Author Topic: Lorry deaths.  (Read 5336 times)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lorry deaths.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2019, 05:47:57 pm »
Driver charged with manslaughter, money laundering and people trafficking, in court Monday
You'd imagine he sung given the swift other arrests.
There's been some strong support for him on social media. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Gentle. Etc.
bollocks

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2019, 09:46:12 pm »
You'd imagine he sung given the swift other arrests.
There's been some strong support for him on social media. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Gentle. Etc.

Apparently recently purchased a new home which has been raided.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/police-raid-luxury-northern-ireland-home-of-lorry-deaths-suspect-38629161.html

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
This is really horrific.

The driver must have had some knowledge.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2019, 10:05:38 pm »
This is really horrific.

The driver must have had some knowledge.

I was open minded, but with the charges it looks like they have enough evidence that he was a part of it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2019, 07:13:44 am »
I was open minded, but with the charges it looks like they have enough evidence that he was a part of it.

I was the same but it appears to be a operation of some kind. It’s not right how the press published his name without facts though as he may not be guilty.

There is also a lack of paperwork accounting for where lorry went.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2019, 11:30:19 am »
Seems to me that the driver sang like a canary. The other charges against him suggest there’s enough to link him to it all.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2019, 01:22:34 am »
The red flags are the expensive cab and house. I know truckers much older who’ve been doing it longer and don’t have that kind of money.

Also, the stopping and opening the sealed trailer randomly after picking it up. My cousin’s husband, a trucker, says he can imagine few scenarios where you do that.

It would appear he’s up to his neck in this.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 08:23:38 am »
The red flags are the expensive cab and house. I know truckers much older who’ve been doing it longer and don’t have that kind of money.

Also, the stopping and opening the sealed trailer randomly after picking it up. My cousin’s husband, a trucker, says he can imagine few scenarios where you do that.

It would appear he’s up to his neck in this.

The house was only £160k, that is quite cheap and a tramper (driver who sleeps in the truck) could expect to earn minimum £40k a year, so could afford it.

If a trailer isn't sealed, you always open the back to check the load security when you pick it up. If it is sealed, then you stay out of the trailer and then the only reason you would stop and break the seal is if you heard the load banging about.

I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt, but it now appears he has stopped to let them out.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 03:50:27 pm »
Police release pictures of two men from Northern Ireland wanted on suspicion of manslaughter and human trafficking

The fucking state of these two gobshites. Mugshots, too. Shouldn't judge a book, and all that, but these two look like a pair of right scumbags.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 04:33:06 pm »
Police release pictures of two men from Northern Ireland wanted on suspicion of manslaughter and human trafficking

The fucking state of these two gobshites. Mugshots, too. Shouldn't judge a book, and all that, but these two look like a pair of right scumbags.

Every mugshot I've ever seen the guys look like scumbags  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 05:43:17 pm »
Not trying to be a c*nt here, genuine question and it's an aside to the main story, but if you've got 30 grand to your name, why is this your route in to the west? Why are people risking it all to such an extent? Surely with that kind of money there are ways to set up a decent life for yourself without resorting to this?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 05:45:23 pm »
The families borrow it, I gather, judging by the news report the other night And I'm assuming the people it's borrowed from are not your average regulated bank.
It appears the girl who was first named was trying to find work to pay off her younger brother's debts. (Didn't say how he incurred them). So that family must be up to its neck in shite. Bad stuff.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:47:51 pm by No666 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2019, 10:40:52 am »
The driver has admitted plotting to assist illegal immigration

A lorry driver who is accused over the deaths of 39 migrants in Essex has admitted plotting to assist illegal immigration.

Maurice Robinson pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey to conspiring with others to assist illegal immigration between 1 May 2018 and 24 October 2019.

The 25-year-old, from Craigavon, is accused of being part of a larger plot to bring people into the UK illegally.

Mr Robinson was not asked to plead to 39 charges of manslaughter.

The charges relate to the deaths of 39 Vietnamese people, including teenagers, who were discovered in the back of a refrigerated lorry being driven by Mr Robinson in Grays on 23 October.

Mr Robinson, of Laurel Drive, appeared via video-link from Belmarsh prison.

He spoke only to confirm his identity and British nationality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50545658

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2019, 12:01:39 pm »
Sub-human scum.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2019, 10:09:06 pm »
bollocks