Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211338 times)

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2520 on: June 3, 2019, 10:33:45 am »
Anyone know of anyone who actually managed to get a legit ticket whilst over there?

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2521 on: June 3, 2019, 10:37:15 am »
Only issue we saw with the police were the twats outside the stadium in the massive queue to get to the ticket inspection area, forcibly shoving people back if they dared put a foot too far forward. It was fucking boiling and no one knew what was going on and there was no need for it as all the fans were good natured despite being made to wait for seemingly no reason in searing heat without being told what was happening.

Elsewhere around the town I thought they were fine and far less obvious than I expected.

Agree policing at ticket first check wasn’t helpful nor was signage.  Part of issue though is the number of our fans who try fake tickets so we pay for that in how we are checked.

Only issue I had was stewards/police wouldn’t allow to people to move and join friends in other areas.  Even when loads had left.  Otherwise all fine

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2522 on: June 3, 2019, 10:43:39 am »
Shortly after we got through our turnstile, about 20-30 young lads managed to charge and bunk their way in. Don't know how they'd got that far in the first place but what was most disappointing were a number of older heads openly shaking their hands and congratulating them after they'd got through.

I flew on a Spurs flight with a couple of other Reds and can attest to them being absolutely sound. Fingers crossed a sign of things to come for future matches at Anfield/WHL.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #2523 on: June 3, 2019, 10:53:11 am »
For what it's worth . . .

Vueling flights from Liverpool to Madrid and back were spot on. Recommended.

Madrid airport is massive and Madrid metro is very good. Generally you got the impression that they were happy for the final to be there but it wasn't a very big deal for them so they just did a bit extra but mostly let the regular systems do the rest.

Police around the ground were fine. They had obviously been told not to be friendly so didn't interact at all and just stood and watched, which was all you can expect really.

Ground was good and generally everything worked well. The atmosphere was very good until about 5 minutes after the first goal and then it was tense and nervous for an hour and a half until the second went in. After that relief kicked in and singing was easier again!

Spurs lot were okay. To be fair, despite conceding a quick goal, they did a decent job at their end. Afterwards they seemed quite relieved to have given it a good go and lost to a team who deserved to get something out of the season. Oh, and also their Arsenal mates had to go all the way to Baku and got a much worse result, so this week and all summer will be okay for them at work!

After getting back from town last night, watched the full BT coverage and thought it was okay apart from Hoddle. I know he's not been well but someone should explain to him that VAR has been in for a while now and it's how his Spurs got past City in the last minute and it's why everyone else apart from him knew it was a penalty straight away.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2524 on: June 3, 2019, 01:12:56 pm »
Shortly after we got through our turnstile, about 20-30 young lads managed to charge and bunk their way in. Don't know how they'd got that far in the first place but what was most disappointing were a number of older heads openly shaking their hands and congratulating them after they'd got through.

I flew on a Spurs flight with a couple of other Reds and can attest to them being absolutely sound. Fingers crossed a sign of things to come for future matches at Anfield/WHL.

Yeah I saw that, pricks like that ruining it for everyone, they had security and scanners on the gates so no idea how they planned to get in apart from rush through, though the amount of police knocking around I'm sure they'd gladly waded into them all with batons.

Spurs fans were sound on the whole and it seemed all very good natured from my experiences.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2525 on: June 3, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
Just sat in Dublin airport waiting for our flight back to Liverpool. Did a 4 day trip and had a great time, my 13 year old lads 4th final and after seeing him have tears of despair at losing the others it was brilliant to see him in tears of joy at the whistle.

Couldn’t even believe my eyes when my missus ran into the pitch during the game, will be having words when we get home 😂😂

UP THE 6 TIMES CHAMPIONS ELITE 🏆
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2526 on: June 3, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »
Anyone know of anyone who actually managed to get a legit ticket whilst over there?

No, I didn’t. I encountered a Spanish tout who wanted €1500 on the Friday. Also met a French Marseille Fan trying to buy for 300 and sell for 3000. He couldn’t see anything wrong in what he was doing and I couldn’t think of any appropriate French swear words quickly enough.

