Author Topic: NBA Draft 2K14  (Read 19097 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Draft 2K14
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »
Theres going to be some good players left unpicked in this thing.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »
Last pick is on me then we are done. Give me a little bit of time folks, I've thought of about 7 players already and when I go to select them I find they've been picked! Will be as quick as I can.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »
All undrafted team at a glance:

PG - Maurice Cheeks
SG - Drazen Petrovic
SF - Bernard King
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Brad Daugherty
6th - Jeff Hornacek

They'd light you up, no doubt about that.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »
All undrafted team at a glance:

PG - Maurice Cheeks
SG - Drazen Petrovic
SF - Bernard King
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Brad Daugherty
6th - Jeff Hornacek

They'd light you up, no doubt about that.

Bernard King isn't eligible.

Petrovic was my second back-up for Allen after Manu.

Few players you have missed:- Ron Harper, Peja and Amare.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
Bernard King isn't eligible.

Petrovic was my second back-up for Allen after Manu.

Few players you have missed:- Ron Harper, Peja and Amare.
Oh you're right. Missed out by a few months.  ;D

Yeah we had Peja high for our SF position but needed a little D. Amare is strong too. Petrovic should have been drafted.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »
Did Iggy get drafted in the end? He could go.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2014, 05:04:38 pm »
Oh you're right. Missed out by a few months.  ;D

Yeah we had Peja high for our SF position but needed a little D. Amare is strong too. Petrovic should have been drafted.

I was really considering between Peja and Schrempf. Loved that Kings team with Divac, CWeb, Peja and JWill/Bibby.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »
They had Hedo too right?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2014, 05:10:22 pm »
Harden aside, I really like the team, AWWUC.
I appreciate the kind words  :)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2014, 06:24:45 pm »
Marc Gasol hasnt been picked?!? Christ I considered him when I took Yao in round 4 :D
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2014, 06:54:33 pm »
Thought about both as well, but neither is as good a shooter as Klay.

Considered Korver too, but he's a defensive liability, as much as I like him.

Klay is a good pick.

I think he is massively underrated.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »
Could we have a seperate thread to write up about our rosters/players?

Will be an enjoyable history lesson and read... before the RAWK voting ruins everything  :P

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:30 pm »
Ricky Pearce is a great pick. Though I'm surprised none of us was interested in Marc Gasol or Bruce Bowen. If I hadn't gotten Sabonis I would have picked Gasol (DPOY!), and I would have gone for Bowen (7 time ALL defensive team) if I hadn't gotten Leonard.

So what happens now?

Do we get matched up, and then explain how our team should fare against our opposing team?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2014, 08:12:23 pm »
So what happens now?

Do we get matched up, and then explain how our team should fare against our opposing team?
Depends if you want to do a generalized write up (how you envision your team playing), or a match specific one of how they would deal with your opposition.

Think the second one would be interesting, but obviously would depend on how much spare time people have to do write ups.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »
Ricky Pearce is a great pick. Though I'm surprised none of us was interested in Marc Gasol or Bruce Bowen. If I hadn't gotten Sabonis I would have picked Gasol (DPOY!), and I would have gone for Bowen (7 time ALL defensive team) if I hadn't gotten Leonard.

So what happens now?

Needed a scorer off the bench which is why I went for Bowen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2014, 08:15:51 pm »
AWWYc  is it knockouts or group first?

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2014, 08:21:38 pm »
AWWYc  is it knockouts or group first?
Think it's going to be straight k.o.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »
Depends if you want to do a generalized write up (how you envision your team playing), or a match specific one of how they would deal with your opposition.

Think the second one would be interesting, but obviously would depend on how much spare time people have to do write ups.

I think I'll just make a round by round write up. There are some top teams here, so I may also make a small analysis on the opposition I'm playing as part of the write up (if I have the time!).
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2014, 11:26:05 am »
We're doing straight knock-out :)

I'll get the matches drawn shortly and I'll post them in here.

We'll start on Tuesday (or Wednesday if you'd all prefer), so it gives you all a couple of days to write a write up (if you want, no obligation).

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2014, 11:39:54 am »

We'll start on Tuesday (or Wednesday if you'd all prefer), so it gives you all a couple of days to write a write up (if you want, no obligation).

Sounds good. (I'm assuming you'll be posting our matchday opposition by the end of today?)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:57 am »
Sounds good. (I'm assuming you'll be posting our matchday opposition by the end of today?)
Yup.

