsenal striker as well as Kolo Touré, his teammate, and John Obi Mikel, the Chelsea midfield player.

Wenger also claimed that Lampard, the England midfield player, had a responsibility to “tell the truth” about the incident to spare Adebayor from further punishment. Lampard answered that call today, stating through his agent, Steve Kutner, that he was not punched during the game.

“We lost players on Sunday for three or four games, players like Adebayor who would have played tonight,” Wenger said after his team lost 1-0 at Ewood Park to Benni McCarthy’s spectacular 87th-minute goal.

“I don’t agree with the compliance committee. They have a very selective view and I don’t agree with the report of the linesman on Adebayor. For me, he lies. I feel that Adebayor didn’t punch anybody. When the linesman says that he did, he lies.

“I would like someone to ask Lampard if he was punched by Adebayor. If Lampard says yes, then we accept it. I want him to tell the truth. But we have watched it under a microscope. And if you see Adebayor punching Lampard, I would like you to show me.”

Wenger had more pressing concerns after a result that earned Blackburn a quarter-final tie at home to Manchester City and left Arsenal facing the prospect of another barren season unless they can overturn a first-leg deficit against PSV Eindhoven in the last 16 of the Champions League next Wednesday.

However, having had Adebayor charged by the FA on Monday with “reacting aggressively and failing to leave the field of play” after his red card and Emmanuel Eboué charged with violent conduct after appearing to strike Wayne Bridge, Sunday’s Carling Cup final defeat was still hurting him. Both players have denied the charges.

“It’s just a coincidence when you have 20 players in a brawl and only the Arsenal players are guilty,” Wenger said. “It’s unbelievable. Maybe that’s their [the FA’s] way to do justice. It’s difficult to accept.”

Nor was defeat in last night’s FA Cup fifth-round replay taken readily by Wenger, who complained about two penalty appeals that were rejected by Graham Poll, the referee, and about a similar incident in the first match at the Emirates Stadium.

“We had two reasonable penalty appeals turned down and in the first game there was also one that was 100 per cent,” he said. “We shouldn’t have been here tonight because there was such a clear penalty in the first game. We could make a very good videotape of the penalties we haven’t been given this season.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article1456599.ece

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2007, 11:29:53 am »
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

I admire the football the Arse play, but I dont like them. They behave like kids too much for my liking.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2007, 11:30:31 am »
No excuses for the discipline problems. No matter how good you are (and I think that if Arsenal were as good as they are being made out to be, they wouldnt be in the situation they are now, but thats for another thread) nothing gives you the right to behave the way they do. And its the whole team
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2007, 11:32:07 am »
Pity he's a poof though.
Watch your back.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2007, 12:26:09 pm »
As many have said, Benitez gets flack for essentially doing what Wenger does: importing (significantly less) and rotating (this issue is arguable). But compare what we've achieved under Benitez with Arsenal's achievements over the same period - bearing in mind that Wenger has had a significant headstart on Benitez in all departments.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #10 on: March 1, 2007, 01:14:05 pm »
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Classic  ;D
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2007, 12:05:51 am »
Wenger's persecution complex takes over if you upset Arsenal
By PAUL HAYWARD - CHIEF SPORTS WRITER
Last updated at 23:52pm on 1st March 2007

Nowhere in Arsene Wenger's internal software is there a programme to help him cope with defeat. It was never installed in the vast mental computer that enabled him to find half his back-four in African villages, pinch arguably the game's best young player in Cesc Fabregas from the Barcelona academy and transform the likes of Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira from good to great.

About the only unappealing aspect of Wenger's decade in English football is the persecution complex that invades his character when his mission to cover the game in beauty is upset by an opponent or an official.

Given this congenital inability to lose gracefully, there were sound reasons for his tirade at Blackburn on Wednesday night.

