Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1009958 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread
« Reply #12560 on: February 15, 2021, 11:22:59 pm »
As for myself, as people have said - it's the not going out, it's the not seeing friends, it's having nothing to do and nowhere to go.

No holidays, no pictures, no restaurants, no ale houses, no real fun apart from what you try so hard to make for yourself.

Recognising that I'm so pissed off and bored with it that the slipperly slope beckons for us all.

On that theme, I'm taking the whole of this 40 days to try and get a little fitter and a little less fatter.. I find it pretty easy to give stuff up if I've decided and like everyone, put loads of weight on through just not moving around and doing stuff that you'd normally be doing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12561 on: February 19, 2021, 11:28:25 pm »
I'm getting really worried by my sister's excess drinking but I've no idea how or if I can help her as like most addicts she doesn't believe or think she has a problem.

She's been drinking pretty much every day/night for the best part of 40yrs now.  It's mainly wine, at least a bottle every day but also gin if she can afford it.

She's been on her own for nearly 25yrs and never really had any responsibility for bills, rent or mortgage or a job as she's always been self employed and lived in a caravan at my parents since her divorce all those years ago.

Thing is we've now sold the property so although she's got a decent sum of money in the bank she's pretty much homeless, splitting her time between our brothers in Wales and my niece's near Southport.

She refuses to make plans or discuss her options and keeps putting off doing anything with ridiculous excuses.

She's pretty much unconscious and in bed by 8 or 9pm but then wide awake from 2/3ish playing candy crush or solitaire on her laptop once the alcohol has worn off, till eventually she drops off to sleep until mid morning.

How do we help her to see the damage she's doing, not just to her life but her kids and grandkids who spend their lives worrying about her?

How do you help someone who doesn't want help or think that they need help?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12562 on: February 20, 2021, 06:51:05 am »
Debs it sounds like she's stuck in a numbing routine as the result of emotional trauma, possibly caused by the divorce, can't be sure. She seems though to have created her own world of dependency, centred around the caravan and wine. Right now she might be in fear - it's very hard to reach people who are afraid.......

As much as the drinking could be a worry (I'm not sure of the effect of a bottle of wine a day is having, but it can't be doing any good!!!!!), I'm more concerned right now about her potential state of mind - which in itself could fuel further numbing activity - alcohol dependency and obsessive gaming/phone use/not interacting with others much beyond a superficial level are all tactics to avoid facing a reality and her reality just changed so her subconscious mind is telling her to protect herself by not discussing options.

Other will have their own suggestions here - mine is to see if you can at least persuade her to run a basic health check, at least on the basis of her environment having changed. Running some basic bloods/urine with her GP should give indications of things like liver condition or could reveal signs of any long-term damage done, say to kidneys or liver. This  might be a wake up call.

Apart from that, sorry to say there's not a great deal you can do for someone who does not want to be helped. There are techniques for so-called "interventions" and I'm sure there are some people here with experience of that. If I knew how an intervention worked, I'd say - but I dont......it's one option open though.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12563 on: February 20, 2021, 09:37:46 am »

Debs it sounds like she's stuck in a numbing routine as the result of emotional trauma.

Thanks for your comments Jim, they've been helpful and enlightening.

I've heard about how things like the sudden loss of a loved one, divorce or any personal upheaval can cause strange behaviour like triggering a hoarding addiction.  I saw that with my mum throughout my life and put it down to the loss of both her parents within 2wks of each other when we were little.

She left her husband as he was controlling and abusive, both physically and verbally, usually triggered after he'd been drinking yet they've remained very close to the point of having family holidays together and her helping him decorate, tile and landscape the garden of his new house. 

She's always found talking about stuff hard, she drives me nuts just trying to have a normal conversation with her as she's never still or sits down.  I've always thought the constant need to be busy is due to her not wanting time to realise where her life is.  Like sticking fingers in her ears so she doesn't have to hear anything she doesn't want to.

