Author Topic: Paris  (Read 182221 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Paris
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2022, 01:32:55 pm »
Fuckers are doubling down.

We still have evidence though, that's what we have to remember.

Interesting that they are also blaming the club for "leaving fans to their own devices!" I suspect the club will come out fighting on that point.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2022, 01:35:04 pm »
You know this as fact do you?

Going by what fans were saying it was actually the equipment that was breaking under the sheer force. It sounds as though thousands of the tickets were not going through as they should and it was probably why they gave up in the end. That is UEFA's job to make sure there is adequate scanning equipment available at each event.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2022, 01:35:50 pm »
I don't think there's any doubt that fake tickets were one of the root causes of the problem.

Many, if not most, holders may not have been aware, or had invalidated tickets, but without a system to shunt them without stopping the flow it's just feeding the chaos.

Our lot needs to start chanting "Back Up!" from the front next time a crush comes.  This is another tragic accident waiting to happen and being the best supported Club in the World, you know what's gonna happen next time.
Andy Robertson said his m8 was turned away because he was told his ticket was a fake when theres no doubt of it being a genuine ticket, the check was flawed so there's reason to believe flawed checking must have been more wide spread,  the French politicians are trying to tell us 70% of the tickets were fake, they should be telling us they will have to investigate whether the checking for fake tickets was competent before they can comment on fake tickets.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2022, 01:36:54 pm »
Going by what fans were saying it was actually the equipment that was breaking under the sheer force. It sounds as though thousands of the tickets were not going through as they should and it was probably why they gave up in the end. That is UEFA's job to make sure there is adequate scanning equipment available at each event.

Yeah I know - but his comment about "fake tickets" really annoyed me.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:13 pm »
It's not though is it.

That's why I advise people to read the article and click on the first video. The video relating the experience of the BBC reporter caught in the police riot is very plausible and very useful to our cause.

It'd be a self-inflicted wound if this became about 'the BBC' or 'the MSM'.

As for the neanderthals on social media who are using this to poke fun at Liverpool - ignore them. They're deeply depressed people and we can't help them.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:31 pm »
How can they host it if their security / stadium is not up to it ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:52 pm »
they are doubling down, the fuckers - going to have put some evidence forward!
not just blaming us for the problems on saturday but saying we caused trouble at madrid 2019 and you always get this with certain english clubs.
cheeky bastards!

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2022, 01:39:55 pm »
That's why I advise people to read the article and click on the first video. The video relating the experience of the BBC reporter caught in the police riot is very plausible and very useful to our cause.

It'd be a self-inflicted wound if this became about 'the BBC' or 'the MSM'.

As for the neanderthals on social media who are using this to poke fun at Liverpool - ignore them. They're deeply depressed people and we can't help them.

But they know what they're doing when they go with the headline. Also in both the BBC and the Guardian you have to read a LONG way in for it to challenge the French government narrative. In the guardian there's both the inbuilt Manc tribalism (they shill a lot for City) and the idea that the EU can do no wrong. Both have been shameful here though. Obviously the right wing papers have an agenda to push too (namely - look at France being c*nts), but they are right...

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2022, 01:40:28 pm »
I wanna share txt just sent to mates on our WhatsApp Paris group..

So , I'm on me train and heading back to Amsterdam.

Everything has been said about the match experiance...but I'm leaving Paris with better memories...the boss laugh I had with me mates❤️..making new mates😘...and....

Our Manager ..
Our Team...
Our fucking amazing Red Army of fans ( Shanks was right Chairman Mao couldnt amass  a bigger Red arm...those home coming scenes remind me of 71 when we lost the cup).

we don't need validation from the media..the establishment or rival fans cos..

WE ARE LIVERPOOL! ( Tra- la-la-la-la)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2022, 01:41:22 pm »
You know this as fact do you?
Of course not.