Offline L40PDG

• Boys Pen
  • 1st appearance Liverpool 5 Stoke 1 5/3/83
« Reply #2527 on: June 3, 2019, 02:12:32 pm »
I've enjoyed reading about everyones travel plans and the lengths some of us go to to get to games and the trials and tribulations that go with the travelling. 

Our trip via Porto went to plan. The only issue we had to contend with was there was four of us in a room for two and only one double bed. We decided to allow the LFC ticket offfice and the Electoral Reform Services organise a ballot for the bed. The results were sent out by text last Thursday and unfortunately none of us got the bed.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 02:14:34 pm by L40PDG »
Dortmund-Instanbul-Athens-Basel-Madrid
The greatest days of my aways

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #2528 on: June 3, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »
Drove up early on the day of the game - was gonna avoid trying to park anywhere near the ground after reading there'd be no parking and to use the Metro, but
so glad we avoided that advice as apart from a couple of streets reserved for buses there was plenty of spaces knocking about. Had a quick walk round the area
and found a few little bars but there wasn't really much around apart from apartment blocks.

Got the metro into town and a couple of us went to pick up our tickets from designated hotel in town. Felt a bit uneasy doing this to be honest as there were a few people hanging around outside watching people going in and out for theirs, and the fact you went through a side door and not the hotel entrance made it obvious what you were there for. Got tickets no problem, and wandered into the main hotel bit to find a quiet corner to phone the other lads and tell them we were sorted. Where we ended up, there were a few fans talking to Liverpool FC ticket staff as they'd been followed and had their tickets robbed off them. Didn't catch all the conversation but from what I did hear the club where in no position to help, as they couldn't stop the original tickets being used and couldn't get these people any replacements, as UEFA had handled all ticketing arrangements. Like I said earlier on, the fact you went through a side door, and not the hotel itself made you an easy target for anyone who really wanted your ticket, and that's why we hung around in the hotel for a while and left through the main entrance to make it look as though we were just staying there.

Met the rest in town afterwards and enjoyed a few bars. All the spanish were great and a few told us how they wanted us to win, as we'd knocked out Barcelona and
were very grateful for that. Waited for my uncles plane to land as he was on the TC flight, and told him not to come into town as it was gone 3pm by then, and that
we'd meet him in one of the bars we'd found near the stadium itself. Spent the late afternoon in there and it wasn't busy at all, as most were still in town. Again Bar staff really friendly and owner again made reference to us beating Barcelona and how they were all wanting to us to win, but no free Ale as a reward for doing so :o(

Got to the stadium early, as I was in Athens and felt there could be more of the same getting in here, but getting there early meant it was fine. Got through the 1st ticket check point and then you were inside waiting for the actual gates to open. No issues with police or anything, there in numbers at this point but just watching over everyone.  Saw a few being denied access into the actual stadium as they obviously had fake tickets, but don't think the tickets were actually taken off them, to stop them trying another gate or even selling them on.

After the game car was still in one peace, and finally managed to find our way to Motorway as all the roads we'd used to get in were closed except to the buses taking fans back to the Airport.

Really enjoyable day/evening and the spanish were great with us, and so were the spurs fans we met on the day, next time though think I'll get my tickets posted to us
rather than having to go and pick them up. 
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 03:09:33 pm by Booze And Glory »

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2529 on: June 3, 2019, 03:37:20 pm »
All the people I spoke to with blag tickets had them confiscated and one was held in a pen for an hour and also hit with a baton, albeit not hard. Also heard a tale this morning on my coach back to Paris of Liverpool fans trying to storm the gates, Athens style.

Will a significant minority of our fans ever learn?

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #2530 on: June 3, 2019, 04:06:08 pm »
Our trip via Porto went to plan. The only issue we had to contend with was there was four of us in a room for two and only one double bed. We decided to allow the LFC ticket offfice and the Electoral Reform Services organise a ballot for the bed. The results were sent out by text last Thursday and unfortunately none of us got the bed.

:)   :)   :)

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: June 3, 2019, 04:11:10 pm »
All the people I spoke to with blag tickets had them confiscated and one was held in a pen for an hour and also hit with a baton, albeit not hard. Also heard a tale this morning on my coach back to Paris of Liverpool fans trying to storm the gates, Athens style.

Will a significant minority of our fans ever learn?