As for the doctor's, my niece told me she hasn't even changed her address for anything since the house was sold.  Car insurance, drivers licence or doctors are still registered at my parents address so she's not even going to get her letter for her vaccination though in theory she doesn't have a permanent address now anyway.

I'll do some research on the interventions, see if there's something we could possibly use.

Thanks again for the insights, it's been helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #12564 on: February 23, 2021, 09:13:02 am »
Hi Debs. Sorry to hear that your sister is struggling. Jim pretty much covered everything I was going to say. In my experience as a member of AA, people who suffer from this disease are generally those who endured some form of trauma in their past. Instead of dealing with it, most alcoholics suppress it, which in turn causes the type of behaviour your sister is displaying. Their whole life becomes an exercise in burying their head in the sand and not wanting to face up to reality

I would suggest that you attempt a family intervention. However, when making your approach, don't open with "we want to talk about your drinking". Open with "we'd like to talk to you about [insert traumatic event that caused her drinking]". Start there. See if you can initiate discussion on the trauma and assure her that your only intention is to help her address it. If you can do that much then you'll have made a good start. From there she may do something about the drinking herself.

Keep us posted. Good luck!
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12565 on: March 2, 2021, 07:19:03 pm »
Hi Billy only just seen your reply so thanks for the insight and suggestion but how do we know or identify what the trauma was that triggered it?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #12566 on: March 2, 2021, 08:29:53 pm »
Hi Billy only just seen your reply so thanks for the insight and suggestion but how do we know or identify what the trauma was that triggered it?

It might not necessarily be 1 specific event. It could be a series of things that happened over a period of time.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know if she harbours any feelings of bitterness or resentment against someone or something?

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12567 on: March 2, 2021, 08:46:24 pm »
It might not necessarily be 1 specific event. It could be a series of things that happened over a period of time.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know if she harbours any feelings of bitterness or resentment against someone or something?

It's hard to say Billy to be honest she's not easy to read, doesn't say much about stuff and is as stubborn as a mule.

I only found out about the physical violence from her kids when they heard their dad threaten to kill her during one of their drunken fights/arguments.  They were probably 12 and 10 at the time.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12568 on: April 25, 2021, 05:17:35 am »
I've cut my drinking to almost zero now, since last Summer apart from a drink over Christmas and the New year then stopped again right after that.

I did my Christmas drinking strange I got 2lt of Vodka for the 2 week period 1 for the Christmas period and one for the new year.

But how I did it was, I had 4 old 750ml bottles, so I poured 250ml into each one then topped it up with water so I had 8 bottle in the end it felt like I was still drinking all evening with one bottle and it was still enough to make me feel tipsy and after the  new year I haven't touched anything

I think I will do that every Christmas so I dont miss out in the Christmas drink
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12569 on: April 25, 2021, 07:51:18 am »
Good to hear mate.

Could you cut it to zero if you wanted to?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12570 on: April 25, 2021, 08:50:30 am »
Good to hear mate.

Could you cut it to zero if you wanted to?

Yes but I just wanted a drink at Christmas after the lockdown year and it, just going into another at the time.

Miles better than I used to be after Tracy passed away I can still hardly remember anything of the first 2 years apart from I went camping to Cheddar for a week then I was drinking a bottle a night but I had a strange rule that I would never drink in the day and not start drinking to at least 8pm.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12571 on: April 25, 2021, 09:16:31 am »
Yes but I just wanted a drink at Christmas after the lockdown year and it, just going into another at the time.

Miles better than I used to be after Tracy passed away I can still hardly remember anything of the first 2 years apart from I went camping to Cheddar for a week then I was drinking a bottle a night but I had a strange rule that I would never drink in the day and not start drinking to at least 8pm.
Genuinely brilliant news.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12572 on: April 25, 2021, 11:37:03 am »

I use to think having a set time of the day that I wouldn't drink before meant I didn't have a problem until, I realised setting a time meant I had one.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12573 on: April 25, 2021, 10:51:24 pm »
I use to think having a set time of the day that I wouldn't drink before meant I didn't have a problem until, I realised setting a time meant I had one.