Is it an unreasonable possibility?
Kill the humourless

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2022, 01:41:55 pm »
Absolute joker. Maybe they should have told everyone they shouldnt travel to France without a match ticket, fuck knows why they put on and advertised fan zones and match screenings if they didnt want people to travel to their country for the game.
It's a ridiculous argument. Fans going to cities without tickets is nothing new and not a problem. It was only the other week Rangers were being lauded for taking tens of thousands of fans without tickets to the UEFA Cup Final. Basically, they are just tourists spending a ton of money and boosting the local economy whilst sampling the atmosphere. Hosting cities make a mint out of them.

Of course, these fans might be a problem if they all descended on the actual ground trying to get in, but they don't in any great number. Fans want to actually see the game, not be stood outside twiddling their thumbs. So, it's bars, pubs, fanparks etc, pouring yet more money into the local economy.

I hate the way these people are then used as scapegoats for corrupt and incompetent people who need someone to pin their failings on. They love us when we are boosting their local economy, but declare us a problem as soon as they, themselves, mess up and come under any scrutiny.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2022, 01:44:08 pm »
Of course not.

Obviously, it's total nonsense. If it's mostly fake tickets fault why was it an absolute shambles getting out after too?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2022, 01:45:11 pm »
Also this bullshit about the thousands who came without tickets etc...

Was the fanpark empty during the game then? Because that's where everyone was...

c*nts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2022, 01:45:30 pm »
A number of journalists Oliver Kay for example just now has bullshitted the fake ticket lie from the French government. It is quite clear when there are large numbers of fake tickets making the rounds. I would say most of the journalists have already dismissed that idea. Kay has said he didn't notice any fake tickets doing the rounds.

Oliver Kay
@OliverKay
·
23m
French interior minister says 70% of tickets coming into Stade de France were fake.

That would mean 175,000 fake tickets on top of 75,000 attendance

Given that, while held at a checkpoint for an hour, I saw zero evidence of any fake tickets, this sounds like TOTAL bullshit

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2022, 01:46:00 pm »
Very dark all this.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2022, 01:46:18 pm »
Theres a European football show on radio every Sunday where they do rounds ups of each country and whats going on. It's been said countless times that France has a big problem with authorities, security and fans. This just highlighted it to the world. Them telling bare faced lies now and trying to blame the fans is disgraceful. They're on course for a massive tragedy there by sticking their fingers in their ears and blaming everyone but themselves. Shame on them

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2022, 01:46:57 pm »
Anyone subscribe to L'Equippe? What looks like a stinging editorial by Vincent Duluc.

Roughly summed up by the following tweets:

"France is therefore unable to organize a Champions League final and to filter supporters rationally. A pinnacle of incompetence, absolute bankruptcy."

"Law enforcement is only co-responsible for the outrageous organization [referring to UEFA]. But this press release is lunar: “rapid intervention”, “without difficulty”. No shame. And when do we apologize? And we announce when a major investigation into this general incompetence?"
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2022, 01:50:00 pm »
If French establishment think they will get away with their bollocks..they're taking on the wrong club and fan base

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2022, 01:50:59 pm »
He must have missed what happened with St Etienne last night i guess

There's been constant crowd trouble at French football games all season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2022, 01:51:02 pm »
So first it was the supporters showing up late, then it was fans breaking in, and now it's fake tickets? Which one is it? Maybe they should do a proper investigation first before reaching harmful conclusions on the fly.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2022, 01:51:58 pm »
A number of journalists Oliver Kay for example just now has bullshitted the fake ticket lie from the French government. It is quite clear when there are large numbers of fake tickets making the rounds. I would say most of the journalists have already dismissed that idea. Kay has said he didn't notice any fake tickets doing the rounds.

Oliver Kay
@OliverKay
·
23m
French interior minister says 70% of tickets coming into Stade de France were fake.

That would mean 175,000 fake tickets on top of 75,000 attendance

Given that, while held at a checkpoint for an hour, I saw zero evidence of any fake tickets, this sounds like TOTAL bullshit

Andy Robertson said his mate was told his (club issued) ticket was fake.

