Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91527 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #800 on: December 3, 2015, 08:23:12 am »
Be interesting to see whether the 4-4-2- diamond is something we look to play at home more often now to help break down those teams who play deep and narrow.

I think the way to break down these teams is to fit in as many players as you can get away with that possess movement, technique and know where the goal is.
A mouth watering front four is Sturrige, Coutinho, Firminho, Lallana and play two CM's behind them that allow us to play the entire game in the opposition's half. That's how you break those team down.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #801 on: December 3, 2015, 08:28:30 am »
I think the way to break down these teams is to fit in as many players as you can get away with that possess movement, technique and know where the goal is.
A mouth watering front four is Sturrige, Coutinho, Firminho, Lallana and play two CM's behind them that allow us to play the entire game in the opposition's half. That's how you break those team down.
I think against those teams the centre of the pitch is too congested to play the neat through balls and one-two's. Movement is more difficult as there isn't space to run into as the defense is so deep.

We need to stretch teams out wide to open up the space. I can see the possibility of Benteke starting up front with Sturridge so we have the threat through the middle of Sturridge and the aerial threat of Benteke. I think that would work well.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: December 3, 2015, 08:33:41 am »
So happy for Origi. Seems to move smarter now and looks calm on the ball, probably just him realizing he's brilliant. Him and Sturridge with Coutinho behind should be too much for any defenders in the league.

Thats the Origi that I saw for Belgium at the World cup and why we splunked some money on him.  He has such a languid style. Was wondering what he can do when Ibe slipped the ball over to him then BAM! Totally didn't know he had that in his locker.

The goal that killed the game off. If Saints scored the second when we were 3 up its going to be a nervy game for sure.

With players around him he is quite a player. With Firmino, Countinho and Hendo threading the passes through to him, he will bag a few by the end of the season if he gets enough game time.

And has anyone noticed, even when 3 up and 4 up, we were seriously flooding their box. When Ibe score, there were around 4 of our players inside their penalty box. Can and Allen both hovering around dangerously if the keeper spilled it.

Joe Allen was magnificent.

We got the welsh pirlo. He didn't stop running all game.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 3, 2015, 08:35:43 am »
Allen was really good. As was Lovren

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #804 on: December 3, 2015, 08:38:59 am »
He was great against Bordeaux too, I felt he did enough to earn a start in the absence of Lucas for the Swansea game. Definitely knocking on the door now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: December 3, 2015, 08:48:47 am »
Agree it's exciting but it's just one match. Origi needs time to show he's the real deal.
Or time to develop because he's young, eh?

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 3, 2015, 09:00:01 am »
One of the best moments in the match was when Can chased down a Southampton close to the sideline and blocking the ball out for a throw-in, and you could hear through the TV Klopp shouting "YES!!!" in appreciation of the pressing from Can - made me smile big time, the man is a fukcing legend and he really gets football

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: December 3, 2015, 09:05:35 am »

In some moments. Other moments not. His small frame causes him issues
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: December 3, 2015, 09:05:58 am »
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Quote from: BigAl24
Crazy shout I know, and don't all knock me down straight away...

But could Origi be our Lewandowski? There are real raw tools to work with there which Jurgen can make the most of, and let's face it Lewandowski wasn't the finished article when he was signed was he?

I'm excited by the boy and thought he did well yesterday. When Benteke/Sturridge are fit it'll help him settle in a bit more as third choice and can play with less pressure.

I called it in the Spurs thread straight after Klopp's first game ;)
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 09:10:28 am by BigAl24 »
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #809 on: December 3, 2015, 09:15:12 am »
Absolutely.... It changed their mind set totally...

What's incredible about Sturridge, is that he never seems off the pace... Rusty?  Yes.  But he slips back into goal scoring the moment he's back in the side.  It's an incredible ability.

Other players have been impacted by their injuries, but they just don't seem to affect his all round game.

He's as clinical as any striker we've ever had. That's a massive compliment.

He's one of the worlds best on talent alone. Now if we could just keep him fit. . . .
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #810 on: December 3, 2015, 09:17:19 am »
I called it in the Spurs thread straight after Klopp's first game ;)

I called it back in 2013 before Klopp and Origi had even joined the club. I can't be arsed searching through my own posts, but those who know, know.
We are Liverpool!

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #811 on: December 3, 2015, 09:18:12 am »
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

He's got a great turn of pace. Didn't realise he was so fast. He's defo got the tools, but does he have the balls/belief?

