Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 247580 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #1200 on: November 23, 2021, 08:57:34 pm »
Had any of you heard of him before we were linked with him, out of interest?
Known about him since the Battle of Aegospotami.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1201 on: November 23, 2021, 09:17:42 pm »
If you can't split the players then yes, but right now, Robbo is still the first choice. Kostas has it in him to be first choice left back and you know he'll get the support from Klopp.

When both are fit and we can seamlessly swap between them, it'll benefit us immensely and while players want to play all the time, it will benefit them both to get the required rest at the right time.
Yeah they're 2 players with different strengths.
They give us "options".

I really don't see Kostas dislodging Robbo... and if Kostas continues to progress, I really can't see Robbo being played all the time.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1202 on: November 23, 2021, 09:19:02 pm »
I'd probably say Mo has a decent left foot too.
He does- a decent foot, but not Aurelio levels.
That was a whole other level of crossing and Kostas is similar- just not in the same league... yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:21:05 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1203 on: November 23, 2021, 09:35:29 pm »
Love watching him. His ability to dribble and willingness to use his right foot add another dimension to our attacking play.

This. His crossing is great but I also love his dribbling and ball progression. He constantly wrong foots the opponent while running. Robbo's like a solo battering ram at times and he's clearly very effective. But I do wonder if Sadio might link up a tad better with Kostas once they're fully in sync.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:37:16 pm by The Test »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: November 24, 2021, 08:54:42 am »
Replacing Lovren.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: November 24, 2021, 09:20:29 am »
Oh, look at Mo, he's in love!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: November 24, 2021, 10:30:31 am »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1207 on: November 24, 2021, 11:52:25 am »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1208 on: November 24, 2021, 02:45:58 pm »
Mo's friendships are legendary
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1209 on: November 24, 2021, 03:19:10 pm »
Mo's friendships are legendary

Lovrendary...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: November 24, 2021, 09:46:39 pm »
Apologies if it's already been pointed out, but we are still yet to concede a goal with Kostas on the pitch this season. That's 390 minutes in the league, 156 minutes in the league cup and 152 minutes in Europe.

I'm just going to keep doing this...

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: November 25, 2021, 10:23:44 am »
I like Kostas .. good going forward and a real tought nut in the challenge
but he is a bit of thug at times and was lucky with that challenge when the player skewd it wide.
His trailing leg was close to Kostas lunging tackle in the area.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1212 on: November 25, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »
I like Kostas .. good going forward and a real tought nut in the challenge
but he is a bit of thug at times and was lucky with that challenge when the player skewd it wide.
His trailing leg was close to Kostas lunging tackle in the area.

I thought it was a nailed on penalty and a shocker of a tackle to be fair. Sliding in from behind, out of control --- a leg breaker.
If a tackle like that had been thrown in on Mo, there would be hell breaking out on here.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1213 on: November 25, 2021, 04:33:31 pm »
I thought it was a nailed on penalty and a shocker of a tackle to be fair. Sliding in from behind, out of control --- a leg breaker.
If a tackle like that had been thrown in on Mo, there would be hell breaking out on here.

Did he even touch him? That lad he 'tackled' would roll around on the ground if a fly landed on him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1214 on: November 25, 2021, 04:37:53 pm »
:lmao Kostas didn't even touch him. Expert tackler.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1215 on: November 25, 2021, 05:08:16 pm »
:lmao Kostas didn't even touch him. Expert tackler.

A true red supporter!  ;D

Maybe overlooked because he got his shot away but anywhere else on the pitch, that's a foul. We'd all shout the other way.
Regardless, we'll take the decision and the result.  :)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1216 on: November 25, 2021, 05:14:42 pm »

Maybe overlooked because he got his shot away but anywhere else on the pitch, that's a foul. We'd all shout the other way.

Have you got a video of this leg breaker?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1217 on: November 25, 2021, 05:18:23 pm »

Hmmm... I don't know about this. I've seen Fabinho pull some tough shit on opponents and then turn around and tell them to get up and quit their rolling and whining.  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: November 25, 2021, 06:11:36 pm »

in real time it looked bad and I was expecting a pen to be honest .... but look at the replay - he didn't touch the guy before getting the ball.  a good VAR decision cancelling out the Mane offside.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1219 on: November 25, 2021, 08:12:49 pm »
I posted this in the Neco thread, I'll leave it here too.

I'm under the impression that when Neco and Kostas play together our play has nuances of left-to-right mirror image. Kostas is more attacking on the wing in the mold of Trent a couple years ago, while Neco defends more like Robbo. That balance, even though it's not the same like the Trent-Robbo one, is really nice to see. Kostas goes for all free kicks as Trent usually does too when he plays. Somehow, the team has a different look with those two, but with a lot of similarities to the first setup.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1220 on: November 25, 2021, 09:22:56 pm »
He does- a decent foot, but not Aurelio levels.
That was a whole other level of crossing and Kostas is similar- just not in the same league... yet.