Offline nycjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2022, 01:54:17 pm »
It's a ridiculous argument.

Does seem like another way of saying 'we're incapable of putting on and policing a major sporting event'. 500k people turned out in liverpool yesterday, not one of them had a ticket for those buses, tear gas wasnt needed. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2022, 01:54:25 pm »
Very dark all this.
It is.

What's the agenda though? Am I missing something here?

Surely the the French authorities, UEFA, all concerned with the City of Paris itself etc would have benefited from a well organized event that passed off well and reflected well on them?

Thing is, it actually looks like there were deliberate attempts to sabotage the entire event by those hosting it. Why? I just don't get it. What am I missing?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2022, 01:55:01 pm »
Next season Champions League games we have to show UEFA exactly what we think of this whole incident.

They can't get away with this. Hopefully the club will push to the extreme limits in supporting fan sentiment on this.
JFT97

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2022, 01:55:24 pm »

Exactly. French response seems to have been ticket doesn't scan automatically equates to it being a fake. I'd imagine that's what happened to Robertson's friend and it sounds like there have been previous issues in that regard

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2022, 01:57:42 pm »
I was feeling pretty down over the result of the match yesterday, but reading the stories from people that were at the match really snaps things back into perspective and makes you realise how little football really matters in the grand scheme of things.  I'm glad that most of you managed to get back safely, but it's horrible to think of what you went through.  It's a miracle that this wasn't much worse.  Hopefully the club, the FA, and the UK press fight this one all the way and don't just let it drop.

Another reason to absolutely despise UEFA and what they are doing to the game.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2022, 01:59:01 pm »
Exactly. French response seems to have been ticket doesn't scan automatically equates to it being a fake. I'd imagine that's what happened to Robertson's friend and it sounds like there have been previous issues in that regard

saw a video earlier of an Irish guy who said they were in a group of 6, all tickets ordered together 5 scanned, 1 didnt so official said its fake.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2022, 01:59:14 pm »
So, their entry system failed, but they blame fans with genuine tickets instead, then make a bullshit story about fakes to cover their incompetent arses?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2022, 02:00:31 pm »
So, their entry system failed, but they blame fans with genuine tickets instead, then make a bullshit story about fakes to cover their incompetent arses?

It's not even a believable story though, most people are dismissing it out of hand. The journalists saying they saw no fake tickets doing the rounds.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2022, 02:00:52 pm »
Of course not.

Unless you know this as fact re the fake tickets then please don't say anything.  It really does not help matters and establishing the actual facts.

In fact many fans and journalists are calling it out as bullshit. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:05:08 pm by Millie »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline arm5ky

• Kemlynite
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2022, 02:01:38 pm »
I’m f’kng fuming.

Press conference:

• 20k tickets were fake
  • over half the 30 people arrested were British.
  • RM sorted transport for fans from there fanzone to stadium whereas LFC left their fans to sort themselves .

Bullshit excuses.
How is it Fans fault if true for so many fake tickets to be in circulation it’s UEFA fault. And no evidence of this forthcoming. I smell bullshit.
How can you get tier gas, riot police and pepper spray, yet only arrest 30 people.
It was 1mile away ffs. Whereas ours was miles away.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2022, 02:04:35 pm »
For what it's worth, I have a buddy that works in operations for one of the major sports team here in the States and he's convinced that there's no way what happened on Saturday was an accident, but rather something deliberate and intentional. He said looking at the images you could clearly see that was the fault of organization and policing, and couldn't understand why the process would have been different for either club.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2022, 02:06:58 pm »

Wow that is an absolutely horrific, harrowing account. I'm genuinely stunned by everything new that I'm reading. Beyond disgraceful. It can't be easy for you to go into detail on such a traumatic experience, but thanks a lot for sharing it on here.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2022, 02:07:28 pm »
Theres a European football show on radio every Sunday where they do rounds ups of each country and whats going on. It's been said countless times that France has a big problem with authorities, security and fans. This just highlighted it to the world. Them telling bare faced lies now and trying to blame the fans is disgraceful. They're on course for a massive tragedy there by sticking their fingers in their ears and blaming everyone but themselves. Shame on them

It's a shame it went to Paris after Russia had to be changed. Getting it late wouldn't have helped the complacency around security and organisation (compared to Euro 2016).