Sterling has all the tools, but lacks the balls. That's why I don't think he'll ever make it to that top tier of player and was happy to take the money.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #812 on: December 3, 2015, 09:25:34 am »
Daniel Sturridge absolutely scores the first goal against the run of play. They were all over us at that point and Wagamama really should have put them 2-0. That is why strikers like Sturridge are crucial, 1 chance 1 goal - St. Mary's silent. The second goal absolutely kills them.

Day off from work today... I'm lying in bed laughing like an idiot at this utter stupidity. 😂

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #813 on: December 3, 2015, 09:29:51 am »
Excited by origis performance. It's always a worry to have your only genuinely pacey frontman be so injury prone. Origi coming into some form could really help us out And provide a solid option when needing to stretch teams without overplaying Sturridge.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #814 on: December 3, 2015, 09:30:22 am »
Just awful....

Awful control by Sturro which led to the first goal.
Awful pass by Can (what was he thinking???) for Sturro's second.
Awful shot by Moreno. Can't even hit the target (Origi).
Awful pass by Origi. Too hard, too fast and into the net too!
Awful lack of vision by Ibe. Should have passed the ball instead of confidently chesting and rifling the shot.
Awful header by Origi. Couldn't even crash the underside of the bar.

Also according to at least one person on here, we were better off 'getting rid of this competition'. What the fuck is Klopp doing?!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: December 3, 2015, 09:35:37 am »
Energy all over the pitch amazes me , the difference a philosophy can make, under Rodgers if we had of scored 3 it would have been defend the last 30 mins, now its go and get a few more, brilliant to watch again

Ad the best bit of the night was looking at that smug prick Le Tissier, i would love to see the knob after they had scored i bet he was giving Jamie Redknapp all sorts of shit, 44 mins later sat there like he had been hit by lightning
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #816 on: December 3, 2015, 09:36:40 am »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #817 on: December 3, 2015, 09:42:39 am »
With Can suspended it will be interesting to see if Allen keeps his place at the weekend.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 3, 2015, 09:45:18 am »

Agree with this.

He's been superb the last 2 matches he's played!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #819 on: December 3, 2015, 09:46:37 am »
Or time to develop because he's young, eh?

linking up really nicely with Ibe

amazing what a goal does for confidence
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #820 on: December 3, 2015, 09:46:56 am »
anyone have a link to highlights or full game please?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: December 3, 2015, 09:47:07 am »
Can't narrow it down to one highlight from yesterday's game for me yet. Origi finish for his second goal though just made me laugh ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: December 3, 2015, 09:48:46 am »
Origi has it all. Except one thing

A strikers instinct. He hasn't naturally got it so Klopp and co have a lot of work to do with him.

His main weakness imo is knowing where to be and to follow shots up. He could of had another last night when the keeper pushed it out but he had stopped as soon as Can had the shot. He really needs to change this mentality.

Saying that he's got everything else. Skill, pace, work rate, power, a good shot, etc
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: December 3, 2015, 09:51:19 am »
anyone have a link to highlights or full game please?

Enjoy

http://lasthighlight.com/southampton-vs-liverpool-highlights-full-match-capital-one-cup/

Turn up the volume & you can hear a sound as Moreno's shot touches Origi on the way through

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
« Reply #824 on: December 3, 2015, 09:52:28 am »
I had to nail my feet firmly to the ground before I went to work..... We won the lot while I was in the shower this morning !!!

#makeusdream

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: December 3, 2015, 09:55:13 am »
Daniel Sturridge is amazing. When I was listening to the radio commentary at 0-1 and he got the ball I was almost sure he would score. And he did. And we haven't had a player like that since the SAS was disbanded. He really is utterly world class.

Having Sturridge within sight of goal is like giving someone a penalty.

And that Origi goal when he blew the roof of the net off. Where did he get that from?

The only reaction to that entire performance is "Wow!"

The title is definitely on. And this from a pessimist.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: December 3, 2015, 10:01:16 am »
Who do we play then? Please let it be Palace, or Villa away to relegate them ;D

It's Villa.   ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 3, 2015, 10:01:47 am »
Also according to at least one person on here, we were better off 'getting rid of this competition'. What the fuck is Klopp doing?!

Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy. We could have had that great performance in any game theoretically. I don't think the competition made that happen.