If Arsenal lose to Reading at home in the Premiership on Saturday, they will have been beaten in four consecutive games in four separate competitions. No wonder Gilberto, the club's World Cup winning Brazilian, announced on Thursday: "Now we have a few days to save our season."

Wenger's artistic project is delicate. It lacks the relentless power of Chelsea and the inbuilt spirit and know-how of Manchester United.

It requires young men who have been taught the "Arsenal way" on the lush fields of London Colney to step into the boots of more experienced colleagues and come home with Carling Cups and FA Cup-replay wins from such forbidding outposts as Blackburn Rovers.

It treads the line between radiance and reality. And when three teams come along in eight days to tell Wenger their role is not to submit to his captivating vision, you can hear the Frenchman's gaskets blow.

In his nature, there is an Alsace and a Lorraine. An intellectual who reads biographies of Julius Caesar to relax, and a warrior, hothead and scourge of authority.

His touchline feud with Alan Pardew at West Ham earlier this season prompted us to question Tony Adams' old claim that Wenger is a man who "hates confrontation".

That observation was made in the days before Arsenal were fighting on two major fronts. In Adams' day, it was a duel between the Gunners and United. Now, Wenger is stalked by a London rival wealthier, more combative and more successful: a team who embody Jose Mourinho's dig at Wenger on Sunday - "football is about winning".

Mrs Wenger could probably tell us how foul her husband's mood has been since Arsenal's young guns lost both the Carling Cup and their heads.

Mourinho's approach is less entertaining but more effective. In the midfield battle between Denilson and Frank Lampard and Michael Essien, youth was sent to the back of the class.

When Arsenal's greatest manager called a linesman in that match a "liar" and railed against the supposed leniency of the FA towards Mourinho's men, we were no further on from the day Sir Bobby Robson observed that "Arsene needs to learn how to lose".

To the outsider, the most astonishing aspect of his fury is its capacity to detach him from reason and logic. Not even the most cock-eyed Arsenal fan would deny that Kolo Toure sparked the brawl with his hysterical reaction to an annoying challenge from John Obi Mikel, or that Emmanuel Adebayor deserved both his red card and an FA charge, for barging Ricardo Carvalho, throwing a punch at Frank Lampard and then having to be dragged off the pitch by the Arsenal physio.

Wenger's defence is that Adebayor did not punch Lampard. Therefore, he claims, the linesman lied. In fact, the FA say, the report states that Adebayor tried and failed to strike Lampard and was dismissed for his generally aggressive behaviour. No neutral witness at the Snarling Cup could dispute the decision to send off Adebayor or the subsequent FA charge.

The Arsenal eruption was a blast from the past. It evoked those red-mist days when the bath was always running for Wenger's most belligerent stars.

Mostly, it said that Wenger's superb shadow side of undergraduates are in danger of mistaking histrionics for strength. Standing up for yourself is one thing, falling into traps is quite another, as Wayne Rooney found out at the World Cup.

Equanimity in the face of disappointment is absent from Wenger's make-up, so it was hardly surprising to see Toure, Adebayor, Fabregas and Eboue follow his lead. The dream of the kindergarten cup team was evaporating, and so Mikel's provocation would not be allowed to pass unchallenged.

Just about everyone who understands the game admires Wenger for the work he has done on behalf of self-expression.

When football's technical history is written, he will be remembered as one of the few thinkers who caused the game to make an evolutionary leap.

But observe the darker side of his character when you rip the Carling and FA Cups from his grasp, contain him in fourth place in the Premiership and confront him with a 1-0 first-leg deficit in the Champions League. Then, rage takes over from art.

WHEN PUSH CAME TO SHOVE
AUGUST 19, 2000
Fined £10,000 by the FA after accusations he pushed fourth official Paul Taylor following a 1-0 opening-day defeat at Sunderland. Wenger claimed he was trying to separate Thierry Henry and Darren Williams when Taylor intervened.