See my earlier post just above. There were at least 20-30 (if not more) who stormed through our gate on the upper tier (45) about an hour and a half prior to kick off. Completely unacceptable.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #2532 on: June 3, 2019, 04:13:24 pm »
From start to finish an absolutely unforgettable trip. The moment Origi's shot hit the back of the net will stay with me forever, I've never felt anything like it. On the final whistle I just hugged our Lee and burst into tears.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: June 3, 2019, 04:23:01 pm »
Watched it in an Irish bar, close to the Bernabeu supporters split down the midldle, great songs and respect shown by both. The weekend was one of the best footballing experiences I’ve had. No trouble and Madrid was a lot cheaper than expected!

Feel blessed to support this club.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: June 3, 2019, 04:58:13 pm »
Thing is people don’t expect to get a baton across the head for being pissed, launching beer or setting off pyros wether it’s their first or 20th trip abroad.

They should get a clout for launching beer to be fair. Maybe not with a baton, but definitely a slap at least.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2535 on: June 3, 2019, 05:02:10 pm »
See my earlier post just above. There were at least 20-30 (if not more) who stormed through our gate on the upper tier (45) about an hour and a half prior to kick off. Completely unacceptable.

We were in a pub about ten minutes from the fanzone and a bloke who we’d been near had to go find his mate as apparently he wasn’t allowed in with a genuine ticket because too many had blagged or bunked in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: June 3, 2019, 05:13:54 pm »

Yeah. My cousin's mate randomly got a flight over (was in Tenerife). Turned up with us outside the ground (one of our three was without ticket, so we were trying for him). Obviously the guy that has been two matches all season somehow gets a hospitality ticket for £800  :o

Was a Heineken hospitality winner. Was from Zimbabwe with no real interest in either team and said he would prefer having some cash for the family.

Cousin that needed a ticket didn't get one. Probably one of only a handful that did get a ticket outside.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: June 3, 2019, 05:25:06 pm »
Great trip.

I thought policing was generally OK. Better than Barcelona away where they seemed to want any excuse to push people around. That said, I saw a lad at the turnstile have his ticket taken off him by a police officer. He pulled out his phone trying to show his order confirmation and obviously the officer didn't speak any English. Pushed him around and then another police officer did too. He was adamant it was real so I'm not sure if it's a blag - if it was a blag, he should probably consider a career in acting!  ;D. Apparently similar happened to someone else. I'm assuming the blags didn't have the right invisible ink on the back but who knows.

Annoyed they took my battery pack. Thank you to the lovely Ukrainian UEFA volunteer for letting me stand with her for like an hour whilst I charged my iPhone.

Saw a few hanging around Plaza Mayor yanking at UEFA lanyards. A couple lads got press passes. No idea if they got in.

A few cases of people robbing bags/handbags for tickets but sounds like it was only a few. Not as bad as some feared I think.

Got to meet Kesey on Thursday night too after he had slept in a bush the night before :scarf
YNWA.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: June 3, 2019, 05:39:41 pm »
They should get a clout for launching beer to be fair. Maybe not with a baton, but definitely a slap at least.

Two slaps, one for wasting beer and another for acting the twat.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: June 3, 2019, 05:58:24 pm »
Fucking brilliant trip - just walked in at home, completely broken physically and emotionally.

Bumping into Stevie and Linda on the walk up to the ground when we ditched our taxi was a bonus.

We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: June 3, 2019, 06:11:36 pm »
Fucking brilliant trip - just walked in at home, completely broken physically and emotionally.

Bumping into Stevie and Linda
on the walk up to the ground when we ditched our taxi was a bonus.

Does John know about this?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: June 3, 2019, 07:17:00 pm »

Bumping into Stevie and Linda on the walk up to the ground when we ditched our taxi was a bonus.

Already met Stevie. Would probably melt if I met Linda. What a queen.
YNWA.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: June 3, 2019, 09:49:16 pm »
From start to finish an absolutely unforgettable trip. The moment Origi's shot hit the back of the net will stay with me forever, I've never felt anything like it. On the final whistle I just hugged our Lee and burst into tears.

My 5th final of the 9 we have made and I have to admit the Origi goal is right up there from the 5..I was in 130 behind the goal and had a great view of it...and wasn't it good to watch a final in a traditional football ground..albeit a new one

I didn't see a sniff of bother...the signage around the ground was shite..do we just guess where to walk?

