Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440388 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE, GYMS OPEN
« Reply #42720 on: December 5, 2020, 02:50:52 am »
Tbf I think there is a difference between being a conspiracy theorist and having worries vaccine not safe

When Russia were the first to come out with news about there's being ready ,I'm pretty sure we were all dubious about that and would never go near it

Obviously I think people should have more faith in our system and checks like , and I've argued angrily with people who were also saying they'd be reluctant to to take it

The long-term effects point just annoys me because do they want us to have 30 year trials ? That's the only way we would know the long term effects . They don't do those trials for any medicine or things we consume

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42721 on: December 5, 2020, 03:40:19 am »
Managed to get an Antibody test off youGov. Interested to see if I've had it , Mrs's came back last week with antibodies.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #42722 on: December 5, 2020, 11:44:08 am »
Anyone know how much the self assessment grant is ? My cousin has claimed and gotten £50k apparently.  But I don’t trust him so thought I’d ask here  :wave

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42723 on: December 5, 2020, 11:59:50 am »
Anyone know how much the self assessment grant is ? My cousin has claimed and gotten £50k apparently.  But I don’t trust him so thought I’d ask here  :wave
If you mean the SEISS grant, the third grant is capped at £7500. 

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42724 on: December 5, 2020, 12:17:24 pm »
Tbf I think there is a difference between being a conspiracy theorist and having worries vaccine not safe

When Russia were the first to come out with news about there's being ready ,I'm pretty sure we were all dubious about that and would never go near it

Obviously I think people should have more faith in our system and checks like , and I've argued angrily with people who were also saying they'd be reluctant to to take it

The long-term effects point just annoys me because do they want us to have 30 year trials ? That's the only way we would know the long term effects . They don't do those trials for any medicine or things we consume

But when you talk to people that are supposedly not anti-vax but are "hesitant" you find a significant amount of them believe anti-vax misinformation. Maybe not the hardcore conspiracy stuff, but it's still misinformation and sometimes bordering conspiracy. Not really a complete separation, it's a blurred line between the two. Vaccine misinformation has damaged a lot of the public's perception. I actually think the vaccine misinformation is probably more harmful than a select group of cranks claiming Bill Gates is microchipping them.

People are going to be hesitant over Russia because all the weird nationalism and perception of Russia. But ultimately it's a global fight against the same disease besides any geographical differences. i think people will have taken Russia's vaccine if it was tested/trialled here etc.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 12:21:08 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42725 on: December 5, 2020, 01:30:24 pm »
Putting this in here because it's the same team as the Covid vaccination - this could be amazing news for Africa.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/05/team-behind-oxford-covid-jab-start-final-stage-of-malaria-vaccine-trials

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42726 on: December 5, 2020, 02:38:52 pm »
Putting this in here because it's the same team as the Covid vaccination - this could be amazing news for Africa.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/05/team-behind-oxford-covid-jab-start-final-stage-of-malaria-vaccine-trials

Could be potentially vital news for the world, not jus Africa and South East Asia where the current disease burden is highest.

The coming decades climate change is spreading the threat of mosquito-borne diseases away from the environments we are currently used to. (Europe needs to invest far more in prevention methods for the likes of malaria and dengue).

Would temper expectations on this slightly, from the language the professor has used in the article, as this is less of a 'sure thing' (nb, theres no such thing as a sure thing) than the Oxford vaccine was - this is a long researched area where developments have been difficult. However even if it's not as effective as hoped, any step forward is always a fantastic step and sets the path for future developments in this (and other) areas.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #42727 on: December 5, 2020, 04:15:33 pm »
UK numbers

Cases 15,539 (prior week 15,871)
Deaths 397 (prior week 479)

Cases by sample date shown below

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42728 on: December 5, 2020, 11:24:35 pm »
Nationally it’s now flat as a pancake. Given the scenes in loads of places today that will only last for the lag period since Dec 2nd. Anyone care for a wager on lockdown 3.0? I’m going for Jan 25th.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42729 on: December 5, 2020, 11:37:33 pm »
Nationally it’s now flat as a pancake. Given the scenes in loads of places today that will only last for the lag period since Dec 2nd. Anyone care for a wager on lockdown 3.0? I’m going for Jan 25th.

I think Jan 25 is probably there or thereabouts.. The alarm sounds will be there from early January but they'll inevitably wait for the last moment to do a lockdown at the sacrifice of another few thousand people.
YNWA.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42730 on: December 5, 2020, 11:43:25 pm »
I agree 4th week of Jan

1st week probably ongoing plateau of cases but some regions hit very hard with lots of brexit media attention

2nd week tier 2 cases going up but ripple and casedemic voices loud

3rd week sage call for full lockdown

Eventually happens a week later
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #42731 on: December 5, 2020, 11:43:48 pm »
Tier 3?

Wouldn't have guessed it out and about today. Even saw people go into a supermarket without masks - no questions - nothing.

It's like we've not learnt anything.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42732 on: December 6, 2020, 01:02:29 am »
I'm not sure we will easily have another national lockdown, the various nutters on the Tory backbenchers don't sound like they will be keen on much of an extension to measures.