THE GREAT RUUD RANT
OCTOBER 24, 2004
Fined £15,000 after calling Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy a cheat following a contentious penalty in Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford. Wenger said: "We all know him, he can only cheat people who don’t know him."

HE WOULDN’T LET IT LIE
APRIL 22, 2006
Hit out at Spurs for not putting the ball out after Emmanuel Eboue and Gilberto Silva were left lying injured. Spurs claimed they didn’t see the injured players but Wenger said: "I can't believe they didn't see it. Of course they lie."

BONFIRE NIGHT FIREWORKS
NOVEMBER 5, 2006
Wenger and then-West Ham boss Alan Pardew had to be pulled apart after the Hammers’ late winner at Upton Park. Both were charged with improper conduct and Wenger, who took two weeks to apologise, was fined £15,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=439503&in_page_id=1779
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2007, 12:14:57 am »
Wenger's persecution complex takes over if you upset Arsenal
By PAUL HAYWARD - CHIEF SPORTS WRITER
Last updated at 23:52pm on 1st March 2007

Nowhere in Arsene Wenger's internal software is there a programme to help him cope with defeat. It was never installed in the vast mental computer that enabled him to find half his back-four in African villages, pinch arguably the game's best young player in Cesc Fabregas from the Barcelona academy and transform the likes of Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira from good to great.

About the only unappealing aspect of Wenger's decade in English football is the persecution complex that invades his character when his mission to cover the game in beauty is upset by an opponent or an official.

Given this congenital inability to lose gracefully, there were sound reasons for his tirade at Blackburn on Wednesday night.

If Arsenal lose to Reading at home in the Premiership on Saturday, they will have been beaten in four consecutive games in four separate competitions. No wonder Gilberto, the club's World Cup winning Brazilian, announced on Thursday: "Now we have a few days to save our season."

Wenger's artistic project is delicate. It lacks the relentless power of Chelsea and the inbuilt spirit and know-how of Manchester United.

It requires young men who have been taught the "Arsenal way" on the lush fields of London Colney to step into the boots of more experienced colleagues and come home with Carling Cups and FA Cup-replay wins from such forbidding outposts as Blackburn Rovers.

It treads the line between radiance and reality. And when three teams come along in eight days to tell Wenger their role is not to submit to his captivating vision, you can hear the Frenchman's gaskets blow.

In his nature, there is an Alsace and a Lorraine. An intellectual who reads biographies of Julius Caesar to relax, and a warrior, hothead and scourge of authority.

His touchline feud with Alan Pardew at West Ham earlier this season prompted us to question Tony Adams' old claim that Wenger is a man who "hates confrontation".

That observation was made in the days before Arsenal were fighting on two major fronts. In Adams' day, it was a duel between the Gunners and United. Now, Wenger is stalked by a London rival wealthier, more combative and more successful: a team who embody Jose Mourinho's dig at Wenger on Sunday - "football is about winning".

Mrs Wenger could probably tell us how foul her husband's mood has been since Arsenal's young guns lost both the Carling Cup and their heads.

Mourinho's approach is less entertaining but more effective. In the midfield battle between Denilson and Frank Lampard and Michael Essien, youth was sent to the back of the class.

When Arsenal's greatest manager called a linesman in that match a "liar" and railed against the supposed leniency of the FA towards Mourinho's men, we were no further on from the day Sir Bobby Robson observed that "Arsene needs to learn how to lose".

To the outsider, the most astonishing aspect of his fury is its capacity to detach him from reason and logic. Not even the most cock-eyed Arsenal fan would deny that Kolo Toure sparked the brawl with his hysterical reaction to an annoying challenge from John Obi Mikel, or that Emmanuel Adebayor deserved both his red card and an FA charge, for barging Ricardo Carvalho, throwing a punch at Frank Lampard and then having to be dragged off the pitch by the Arsenal physio.

