Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046355 times)

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I was beyond excited when I found out that Martin Tyler was not gonna be on as the commenter for the Final on my TV!

Although I can't remember who was on the international feed. (My TV subscription used the beIN sports package i think!)
Does any know who the commentators was?

100% for the Jim Beglin + Peter Drury combo as my favorite team right now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lots of interesting shouts here, due to the sheer amount of bellendery in punditry. But of course, when it comes down to it the answer to the question can only ever be either Richard Keys or Danny Mills. They are so far ahead in utter cuntishness that they've lapped the world more times than Superman when his bird got smoothied

Someone forwarded me a link to his “blog” the Monday after the final. Has a proper go at Liverpool supporters the bitter twat, and says that any sort of success for Liverpool is hard for the neutral to stomach. Not because of Klopp, the players or the club but because some Liverpool fans “viciously” troll him on social media. Poor lamb  :'(.  As if Liverpool fans are alone in doing that.

Then says something like  “I’ll no doubt be a victim of their viciousness again for having the temerity to point this out”  ::)

Sounds like something one of the loons from GOT would come out with.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Vicious by calling him Pube Paws or questioning his morals regards him hanging out of his daughters best mate whilst his wife had cancer?

He should know, It's just banter.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
again this is heavily football-based but I'll put sanjay manjrekar up against anyone in this list. he's little more than a fucking cheerleader.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Someone forwarded me a link to his “blog” the Monday after the final. Has a proper go at Liverpool supporters the bitter twat, and says that any sort of success for Liverpool is hard for the neutral to stomach. Not because of Klopp, the players or the club but because some Liverpool fans “viciously” troll him on social media. Poor lamb  :'(.  As if Liverpool fans are alone in doing that.

Then says something like  “I’ll no doubt be a victim of their viciousness again for having the temerity to point this out”  ::)

Sounds like something one of the loons from GOT would come out with.
Talk about reaping what you sow.
I'm pretty sure if he had not been so "vicious" to Rafa and not been trying to put Klopp under pressure then he wouldn't get trolled so much.
To paraphrase Sam Allardyce:
He can't take it can he.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was beyond excited when I found out that Martin Tyler was not gonna be on as the commenter for the Final on my TV!

Although I can't remember who was on the international feed. (My TV subscription used the beIN sports package i think!)
Does any know who the commentators was?

100% for the Jim Beglin + Peter Drury combo as my favorite team right now.
Some fella called Tony Jones and David Pleat was co-commentating. To be fair it was dreadful, heard more passionate commentary watching sailing, I somehow stuck with it during the game, as it helped calmed the nerves and couldn't stick BT with 'Fletch' and 'JJ'.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Thought i'd put this here

Lineker Ł1.75m
Shearer Ł440k
Mohammad Ł355K
Jenas Ł210K

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48826586

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
It's crazy money, of course, but Lineker is really good at what he does.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
That fucking pinhead Jenas gets over Ł200k to say what he can see on the screen in front of him and wank over his mates "Dele" and "Harry" et al. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That fucking pinhead Jenas gets over Ł200k to say what he can see on the screen in front of him and wank over his mates "Dele" and "Harry" et al. :butt

That’s just from the BBC presumably. He probably gets a similar amount to do the same on BT.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Graeme Swann. Hands down. He's insufferable.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
That’s just from the BBC presumably. He probably gets a similar amount to do the same on BT.
I’m sure he’s popped up elsewhere too. If only he got about the pitch so well.
AHA!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
I really like Lineker as a person, but I actually don't like his presenting style.  Especially when he's talking to pundits - when they're answering, you can hear him go "mmm...mmm...yeah...yeah.." while they're speaking, as if he's not listening to their answer.  Then he can't wait to start talking and ask another question.  Like I say, I like him and there are far worse out there, but I don't like his presenting/interviewing style much.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I agree he's good at it but what does he do on the BBC? MoTD, the odd FA Cup game and Sport Personality of the Year? No one watches football because of who's presenting the show or who the 'pundits' are but like redgriffin, Jenas getting Ł210k from the BBC seems like more of a crime. I don't even want to know what Robbie Savage is on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Mark Nicholas and Saurav Ganguly both commentating on the cricket world cup, neither shut up for more than a few seconds even when the batsmen are playing shots.

They seem to think the viewer knows nothing about the game.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Was a fantastic player for us and I'm sure he's a good lad deep down, but sorry - Steve Nicol is a shite pundit. Constantly dumping on our players. This week it's Divock Origi who's the target, Nicol slating him because he's signed a new contract to be squad cover, despite the fact that he's just shown a brilliant attitude over the past year and been a massive reason we won the Champions League. Talk about negativity just for the sake of it.

If he keeps it up, he'll be in the Ronnie Whelan and Mark Lawrenson bracket of legend players who trash their reputations through awful punditry.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Was a fantastic player for us and I'm sure he's a good lad deep down, but sorry - Steve Nicol is a shite pundit. Constantly dumping on our players. This week it's Divock Origi who's the target, Nicol slating him because he's signed a new contract to be squad cover, despite the fact that he's just shown a brilliant attitude over the past year and been a massive reason we won the Champions League. Talk about negativity just for the sake of it.