Really for me that time didn't really mean anything because my body clock was all over the place I would sleep in the day and wake up early evening so 8pm was the new morning for me for a while it just sounded good. So I was up all night drinking and getting bans on here

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12574 on: April 25, 2021, 10:58:50 pm »
Good stuff Trada. Thanks for posting.

Tomorrow I enter the last 5 days of the 3 Month Challenge 2021 and I have to admit it's been harder and easier than 2018.....

This time though I've not been counting down to my next drink. I'm counting down the days until I can continue beyond 3 months. One day at a time.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12575 on: April 26, 2021, 10:13:15 am »
Good stuff Trada. Thanks for posting.

Tomorrow I enter the last 5 days of the 3 Month Challenge 2021 and I have to admit it's been harder and easier than 2018.....

This time though I've not been counting down to my next drink. I'm counting down the days until I can continue beyond 3 months. One day at a time.

That's a great effort. Have you noticed much of a difference on health/mental clarity, money saved?

I had my first drink at the weekend for a long while. Had atrocious nightmares last night, always seem to get them the 2nd night after drinking.

Overall I would say I've drank less in the last year than any year since i was 16/17 which I'm really proud of. Having a rule of not buying drink for the house has made this possible. Will see what happens as the pubs start to open.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12576 on: April 26, 2021, 10:15:40 am »
But how I did it was, I had 4 old 750ml bottles, so I poured 250ml into each one then topped it up with water so I had 8 bottle in the end it felt like I was still drinking all evening with one bottle and it was still enough to make me feel tipsy and after the  new year I haven't touched anything

This is a trick I've been using for a few years and works a treat, works for vodka better than anything else. Also gives you much less of a hangover with the extra fluids.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12577 on: April 30, 2021, 12:03:26 pm »
Today, by the way, marks three months without a drop of alcohol. Whilst I'm happy about that, I was a bit shocked to discover that the 2018 version of the 90-day challenge, set to me by Billy the Kid, actually started on March 1st. So, in order to get 90 days this year, I need to go through tomorrow too........

I've decided not to go one more day.

I'm going one more month.

Next review = 31.05.2021.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12578 on: April 30, 2021, 02:10:03 pm »
Great work…

Give yourself a wee pat on the back!
W

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12579 on: April 30, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »
Today, by the way, marks three months without a drop of alcohol. Whilst I'm happy about that, I was a bit shocked to discover that the 2018 version of the 90-day challenge, set to me by Billy the Kid, actually started on March 1st. So, in order to get 90 days this year, I need to go through tomorrow too........

I've decided not to go one more day.

I'm going one more month.

Next review = 31.05.2021.

Very impressive

Its all just a series of one more day.

Also - kudos to Trada. Very positive changes

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12580 on: April 30, 2021, 10:14:56 pm »

Also - kudos to Trada. Very positive changes
Yep, well done Jim & Trada, impressive accomplishment guys.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12581 on: May 20, 2021, 11:09:04 pm »
Some of you may remember that I was a long then sober.   Over 9 years!   Last March my dad (my best friend really) passed away.     I decided to fuck it and have a drink,  not been able to stop.    Well today I’ve reached that line again and decided to quit!    Caused me too much heartache.   Here’s to a sober future

Online Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12582 on: May 21, 2021, 08:10:38 am »
Good luck

You’ve done it once you can do it again
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12583 on: May 21, 2021, 09:40:54 am »
Spen, sorry about the loss of your father, I don't remember you posting about it :(

Regarding the decision to knock the booze on the head again, kudos - just a quick word about words - when I decided to kick the smoking habit I'd fallen into in my 20s, I read Alan Carr's (no, not that dickhead) 'How To Stop Smoking' and he talks about using the word 'stop' instead of 'quit', as the latter implies defeat whereas the former suggests decisiveness and reclamation of power.

You are reclaiming your power. You are stopping.

All the best for this.