Wenger's defence is that Adebayor did not punch Lampard. Therefore, he claims, the linesman lied. In fact, the FA say, the report states that Adebayor tried and failed to strike Lampard and was dismissed for his generally aggressive behaviour. No neutral witness at the Snarling Cup could dispute the decision to send off Adebayor or the subsequent FA charge.

The Arsenal eruption was a blast from the past. It evoked those red-mist days when the bath was always running for Wenger's most belligerent stars.

Mostly, it said that Wenger's superb shadow side of undergraduates are in danger of mistaking histrionics for strength. Standing up for yourself is one thing, falling into traps is quite another, as Wayne Rooney found out at the World Cup.

Equanimity in the face of disappointment is absent from Wenger's make-up, so it was hardly surprising to see Toure, Adebayor, Fabregas and Eboue follow his lead. The dream of the kindergarten cup team was evaporating, and so Mikel's provocation would not be allowed to pass unchallenged.

Just about everyone who understands the game admires Wenger for the work he has done on behalf of self-expression.

When football's technical history is written, he will be remembered as one of the few thinkers who caused the game to make an evolutionary leap.

But observe the darker side of his character when you rip the Carling and FA Cups from his grasp, contain him in fourth place in the Premiership and confront him with a 1-0 first-leg deficit in the Champions League. Then, rage takes over from art.

WHEN PUSH CAME TO SHOVE
AUGUST 19, 2000
Fined £10,000 by the FA after accusations he pushed fourth official Paul Taylor following a 1-0 opening-day defeat at Sunderland. Wenger claimed he was trying to separate Thierry Henry and Darren Williams when Taylor intervened.

THE GREAT RUUD RANT
OCTOBER 24, 2004
Fined £15,000 after calling Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy a cheat following a contentious penalty in Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford. Wenger said: "We all know him, he can only cheat people who don’t know him."

HE WOULDN’T LET IT LIE
APRIL 22, 2006
Hit out at Spurs for not putting the ball out after Emmanuel Eboue and Gilberto Silva were left lying injured. Spurs claimed they didn’t see the injured players but Wenger said: "I can't believe they didn't see it. Of course they lie."

BONFIRE NIGHT FIREWORKS
NOVEMBER 5, 2006
Wenger and then-West Ham boss Alan Pardew had to be pulled apart after the Hammers’ late winner at Upton Park. Both were charged with improper conduct and Wenger, who took two weeks to apologise, was fined £15,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=439503&in_page_id=1779

The writter is clearly not up-to-date then.

Now the FA are claiming he was shoving and acting aggresively.... Who was not acting aggresively there?

Its insane that the FA can charge Ade for that, at the end of the day if you are changing people for 'running in aggressivly and showing' then you could charge cesc, lampard, drogba, essien, bridge, mourinho, about 10 others and probably even the ref. The FA are covering themselves, they cannot do adebayor for failing to leave the pitch, if they find he shouldn't have been sent off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4higQ5rptk to me it looks like he runs in to separte people, it is clear there are no punches thrown

Now whilst eboue was an idiot, consider that defoe has got away with an IDENTICAL offence, as well as biting mascharano. Shocking, but i wouldn't expect anything else from a group that offer mike riley and graeme poll employment.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2007, 12:17:30 am by USgooner »

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2007, 12:19:41 am »

Now the FA are claiming he was shoving and acting aggresively.... Who was not acting aggresively there?

Mikel is the answer you are looking for and the poor guy got a 4 match ban.  :wave

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2007, 12:26:08 am »
Mikel is the answer you are looking for and the poor guy got a 4 match ban.  :wave

LOL, i agree he was about the only one who wasn't. but everybody else was, Chelsea and Arsenal players. but the reason he got banned for 4 games was because he was already sent off this season.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 2, 2007, 02:38:26 am »
I think he should be happy that the FA stoped where they did
 :-\

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 2, 2007, 08:44:48 am »
It was never installed in the vast mental computer that enabled him to find half his back-four in African villages

How many African villages are there in Switzerland or Chelsea?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 2, 2007, 07:18:03 pm »
Wenger Fights Back
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=451768&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Wenger+furious+with+FA

Think that he's just fed up with the way we're treated by the officials. He has mentioned it before that our players get more cards for our fouls than any other side and no paper considered worthy of comment.