Maybe just stck a Tier 4 option and leave local measures in place (assuming the Tories will even back that).

It would be remarkably typical of this government to completely fuck things up with the finishing line coming into sight.

London should be in Tier 3 at the next review, numbers here even under lockdown are trending up, will be interesting to see if they have the balls to do that. If they don't and leave London in Tier 2 for another 2 weeks plus the Christmas loosening things will likely get pretty bad here.

A lot of the areas that weren't in Tier 3 pre lockdown aren't trending too well.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42733 on: December 6, 2020, 01:11:08 am »
Everything you say is correct but I wouldn't say the finishing line is in sight. Vaccine roll out will begin but need to put it to the back of everyone's mind (except to go out and get it when possible). As you point out we're at an extremely delicate position but unless similar measures to the spring, probably several months away from getting numbers down to what they were in approx June or July.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42734 on: December 6, 2020, 02:27:33 am »
Everything you say is correct but I wouldn't say the finishing line is in sight. Vaccine roll out will begin but need to put it to the back of everyone's mind (except to go out and get it when possible). As you point out we're at an extremely delicate position but unless similar measures to the spring, probably several months away from getting numbers down to what they were in approx June or July.

My mate, pharmacy manager, says he's doing his planning and everything mentioned so far as a best case scenario is for Wales to be vaccinated it'll be July. 
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 06:20:40 am by losCHUNK »

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42735 on: December 6, 2020, 06:47:35 am »
Tier 3?

Wouldn't have guessed it out and about today. Even saw people go into a supermarket without masks - no questions - nothing.

It's like we've not learnt anything.

I live in town and had stupidly out off my food shopping so much I had to go to the Tesco on Hanover St today. I knew it'd be busy, first Saturday after lockdown and Christmas coming up and all, but I was shocked at it. Church Street was rammed, almost shoulder to shoulder, with those dickheads on the rented scooters really not helping the cause. When I got into Tesco it was full of people with no masks or masks used as a chin nappy, a few with noses out and the odd ones with masks. Got in and out as quick as I could so I could get home and out if it.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #42736 on: December 6, 2020, 07:38:11 am »
I live in town and had stupidly out off my food shopping so much I had to go to the Tesco on Hanover St today. I knew it'd be busy, first Saturday after lockdown and Christmas coming up and all, but I was shocked at it. Church Street was rammed, almost shoulder to shoulder, with those dickheads on the rented scooters really not helping the cause. When I got into Tesco it was full of people with no masks or masks used as a chin nappy, a few with noses out and the odd ones with masks. Got in and out as quick as I could so I could get home and out if it.

I suffer from anxiety so to see some without masks on made me feel that extra on edge. Of course I get it that some have valid reasons, some would say I have a valid reason not to, but I digress. This is a team effort, yet some still have not grasped that.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #42737 on: December 6, 2020, 09:55:20 am »
You're right although it seems a lot of people signed up but only a portion of those really end up becoming a participant (either deciding against or for some reason being disqualified.)

I think some people think it's pretty much Pfizer / Oxford or bust but really the more we have the better. Give me all the vaccines I want to levitate ;D

Got selected for the J&J one myself. Didn't take it any further, as if I remember correctly, by participating it prohibits you from getting an approved vaccine for 2 years and 3 months from the start of the trial or if the trial ends/it turns out you were given the placebo after it's been unblinded.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42738 on: December 6, 2020, 10:18:11 am »

Sorry you are quite right, poor wording on my part, I meant more that we can at least see the way out of this albeit it is still a while away.

Got selected for the J&J one myself. Didn't take it any further, as if I remember correctly, by participating it prohibits you from getting an approved vaccine for 2 years and 3 months from the start of the trial or if the trial ends/it turns out you were given the placebo after it's been unblinded.

That was going to be the very first question I was going to ask if I am selected!

I think unlike AZ in the UK, it is just a saline placebo jab, so some people will probably have a fair idea if they got the vaccine or placebo
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 10:21:38 am by filopastry »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #42739 on: December 6, 2020, 11:42:08 am »
Made the decision this week not to go round to my family for Christmas day.

Wasn't a really tough decision in the end. The 3 household bubble will be my parents, my gran (who hasn't been able to leave her house for months) and my sister (with her new born). There just isn't the room under the rules for me or my brothers households.

This will be my 1st year in 35 years where I've not been with family for Christmas. I'm not massively sad over it. My mum and gran gets to see their grand (and great grand) son. We'll do a zoom call and pass presents around the week before to open on the day.

It is what it is I guess....

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #42740 on: December 6, 2020, 03:11:29 pm »
Nottingham, in tier 3, has had to close the Christmas market it opened after 1 day due to "unprecedented footfall". This is why we can't just leave the British people to use their common sense because they don't have any, who on earth thought this was a good idea this year?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-55206779

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42741 on: December 6, 2020, 03:13:51 pm »
Nottingham, in tier 3, has had to close the Christmas market it opened after 1 day due to "unprecedented footfall". This is why we can't just leave the British people to use their common sense because they don't have any, who on earth thought this was a good idea this year?!