If he keeps it up, he'll be in the Ronnie Whelan and Mark Lawrenson bracket of legend players who trash their reputations through awful punditry.

He's absolutely clueless. Also heard him say that we need to strengthen at CB (despite having the best defence in the league) and bemoaning our lack of goals from midfield. Just constantly negative.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's absolutely clueless. Also heard him say that we need to strengthen at CB (despite having the best defence in the league) and bemoaning our lack of goals from midfield. Just constantly negative.

More goals from midfield is just lazy punditry, you hear it all the time from different pundits about different clubs when they can't think of anything to say and it just gets repeated by football fans. I think it's a hangover from the Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes era and now everyone expects midfielders to always get 15 goals a season
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
I agree he's good at it but what does he do on the BBC? MoTD, the odd FA Cup game and Sport Personality of the Year? No one watches football because of who's presenting the show or who the 'pundits' are but like redgriffin, Jenas getting Ł210k from the BBC seems like more of a crime. I don't even want to know what Robbie Savage is on.
It's a disgrace. I don't watch MOTD but I probably would if it was just highlights of the games and no 'talent' on show as the boss of the BBC calls them.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Thought i'd put this here

Lineker Ł1.75m
Shearer Ł440k
Mohammad Ł355K
Jenas Ł210K

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48826586

I understand Lineker and Shearer - they’re good at what they do. In terms of ‘market price’ for that talent it’s not that high compared to commercial broadcasters.

What is an absolute disgrace is Jason Mohammed. Not really sure how such a wind up merchant with no intellectual insight is getting paid that much to goad listeners and viewers. Who gave him that ridiculous contract? Ed Woodward?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Sam Alardici is worth a shout, if hes going to be giving his opinion, he really should have some idea of what he's talking about.
Apparently we spent 300 million last summer, and that Fabio boy we signed worked out very well after a slow start.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sam Alardici is worth a shout, if hes going to be giving his opinion, he really should have some idea of what he's talking about.
Apparently we spent 300 million last summer, and that Fabio boy we signed worked out very well after a slow start.

To be fair, Fabinho's first name is Fabio but I assume he incorrectly pronounced his surname.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What is an absolute disgrace is Jason Mohammed. Not really sure how such a wind up merchant with no intellectual insight is getting paid that much to goad listeners and viewers. Who gave him that ridiculous contract? Ed Woodward?

Absolutely this. Can't stand the c*nt. Him and Savage together on five live as shock jocks practically rim each other on air. They are two of the least funny and interesting people in the world in any field. They just laugh at each other and then say something provocative and unfunny and say 'oooh wound you up'.

Mohammed shouldn't be getting more than 30k

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Is charisma just something they don't look for in a pundit these days?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
To be fair, Fabinho's first name is Fabio but I assume he incorrectly pronounced his surname.

Is it ? didn't even know that. No way meat head knew it mind. Any time I hear him too he always has to get Fergusons name in a conversation somehow.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Martin Tyler and Sky *still* trying to make "and it's live" a thing.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off

I find that quite odd. I mean, of course it is, like they've been showing it for the past 27 fucking years.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

It is a thing, it's the indicator when to mute the TV for adverts

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Glenn Hoddle just cannot get over us beating his beloved Spurs, the bitter wankstain.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Glenn Hoddle just cannot get over us beating his beloved Spurs, the bitter wankstain.

He's been terrible for years
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

He also seems to think David Silva played for Barcelona.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Stuart Robson was on my stream today, the annoying prick. Accusing us of hypocrisy, thereby being a hypocrite himself.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan

And his patronising comments every time the lineswoman made a correct call.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And his patronising comments every time the lineswoman made a correct call.

She's a bloody good official, he's a prick.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I don't often complain about pundits/commentators - apart from Keys and Mills of course, the cretinous fucknuggets, and I reckon most fans are way too oversensitive a lot of the time.

But Hoddle is hard to listen to, like a deranged puppy desperate to keep saying something all the time, even if it's bilge. And always trying to say something "different" from everyone else to try and prove his astuteness.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
I had the misfortune of having to drive to work this morning due to the inclement weather.  Brazil and Allardyce on with Henry Winter.  Talk about veiled Xenophobia, dear me.  Allardyce still banging on about if you have money/players etc anyone with a decent coaching badge will get trophies - surprised he didn't mention his make believe time at real Madrid when he won everything.

Hope the weather is better tomorrow!!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
New candidate, Dean Saunders. For a) implying that we're not already the better counter-attacking team in the league and b) offering Rooney as an actual suggestion as a player who would fix that.

Context for those who need it - https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1158621481636700160

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stuart Robson was on my stream today, the annoying prick. Accusing us of hypocrisy, thereby being a hypocrite himself.

I like him sometimes, he's picked us to win the league.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Today Danny Mills claimed Phil Foden as one of the best players on the planet.  What a bell.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
Danny Mills makes me sick how bad he is. by far the worst