I'll have it up in the next hour or so.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2014, 12:07:47 pm »
Draw for first round of knock outs -

Doc Red v Po The Panda

'Mondzz' v AWWYC

Gods_Left_Boot v IndianRed

Nicholls v Liverluke

Vishwa Atma v EstonianRed

Gerry Attrick v Saint Kopite

El Capitan v Nicky English

Samie v Fiasco

You have until 6pm on Tuesday to plot your opponents downfall.

I won't be able to set the games up earlier on Tuesday, and 6pm suits me moving forward anyway.

SEND ME YOUR LINEUPS AND ANY POSSIBLE WRITE UP YOU HAVE VIA PM

Good luck all, except Samie.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:12:15 pm by Anywhichwayudjan »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
Bump for those who haven't seen it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2014, 06:22:30 pm »
I don't need luck son.

By the way Eva will betaking requests.  ;)

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2014, 06:42:29 am »
Can someone prepare a write up for my player :-X I know next to nothing of anyone except Shaq....  ;D

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »
Other strategies would include getting Shaq to the line as much as possible
:lmao
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »
Yeah I'd write something like "My team will run a high pick and roll with Shaq as the ball handler and Reggie Miller as the pick setter. Other strategies would include getting Shaq to the line as much as possible, and letting Miller post up. Team budget and finances to be handled by Vin Baker."

Ouch! ;D

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:05 am »

Where should we post our write up, when the voting starts or right now at this very moment to here ? :)

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »
The Mean Street Express

Roster

PG - Kevin Johnson
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Serge Ibaka
C  - David Robinson
6th man - Shawn Marion

Tactics

Starting Lineup:
PG - Kevin Johnson
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Serge Ibaka
C  - David Robinson

Small (height):
PG - Kevin Johnson (6-1)
SG - Dwyane Wade (6-4)
SF - Grant Hill (6-8)
PF – Shawn Marion (6-7)
C  - Serge Ibaka (6-10)

Big (height):

PG - Grant Hill (6-8)
SG - Dwyane Wade (6-4)
SF - Shawn Marion (6-7)
PF – Serge Ibaka (6-10)
C  - David Robinson (7-1)

3PT %:
PG - Kevin Johnson (.305)
SG - Grant Hill (.314)
SF – Shawn Marion (.332)
PF - Serge Ibaka (.366)    
C  - David Robinson (.250)

Free-throw (FT%):
PG - Kevin Johnson (.841)
SG – Dwyane Wade (.765)
SF - Grant Hill (.769)
PF – Shawn Marion (.811)
C  - David Robinson (.736)

Offense:
PG - Kevin Johnson (17.9 PPG, 9APG)
SG - Dwyane Wade (24.3PPG, 6APG)
SF - Grant Hill (16.7PPG, 4.1APG)
PF - Shawn Marion (15.8PPG, 1.9APG)
C  - David Robinson (21.1PPG, 2.5APG)

Defense:
PG - Dwyane Wade (5RPG, 1.8SPG, 1BPG)
SG - Grant Hill (6RPG, 1.2SPG, 0.6BPG)
SF - Shawn Marion (9RPG, 1.6SPG, 1.1BPG)
PF – Serge Ibaka (7.4RPG, 0.4SPG, 2.6BPG)
C  - David Robinson (10.6RPG, 1.4SPG, 3BPG)

We all know who Ibaka and D-Wade are...

Kevin Johnson
-   One of only three players in NBA history (Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson) to average at least 20 points and 12 assists in a season
-   Along with Magic Johnson, one of only two players in NBA history to have twice averaged at least 20 points and 10 assists per game over the course of a season while shooting at least .500 from the field.
-   First player in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 10 assists, a .500 field goal percentage, and 2 steals in a season (in 1990-91)
-   Phoenix Suns' all-time leader in free throws made (3,943), free throws attempted (4,691), assists in a season (991), and assists in a game (25).
-   Recorded the third-most seasons averaging at least 18 points and 9 assists with seven, behind only Oscar Robertson (nine) and Magic Johnson (eight).

Grant Hill
During the 1995–96 season, Hill showcased his all-round abilities by leading the NBA in triple-doubles (10). He also won a gold medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta as a member of the U.S. men's basketball team, where he had the team's fifth highest scoring average (9.7) and led the team in steals (18). In 1996–97 season, Hill averaged 21.4 points, 9.0 rebounds, 7.3 assists and 1.8 steals per game. He became the first player since Larry Bird in 1989–90 to average 20 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists in a season, an accomplishment that has not been duplicated since. Once again, Hill led the league in triple-doubles, where his 13 triple-doubles represented 35 percent of the league's triple-double total that season. He was the league's Player of the Month for January and was also awarded NBA's IBM Award, given to the player with the biggest statistical contributions to his team. He finished third in MVP voting, behind Karl Malone and Michael Jordan.