It was an amazing performance and that but he quite rightly rested players and rotated the squad. Sturridge played because he needed game time, etc. This performance was achieved by not playing our strongest team so Klopp was fairly sensible, which most people would be happy given that this is more of a distraction than anything.

FA Cup, Europe and League are the things that matter. Everything else is just practice.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: December 3, 2015, 10:03:22 am »
Daniel Sturridge is amazing. When I was listening to the radio commentary at 0-1 and he got the ball I was almost sure he would score. And he did. And we haven't had a player like that since the SAS was disbanded. He really is utterly world class.

And that Origi goal when he blew the roof of the net off. Where did he get that from?

Mate, when he jinked to his left, I was watching the far corner of the goal waiting to see the net bulge.   That's the class he has; it's almost inevitable he'll score from there, however tight the angle.  Superb finisher. 

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #830 on: December 3, 2015, 10:06:43 am »
Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy. We could have had that great performance in any game theoretically. I don't think the competition made that happen.

It was an amazing performance and that but he quite rightly rested players and rotated the squad. Sturridge played because he needed game time, etc. This performance was achieved by not playing our strongest team so Klopp was fairly sensible, which most people would be happy given that this is more of a distraction than anything.

FA Cup, Europe and League are the things that matter. Everything else is just practice.
I don't think it's Mickey Mouse at all.

We have won this trophy more times than other team and we should be proud of that and should be looking to extend that lead.

In this day and age there are a couple of teams with more money and better resources than us so as trophies become harder and harder to win we should be taking every opportunity to go all the way in this one and have a great day out at Wembley.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: December 3, 2015, 10:07:46 am »
One of the best moments in the match was when Can chased down a Southampton close to the sideline and blocking the ball out for a throw-in, and you could hear through the TV Klopp shouting "YES!!!" in appreciation of the pressing from Can - made me smile big time, the man is a fukcing legend and he really gets football

Did you see him screaming at Lucas in the first half because he wasn't doing what he was told?  ;D
That energy is transferring to the lads.   He's like the conductor of an orchestra feeding off his energy, tempo and direction. 

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: December 3, 2015, 10:11:05 am »
Just watching the match for the first time. Eleven minutes in and they're booing Lallana... Music to my ears because I know what's coming!
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: December 3, 2015, 10:14:34 am »
Fucking awesome.

He's leading 4-1, he's leading 4-1. Adam Lallana, he's leading 4-1.

"Ibe!!!!!"

He's leading 5-1, he's leading 5-1. Adam Lallana, he's leading 5-1.

Southampton are so salty about the players who leave them for bigger clubs, justice was done last night for giving dogs abuse to a player who got them where they are.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: December 3, 2015, 10:15:33 am »
I just realized (was that true?!), did Origi score with either foot and his head?

Yes, his head and right foot, Albie's left.  ;D

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: December 3, 2015, 10:17:11 am »
I really feel we need to re-open the "Liverpool are Shite" thread.  I mean what a dreadful performance.
Starting off we couldn't keep a clean sheet, for even one minute.  Then 6 lucky goals against the run of play....dreadful, truely dreadful.  And as for the individual players....Where do I start....
Bodgan...Have you ever seen a ginger Hungarian before?  I dont believe a word of it.  I would have expected a lot more from someone of Randall's experience.  Skrtel & Lovern were dreadful, Moreno couldn't even hit the target with that shot and hit his own player instead, he was so bad he was replaced by a kid.  Lucas should have got a yellow card (as usual) Can got it instead.  Can is a verb, not a person. Allen was anonymous but not as anonymous as Coutinho and Firmino....our brazilian duo were hardly mentioned last night.  Truley dreadful.  Lallana - too many L's in that name.  Sturridge couldn't even finish one game for Gawd sake.  And as for Origi, his first goal was a lucky deflection, his second hit the post and luckily went in and his third was offside, or would have been if the defender had not played him on.  Just rubbish.  Proper shite.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: December 3, 2015, 10:17:28 am »

Yeah, he had a very good game.

Instead of his normal side ways passes he was more about moving the ball forwards and linking up with attacking play.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place in Sunday with Can being out. If not then I fear for his future here.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: December 3, 2015, 10:18:11 am »

Haha im sure Origi has done it at a World cup already.[emoji16]
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #838 on: December 3, 2015, 10:21:13 am »
Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy.

...especially if you're a Mickey Mouse fan.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #839 on: December 3, 2015, 10:22:15 am »

He's a contender, isn't he? Exceptional passing last night, playing with great confidence.