Author Topic: Liverpool Airport - Opinions  (Read 35177 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Airport - Opinions
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »
Choosing the airport based on parking...wow.

I usually just pick whatever airport has the flight I want!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »
The aggressive drive to chase every pound, from every single avenue, be they customer friendly or not, is a direct reaction to the airlines forcing the airports to reduce their landing fees.
The Airports in turn look to re-coup that money and also increase revenue - ergo: parking being the biggest single money spinner for an Airport and the now customary and un-avoidable walk through duty-free in the hard sell avenue - makes that revenue. 

PS If you want to refuse Boots or any other non-duty area, the liberty to scan your boarding pass, then you legally can do so. They're chasing the tax saving.

Bottom line - Like my learned binman frine from the council Mr C, has rightly hit on - if you're gonna get screwed, at least get screwed by your local Airport as opposed to their one.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »
Your going back to plastic bags and a monthly collection yer arl twat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:22 pm »
Your going back to plastic bags and a monthly collection yer arl twat.
;D

Make sure you are their early on Sunday so we can discuss the rubbish. Capeesh
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »
Find Liverpool Airport much easier to get through than Manchester. Plus Manchester Airport is in, Manchester, so there's another reason not to go

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2015, 11:41:15 pm »
Used Manc airport in July, fucking horrendous to get through security.

Glad to be using Speke again next week.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »
Going to manchester airport coz you got a fine two years ago...wow
and what?

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2015, 09:37:32 pm »
Choosing the airport based on parking...wow.

I usually just pick whatever airport has the flight I want!
fuck me on one you

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2015, 09:39:31 pm »
fuck me on one you

Shut up.

Manc Airport is shite, getting through security is an absolute nightmare.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2015, 08:42:02 am »
To be honest, in my experience from the airports I've used, they're all pretty much the same. Unless it's a particularly small and grubby airport from some of the further corners of Europe I've been to. Sofia airport isn't great. But in this country I certainly wouldn't be arsed about what airport I flew from, I'm just going to go for the most convenient one to me that has the flights I need. As Liverpool is about a 10 minute drive from my house it's going to be that one if I can get it. I'm amazed anyone would go out of their way unless they had to.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:51 pm »
every airport's a nightmare these days to be honest -though some more than others....I try and get away 2 or 3 times a year but my last trip - Manchester > Heathrow > Miami - and back again last Xmas - has put me off traveling for a while such were the tortuous levels of security and hold ups ...getting to the stage where I can't be fuckin arsed with it any more....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:10 am »
Find Liverpool Airport much easier to get through than Manchester. Plus Manchester Airport is in, Manchester, so there's another reason not to go
It's in Cheshire isn't it? Quite a way outside Manchester as I recall

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2015, 10:51:12 am »
Not that far.closerr to stockport.London gatwick and heathrow arent that close to London.dont really see the point?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2015, 10:51:59 am »
Not that far.closerr to stockport.

Now there's a godforsaken town.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2015, 10:56:50 am »
Tell me about it.workwd there for a while.haha its actually nine miles from the airoort to machester city centre.not far at all.id sooner go fom liverpool as its handier for me living in aigburh makes it a piece of piss.i love liverpool airport never had any issues there

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2015, 10:59:00 am »
My Boston flight next year is via Manchester.  Never had any problems with security in the place myself - last time I flew there was 2011 to Malta.  But I'm flying Thomas Cook's "premium economy" this time around which includes priority security checks so I'm hoping any fuss will be kept to a minimum.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2015, 12:06:43 pm »
Tell me about it.workwd there for a while.haha its actually nine miles from the airoort to machester city centre.not far at all.id sooner go fom liverpool as its handier for me living in aigburh makes it a piece of piss.i love liverpool airport never had any issues there

Big part of family from my Dad's side are from Stockport, my Grandad supported Leeds though for some reason, Fowler rest his soul.

I got a massive cob on once in JLA as I got moved from a seating area because it was for 'patrons only' and I was eating a butty I brought from home. The cafe was literally empty, there weren't any other customers there. Not like I was taking someone's seat.

Apart from that one over-zealous staff member it's always been sound for me.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2015, 01:33:14 pm »
My issue at Manchester is the security - the shouting and general level of condescension is fucking irritating.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »
My issue at Manchester is the security - the shouting and general level of condescension is fucking irritating.

Last time we were there, there was some security fellas with big guns (probably rubber bullets or soemthing, I dunno I'm no expert) and the Mrs. started crying at the sight of them :lmao the meff.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2015, 09:47:36 pm »
The security checks are fuckin scandalous .

The last time I flew out I said you can search me but under protest as Iam fed up of being treated like a suspect terrorist. The bellend then called in the bizzies and said this man is refusing to be searched . Then I pointed out to that I said you can search but under protest.

Hate the fucking place being honest . The only positive is I know in a few hours I will away from Liverpool.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2015, 08:12:51 am »
I'm fine with stringent security checks in airports. Ok it takes a while to get through, but I'd rather make it more difficult for some lunatic to smuggle a weapon on to a plane.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2015, 01:32:01 pm »
I'm fine with stringent security checks in airports. Ok it takes a while to get through, but I'd rather make it more difficult for some lunatic to smuggle a weapon on to a plane.

Smuggle a sheep on board . The chances of a lunatic and a smuggled sheep being on the same plane a virtually zero.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

On a serious note . I know what you are saying but I still dont like being treated like a suspected terrorist and dont like thise scan things they have. I know they are only following orders and have a family to feed but I still like voice my opinion. Its my right .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2015, 06:07:03 pm »
On a serious note . I know what you are saying but I still dont like being treated like a suspected terrorist and dont like thise scan things they have. I know they are only following orders and have a family to feed but I still like voice my opinion. Its my right .