Much like Scottie Pippen with the Bulls, Hill assumed the role of a "point forward" in Detroit, running the Pistons' offense. As a result, between the 1995–96 and 1998–99 NBA seasons, Hill was the league leader in assists per game among non-guards all four seasons. In the lockout-shortened 1999 season, as he led his team in points, rebounds and assists for the third time, Hill joined Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor as the only players in NBA history to lead their teams in scoring, rebounding and assists more than once. Hill and Chamberlain are the only two players in league history to lead their teams in points, rebounds and assists per game three times. Hill was selected to play in the 1998 FIBA World Championship, but in the end no NBA players played in this tournament due to the lockout.

In 1999–2000 season, Hill averaged 25.8 points while shooting 49% from the field, the season's third highest scoring average, behind MVP Shaquille O'Neal and Allen Iverson. He averaged 6.6 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game. After the first six seasons of his career, before his ankle injury, Hill had a total of 9,393 points, 3,417 rebounds and 2,720 assists. Oscar Robertson, Bird, and LeBron James are the only three players in league history to eclipse these numbers after their first six seasons.

"A versatile SF, possessing the all-round skillset to play at the 1/2/3/4 spots effortlessly without disrupting the flow in both offense and defense. In his prime, he was a walking triple-double, regarded as one of the most complete players in the game. He has the handles and vision of a PG, can slash to the hoop like a SG, scores on one-on-one isolation plays like a SF, and post-up in the low post like a big."

“Hill was dynamic. He kept opponents off balance like Kyrie Irving and thrashed the lane with authority as well as the dexterity of a young Bryant. With his 6'8" height paired with his athleticism, he also ran the floor, passed skillfully and was a fantastic rebounder. Hill’s first six seasons contest those of the greatest players in the history of the game.”

Shawn Marion
Shawn "The Matrix" Marion is "one of the best players of his generation. The versatile forward out of UNLV has been a great shooter throughout his NBA career, with a career average of .485 from the field and never dipping below .440 for a season. He also has been excellent at defending pretty much every position on the floor, highlighted perhaps by his masterful job on LeBron James during the 2011 NBA Finals. He also is one of just five players in league history to log 1,500 steals and 1,000 blocks for his career, joining the Hall of Fame quartet of Hakeem Olajuwon, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, and Julius Erving".

Twin towers in the paint
David Robinson and Serge Ibaka

David Robinson
- Fourth (and most recent) player in NBA history to record a quadruple-double in a game
- Fourth player in NBA history to score 70 or more points in a game
- One of two players in NBA history to lead the league in scoring (1993–94), rebounding (1990–91) and blocked shots (1991–92) during his career
- Second player in NBA history to win Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player during his career
- Only player in NBA history to lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots and win awards for Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player during his career
- Only player in NBA history to rank among top five players in the league in rebounding, blocks and steals in the same season
- Only player in NBA history to rank among the top seven players in the league in five statistics in the same season

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:15:45 pm by NICHOLLS1986 »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »
Where should we post our write up, when the voting starts or right now at this very moment to here ? :)
You can post it in here mate if you want, or send it to me via PM.

I only have three or four teams so far, lads.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2014, 02:01:46 pm »
At the moment, the only match I can start is me and Mondzz

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »
you might as well.  its' all knockouts isn't it?

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »
At the moment, the only match I can start is me and Mondzz

Sorry, I've been busy over the past few days!
I'll try and get a right up when I get home, so hopefully by the end of today. :wave

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2014, 04:04:40 pm »
Not had time to get the write up done yet. Will try and sort it as soon as I'm home from work today.

Is the deadline still 6pm?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »
Well, given how few teams I've received, we'll start tomorrow instead, if that suits everyone better?

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »
Well, given how few teams I've received, we'll start tomorrow instead, if that suits everyone better?
Ideal, mate.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »
agreed

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2014, 04:32:20 pm »
Right so, we'll start tomorrow evening. Apologies to anyone looking forward to it today.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:35 pm »
Completely forgot about this. Give me some time. I will post my write-up to AWWUC as soon as possible.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2014, 05:13:00 pm »
Right so, we'll start tomorrow evening. Apologies to anyone looking forward to it today.

sent you mine  today