Been in San Sebastian today..an hour on the bus from Bilbao...stunning City...worth a visit if you have the chance
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2543 on: June 3, 2019, 10:11:56 pm »
Love that city (San Sebastian). Get down the old town for some tapas and cold glass of Txakolí

Just got back here . Nowhere to kip as me funds are getting low so head for the San Sebastian - Hayunde - Biarritza then Bordeuax route. Found a boss cafe .

What a mad week lads. It's all still sinking in about us winning our Cup again. I seen a photie yesterday with Henderson with our Cup and started crying.

In Toledo yesterday my Uncle Peter got the accordion of a local busker and played Poor Scouser Tommy and The Fields of Anfield Road. It's our Family's instrument from Kilkenny and was a special moment .

It's all so Beautiful !!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2544 on: June 3, 2019, 10:13:37 pm »
Already met Stevie. Would probably melt if I met Linda. What a queen.

And THANKYOU .

This fella put me up for one night on Thursday .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2545 on: June 3, 2019, 10:15:45 pm »
Travelled with Sports Options from Liverpool and it was so well organised.  They had buses back to the airport after the match which was a godsend.
Fantastic day in Madrid. The atmosphere across the whole city was great.  Couple of random moments.  A group of Spurs and Liverpool fans sitting together outside a bar all singing YNWA.
Standing next to a Spanish guy waiting to cross the road.  He tapped me on the shoulder and said "Falklands - Argentina" then "Gibraltar - Spain"  So I looked at him and said "Barcelona - Catalunya"  His face was priceless.
Fan Park was epic.  Left at 5.15pm to head to the stadium early. Got on the metro one stop before the recommended one at Goya.  It was empty apart from a few Spanish locals.  Next stop at Goya and the platform was jammed and the train was like a can of sardines.  Singing and banging on the roof for the next 20 minutes all the way to Los Rosas.  Got through the first security with a full bag and body search.  They let me through with 1.5 litre bottle of water  (could have been vodka!).  Chatted outside until 6.30pm - then headed into the stadium.  Again a full bag and body search.  The only thing they confiscated was a small deodrant aerosol - but they let me have one last spray (could probably smell that I needed it).  Liverpool end filled up a lot quicker than Spurs with all the flags and banners.  Spurs had their club issue little flags.  Mad scenes after the penalty but then quieter as the match went on as it was a poor game and the nerves started to kick in.  But as soon as Origi scored the second, it was like a massive release for everyone and it was just mad till we left the stadium.  Grown men crying.  I think I hugged everyone in my row, front and behind.  Back in Liverpool at 5am and slept in the back of the car for a few hours.  Met my son and brother in law in Liverpool centre and stayed for the parade.  Still exhausted now, skint but worth every penny.  See you all in Istanbul for number 7!!
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 10:17:22 pm by Istanbul Boy »

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #2546 on: June 3, 2019, 10:42:58 pm »
What a scene that airport was at 4am. Everyone kipping everywhere haha

Great trip
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2547 on: June 3, 2019, 11:11:39 pm »
Got back at 4:40am this morning. Had about 10 hours sleep in 3 days, we had a hostel for 4 but managed to blag the 5th one in our party in. Road trip from Lisbon was only half the distance from Warsaw to Kiev but we had some great stops en route.

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2548 on: June 3, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »

Fan Park was epic.  Left at 5.15pm to head to the stadium early. Got on the metro one stop before the recommended one at Goya.  It was empty apart from a few Spanish locals.  Next stop at Goya and the platform was jammed and the train was like a can of sardines.  Singing and banging on the roof for the next 20 minutes all the way to Los Rosas.

Think we were on that train.
Brilliant!!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: June 4, 2019, 09:15:59 am »
Only issue we saw with the police were the twats outside the stadium in the massive queue to get to the ticket inspection area, forcibly shoving people back if they dared put a foot too far forward. It was fucking boiling and no one knew what was going on and there was no need for it as all the fans were good natured despite being made to wait for seemingly no reason in searing heat without being told what was happening.

Elsewhere around the town I thought they were fine and far less obvious than I expected.