The organisers are the biggest dickheads here - in what world was that a good idea to open within having a way to limit numbers?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42742 on: December 6, 2020, 03:20:09 pm »
The organisers are the biggest dickheads here - in what world was that a good idea to open within having a way to limit numbers?

Not being able to control the numbers was why Manchester's was cancelled this year. Some councillors were dead keen on it going ahead because of local economy etc. but same argument that it pulls people into the city centre in large numbers was the argument for not going ahead because even finding a way to limit access to parts of the market would just displace people into indoor shopping areas and/or lead to huge queues.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 03:22:50 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42743 on: December 6, 2020, 03:52:52 pm »

Not read into J&J if there's some other terms specific to the trial, but with Novavax you can choose to be unblinded at any time in case you're offered a vaccine elsewhere and it makes sense for you to take it. I'd be surprise J&J would have such a restriction as it sounds like that would put quite a significant number of people off the vaccine.
YNWA.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #42744 on: December 6, 2020, 04:11:32 pm »
Not read into J&J if there's some other terms specific to the trial, but with Novavax you can choose to be unblinded at any time in case you're offered a vaccine elsewhere and it makes sense for you to take it. I'd be surprise J&J would have such a restriction as it sounds like that would put quite a significant number of people off the vaccine.

Just re-read the docs (there was a ton of info). You're pretty much right. Starts off at the start by saying you can't take another vaccine but buried in the small print it later states, to paraphrase, that you can opt out at any time and if an official one becomes available you shouldn't be disadvantaged but would have to discuss your options with the NHS. Sorry to mislead anyone, certainly wasn't my intention.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42745 on: December 6, 2020, 04:19:12 pm »

Absolutely mental that they decided to have one.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42746 on: December 6, 2020, 04:22:47 pm »
Over 17,000 cases today...

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42747 on: December 6, 2020, 04:55:01 pm »
Over 17,000 cases today...
need to see the by sample date to see the true trend. Not hugely optimistic though.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42748 on: December 6, 2020, 04:58:17 pm »
I did wonder if it's down to the mass testing of students before they went home, but Bristol have plenty of students yet it's rocketing down here.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #42749 on: December 6, 2020, 05:07:04 pm »
Not being able to control the numbers was why Manchester's was cancelled this year. Some councillors were dead keen on it going ahead because of local economy etc. but same argument that it pulls people into the city centre in large numbers was the argument for not going ahead because even finding a way to limit access to parts of the market would just displace people into indoor shopping areas and/or lead to huge queues.

Having suffered Manchester's a few times over the years, the idea that they could enforce anything remotely resembling social distancing is hilarious.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42750 on: December 6, 2020, 05:11:31 pm »
Having suffered Manchester's a few times over the years, the idea that they could enforce anything remotely resembling social distancing is hilarious.

The Trafford Centre was bad enough the couple of weeks before lockdown.

I had to go the B&Q last night after work, is near the TC and even at 6pm the car park signs were saying full. Pisses me off as our infection rate is under 120 now, but it will have been full of manky fucks from Oldham and Rochdale, their rates are over 270, bringing the virus with them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42751 on: December 6, 2020, 05:14:34 pm »

I had to go the B&Q last night after work, is near the TC and even at 6pm the car park signs were saying full. Pisses me off as our infection rate is under 120 now, but it will have been full of manky fucks from Oldham and Rochdale, their rates are over 270, bringing the virus with them.

Liverpool has been the same since we came out of lockdown into T2 - the traffic into the centre has been crazy even 7pm+ when it's normally much quieter.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42752 on: December 6, 2020, 05:30:48 pm »
Belated UK data

Cases 17,272 (prior week 12,155)
Deaths 231 (prior week 215)

Cases by sample date

Interesting how different regions are faring though even though all of England was under the same restrictions for this recent time period.

« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 05:40:30 pm by filopastry »

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42753 on: December 6, 2020, 05:49:32 pm »
Belated UK data

Cases 17,272 (prior week 12,155)
Deaths 231 (prior week 215)

Cases by sample date

Interesting how different regions are faring though even though all of England was under the same restrictions for this recent time period.

Where do you get the graphs from mate?

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42754 on: December 6, 2020, 05:55:45 pm »
This guy's twitter feed https://twitter.com/RP131

He has a lot of COVID stuff up there.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42755 on: December 6, 2020, 05:58:12 pm »
This guy's twitter feed https://twitter.com/RP131

He has a lot of COVID stuff up there.

Cheers.   I’m in the West Midlands for my sins now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42756 on: December 6, 2020, 06:27:39 pm »

They had to close markets in London and somewhere else as huge crowds were gathering. Just totally stupid to be honest, before long it will be straight back up again and we will be back in lockdown.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42757 on: December 6, 2020, 07:40:28 pm »
Those graphs are a little misleading due to differing scales on the y axis.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42758 on: December 6, 2020, 07:59:27 pm »
The Swedish herd immunity ghouls have been quiet of late, can’t think why.

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/1335581419977003008?s=21

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42759 on: December 6, 2020, 08:08:49 pm »
Those graphs are a little misleading due to differing scales on the y axis.
Sorry I was only posting them for trending