The facts show that we have committed fewer fouls than anyone else, and they also show that we have been fouled more than anyone else. But, we have one of the highest card count of anyone else and we get significantly, scandalously significantly more cards for the number of fouls as an average. It's a f****g joke.

It is one thing to have a blip caused by one or two incidents but that isn't the case with us, we are consistently dealt with in a harsher way than our rivals.

I know that figures can lie but sometimes something can be so anomalous that you have to speak out. Personally, I think that if we had more English/ British players in our team we would get fewer cards. I cant i prove it categorically, but there is enough anecdotal evidence to show that we are being punished because we are seen as too foreign.

And due to the old cliche 'Arsenal like them up em', it seems as if other teams have a licence to go in hard on us and get away with it. Wheras, for us the same rules dont apply. Its f****g double standards, and im glad Wenger is going after this.

You will see the difference from now on in games, and i hope the refs have learnt their lesson, and treat us with equal measure compared to others. So well done to Wenger, as this can make a significant difference to our matches, and inturn our results.

f****g disgracefull. The FA have been found out. I lost respect for Wenger over the past two weeks when he put all his eggs in one basket, but this incident has rased his credibility for me. Go on gaffer! Sort these FA mugs out! 

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 2, 2007, 07:26:06 pm »
Your starting to sound very like him, Arsenal are treated no worse than anyone else.  Didn't hear him complain  when wigan were turned down a stone wall peno and a goal given to you lot which was off side  ::)  nope cause they won that game and Mr Whinger never seen it. Their will always be contraversey surounding Arsenal , cause they court it

Offline shoelesswonder

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #19 on: March 2, 2007, 07:29:15 pm »
...he seems to have fashioned this new crop of kids to bear all the hallmarks and up keep the fine traditions associated with Arsenal FC. It looks like his next generation of Arsenal players will be every bit as ill-disciplined, petty and badly behaved as their predecessors!

Got a lot to live up to.  Can't really see any of this lot ending up in prison for drink driving or arrested for smuggling hard core pornography and starting a brothel.  But as you say, they are still young.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Offline FTW

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2007, 07:30:21 pm »
It's hightly unlikely that the F.A are gonna concede defeat in any way to Wenger, 'cause that'd just open the floodgates.

The more he talks, the more shit he's gonna get himself and his club in. You'd think he'd realise that.

I really don't see what he has to gain.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #21 on: March 2, 2007, 07:45:16 pm »
Wenger Fights Back
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=451768&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=4161&title=Wenger+furious+with+FA

Think that he's just fed up with the way we're treated by the officials. He has mentioned it before that our players get more cards for our fouls than any other side and no paper considered worthy of comment.

The facts show that we have committed fewer fouls than anyone else, and they also show that we have been fouled more than anyone else. But, we have one of the highest card count of anyone else and we get significantly, scandalously significantly more cards for the number of fouls as an average. It's a f****g joke.

It is one thing to have a blip caused by one or two incidents but that isn't the case with us, we are consistently dealt with in a harsher way than our rivals.

I know that figures can lie but sometimes something can be so anomalous that you have to speak out. Personally, I think that if we had more English/ British players in our team we would get fewer cards. I cant i prove it categorically, but there is enough anecdotal evidence to show that we are being punished because we are seen as too foreign.

And due to the old cliche 'Arsenal like them up em', it seems as if other teams have a licence to go in hard on us and get away with it. Wheras, for us the same rules dont apply. Its f****g double standards, and im glad Wenger is going after this.

