Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Porto  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Porto
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2021, 08:54:51 pm »
Pretty poor so far. One option is to bring Trent, Virgil, Fabinho, Henderson and Jota on at half time. See if we can get a better performance than that 1st half.

Only other option is to remove the likes of Matip, Thiago, Mane and Salah during the 2nd half and give them a rest and the likes of Phillips, Milner and Origi some games time.

Tough decisions for Jurgen at half time.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »
Wish Ian Darke would just shut the fuck up even if it’s just for a few seconds occasionally. He thinks he has to fill moment with his voice,

what the fuck was that cricket shite all about?...made worse by that bitter prick MacShithouse egging him on
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2021, 08:54:55 pm »
VAR is, has been, and always will be utter shite.
especially these armpit decisions

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2021, 08:55:26 pm »
Many years ago Alan X (then Alan F) accused me of being “small time” for pointing out that exaggeration - writhing around as though shot by a sniper in the stands - was a particularly Portuguese trait.

I don’t believe all Portuguese players or teams are guilty, but I still think it’s very prevalent, and it’s been the biggest feature of a half that overall we’re lucky to be level in.

Minamino has big boots to fill; even so his lack of pace and strength are evident. Konate and young Morton similarly are stepping into big boots - it’s unsurprising they’ve been caught out on occasion.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2021, 08:55:51 pm »
We've played well within ourselves which isn't a great surprise but if not for VAR we would have been in front.

It was close but don't think anyone says a word if it's not given as offside

Thiago playing well and Morton has has some great touches and looks a certain first team regular in the not too distant future.

Incidentally, WTF happened to Mark Bosnich on Stan Sports? Looks like he's been eating pillows
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:03 pm »
VAR sucks the life out of any enjoyment I used to get at the match. Rubbish.
Yep. We are back to that once again.

If that's offside, then the game is screwed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:11 pm »
This a big chance for Minamino to play with Mane and Salah and he’s been a bit meh.

I thought he was really good. Did a lot of tracking back, a couple of times it was him that snuffed out the Porto attacks. And his runs have been decent, just his touch has been a bit lacking, which probably means he needs even more game time.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:13 pm »
Carling Cup 4th round vibes. Divock to come on and score a mad one.

Thiago is a magician. Ox looks fit.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:17 pm »
Diaz looks tasty.
She’s really hot in There’s Something About Mary.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:26 pm »
One minute added when we had a VAR call, a Pepe injury/sub and their player feigning injury because he missed an open goal

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2021, 08:56:48 pm »
VAR is, has been, and always will be utter shite.

The use of it is utter shit. The lines are insane. Just act like a fucking line judge. Watch the fucking footage and make the decision. It is not a court case. It is sport. You watch it with eyes not computers. Fucking madness.  :no :no

Beyond that. Some good play and very bad play. Salah is a phenom, but damn does he do some bone headed stuff at times. He had a year when that ball came to him, but he takes it first time instead of being calm taking a touch and smashing it. He probably could have walked it into the net. Oh well. Porto used a lot of energy in that half. No way they can keep that pressing up.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2021, 08:57:15 pm »
I thought he was really good. Did a lot of tracking back, a couple of times it was him that snuffed out the Porto attacks. And his runs have been decent, just his touch has been a bit lacking, which probably means he needs even more game time.
I think his off the ball stuff has been considerably better than his on the ball stuff….if that makes sense.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2021, 08:57:45 pm »
Wish Ian Darke would just shut the fuck up even if it’s just for a few seconds occasionally. He thinks he has to fill moment with his voice, he even resorted to making stuff up. Konate didn’t get sent off against Manchester United in any game, let alone his last Champions League match.

He scored an own goal, but he didn’t get sent off.

Other than that, meh. Porto ought to be a couple up at least.
Find yourself an overseas stream, old school stuff on there, just the one commentator, it's much better

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
What was the first half like?

#JFT97

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:20 pm »
Edgey enough performance but lucky to be level considering their chances.

If we can get one you feel they'd be there for the taking.

Just no injuries and it'll be ok.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:26 pm »
Thought football had moved past these utter bullshit non-offsides? Except when it's us apparently. At least it's happened in a pretty meaningless game for us - imagine the reaction if that goes against us in a knockout tie though.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:36 pm »
Neco... unfortunately starting to look like a failed experiment. Nothing against the lad, not done a great deal wrong tonight but the drop off in quality from Trent is immense.
A failed experiemnt, lol. So he's not Trent Alexander Arnold. But I mean who is?

When you consider the size of the gap between Mane's right foot and the red line, I can only surmise that Mane has the biggest shoulders in human history. Some outta call up Guinness and get him in their big book.

That should never be offside, regardless of what the lines technically show. There's no illegal advantage being gained by the attacker there based on his position with respect to the opposition.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:38 pm »
Poor Porto, so many vicious brushes with opposition players, however will they stand up to the assaults? #prayforporto

Poor game, absolutely pre-season standard. For once the midfield are not to blame. Thiago is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player and Morton and Chamberlain have had good moments. It's the back and the front three that have me nervous.

Up front Salah is having one of those games where he never looks up and carries the ball too much. Minamino, lots of endeavour but mediocre with the ball. He reminds me of Borini, constantly dropping deep looking for action, but not enough tools to make an impact from there. Mane is the only one with urgency and looks most likely to score. Damn that tight VAR call.

The backline is jittery as hell. Both Tsimikas and Konate are a bit wild, in and out of posession, and Williams looks like he spends the entire game praying no one comes near him. They are all terribly raw at the moment, but the potential is there.

Still, this is the kinds game you want, throw them in the deep end a bit, let them learn some hard lessons. The result is unimportant, but the performance is, but more, I think, for individuals than the team overall.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2021, 08:59:48 pm »
Not sure how Sadio was offside, maybe his CL badge was off. Could easily be 2-2. We haven't played well but we probably should've taken advantage of that dodgy keeper.

Firm up a little and we can run away with this.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
We play a game.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:04 pm »
Sadio wasn’t offside, such bs.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:09 pm »
Hopefully Porto gets desperate enough to make a bad mistake.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:15 pm »
Neco... unfortunately starting to look like a failed experiment. Nothing against the lad, not done a great deal wrong tonight but the drop off in quality from Trent is immense.

The drop off from Trent to most first choice right backs in the Premier League is immense. Neco is a 20 year old still learning the ropes, in a patched up side in what is effectively a dead rubber.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2021, 09:01:49 pm »
A failed experiemnt, lol. So he's not Trent Alexander Arnold. But I mean who is?

bizarre comment that from the gull, I mean what right back wouldn't be a drop off from Trent?

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2021, 09:02:21 pm »
Not game related but watching the commercials in Sweden is a big bore: only betting, betting, betting and then an ad for loans (to bet more).

Thought that was bad enough. I'd swap it any day for the absolute cringe that is the BT Sport commercials. How do they live with themselves.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »
Fair enough. Probably not the best choice of words in hindsight but still don't reckon he's good enough. Just a personal opinion.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2021, 09:03:14 pm »
Good old half-time thread. They're playing in their slippers and comfy cardigans. There really is not much that can be learned from this game

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D