I'm still on course for 4 full months - the tests are getting easier to pass - will I remain zero for the rest of my life? At the moment I'd say not - but I have no intention of falling back into the pattern..........I'm remembering Billy's words - "After 90 days, you won't want another drink!" - I've almost beaten the craving into submission.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12584 on: May 21, 2021, 10:06:39 am »
Spen, sorry about the loss of your father, I don't remember you posting about it :(

Regarding the decision to knock the booze on the head again, kudos - just a quick word about words - when I decided to kick the smoking habit I'd fallen into in my 20s, I read Alan Carr's (no, not that dickhead) 'How To Stop Smoking' and he talks about using the word 'stop' instead of 'quit', as the latter implies defeat whereas the former suggests decisiveness and reclamation of power.

You are reclaiming your power. You are stopping.

All the best for this.

I'm still on course for 4 full months - the tests are getting easier to pass - will I remain zero for the rest of my life? At the moment I'd say not - but I have no intention of falling back into the pattern..........I'm remembering Billy's words - "After 90 days, you won't want another drink!" - I've almost beaten the craving into submission.

Thanks.    Not sure if it was In this thread or another I posted about my dad.

Good point with the words

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #12585 on: May 21, 2021, 10:12:34 am »
I'm remembering Billy's words - "After 90 days, you won't want another drink!"

Sorry but this just isn't true.

I went from 8-12 cans of 5% lagers (import strength San Miguel mostly) every weeknight and at least another 4 on the top on weekends to 0 in December (tapered down for a few days then just stopped) and most days I still think I'd love just one or two. That's with over 5 months of 0 consumption. There's alcohol in the house that I haven't even thought about drinking but god I'd love a nice cold beer.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12586 on: May 21, 2021, 11:44:10 am »
Sorry but this just isn't true.
Maybe not - but it's inspired me to do this, twice, so....... ;)

What else it has done is encourage me to think about WHY it is I'd like a drink. Most of the time, in these dry moments, I am clear-headed enough to realise that it's because I'm hurting about something and want to numb. When I was drinking too much, it was a lot easier to rationalise that it was okay to do so - now though, I can rationalise that that's fucking nonsense, so I am able to differentiate between "need" and "want".....

Sometimes I still want to - but I see that I don't need to :thumbup

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #12587 on: May 21, 2021, 12:34:16 pm »

What else it has done is encourage me to think about WHY it is I'd like a drink. Most of the time, in these dry moments, I am clear-headed enough to realise that it's because I'm hurting about something and want to numb. When I was drinking too much, it was a lot easier to rationalise that it was okay to do so - now though, I can rationalise that that's fucking nonsense, so I am able to differentiate between "need" and "want".....

Much better explanation and I agree with it in my own case too, even when I really want one by the time I've decided not to I've realised there would have been no point. Good luck in your journey 24/7  :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #12588 on: May 21, 2021, 12:37:32 pm »

Whatever works - and different people have different methods.

For many people, though, it's important not to believe that after a certain period they will get back to that previous time when the craving wasn't there. Because when the cravings are still there a month/3 months/a year/whatever later, it can trigger a 'this will never end' conclusion and a feeling of defeat.

For many, the most important step is accepting that stopping creates a 'new normal', where the craving remains, and you put in place measures to help combat and overcome them. That there is no going back to that time before the illness set in when the cravings didn't exist.

Edit - started posting before your follow-up post. I get you now  :thumbup

Good luck, all.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:39:19 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12589 on: May 21, 2021, 01:10:30 pm »
Big love to you all, you gorgeous knobheads  :wave

I'm actually in trigger state RIGHT NOW. I've come away for a short break, about half an hour out of Tallinn, in the middle of nowhere, to a place called Aegviidu.

In the old train station house when we were out here hiking last weekend, I spotted an Irish tricolour flying next to the Estonian flag outside the entrance. I'd not have looked twice if I'd not seen the familiar orange white and green. Turned out it's a decent bar and restaurant run by an Estonian woman and her fella who's from Kerry. So we went in. They then told us they do accommodation - so here we are, the following week, and it's gorgeous. So clean. Tidy. Done in the 19th century style. Fella is from Dingle - haha - no coincidences in life - and, of course, he's a red, with a big scarf over the bar.