Was the sides easier to get in rather that central one that was rammed? It was uncomfortable as I had one of those money bags and they ordered it off, maybe it was my fault for kind of hiding it under my shirt.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: June 4, 2019, 09:17:53 am »
Just sat in Dublin airport waiting for our flight back to Liverpool. Did a 4 day trip and had a great time, my 13 year old lads 4th final and after seeing him have tears of despair at losing the others it was brilliant to see him in tears of joy at the whistle.

Couldn’t even believe my eyes when my missus ran into the pitch during the game, will be having words when we get home 😂😂

UP THE 6 TIMES CHAMPIONS ELITE 🏆
Is right John. Had to do a day trip coz my lad had an A Level yesterday ( he blagged his ma he answered any question he didn't know "6 times"). Tears of joy from him. From the moment he was born I wanted to experience that with him. By the way, I am carrying on with your missus  ;)
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: June 4, 2019, 09:25:51 am »
I was in the middle tier but am empty seat next to me, which was strange. Did everyone get in on time or where late for kick off?. I felt a bit sorry for the staff on the bar. Think there was only 3 serving behind it.

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #2552 on: June 4, 2019, 09:35:07 am »
Watched it in an Irish bar, close to the Bernabeu supporters split down the midldle, great songs and respect shown by both. The weekend was one of the best footballing experiences I’ve had. No trouble and Madrid was a lot cheaper than expected!

Feel blessed to support this club.

Yeah, think I watched in the same place (Paddy's bar??) was a great atmosphere. Fucking roasting downstairs but didn't matter haha.

I got ferry Wednesday night and drove down; stopped in Bordeaux and then stayed a night in Bilbao.  Pretty long journey but well worth it.  I had a Spurs supporter with me so we mingled with both sets of fans all weekend and never saw any trouble at all.  They were even decent after the match; shaking hands, congratulating and all that.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #2553 on: June 4, 2019, 10:45:25 am »
Didn't get around to getting a Final cap over there, don't suppose anyone has one they'd sell?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #2554 on: June 4, 2019, 10:49:33 am »
I was in the middle tier but am empty seat next to me, which was strange. Did everyone get in on time or where late for kick off?. I felt a bit sorry for the staff on the bar. Think there was only 3 serving behind it.
I was in raw 9 behind the goal and around me there was two people to every seat as they wanted to be with their mate ... plenty of space all stood up so it was fine.
That would explain empty seats here and there. I jumped over before the game and went all around the side to put my flag then jumped over back to my block later ... no fuss

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #2555 on: June 4, 2019, 10:55:57 am »

The fact they kept running out of water and Hot Dogs didn’t help the situation either

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: June 4, 2019, 12:16:39 pm »
Didn't get around to getting a Final cap over there, don't suppose anyone has one they'd sell?

The Red one is on eBay bidding for £90+. I reckon the navy/black ones will be easy to come by on eBay soon.
YNWA.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2557 on: June 4, 2019, 12:28:21 pm »
2,500 mile road trip, 5 of us in a VW Golf (let down by rental company on bigger car.)

Left Thurs around 3am, back in Dover yesterday morning around 8am ish after driving basically for all of Sunday.

Amazing weekend, weather, atmosphere, result, experience and memories.

No. 6 and seeing the smiles on the faces of all our players and staff was so satisfying then partying into the night.

Hope everyone got home safe.

Bring on Istanbul!!    :wave :scarf :scarf
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #2558 on: June 4, 2019, 01:39:40 pm »
Similar to above, we drove too. 2.5k miles.

Flat tyre moments before we boarded on Eurotunnel. So trip was nearly over before it began.

Slight prang in the hire car when entering Bordeaux.

One of our lads lost (or had pickpocketed) his passport plus his 300 Euros on Saturday evening. Managed to get him home though.

No sleep, no food. Great weather. Great banter. Great result. Great weekend!  ;D

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: June 4, 2019, 01:51:20 pm »
Brilliant trip as usual,loads of our lot went to the fan park & have seen the vids it looked stunning..
But 5 of us aul arses decided to head off to the ground about 4  to see if any bars round there,great suprise it was like a modern day Vincente Calderon loads of little bars all the way down from the metro to the ground
Hope we play them next season will be a great atmosphere.....