You will see the difference from now on in games, and i hope the refs have learnt their lesson, and treat us with equal measure compared to others. So well done to Wenger, as this can make a significant difference to our matches, and inturn our results.

f****g disgracefull. The FA have been found out. I lost respect for Wenger over the past two weeks when he put all his eggs in one basket, but this incident has rased his credibility for me. Go on gaffer! Sort these FA mugs out! 

I'm going to go and enjoy a bevvie on the patio, as you're already on the cross.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: March 2, 2007, 08:04:44 pm »
I know we lost there in the league but "forbidding outposts as Blackburn Rovers" is a bit much!

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #23 on: March 2, 2007, 08:12:49 pm »
I think Wenger has been corrupted by the Premiership.  You would have never have seen this kind of behaviour from him a few years ago but now he is right down there with the likes of Ferguson and, of course, Mourinho.  He has had a downward spiral for the last 2 seasons.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: March 3, 2007, 12:10:50 am »
UsGooner, one point for you

The number of fouls does not equal the number of cards. The severity of the fouls would equal the number of cards so counting the number of the fouls and cards and then coming to a conclusiong is utter shite. All it says to me is that Arsenal players are more reckless in the tackle than other teams

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #25 on: March 3, 2007, 06:02:31 am »
Their will always be contraversey surounding Arsenal , cause they court it

Nowhere fucking near as much as Chelsea do.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #26 on: March 3, 2007, 07:49:09 am »

;D

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 3, 2007, 08:34:03 am »
Does Wenger think when he's whinging away to the fourth official that he's going to go and tell the ref to change his decision? It's not going to happen; someone needs to tell him this.

Terrible, terrible losers him and Ferguson. I don't like Jose much but at least he knows when he's beat and can admit when they've had a shit game.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #28 on: March 3, 2007, 08:42:07 am »
I don't care that he is bad loser - as long as he is a loser

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #29 on: March 3, 2007, 06:40:58 pm »
I don't care that he is bad loser - as long as he is a loser
'Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser'

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 3, 2007, 10:07:37 pm »
'Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser'

That's absolute rubbish! What a shite attitude. My eight year old son was absolutly distraught after this loss today, but I've told him to keep his head high and 'Walk On' like we all sing; we got beat fair and square and it hurts like hell, but, we'll be back. You have to be able to lose with dignity and then your wins taste so much sweeter.

Boat

« Last Edit: March 3, 2007, 10:10:25 pm by Mr Boat »
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline shoelesswonder

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #31 on: March 3, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
That's absolute rubbish! What a shite attitude. My eight year old son was absolutly distraught after this loss today, but I've told him to keep his head high and 'Walk On' like we all sing; we got beat fair and square and it hurts like hell, but, we'll be back. You have to be able to lose with dignity and then your wins taste so much sweeter.

Boat

Here, here.  Too much of this win at all costs shite in society today.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #32 on: March 4, 2007, 08:04:25 pm »

Boat

It is not my quote but I think you misinterpreted it.  Obviously all the bickering and bitterness is not nice and lacks grace but the meaning behind the quote is to say that somebody who accepts defeat too easily truly is a loser.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #33 on: March 4, 2007, 08:09:12 pm »

I admire the football the Arse play, but I dont like them. They behave like kids too much for my liking.

Ha ha :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 5, 2007, 12:43:56 pm »
So is it 68 red cards now for Arsenal in Whingers time there?

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 5, 2007, 12:59:07 pm »

That's the spirit

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 5, 2007, 01:02:59 pm »

Holy Jeebus!
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 5, 2007, 01:29:56 pm »

And the weird thing is Arsenal finished top of the Fair play league 3 or 4 time under Wenger.

Now work that one out?

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #38 on: March 5, 2007, 01:36:57 pm »
Now work that one out?

Yer sulky twats!

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 5, 2007, 01:42:57 pm »
And the weird thing is Arsenal finished top of the Fair play league 3 or 4 time under Wenger.

Now work that one out?
Cuss my ignorance here , but top means the worst doesnt it?  the more reds and yellows more points the higher up you are?