Chances are it would have gone to Wembley if not for the shitshow at the Euros final. It doesn't help that the other major grounds are in need of upcoming redevelopment (Camp Nou/San Siro) or under construction (Bernebeu). So it ended up in Paris. Should have just gave it back to Lisbon like 2020, or Istanbul a year earlier.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2022, 02:08:55 pm »

They said in the information before the match that your ticket will only scan at the gate that is on the ticket. So when I seen how crowded Z already was at 8pm I realised I likely wasn't getting in before kickoff. I did however get in at gate C at 9.20pm because there was no queue at that point an they let me in under the turnstile without scanning the stweard just tore the top barcode bit of my ticket off. When i went in i had no way of getting to where my seat actually was as there was a fence seperating.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2022, 02:09:53 pm »
It is.

What's the agenda though? Am I missing something here?

Surely the the French authorities, UEFA, all concerned with the City of Paris itself etc would have benefited from a well organized event that passed off well and reflected well on them?

Thing is, it actually looks like there were deliberate attempts to sabotage the entire event by those hosting it. Why? I just don't get it. What am I missing?

The only plausible explanation for it is that UEFA have had enough of British clubs dominating Europe and fancy a lengthy ban to even up the playing fields.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, I’d like to think it was down to incompetence (which is still fucking awful considering what could have happened) but at least better than it being deliberate, but if it was intentional, then I can’t see past that being the intent.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2022, 02:11:59 pm »
I'm actually beginning to think this was premeditated by the French to be honest. How did so many get past the first security checks with "fake tickets" only to be turned away from the stadium? There are literally hundreds of social media posts today with fans still holding 100% genuine tickets who where turned away.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2022, 02:12:19 pm »
can I just add that our group were split over 2 hotels in different areas.

We had nothing but apologies from the people who worked in the hotels and owners of nearby restaurants etc. The response in the morning was well received. It would be a shame if people didn't go back to this city because of what happened to us.
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2022, 02:13:01 pm »
I’m f’kng fuming.

Press conference:

• 20k tickets were fake
  • over half the 30 people arrested were British.
  • RM sorted transport for fans from there fanzone to stadium whereas LFC left their fans to sort themselves .

Bullshit excuses.
How is it Fans fault if true for so many fake tickets to be in circulation it’s UEFA fault. And no evidence of this forthcoming. I smell bullshit.
How can you get tier gas, riot police and pepper spray, yet only arrest 30 people.
It was 1mile away ffs. Whereas ours was miles away.

they are loving a victim blame in all this. The club now at fault for what - not somehow supplying a few hundred busses in a city the size of Paris? It was Klopp at fault a bit ago for telling LFC fans to go to Paris.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2022, 02:14:19 pm »
The only plausible explanation for it is that UEFA have had enough of British clubs dominating Europe and fancy a lengthy ban to even up the playing fields.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, I’d like to think it was down to incompetence (which is still fucking awful considering what could have happened) but at least better than it being deliberate, but if it was intentional, then I can’t see past that being the intent.

Frence Football Federation have massively bollocksed up a major event and want to cover their tracks. The French police have acted disgracefully and need to be provided with some justifiable cause for use of force and tear gas. The French government are a complete shambles (only reelected because enough people couldn't stand the thought of Le Pen) and don't want the bad publicity for a major security failure over a major event.

UEFA trying to cover their own tracks for a major security failure over their most prestigious event.