Therein lieth the trigger.

Am battling the urge to go mad on the black stuff, which I adore far more than any lager or cider, and enjoy the craic with these lovely people.

I will resist though - just 10 more days to go and I can be proud of having stuck to a commitment.

We'll see what happens next.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12590 on: May 21, 2021, 03:31:48 pm »
Some of you may remember that I was a long then sober.   Over 9 years!   Last March my dad (my best friend really) passed away.     I decided to fuck it and have a drink,  not been able to stop.    Well today I’ve reached that line again and decided to quit!    Caused me too much heartache.   Here’s to a sober future

Hey Spen,

Read this last night and thought about it a bit. Nine years is fantastic and I can understand the thought process of seeing what will happen if you have another drink and see where it leads to. There is some statistic that people going back to booze after a really long time are right back to where they were within one month.

I see this as a really educational thread and if you had time I would love to hear what was in your mind when you started back, what you started back with, how often did you d=find your self drinking, what were the negative affects for you and what was the final straw.

I had quit (stopped) for three years before I went back to booze with a similar mind set to you. Fuck it, what do I have to lose. For me, I just can't drink spirits or port but seem ok with beers here and there. I still have the feeling of wanting to get smashed, but have control it now as I have a lot to lose.

I love this thread and remember you Spen from years ago when we were open about our situations and when Carl was online too.

Well done everyone.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12591 on: May 21, 2021, 03:34:50 pm »

I'm actually in trigger state RIGHT NOW. I've come away for a short break, about half an hour out of Tallinn, in the middle of nowhere, to a place called Aegviidu.

In the old train station house when we were out here hiking last weekend, I spotted an Irish tricolour flying next to the Estonian flag outside the entrance. I'd not have looked twice if I'd not seen the familiar orange white and green. Turned out it's a decent bar and restaurant run by an Estonian woman and her fella who's from Kerry. So we went in. They then told us they do accommodation - so here we are, the following week, and it's gorgeous. So clean. Tidy. Done in the 19th century style. Fella is from Dingle - haha - no coincidences in life - and, of course, he's a red, with a big scarf over the bar.

Am battling the urge to go mad on the black stuff, which I adore far more than any lager or cider, and enjoy the craic with these lovely people.

I will resist though - just 10 more days to go and I can be proud of having stuck to a commitment.

well done mate. its really cool when you can identify the trigger and know you are beating it. its like you feel a foot taller because you know deep down you wont give in and you can take whatever hardship there is to not drink

on the worst days at work where I made bad decisions or people were mad at me , those were the days i know I would drink myself to sleep fast from 5Pm to 9PM and be asleep as quickly as possible with a massive shitty hangover the next day. Now those are the days I still refuse to drink because it is too easy and it is nice to feel in control on the worst possible days.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #12592 on: May 22, 2021, 08:28:51 am »

Did you hang in there, Jim?

I'm effing proud of you mate! :wave

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12593 on: May 22, 2021, 09:26:18 am »
Stood there watching the Guinness trying to tempt me..... I resisted. Cheers Thomas and everyone else for the ongoing support.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #12594 on: May 23, 2021, 01:01:48 pm »
Stood there watching the Guinness trying to tempt me..... I resisted. Cheers Thomas and everyone else for the ongoing support.

:scarf

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12595 on: May 23, 2021, 01:02:32 pm »

:wellin
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12596 on: May 23, 2021, 02:47:30 pm »

Bossed it mate 👋👋👋

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12597 on: May 24, 2021, 06:13:32 pm »

well done. It's not easy but very worth it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12598 on: May 26, 2021, 11:44:22 am »
3 months, 26 days, 14 hours.

Then that news comes in.

All the tests, all the temptations...........this one is the strongest.

I'm getting slaughtered.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12599 on: May 26, 2021, 12:18:41 pm »
Until now, I wanted to stop. Now I don't want to stop. I want to start again.

HOW DO I STOP MYSELF FROM NOT WANTING TO STOP?!  :butt

This is new territory.