Uh.... yeh but.... y'know....

Ultimately we're talking about football players here yeh?

Like... Kostas might have maybe have one glass toe whereas the Great Lord Fabio? Well.... I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions  ::)

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #1221 on: December 4, 2021, 05:09:45 pm »
didn't play today but this was another excellent performance

https://twitter.com/suubs2/status/1467178799817236488?s=20

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: December 4, 2021, 05:13:11 pm »
His celebration was brilliant haha guy was going insane

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #1223 on: December 4, 2021, 05:15:02 pm »
Fucking loved his celebration!  ;D

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1224 on: December 4, 2021, 05:20:58 pm »
didn't play today but this was another excellent performance

https://twitter.com/suubs2/status/1467178799817236488?s=20
The Greek Scouser is right ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1225 on: December 4, 2021, 05:25:22 pm »
He was more ecstatic than Klopp, which is nearly impossible
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: December 5, 2021, 07:26:32 am »
He was high and thought he heard the final whistle and celebrated that 1 point with clean sheet. ;D

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: December 7, 2021, 09:20:11 pm »
Apologies if it's already been pointed out, but we are still yet to concede a goal with Kostas on the pitch this season. That's 390 minutes in the league, 156 minutes in the league cup and 181 minutes in Europe.

GAME OVER
NEW HIGH SCORE!!!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: December 7, 2021, 09:22:34 pm »
His crossing has been off today.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1229 on: December 7, 2021, 10:21:44 pm »
He's no Luke Shaw

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1230 on: December 28, 2021, 10:06:21 pm »
Very poor with his crossing tonight which I thought was his best attribute on first appearances this season.

Couldn't get the ball past the first man on several occasions. Didn't make much of the space that was afforded to him to run into.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1231 on: December 28, 2021, 10:11:25 pm »
Very poor with his crossing tonight which I thought was his best attribute on first appearances this season.

Couldn't get the ball past the first man on several occasions. Didn't make much of the space that was afforded to him to run into.

Completely disagree I thought he was one of tonight's plusses.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1232 on: December 28, 2021, 10:11:43 pm »

Was one of our better players on a generally poor team day. I mean we can't be expecting him to do a Messi and dribble through the defence and score. He defended his side well, caused Leicester problems down their right, and despite the poor performance all round we really had enough chances to win this.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: December 28, 2021, 10:13:44 pm »
Due to his inability to use his right foot, he slows us a down a bit. Everything has to done on his left foot, and there were a few times when a player was free to keep the pressure on, he had to move the ball onto his left foot and the chance had gone. As a fellow left footed, left back who can't pass a ball 10 yards with my right, I ain't in no position to judge.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: December 28, 2021, 10:15:15 pm »
Consistently got in great positions, but his delivery was unusually poor.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1235 on: December 28, 2021, 10:37:31 pm »
Due to his inability to use his right foot, he slows us a down a bit. Everything has to done on his left foot, and there were a few times when a player was free to keep the pressure on, he had to move the ball onto his left foot and the chance had gone. As a fellow left footed, left back who can't pass a ball 10 yards with my right, I ain't in no position to judge.  ;D

You're talking nonsense, as far as left-backs go his right foot is really good.

He wasted one excellent opportunity in the second half but other than that he was one of our better players, if anyone thinks tonight would have been any different with Robbo there, they need to give their head a wobble.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1236 on: December 28, 2021, 11:05:37 pm »
One of the better players tonight but gets a bit unlucky with his crosses like our other players, always get blocked.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1237 on: December 28, 2021, 11:16:33 pm »
Completely disagree I thought he was one of tonight's plusses.

Tsimikas for me can hold his head up, when Robbo has been out he has acquitted himself admirably, the substantial drop off you'd expect to have when losing such a brilliant player simply isn't there.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1238 on: December 28, 2021, 11:30:41 pm »
I thought he and Matip were our best players tonight. Used the ball well, some dangerous crosses but they defended well and in numbers.

Thought he’d lost Vardy for that cross that came across but did brilliantly to get a touch on it.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #1239 on: December 28, 2021, 11:37:29 pm »
Seen some bad takes today, but this is one of the worst. Kostas use of his right foot, not only for crossing, but to dribble and link up, is one of his biggest strengths as a player. It brings a whole other dimension to our left side and makes us less predictable, as we now have two players, in Mané and him, who can cut in with the ball, as much as they can go wide.