Author Topic: Breakfast!  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
Breakfast!
« on: August 13, 2021, 08:55:46 am »
Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go for a full proper breakfast fry up?
Preferably around the north end as we live in L9.
My lad got his GCSE results yesterday and rather than go out for a meal he wants to go out for a full brekky!!!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Breakfast!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 12:06:21 pm »
Probably a bit late and maybe not the ideal areas, but Moose Coffee does spot-on Canadian style breakfasts, albeit a touch pricey but nice for a treat. In the City itself, they have one just off the front by the Princes docks, they also have a more established location on Dale Street by the Town Hall. It's very decent. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 12:29:13 pm »
Probably a bit late and maybe not the ideal areas, but Moose Coffee does spot-on Canadian style breakfasts, albeit a touch pricey but nice for a treat. In the City itself, they have one just off the front by the Princes docks, they also have a more established location on Dale Street by the Town Hall. It's very decent.

I'd second here. They aren't traditional fry ups but they're nice.

They also have one on Hope St BTW. They all get pretty busy at weekends so worth booking.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:36:16 pm »
Belatedly, but i'd third Moose Coffee.

Very good.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 08:57:42 am »
Belatedly, but i'd third Moose Coffee.

Very good.

Was the most  busy place I saw when walking round town early morning last week, however the take away coffee was well below expectations.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2021, 02:47:48 pm »

Was the most  busy place I saw when walking round town early morning last week, however the take away coffee was well below expectations.

Yeah, I've managed to walk in on Dale Street a couple of times, but quite often you'll find a queue, particularly at weekends.

Used to be able to book on their website, but not sure if that's back available following re-opening?

And thankfully I don't drink coffee  ;D
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2021, 03:04:35 pm »
I'd recommended Portland Street all day long, great alternative to the always chocker Tavern across the road.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 11:12:48 pm »
I'd recommended Portland Street all day long, great alternative to the always chocker Tavern across the road.

I've not been there for breakfast.  OP asks about the north end, but - whilst in the neighbourhood - I'll add that Bean There, Leaf (Smithdown Rd), and The Dovedale all do cracking breakfast options too.  Haven't had brekkie in the Tavern for years - recall it being decent, but the queues make me laugh when you consider the handful of other places within metres of it...!

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 03:16:08 pm »
The Taverns a weird one I go every couple of years sit down think it’s great and then when the food comes remember why I’ve never rushed back. Think I go for the American breakfasts and should stick to English

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 04:56:52 pm »
this - if you know you know
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 05:53:29 pm »
Mentioned it in another thread - Churrasco on Aigburth Rd does fantastic breakfasts.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2021, 04:23:48 pm »
Fave jam butty?

Mine's cold, thick, salted butter on a barm with just a nice swipe of Chivers black currant. with a nice cuppa.

But in truth, I prefer banana butties.
Kill the humourless

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2021, 09:45:33 am »

We queued for like half an hour to get in last week to the shop on dale street. Took the food about an hour to come too. 30 quid for basically bagels and scrambled egg. Disappointing as the reviews for it were great.
YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #13 on: October 8, 2021, 02:03:21 pm »
We queued for like half an hour to get in last week to the shop on dale street. Took the food about an hour to come too. 30 quid for basically bagels and scrambled egg. Disappointing as the reviews for it were great.
Oh dear. I've noticed that where they sting you is in the drinks (tea and coffee very expensive) and the breakfasts that aren't some variant of a cooked breakfast. For example, scrambled egg on toast is only £1.50 cheaper than the Lone Star Moose, a type of full-English with sausages, minute steak, bacon and the works on.

I think only go there as a treat and when you're going to have those higher price-point meals that feel better value than like you've said, paying big for egg on toast.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2021, 05:33:44 pm »
Moose went downhill a long time ago for me

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #15 on: October 8, 2021, 11:08:11 pm »
Kill the humourless