In fairness kesey i get what your saing but surely it is hardly a major issue if it makes flying safer.its an arse it has to happen and a sad world we live in.but it is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »
In fairness kesey i get what your saing but surely it is hardly a major issue if it makes flying safer.its an arse it has to happen and a sad world we live in.but it is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things

I agree but Iam a gobby twat and let my feelings known. Politely of course but straight to the point .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2015, 07:05:05 pm »
There's a story in todays Echo about passengers returning from abroad over the weekend and taking up to 2 hours to get through immigration .

I've flown from JLA a fair few times over the years , most recently 2 weeks ago . We arrived back at the airport at around 11pm , and it took the best part of an hour to get through immigration . On reaching the customs area , there were 3 immigration officers on duty.

The management of the airport has dropped in quality as the airport has grown , and I'm getting to the point where I may start to fly from Manchester instead .

The parking charges are also a rip-off , with only a 5 minute free parking period ( think it used to 15 minutes or so ) allowed to drop off / pick up passengers , after which the prices rocket to up to £ 10.00 per hour . This has had the effect that taxis and other vehicles at the airport to pick up incoming passengers are parking on Speke Hall Avenue .

Shit service and time they sorted themselves out .

Dead right mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2015, 07:41:29 pm »
Suppose you can only judge on your own experiences.ive never had a problem.had several at manchester and heathrow.ill continue until i have a bad experience there.each to their own i suppose.if id have haf a similar experience id think twice.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 1, 2015, 06:18:41 am »
Not that far.closerr to stockport.London gatwick and heathrow arent that close to London.dont really see the point?
Yes and Stansted, Luton and Southend all call themselves London (fill in the blank) Airports too and they're further away than Heathrow and Gatwick. But neither they, nor Heathrow and Gatwick call themselves simply "London Airport". Manchester Airport is a misnomer in that its name implies its in Manchester when it's not. That's all

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #108 on: October 1, 2015, 08:58:06 am »
Never been to Liverpool Airport. Is there a place where you can smoke and if so what is it like? I absolutely despise Manchester Airport because to go for a cigarette you have to go down some corridors and end up on a balcony that feels like it could be in a prison. Nothing compared to the smoking facilities at other airports like Munich or Zürich... ;)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »
...... Stansted, Luton and Southend all call themselves London (fill in the blank) Airports too and they're further away than Heathrow and Gatwick. But neither they, nor Heathrow and Gatwick call themselves simply "London Airport".

Is correct.

There hasn't been a "London Airport" since the old runway in Croydon was replaced by Heathrow.
However, the airport code back in the 60s/70s for Heathrow was LON before being changed to LHR.

Of the 6 airports currently serving London only London Stansted (STN) and Southend (SEN) do not have a letter 'L' in their code which indicates London.  Southend is not known as 'London Southend', just simply 'Southend'.

The other 4, and their distances away from central London, are:

London City (LCY)   8 miles
Heathrow  (LHR)  14m
Gatwick  (LGW)  30m
Luton (LTN)  34m

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2015, 12:39:11 am »
Silly question, but never noticed it before. I will come over with five mates for the game v Leicester on Boxing Day. At JLA, do you reckon we'll get a taxi that will have six seats easily? I would think so, but never been at the airport with a group of six before so not sure.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2015, 01:47:39 pm »
Silly question, but never noticed it before. I will come over with five mates for the game v Leicester on Boxing Day. At JLA, do you reckon we'll get a taxi that will have six seats easily? I would think so, but never been at the airport with a group of six before so not sure.

If not, you can get the 80 or 80A  or the 86A, B, C D into town

(Sure there are a few other buses that go to Speke/The Airport as well)

Here is the bus guide for the airport..

http://www.liverpoolairport.com/directions/bus/

The 500 appears to be the express from the airport into Liverpool..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:49:23 pm by Festive User Name @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2015, 03:32:52 pm »
Yes and Stansted, Luton and Southend all call themselves London (fill in the blank) Airports too and they're further away than Heathrow and Gatwick. But neither they, nor Heathrow and Gatwick call themselves simply "London Airport". Manchester Airport is a misnomer in that its name implies its in Manchester when it's not. That's all

Manc airport is actually in the city boundaries.

Never been to Liverpool Airport. Is there a place where you can smoke and if so what is it like? I absolutely despise Manchester Airport because to go for a cigarette you have to go down some corridors and end up on a balcony that feels like it could be in a prison. Nothing compared to the smoking facilities at other airports like Munich or Zürich... ;)

I can't recall liverpool a smoking area (if there is one) but I know what you mean about other ones! Best one I've been to so far was in Dublin, proper beer garden ! (Just a shame it was 4am and pissing down)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2015, 11:10:51 pm »
No mate, its a slim chance, you'd best just plan to take 2 taxis.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:09 am »
No mate, its a slim chance, you'd best just plan to take 2 taxis.

This, and go Dutch.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:01 am »
Another option is to phone a local cab company and ask for a taxi with more seats (They do have them)

The one we use is South Liverpool Taxi's : 0151 486 7777

Or you can try Delta: 0151 924 7373

Both of these options will be way, way cheaper than Black Cabs that rip you off a bit from the Airport.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2015, 11:54:03 am »
On Boxing Day he's best just getting 2 hackneys thats there as he exits.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2015, 08:43:19 am »
Cheers folks :)
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2015, 11:24:12 am »
On Boxing Day he's best just getting 2 hackneys thats there as he exits.

Maybe, but it's going to cost absolutely megabucks - black Cabs on Boxing day all the way to Liverpool..?

The bus is going to be the best option and they go every 5-10 minutes.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2015, 11:40:44 am »
Bus to south parkway then train to Sandhills.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40